Internet Explorer 7 Compatibility

Does Internet Explorer 7 works well with Windows 7?

Antoine wrote:

> Does Internet Explorer 7 works well with Windows 7?

Did your install of Windows 7 actually have Internet Explorer missing?
0
VanguardLH
1/11/2010 8:11:15 AM
No, not at all. You cannot install it nor uninstall IE8 to downgrade to 7.

Why? Are you having problems with IE8 on Win7? Did you upgrade to Win7 from
XP?

Probably an incompatible IE Addon that you have brought across from your
previous Windows OS.

In Win7....

Start>Control Panel>Troubleshooting

Regards.

"Antoine" <Antoine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does Internet Explorer 7 works well with Windows 7?

0
rob
1/11/2010 8:18:00 AM
As well as IE6 works in Vista.

Antoine wrote:
> Does Internet Explorer 7 works well with Windows 7?
0
PA
1/11/2010 3:12:10 PM
"Antoine" <Antoine@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does Internet Explorer 7 works well with Windows 7?

Why would you want it to?

0
Jeff

blocking internet addresses
How can I block certain sites and banners from showing up on my Outlook Express? Thanks in advance Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "steve" <anonymous...

Windows 7 Discussion Group
Is there one? If so and I missed it I apologize. Thanks "RHinNC" <rhinnc@[get rid of this] hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OEORv3yhKHA.5604@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there one? If so and I missed it I apologize. Thanks > There are Microsoft forums, but no Microsoft newsgroups. There is an alt.windows7.general newsgroup, though, if your ISP carries it. -- SC Tom On 12/27/2009 2:51 PM, RHinNC wrote: > Is there one? If so and I missed it I apologize. Thanks > > I have been using the alt.windows7.general which is available a free...

Outlook 2000 disconnects from the internet
It disconnects and stops checking for mail often. Never stays on line for more that a couple of hours. Internet through cable hook up. If I swith to Outlook Express it stays connected continually but Express doesn't have a calendar. ...

Information Store Size #7
I have SBS 2000 with exchange 2000. My information store is as follows: Priv1.edb- 5,783,816 Priv1.stm- 5,978,120 Pub1.edb- 5,325,960 Pub1.stm- 1,753,096 Does the 16GB limit include both the private and public stores or is there a 16GB limit for each. If I have exceeded my limit, what options do I have to make it to a FEB/MAR hardware software upgrade I have planned? Thanks, Steve 16GB limit is per store, so 16GB for Private and 16GB for Public. You must add the .edb and .stm file to calculate your store size. Options for upgrade is to go to SBS 2003 R2 which raises the limit to 75G...

Outlook turns into an explorer
Hello All, I have a very worrying problem with a friend's outlook express. Every time she launches it, the toolbar is filled with unwanted panels and the main section turns into an explorer page and downloads some kind of website with a blue background. This is very annoying! Obviously this is infected with spyware or something. I have tried running spybot without success and was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how this may be fixed. Many thanks in advance, Richard Ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Inter...

FWD: Check internet patch from M$ Corp.
--tovpxuxduzg Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="qzchustdwxu"; type="multipart/alternative" --qzchustdwxu Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="isqmslfdvfx" --isqmslfdvfx Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to protect your computer from these vulnerabilities, the most serious...

How to detect whether the internet connection is broken
I use the Socket. I connect my client to a NNTP Server. I think the connection will be broken by the Server if my client is idle for an unknown period of time. The server closes the connection without sending any acknowledgement. I have no idea on how to detect whether the connection is broken or not. Can anyone have any idea? Thanks. Franz wrote: > I use the Socket. I connect my client to a NNTP Server. I think the > connection will be broken by the Server if my client is idle for an unknown > period of time. The server closes the connection without sending any > acknowledgemen...

Windows Media Player in Windows 7
With Windows Media Player 11 in Windows Vista, when i have a movie in .avi and the subtitle .srt (Both Files with the same name), i can see the movie with subtitle correctly. With Windows Media Player in Windows 7 Ultimate i only see the movie without subtitle. What is the Problem? Version of Media Player in W7 - 12.0.7600.16415 Best regards and thank you for your answers. Curious Hi, Windows 7 uses a new type of video decoders (called Windows Media Foundation) as opposed to the DirectShow filters used in Vista. No matter what decoders (K-lite codec pack, ffdshow, etc.) y...

