IE8 'View Source' opens minimised

Suddenly, after no previous problems, when I open 'Page / View Source' in IE8
it flashes on screen then minimises immediately to the Taskbar.

It can be viewed when maximised ok.
It can be resized and I have then tried closing whilst holding down Ctrl.
It only happens to 'View Source' not any other window.

I am perplexed?

Hi Bob,

It is probably hidden from view behind the IE Window. Just move the IE
Window down your screen to see the View Source window behind it.

I have noticed the same issue since the last IE security update (last night
my time)... It is also affecting all scripted popup windows..

Here is the fix for view-source though.

Press F12 to display the developer tool, Choose File>Customize Internet
Explorer View Source>Notepad

I am using Vista x86 SP2 with NIVIDA GForce. Can you please post back with
your Windows and Graphics card details.

Regards.

"Bob N" <Bob N@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Suddenly, after no previous problems, when I open 'Page / View Source' in
> IE8
> it flashes on screen then minimises immediately to the Taskbar.
>
> It can be viewed when maximised ok.
> It can be resized and I have then tried closing whilst holding down Ctrl.
> It only happens to 'View Source' not any other window.
>
> I am perplexed?

0
rob
4/2/2010 7:10:40 AM
Rob,

Thanks for your reply.

I am using Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2, and NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE
nForce 430 Graphics Card.

I too noticed this happen subsequent to updates and it has happened on two
PCs I use. Bit of an inconvenience rather than a problem. If I change the
Registry Keys to 'Notepad' the window stays in view (not minimised) but as
soon as I revert back to the Default Editor is minimises immediately?? What
will the next Microsoft update bring??

Cheers
Bob N
"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> It is probably hidden from view behind the IE Window. Just move the IE
> Window down your screen to see the View Source window behind it.
>
> I have noticed the same issue since the last IE security update (last night
> my time)... It is also affecting all scripted popup windows..
>
> Here is the fix for view-source though.
>
> Press F12 to display the developer tool, Choose File>Customize Internet
> Explorer View Source>Notepad
>
> I am using Vista x86 SP2 with NIVIDA GForce. Can you please post back with
> your Windows and Graphics card details.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Bob N" <Bob N@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Suddenly, after no previous problems, when I open 'Page / View Source' in
> > IE8
> > it flashes on screen then minimises immediately to the Taskbar.
> >
> > It can be viewed when maximised ok.
> > It can be resized and I have then tried closing whilst holding down Ctrl.
> > It only happens to 'View Source' not any other window.
> >
> > I am perplexed?

Its a low level patch, not so much to do with IE. Its a catchup game with
the black hats. Slowly MS is gaining the upper hand. A new nail will be
issued to hold the new Jell-O in place subsequently. Such is the SDLC. As a
developer I know nothing is perfect and don't have expectations of such. The
other browser vendors have the same issues, but we don't see their posts
here.

> Rob,
>
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> I am using Vista Home Premium Service Pack 2, and NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE
> nForce 430 Graphics Card.
>
> I too noticed this happen subsequent to updates and it has happened on two
> PCs I use. Bit of an inconvenience rather than a problem. If I change the
> Registry Keys to 'Notepad' the window stays in view (not minimised) but as
> soon as I revert back to the Default Editor is minimises immediately??
> What
> will the next Microsoft update bring??
>

> Cheers
> Bob N
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi Bob,
>>
>> It is probably hidden from view behind the IE Window. Just move the IE
>> Window down your screen to see the View Source window behind it.
>>
>> I have noticed the same issue since the last IE security update (last
>> night
>> my time)... It is also affecting all scripted popup windows..
>>
>> Here is the fix for view-source though.
>>
>> Press F12 to display the developer tool, Choose File>Customize Internet
>> Explorer View Source>Notepad
>>
>> I am using Vista x86 SP2 with NIVIDA GForce. Can you please post back
>> with
>> your Windows and Graphics card details.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Bob N" <Bob N@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Suddenly, after no previous problems, when I open 'Page / View Source'
>> > in
>> > IE8
>> > it flashes on screen then minimises immediately to the Taskbar.
>> >
>> > It can be viewed when maximised ok.
>> > It can be resized and I have then tried closing whilst holding down
>> > Ctrl.
>> > It only happens to 'View Source' not any other window.
>> >
>> > I am perplexed?

