js error in ie8

Hi,

i am opening a popup window in ie8, the popup is load with loaded with one 
url and some javascript classes are intialized and able to call the member 
functions are from page and then i am re-directing the page the another url 
and the js classes are reinitialized. 

when i try to call the member function of the js class in the re-directed 
page, ie8 throws js error as "Unexpected call to method or property access".

When debug the code,  i found that the class is properly initialized and 
able to access the member variables of the class.  i am getting problem only 
when i try to call the member function from the re-directed page. 

i am not facing this problem in ie6 and ie7. 

Could anyone help me to solve this problem?.

Thanks
Saravana 
0
Utf
3/2/2010 6:57:03 AM
internetexplorer.general 1684 articles. 0 followers. Follow

3 Replies
2747 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 52

Hi Saravana,
Developer-specific resources include:

******* MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead)
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/threads

IE Developer Center
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx

Learn IE8
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740473.aspx

HTML and DHTML Overviews and Tutorials
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537623.aspx and

Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx

Expression Web SuperPreview for Internet Explorer (free, stand-alone visual
debugging tool for IE6, IE7, and IE8)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=8e6ac106-525d-45d0-84db-dccff3fae677

Expression Web SuperPreview Release Notes
http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/Web_SuperPreviewReleaseNotes.aspx

Validators:
http://validator.w3.org/
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/


When submitting questions to the Developer forums please include a link to 
your web site or test pages.

My guess.... XSS,

no I not sending you hugs and kisses.

XSS = Cross site scripting.... When developing ensure your IE security 
settings are set to the factory defaults.

Tools>Internet Options - Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

Regards.


"Saravana" <Saravana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:7C05DA61-DE85-4223-8B40-76D17B944D0B@microsoft.com...
> Hi,
>
> i am opening a popup window in ie8, the popup is load with loaded with one
> url and some javascript classes are intialized and able to call the member
> functions are from page and then i am re-directing the page the another 
> url
> and the js classes are reinitialized.
>
> when i try to call the member function of the js class in the re-directed
> page, ie8 throws js error as "Unexpected call to method or property 
> access".
>
> When debug the code,  i found that the class is properly initialized and
> able to access the member variables of the class.  i am getting problem 
> only
> when i try to call the member function from the re-directed page.
>
> i am not facing this problem in ie6 and ie7.
>
> Could anyone help me to solve this problem?.
>
> Thanks
> Saravana 

0
rob
3/2/2010 8:55:44 AM
Hi rob,

Thanks for your suggestions. It is not an XSS vulnerability issue. The 
method from java script object is not executed,but we are able to get the 
values from object properties.

Pls. let us know if there are ny other ways to debug to find out root cause 
of the problem. We do not have sample site to show the problem. 

Regards,
Murali
"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Saravana,
> Developer-specific resources include:
> 
> ******* MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead)
> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/threads
> 
> IE Developer Center
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx
> 
> Learn IE8
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740473.aspx
> 
> HTML and DHTML Overviews and Tutorials
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537623.aspx and
> 
> Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx
> 
> Expression Web SuperPreview for Internet Explorer (free, stand-alone visual
> debugging tool for IE6, IE7, and IE8)
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=8e6ac106-525d-45d0-84db-dccff3fae677
> 
> Expression Web SuperPreview Release Notes
> http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/Web_SuperPreviewReleaseNotes.aspx
> 
> Validators:
> http://validator.w3.org/
> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
> 
> 
> When submitting questions to the Developer forums please include a link to 
> your web site or test pages.
> 
> My guess.... XSS,
> 
> no I not sending you hugs and kisses.
> 
> XSS = Cross site scripting.... When developing ensure your IE security 
> settings are set to the factory defaults.
> 
> Tools>Internet Options - Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"
> 
> Regards.
> 
> 
> "Saravana" <Saravana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:7C05DA61-DE85-4223-8B40-76D17B944D0B@microsoft.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > i am opening a popup window in ie8, the popup is load with loaded with one
> > url and some javascript classes are intialized and able to call the member
> > functions are from page and then i am re-directing the page the another 
> > url
> > and the js classes are reinitialized.
> >
> > when i try to call the member function of the js class in the re-directed
> > page, ie8 throws js error as "Unexpected call to method or property 
> > access".
> >
> > When debug the code,  i found that the class is properly initialized and
> > able to access the member variables of the class.  i am getting problem 
> > only
> > when i try to call the member function from the re-directed page.
> >
> > i am not facing this problem in ie6 and ie7.
> >
> > Could anyone help me to solve this problem?.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Saravana 
> 
0
Utf
3/3/2010 2:44:01 PM
Hi Murali,

Please repost your question on the IE Web Development Forum

 http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/threads

This is a public newsgroup for IE users. Technical questions are better 
asked in the above as asking here will just confuse the average home user 
with no technical interest.

Provide as much detail as possible. A link to a test page is ideal and make 
sure you validate your markup and scripts first. You should also test first 
in no-Addons mode to rule out third-party software.

Regards.

"Murali" <Murali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:16868656-AFA1-4A69-AC0F-982268A47450@microsoft.com...
> Hi rob,
>
> Thanks for your suggestions. It is not an XSS vulnerability issue. The
> method from java script object is not executed,but we are able to get the
> values from object properties.
>
> Pls. let us know if there are ny other ways to debug to find out root 
> cause
> of the problem. We do not have sample site to show the problem.
>
> Regards,
> Murali
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi Saravana,
>> Developer-specific resources include:
>>
>> ******* MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead)
>> http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/threads
>>
>> IE Developer Center
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx
>>
>> Learn IE8
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740473.aspx
>>
>> HTML and DHTML Overviews and Tutorials
>> http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537623.aspx and
>>
>> Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
>> http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx
>>
>> Expression Web SuperPreview for Internet Explorer (free, stand-alone 
>> visual
>> debugging tool for IE6, IE7, and IE8)
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=8e6ac106-525d-45d0-84db-dccff3fae677
>>
>> Expression Web SuperPreview Release Notes
>> http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/Web_SuperPreviewReleaseNotes.aspx
>>
>> Validators:
>> http://validator.w3.org/
>> http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/
>>
>>
>> When submitting questions to the Developer forums please include a link 
>> to
>> your web site or test pages.
>>
>> My guess.... XSS,
>>
>> no I not sending you hugs and kisses.
>>
>> XSS = Cross site scripting.... When developing ensure your IE security
>> settings are set to the factory defaults.
>>
>> Tools>Internet Options - Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>>
>> "Saravana" <Saravana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:7C05DA61-DE85-4223-8B40-76D17B944D0B@microsoft.com...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > i am opening a popup window in ie8, the popup is load with loaded with 
>> > one
>> > url and some javascript classes are intialized and able to call the 
>> > member
>> > functions are from page and then i am re-directing the page the another
>> > url
>> > and the js classes are reinitialized.
>> >
>> > when i try to call the member function of the js class in the 
>> > re-directed
>> > page, ie8 throws js error as "Unexpected call to method or property
>> > access".
>> >
>> > When debug the code,  i found that the class is properly initialized 
>> > and
>> > able to access the member variables of the class.  i am getting problem
>> > only
>> > when i try to call the member function from the re-directed page.
>> >
>> > i am not facing this problem in ie6 and ie7.
>> >
>> > Could anyone help me to solve this problem?.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Saravana
>> 
0
rob
3/3/2010 9:26:54 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How analyze Error Report Contents information?
My MFC application crashed during testing, and the tester sent me a screenshot of the Error Report Contents dialog, which at least shows that it was our good friend the 0xc0000005 error, and gives the address at which the exception occurred. Is there any way to take that address, and look in the MAP file the linker generated, and figure out in which function the problem occurred? I've looked at some of the appcompat.txt files generated on my machine, and they don't seem to contain anything that would help me map address to function. Thanks! Chris There is a very good articl...

Exchange & IIS Services crash with 7031/7034 Errors
Hi there I have a couple of servers that have started to display some odd service crashes. One server is Windows 2003 Small Business Server, the other is Windows 2003 Server with Exchange 2003 Standard. Both servers are fully up to date with Microsoft patches as of last "Patch Tuesday" and I have checked them both today to ensure there is nothing new for them. Both servers are running Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 10 and Symantec Mail Security for Exchange with the Premium AntiSpam plugin. The symptoms on both servers are similar, but not exactly the same, I am going to co...

error no memory with one workbook
Hi I have a workbook 1 that i have been working on for many years adding new sheet macros etc But lately if i open workbook 1 on its own it is fine but if i try and open another workbook (with or without macros enabled) i get a message box say "Not enough memory" and will not let me open the second workbook, I have tried deleting all the modules and all forms thinking they might be the trouble, but still no joy If i close workbook 1 and open the other workbooks, they open fine and work fine macros etc so this leads me to think that it is workbook 1 that is creating the problem, h...

Form Combo Box Causes Query Error Message
Using Access 2007, I created two similar combo boxes, using the control wizard for each form, in design view, one for each of two separate databases. For one database it presents no problem at all. But for the other, when I create a query, initially the query displays during the creation process. However, every time I try to re-open the query, it re-opens and displays the correct data, BUT only after I close an error message box that always pops up. The error message says: "An invalid condition was encountered by Access due to a value that you entered for a field or table prope...

Windows Security Updates failed with uknown Error
Automatic updates enabled.. Running Windows 7 with 64 bit OS...MacAfee loaded? Fails all 8 updates.. either run automatic or individually.. All office products turned off? Any suggestions? -- cbox ...

share workbook error
I am using excel 2007 and am trying to share a workbook. review/share workbook Then I get the message that the file is no longer shared. How can I share the workbook? ...

Windows 7 Install and IE8
Hi: I just installed Windows 7 yesterday and all is well. It automatically intstalled IE8 which I already had on the machine and CRM worked fine in compatabilty mode. The browers seems to have been updated and even though I have the box check saying view all sites in compatabilyt mode I still receive the error stating I need to upgrage my brower. however, It I type in http://crm/loader.aspx it works BUT I don't receive the clean edges I am accustomed too, any ideas? Thanks. I have the exact same problem. I upgraded from Vista & IE8 to Windows7 & IE8. The main difference I se...

GP ver 10 SP 2
Hi Folks I am testing in the Fabrikam company and I have been able to duplicate an error that is happening at my client in their live data. I capture a PO for stock code 100XLG for a qty of 2 at an extended cost of ..25c. The system displays the .25c as the extended cost but it displays ..26c as the 'Remaining PO Subtotal' value. The PO on 'blank' form also prints up a total of .26c. It's fine if I use an extended cost of .24c or .26c and I understand that as the maths division works out fine. Does anyone have a solution to this problem please? Thankx in advan...

Mount Store error
I just installed two new HD's and reinstalled Win2003 SBS (I just saved off the edb and stm files before before I blew away the old hard disk). I tried simply coping the the edb and stm files into the empty \Exchsrvr\MDBDATA folder and got the c1041724 error when I tried to mount the stores. I attempted to resolve this by following some of the solutions proposed to others in this news group, but no use. I have tried eseutil /d, then eseutil /r, then finally an eseutil /p. Nothing has worked. How can I get the data from these stores? After getting the c1041724 when attempting to mount...

Missing CRM Key error
I have installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 and it seems to be working fine. I tried to create an email within the browser version (not via outlook) and get an error message that says: Communications error: Missing Microsoft CRM key. Any idea what I may have done wrong on the install? Dean. You problably missed to fill in the text "CrmEmailEnable" in the active directory user spec's. See also the IG. Erik. >-----Original Message----- >I have installed Microsoft CRM 1.2 and it seems to be >working fine. I tried to create an email within the >browser version (not v...

a query that opens but errors on Set qry=currentDB.Openrecordset()
MSA2k7: An existing select query and an existing sub that all work fine I add one more column to my select query to filter the records further. It uses a "like" function that pulls a value from an unbound combo box on a form: Like "*" & [Forms]![frmGroups].[cboFilterCrit] & "*" The query works. It opens from the db container, and from a docmd.openquery command: But: Now my existing sub crashes when I set an object to the query : Set objSourceQry = CurrentDb.OpenRecordset(strSourceQry) ' - this line crashes with "Too few parameters expecte...

IE8 Tab Problem
Is there a way to get all the tabs I am using in a session to show the next time I open my browser? In IE7 whatever tabs I was using I had it set to open them all up the next time I used my browser but IE8 doesn't allow that option. Is there a work around? Had I known this was not a feature I wouldn't have been dumb enough to click on the download when I was on Facebook as the way it is set up now is not convenient. Appreciate any answers you may have. Thanks. If you click on downloads in Facebook, you /are/ dumb. But I'll bet you're smart enough to us...

Outlook 2000 C++ Error
When I first open Outlook I get a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error Program: c:\\progra~1\micros~2\office\outlook.exe This ap[plication has requested the Runtime to be terminated in an unusual way. Please contact the applications support team for more information. When I click OK I get about 12 more different errors, and then Outlook closes. I can then open it and it works. CAN ANYONE DECHIPER THIS? I have tried uninstalling/reinstalling Office, updating all patches and SPs, Erase2000 won't open with XP (Home)....I am at a lose. ...

Web Login Error
Hello, I'm running MS CRM 1.2 on Windows 2003 Server with Exchange Server 2003. Up until recently I was able to login using the web interface without any problems. However when I try to login now I receive this error (which has been taken from the error report returned with the webconfig "DevErrors" key turned on). Error Description: User Access Error Error Details: Details on this error have not been provided by the platform. Error Number: 0x80049001 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Type: Platform Error (2) Server: 208.19.117.204 Query String: /Default.a...

FRx chained report error
We are running FRx on a daily basis through the Chained report selection, however, all of a sudden our reports get stuck and we get an error, "None of the Reporting Units in the Tree match the Starting Unit specified in the Catalog. All units will be presented for selection." Any ideas what might have changed to cause this error? These reports have been working correctly for months, and just are now giving us this problem. Any insight would be helpful and appreciated. Thanks, KJ ...

Error 2349
Note please contact support for assistance. Having problems with operating Home Publisher 2000. Help Home Publishing has its own newsgroup news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.home.publishing This error will appear when the CD is dirty or damaged. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Erk" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ac5f01c48825$936231b0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Note please contact support for assistance. Having > problems with operating Home Publisher 2000...

Error 3704
Please advise if anyone has come across the error below and its resolution. Our Headquarters Client debug log reports the following. <<CStateMachine::ExecuteState>> Error 3704: Operation is not allowed when the object is closed. (Unhandled Error, state = '7'). An error was detected, connection will be aborted. Rachelle wrote: > Please advise if anyone has come across the error below and its > resolution. > > Our Headquarters Client debug log reports the following. > > <<CStateMachine::ExecuteState>> Error 3704: Operation is not allowed ...

Resource Error- CVT1100 duplicate resource
I just added a second resource file to my project. And Started getting this error LSEditor fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:BITMAP, name:441, language:0x0409 First I searched for 441 in my files, and no one else was assigned that number execpt for this bitamp. But I changed the ID to 541 anyway and now I am getting LSEditor fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:BITMAP, name:541, language:0x0409 what gives? MSDN, and Knowledge base were not much help on this either. Ali R. Hi Ali, See if the following archive from google is of any help. ...

Crystal Report viewer errors
From time to time users are receiving the following error when generating reports in CRM. "Unable to connect: incorrect log on parameters. File xxxxxxx.rpt" any thoughts on what causes this? The ODBC connection from Crystal to the actual SQL DB? The site and SQL instance are installed on the same box, and it's not consistent so I do not believe it's an authentication issue? Thanks, Sean does this happen with the standard crm reports or just custom ones? "Phifunk" <Phifunk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BDECB5A5-D6B6-4468-B19F-D7B0EA...

iteration and error "#div/0!"
Who can help me to solve this problem. I have made 2 files (calculations) in EXCEL in which I have used iterations in some cells. In the first file iterations are used in 3 cells, and this calculation is being performed correctly. Because the iteration does not start by itself when input values are zero, I started out via a macro, putting a value larger than zero, in the cell. Than I proceed by replacing this value with the formula needed. I found out that this works okay. But, now I've build a second file where in 24 cells there should be performed an iteration. I also used a macro as ...

Reply to message error
Using Outlook 2003 and having a problem replying to recieved messages. I get a 550 error and the message is returned undeliverable. The addresses are valid, and I can create a new message and send with no problem. Thanks... I'm not sure why replies would be a problem but new mail wouldn't, but look at http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HA011128331033 for information on the 550 error. -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "Gary" <anonymous@discussions.micr...

Money report error
I am getting this error message: 'Due to changes in your Money file, the saved version of the " Money Auto-saved Report" is no longer valid. Money has attempted to reset this report, but you should delete it from your list of favorites and recreate it to avoid unreliable information' The problem is, I never created this report and when I go to saved reports it is not there anyway. Please help ...

Interactions - Export to Excel
Folks: Need your help ! I am trying to pull an acitivty report in CRM. If I go to the Interactions page, and then click on “edit View” icon over on the right hand side, and complete the drop downs, if I export to Excel, I get an error message that reads: Argument ‘Index’ is not a valid value. I get this error only for Interactions and not with any other workplace. We are on CRM 3.0 .- SQL Server 2005 Thanks ! ...

problem with overlaping windows in IE8
I have reinstalled IE8 twice now thinking it would solve the problem, it hasn't. When I have 2 or more windows open at the same time one is transparant and the others overlap. If I try to close out one of the windows it doesn't close unless I use the task bar, even then part of that window remains. There are times when there are big holes with just the window frame showing. I have also been experiencing screen blackouts, can't seem to find the reason for that either. I've run a virus scan, ran a malware scan and also ran RegCure. I still have both problems...

3.0
System Environment: W2003 Server SQL 2000 CRM and SQL on different servers Two errors: Duration and Subject. Have searched here and in the CRM KB (Customer Source) . We exhausted our included Software Assurance Support Cases resolving issues that were not fixed by the hotfix fix. In the user's own words: Outlook 2003 SP2 CRM Laptop Client (3.0.053) Goal: Create a Task within Outlook, Save, and Close the task within Outlook. Process: 1 - Open Outlook and click the Create New Task icon in the CRM Toolbar. 2 - Click the Regarding button and select the Case I want to associate the Tas...