IE8
IE8 won't open links (for example, links displayed by a Google search). If I use "Mysearch", the links will open. However, certain links on certain websites refuse to open as well. -- John P See the Answer post by OnyXxL in this thread: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/e312e580-1cbc-496b-8c6b-b69b8535a7bb Tip => Since MS in its infinite wisdom decided that there will be no Win7-specific newsgroups [What were they thinking?], primary support for Win7 computers will be found in these forums: http://social.answers.micr...

FW: Watch internet update
--gutbsxcuysafxkz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bfuwmidbrmbdw"; type="multipart/alternative" --bfuwmidbrmbdw Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="custrdjaxxk" --custrdjaxxk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now t...

I STRONGLY RECOMMEND THIS MLM PROGRAM(turn $3.7 in to 1,434,892.8 by e-gold) #2
It's NOT illegal and it is NOT a scam !!!!!. Hello every body , Im Behrooz Farhangirad , After so much seeking and asking about a good MLM program that not to be a fraud , guaranteed earnings, low investment with a high and fast payments , pay with e-gold , free and simple join and some other services for free such as advertising ,.... I m be glad to introduce one of them , I joined to this program two weeks ago, and i have got a good result ,you can see my earning bill if you want ,contact me. I strongly recommend you to join , follow me: 1) You should open an e-gold account for...

Importing Netscape 4.7 mail
Does anyone know of a way to import mail from Netscape 4.7 to Outlook 2003 or Outlook Express. The only import options I see are for Eudora and other Microsoft products. TIA OE should have the option to import from 4.7 - try the Netscape communicator one. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips...

stacked column chart #7
I have a stacked column chart and I added data labels showing values. I want the chart to graph the value with the column bars, but I would like to see the percentages with those bars instead of the value. For example, the total for the column bar is 200 with the break down as such: Group = 50, Individual = 25 and Enterprise 125. I want the stack bar to show a total of 200, but instead of the labels showing the value of 50, 25 and 125 for Group, Individual and Enterprise, I want the labels to show 25% for Group (50/200), 12.5% (25/200) for Individual and 62.5% (125/200) for Enterpri...

Multiple document support in MFC 7.1
I have ported my MFC codes from VS6 to .Net and found that I am no longer able to start a multiple document app by double clicking the icon of an associated document file in the Windows Explorer. The VS6 versions linked with MFC6 works fine, but the .Net versions linked with MFC7 do not. The same goes for a simple .Net/MFC7 skeleton multiple document app built with the .Net App Wizard. The document info is being registered in the registry, but apparantly Windows cannot find the clicked file. All single document apps work OK, so I wonder what can be missing ? Michael >I have ...

Hosting several internet domain names on one Exchange 2003 Server
Hi, I have a simple setup with SmallBusinessServer and 1 domain. We use Exchange and ISA 2003. Our domain is registered for use on the internet and employees use email-addresses with that domain, f.ex xxxx@domain1.com We have also registered 3 other domains on the internet (domain2, domain3 and domain4.com) and we want to use these domains in our emailadresses as well. I can successfully setup this on each Active Directory user and send mail on our internal network. When trying to send mail from outside our company, I get an response saying "cannot relay..." immediately. Th...

version compatibility
I too have had problems trying to create files in Publisher 2003, and the trying to open them in earlier versions. I got a copy of 'CUTE.PDF' as a freebie on the cobver of the latest 'Windows XP' magazine (UK) This is a shareware programme for converting documents to PDF. Works perfectly! So have been able to convert some of my publisher leaflets etc to PDF, take them to work and print them out OK regards ( and thanks for all the publisher tips) Peter Cripps ...

Explorer type Window Using MDI
Hi, i am new to MDI. i want to do an Explorer type window with an MDI Application.Means , one Treeview should be there at Left side and for each selection on the Treeitem ,a new child window has to be created(with Formview on the Right side). How i can create this fixed Treeview with in the Parent client area?. Please help me with some samples. Thank you for your time. -- shamrock ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Posted via http://www.codecomments.com ------------------------------------------------------------------------ > How i can create ...

Millionaire at 31 ... on the Internet! Listen to how he is doing it. #2
"Hi, my name is theeb basheer. Since months, I have tried everything, nothing worked out. The Internet is so competitive, I was only a number. Now I�m so excited seeing paychecks from my online business coming in. Everything changed when I read Stephan Ducharme�s course "How to get 1 Million visitors on your website without paying a dime in advertising." If you are tired of working an entire month for 10 or 100 bucks, Click here. Stephan is different. He is a real player, doing it himself � He is getting more than 20,000 visitors raging on his site each day to learn his techniq...

WDK 7.1 Mirror driver, INF file fail on windows 7 64bits
Hi, I'm trying to install the mirror driver sample given in the WDK 7.0 (rev 7600.16385.1) but I'm unable to execute the .inf file. I tried the following ways : - Right click -> install Error : "The INF file you selected doest not support this method of installation" - Using the device manager -> Add legacy hardware -> on Display adapter -> select the path to mirror.inf Error : "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for you device". - Using DevCon.exe by doing "devcon instal...

Internet Programming
i want to read souce file of a perticular web page, how to do that using visual c++ mfc. i was trying to do using CHtmlView class, but i couldn't find any such function which allows me to do that -anku Url Download To File Or if you can access the Active X of the document page, document.body.innerHTML (variant string) -- - Mark Randall http://www.temporal-solutions.co.uk "We're Systems and Networks..." "It's our job to know..." "anku" <anku@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0A0388E3-0298-4BB5-97DD-CF506D575F0E@micr...

Print preview #7
How can i have the dooteed lines indicating the pages on the sheet, what i am doing at present is clicking print preview and then closing straight away so that these dotted lines are shown, i do a lot of large copying and pasting in the sheets so it will be easier to see where to position things. Ta Stu When I want to see those dotted lines, I just do a quick print preview. If I don't want to see them, I go through: Tools|Options|View tab|and uncheck page breaks Ska wrote: > > How can i have the dooteed lines indicating the pages on the sheet, what i am > doing at p...

Windows 7 redirect, or what to purge/delete on a new Windows 7 laptop to be returned....
I can't find which newsgroup to ask the following question. So if anyone could redirect me to the proper newsgroup, I'd apprecaiate it. Or if anyone could answer this question. I've had a Windows 7 laptop for a few weeks, but I intend to return it. I've mostly surfed, but I would like to know what and how to delete any and all records of my surfing, etc. Also my logon. Basically I don't want anything from me on that computer when I return it. Thanks, -- Steve Mc DNA to SBC to respond Steve Mc wrote: > I can't find which newsgr...

NDR Message 5.7.1
I have a problem with message beging recieved through our exchange server. This recently started. One of our other admins did some tweaking before he went out of town and we are having a hard time finding out what was done and yes we have tried to contact him. Mail sent from exchange users come in fine but when sent from external addresses (the ones we have tested) do not come in and get a ndr message. I don't know how long this has been happening exactly but it has been a week since the other admin left. Used both DNSreports / DNSstuff and oddly both have the MX and DNS succes...

total memory available is only 3.3GB with 4GB physical memory under windows 7 64 bit 11-29-09
I had 4GB physical memoryon the PC. With Windows vista 32 bit, available memory is shown as 3.3GB. I asked and was told that only under 64 bit windows, will the available memory be 4GB. When I upgraded to windows 7, I chosed 64 bit, but the available memory shown in the system is still 3.3 GB. Why is this and is there a way to make the full 4GB available? It's possible that my video card is using RAM instead of its own RAM. If I install a video card with its own RAM, will the full 4GB be available? Thanks. Little has changed in this respect in Windows 7. Starting wit...

GP 6-->7.5-->9
I'm testing for an upgrade from GP 6 to 7.5 to 9 on VMWARE, win2003 server, sql2000sp3. - I installed GP6, created all the companies and users - Tested connectivity (ok) - Restored production databases to test build - Tested connectivity (ok) - Ran 7.5 install - After install required to run GP Utilities - Logged on as dbase admin to Server: Dynamics - Got welcome message, clicked Next and get the following message "A previous version of Great Plains has been detected. To proceed, you need to upgrade your Great Plains system database. Other users are currently using Great Plains. Yo...