0
rob

Domain Controller Security Policy
Hello I was trying to open both "Domain Controller Security Policy" and "Domain Security Policy", I have the error: "Failed to open the group policy object, you may not have appropriate rights" and in detail section "the parameter is incorrect" I log on as administrator so don't think if it has anything to do with permission and right Thanks everyone TT ...

open/save dialog title broken
The title bar of any Office 2003 program's open/save dialog has just a single letter. Any ideas what's broken? tbone ...

outlook contact view
Normally while viewing inbox window in the left hand lower area I have a contacts list. Somehow it got deleted from view and I cannot find where to open it again. thanks for the help You must be using Outlook Express, as Outlook does not have this option. In Outlook Express, go to View | Layout and check the Contacts box. For future reference, please note that this newsgroup is for support of Outlook 97/98/2000/2002/2003 from the Office suite of products. Outlook Express is actually a separate program despite the similar name. For help with your OE questions, try an OE newsgroup such as...

Subform in Datasheet View
Is there a way to have the datasheet view of a subform *not* show the "button-like" row that shows the field names? -- Thanks, tbl No there isn't. If you create a continuous style form, you can eliminate the headings. You can modify a continuous form so that it looks like a 'datasheet'. -- Joan Wild Microsoft Access MVP "tbl" <hateThatSpam@invalid.net> wrote in message news:4gqs13dds31nhu1bsmbrm5tt86adbfea1m@4ax.com... > Is there a way to have the datasheet view of a subform *not* > show the "button-like" row that shows the field n...

Tr again: Modifying Calendar's "reading" view in 2003
In Outlook 2003, Calendar allows me to show the event's content in a "Reading" pane at the right or bottom of the calendar. But the layout of the Reading pane wastes a lot of space. Can its layout or content be modified? No, the content can't be modified. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com...

can't open files

Practice downloaded opened but instruction viewer encountered prob
HELP! I downloaded the free trial of 20007 Professional. After viewing Windows Word 2007 Training 1st session, pressed practice session. 2007 word downloaded practice screen but the instruction screen attempted to open but received error message box "MS Office Help Viewer encountered problem and needs to close." Could not get instructions to complete practice!! Trying to get a job and need to review & practice 2007 software asap! Any suggestions? ...

toggling between open work books
Re EXCEL97 under WinXP-Pro w/SR-2 Microsoft Windows allows you to easily toggle between applications using Alt-Tab. Is there a similar key board to toggle between two open workbooks in Excel? One can use Alt-W to display list of open workbooks, but you can�t just blinding hit the up or down arrow, because the most recently accessed workbook is not always at the top or bottom. I realize that I could get around the problem of opening two copies of Excel and then toggling using the Alt-Tab keys, but typically I�ve got two workbooks open in one copy of Excel before I realize I need the f...

Opening for Great Plains Developer in SF Bay Area
Hi, We have a current position open for a Great Plains developer to perform dB maintenance for Great Plains installation. Open to Contract or Contract to Perm. Full job description on request. Please email if you are interested. Thanks, Brendan McIntyre brendan@emailpcs.com ...

Can I set my custom views on Pivot table
I want to get Pivot table data on my invoice, is it possible to set custom views so that I can get Pivot table results on invoice format, I've tried views that offer excel but it doesn't offer custom views please help Thanks ...

Opening and formating a CSV file?
Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data goes straight into the worksheet. (Presumably because it is not 'delimited'?) Without the Wizard at my side, how do I get each comma-separated field in its own column? -- Terry, West Sussex, UK Try renaming your .csv file to .txt Terry Pinnell wrote: > > Could someone remind me how to handle CSV files please? I had assumed > the Text Import Wizard would pop-up when I use File|Open, but the data > goes straight into the worksheet...

Open Workbook
I have a query that pulls 2 fields from a table. One field (ReportName) is selected from a form combo box. The second field (ReportLocation) in the query is the full path of the ReportName selected. I want to open the workbook using the ReportLocation, when the ReportName in the form changes. So I need to the code to enter in "On Change" for my form, so whatever report is selected, it opens up. Please help. Thank you in advance. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200802/1 here is my current code that doesn'...

web preview not same as publisher view
Reading past postings it appears others too are having serious problems with Web preview in both 2002 and 2003. I think the problem is that text handling within text boxes in normal Publisher view simply does not reflect that as seen in Web Preview (currently Explorer 6) On a totally blank (wide setting) webpage, using standard Times New Roman 12pont (no italic underline or bold) I typed six lines of Mary had a little lamb into a 3.85x3.029cm text box with all margins set to 00. I outlined the box with a 1/4pt line Whereas the text just fitted into the box in Publisher view, in Web ...

collating information from multiple sources
Hi Apologies if this has been asked before, but I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to mucking around in excel, I've had a search but I don't really know what to call what I want to do, so finding the answer is tricky... Anyway. I have a dozen or so workbooks that are all of the same format, 1 work sheet with a basic list of test scenarios in each, with a unique reference for each row. What I'd like to do is pull information from all those workbooks into a separate workbook by the use of the unique reference. i.e If I type in the unique reference in the master workb...

Opening to a default tab?
Hello, Is there a way to get a workbook to default to a certain tab when opening the file? I noticed that it opens to whatever page was open when last saved but I want it to always open to the first sheet regardless. Any ideas? Thank you in advance, Joe Use the Workbook_open event in ThisWorkbook module or an auto_open macro in a regular module sub auto_open() sheets("mysheet").select end sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Joe" <Joe@home.com> wrote in message news:eZpp9EUKEHA.1312@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is there a wa...

How do I view all Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory
Guys, Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. -- Buchi On Sat, 6 Aug 2005 08:21:01 -0700, "Buchi" <Buchi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Guys, >Is there a way to view and confirm all the Global Catalog Servers in Active >Directory? I'll appreciate your help.Regards. You could in the DNS (dnsmgmt.msc) under the _msdcs folder for your AD domain. or nslookup (ls -t SRV ADdomain.com) or look via Sites and Services or use repadmin: (repadmin /showreps YourDC). The result wi...

Open Continuous form with a few lines showing
Hi I have successfully implemented a continuous form to open at a new line with RunCommand acCmdRecordsGoToNew in the Load Event However, you have to manually scroll a little to see a few of the previous records. It would be nice to see up to 5 of these previous lines on Opening the form Is there a way to modify this code to do that? Thanks Neil Change the form's underlying record source to a Top 5 query. In a query's design view, right click in a blank area, and choose properties. Set the Top Values to 5, then adjust your criteria and order by clause to ret...

Bug in Grid Lines in CListCtrl Report View
Hi, This thing is again annoying me! whenever I display the grid lines using LVS_EX_GRIDLINES , there are problems when scrolling the CListCtrl at once , the grid lines seem to loose their position and thus generating a blurred view or sometimes just disappear temporarily. Have anyone else faced the same thing ? Thanks >whenever I display the grid lines using LVS_EX_GRIDLINES , there are >problems when scrolling the CListCtrl at once , the grid lines seem to loose >their position and thus generating a blurred view or sometimes just disappear > temporarily...

Excel2002 suddenly taking 2 minutes just to open! Any thought?!
Excel 2002 Windows2000 Norton AV 2003 } (latest everthing) System c. 1.5 year old - Intel P4 1.7GHz, 512MB RAM Hi My Excel(2002) is suddenly taking over 2 minutes (!!) to open (without asking it to open a particular file). I am on Windows2000 and Norton AntiVirus 2003. I have tried re-booting. I have defragged and scanned the disk with the utilities that come with Windows2000. Both my hard disks have plenty space. Everything else is normal speed. What is weird is that it gets stuc...

Emails are automatically opening
When I select an email in outlook xp the emails are automatically opening the first highlighted email. Yes, ;) I have checked my settings in folder views - double click is selected, even if I reset it to single then back to double still no go. Also once I close a message, the next one automatically opens - just close not move or deletes. ...

Need to have more Columns available in advanced view
I know how to add columns in advanced view but i can't add all the columns I'd like to add. I can choose more fields (attributs) as search attributes than as result columns. Is there somewhere a switch to turn a field (attribute) into not only beeing searchable but selectable as a column in advanced search? Example: "Invoice Product": Is there a way to make an advanced search or view which delivers field (attributes) of "Invoice Product" as a result? Marko ...

can't open attachments in OE 6
I just installed OE 6 in Win 98, and it won't let me open attachments. What do I do to change this? --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.502 / Virus Database: 300 - Release Date: 7/18/03 hit forward, then save the attachment :) It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm ...