IE8 slow on initial load to connect and display home page.

Sometime in the past few weeks/months I've developed this issue.   I
don't use IE much so its not hard to understand me not seeing it for a
while, so I can't restore or use a backup, I've done too much.

I'm on Windows XP SP3 latest updates, and I've run my virus,
Malwarebytes, Super Anti-Spyware, all full scans.  Chkdsk too.

The system really does seems to work fine.    However I ran across a
hint on a forum about issues like this and they supplied a file called
deldomains.inf that you could load.   It basically deleted a few
registry entries and restored them as empty folders again, thus removing
any entries.     Below is the contents of the file.

The question I have is, if anyone can make better heads or tails, is why
does it work.   And yes, I've looked at these folders in regedit when I
am having the issue and there is nothing there.   So I'm removing empty
folders and putting them back as empty.    But the problem returns on
the 2nd run of IE.       I'm just baffled.   I've search and searched
for anywhere or anything that might be doing something to me.   I just
can't make heads or tails of it.    My hope is someone else might.

Thanks:  And here is the script:

; DelDomains.inf � 11-28-04 | Revised 01-15-06
; Created by: Mike Burgess  Microsoft MVP
; http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/
;
; Warning: Deletes all entries in the Restricted & Trusted Zone list
; http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/restricted.htm
;
; Revised to include the EscDomains key
;
; To execute this file: in Explorer - right-click (this file)
; Select Install from the Menu.
; Note: you will not see any onscreen action.

[version]
signature="$CHICAGO$"

[DefaultInstall]
DelReg=DelTemps
AddReg=AddTemps

[DelTemps]
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\ZoneMap\Domains"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\ZoneMap\Domains"
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges"
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains"

; Recreate the keys to avoid a restart

[AddTemps]
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\ZoneMap\Domains"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\ZoneMap\Domains"
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges"
HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges"
HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains"
0
Big_Al

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications running
in the background when you installed IE8 and/or SP3?

it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Big_Al wrote:
> Sometime in the past few weeks/months I've developed this issue.   I
> don't use IE much so its not hard to understand me not seeing it for a
> while, so I can't restore or use a backup, I've done too much.
>
> I'm on Windows XP SP3 latest updates, and I've run my virus,
> Malwarebytes, Super Anti-Spyware, all full scans.  Chkdsk too.
>
> The system really does seems to work fine.    However I ran across a
> hint on a forum about issues like this and they supplied a file called
> deldomains.inf that you could load.   It basically deleted a few
> registry entries and restored them as empty folders again, thus removing
> any entries.     Below is the contents of the file.
>
> The question I have is, if anyone can make better heads or tails, is why
> does it work.   And yes, I've looked at these folders in regedit when I
> am having the issue and there is nothing there.   So I'm removing empty
> folders and putting them back as empty.    But the problem returns on
> the 2nd run of IE.       I'm just baffled.   I've search and searched
> for anywhere or anything that might be doing something to me.   I just
> can't make heads or tails of it.    My hope is someone else might.
<SNIP>

0
PA
6/21/2010 8:43:05 PM
Please don't post dangerous advice to the newsgroups.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Big_Al wrote:
0
Leonard
6/21/2010 8:46:56 PM
Leonard Grey said this on 6/21/2010 4:46 PM:
> Please don't post dangerous advice to the newsgroups.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Big_Al wrote:

Sorry, did not mean it to be dangerous, it was meant to be informative
to the readers that this is what I am doing but its not solving my
problem.   I guess an unwritten advisement that its not a program to try
therefore.

0
Big_Al
6/21/2010 8:52:06 PM
Big_Al said this on 6/21/2010 4:37 PM:
> The question I have is, if anyone can make better heads or tails, is why
> does it work.   And yes, I've looked at these folders in regedit when I
> am having the issue and there is nothing there.   So I'm removing empty
> folders and putting them back as empty.    But the problem returns on
> the 2nd run of IE.       I'm just baffled.   I've search and searched
> for anywhere or anything that might be doing something to me.   I just
> can't make heads or tails of it.    My hope is someone else might.

The above should have been "why does it work, and then not work and what
can be done to make it or something else permanent?"      I think the
above was poorly written.   Sorry,  I'm looking for an answer and nobody
should take this as advice since its not working and I only did it in
desperation.
0
Big_Al
6/21/2010 8:56:22 PM
PA Bear [MS MVP] said this on 6/21/2010 4:43 PM:
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

> Explorer (No add-ons).

No change in behavior with no-addons.

> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to
> IE7 & IE8 in all OSS]

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings
I've reset and no change.  (other than I see the change in settings.)

> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is
> your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
> applications running in the background when you installed IE8 and/or SP3?

AVG without link scanner, and up to date.   Manually run Super Anti
Spyware and Malware Bytes as needed (weekly at worst).    Zone Alarm
free version.
No, IE8 was installed from the windows update months if not years after
SP3.   The system was loaded in April 2008 as a fresh install with SP3
slipstreamed and IE7.    I waited till about 4-5 months ago to upgrade
to IE8, no issues till recently.   As a matter of fact I thought it
might have been the KB update last Tuesday for that massive security
update and I took the effort to uninstall it to see if that was the
case.  No luck.  Its back in now.

> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on
> this machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?

No, my copy of XP MCE does not come with any add on software.    I'm
kinda lucky about that, I'm not sure why Dell did not supply me with a
CD with junk on it, but I'm glad.   I do have all that "addon sofware"
on a separate CD but I know its trialware and useless.

0
Big_Al
6/21/2010 9:25:09 PM
To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you quote all of the previous
message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup.  Thank you & good luck.

Big_Al wrote:
> PA Bear [MS MVP] said this on 6/21/2010 4:43 PM:
>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

>> Explorer (No add-ons).
>>
> No change in behavior with no-addons.
>
>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to
>> IE7 & IE8 in all OSS]

>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings
> I've reset and no change.  (other than I see the change in settings.)
>>

>> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is
>> your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
>> applications running in the background when you installed IE8 and/or SP3?
>>
> AVG without link scanner, and up to date.   Manually run Super Anti
> Spyware and Malware Bytes as needed (weekly at worst).    Zone Alarm
> free version.
> No, IE8 was installed from the windows update months if not years after
> SP3.   The system was loaded in April 2008 as a fresh install with SP3
> slipstreamed and IE7.    I waited till about 4-5 months ago to upgrade
> to IE8, no issues till recently.   As a matter of fact I thought it
> might have been the KB update last Tuesday for that massive security
> update and I took the effort to uninstall it to see if that was the
> case.  No luck.  Its back in now.
>

>> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on
>> this machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
>> bought it)?
>
> No, my copy of XP MCE does not come with any add on software.    I'm
> kinda lucky about that, I'm not sure why Dell did not supply me with a
> CD with junk on it, but I'm glad.   I do have all that "addon sofware"
> on a separate CD but I know its trialware and useless.

0
PA
6/21/2010 9:46:11 PM
Hi,
What's the homepage?
Does another homepage or a blank page load faster?
-
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Big_Al" <BigAl@name.invalid> wrote in message
> [...]
> Settings\ZoneMap\Domains"
> HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
> Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges"
> HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
> Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges"
> HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
> Settings\ZoneMap\EscDomains"
>
> ; Recreate the keys to avoid a restart
>
> [AddTemps]
> HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
> Settings\ZoneMap\Domains"
> HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
> Settings\ZoneMap\Domains"
> HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
> Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges"
> HKLM,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
> Settings\ZoneMap\Ranges"
> HKCU,"Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet

6/21/2010 10:14:13 PM
Don Varnau said this on 6/21/2010 6:14 PM:
> Hi,
> What's the homepage?
> Does another homepage or a blank page load faster?
> -
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>
> "Big_Al"<BigAl@name.invalid>  wrote in message
>> Sometime in the past few weeks/months I've developed this issue.   I
>> don't use IE much so its not hard to understand me not seeing it for a
>> while, so I can't restore or use a backup, I've done too much.
>>
>> I'm on Windows XP SP3 latest updates, and I've run my virus,
>> Malwarebytes, Super Anti-Spyware, all full scans.  Chkdsk too.
>>
>> The system really does seems to work fine.    However I ran across a
>> hint on a forum about issues like this and they supplied a file called
>> deldomains.inf that you could load.   It basically deleted a few
>> registry entries and restored them as empty folders again, thus removing
>> any entries.     Below is the contents of the file.
>>
>> The question I have is, if anyone can make better heads or tails, is why
>> does it work.   And yes, I've looked at these folders in regedit when I
>> am having the issue and there is nothing there.   So I'm removing empty
>> folders and putting them back as empty.    But the problem returns on
>> the 2nd run of IE.       I'm just baffled.   I've search and searched
>> for anywhere or anything that might be doing something to me.   I just
>> can't make heads or tails of it.    My hope is someone else might.
>>

>> Thanks:  And here is the script:
>>
>> ; DelDomains.inf � 11-28-04 | Revised 01-15-06
>> ; Created by: Mike Burgess  Microsoft MVP
>> ; http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/
>> ;
>> ; Warning: Deletes all entries in the Restricted&  Trusted Zone list
>> ; http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/restricted.htm
>> ;
>> ; Revised to include the EscDomains key
>> ;
>> ; To execute this file: in Explorer - right-click (this file)
>> ; Select Install from the Menu.
>> ; Note: you will not see any onscreen action.
>>
>> [version]
>> signature="$CHICAGO$"
>> <snip>

The home page or blank makes no change.   Being my personal home page I
think you can understand not giving it out.   I did try google and that
did no good either.
0
Big_Al
6/21/2010 10:33:32 PM
Tools>Internet Options, Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

It is usual to have your online mail providers and or your Bank web sites in
the Trusted Zone.

Regards.

> Don Varnau said this on 6/21/2010 6:14 PM:
>> Hi,
>> What's the homepage?
>> Does another homepage or a blank page load faster?
>> -
>> Don
>> [MS MVP- IE]
>>
>> "Big_Al"<BigAl@name.invalid>  wrote in message
>>> Sometime in the past few weeks/months I've developed this issue.   I
>>> don't use IE much so its not hard to understand me not seeing it for a
>>> while, so I can't restore or use a backup, I've done too much.
>>>
>>> I'm on Windows XP SP3 latest updates, and I've run my virus,
>>> Malwarebytes, Super Anti-Spyware, all full scans.  Chkdsk too.
>>>
>>> The system really does seems to work fine.    However I ran across a
>>> hint on a forum about issues like this and they supplied a file called
>>> deldomains.inf that you could load.   It basically deleted a few
>>> registry entries and restored them as empty folders again, thus removing
>>> any entries.     Below is the contents of the file.
>>>
>>> The question I have is, if anyone can make better heads or tails, is why
>>> does it work.   And yes, I've looked at these folders in regedit when I
>>> am having the issue and there is nothing there.   So I'm removing empty
>>> folders and putting them back as empty.    But the problem returns on
>>> the 2nd run of IE.       I'm just baffled.   I've search and searched
>>> for anywhere or anything that might be doing something to me.   I just
>>> can't make heads or tails of it.    My hope is someone else might.
>>>

>>> Thanks:  And here is the script:
>>>
>>> ; DelDomains.inf � 11-28-04 | Revised 01-15-06
>>> ; Created by: Mike Burgess  Microsoft MVP
>>> ; http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/
>>> ;
>>> ; Warning: Deletes all entries in the Restricted&  Trusted Zone list
>>> ; http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/restricted.htm
>>> ;
>>> ; Revised to include the EscDomains key
>>> ;
>>> ; To execute this file: in Explorer - right-click (this file)
>>> ; Select Install from the Menu.
>>> ; Note: you will not see any onscreen action.
>>>
>>> [version]
>>> signature="$CHICAGO$"
>>> <snip>
>>

> The home page or blank makes no change.   Being my personal home page I
> think you can understand not giving it out.   I did try google and that
> did no good either.

0
rob
6/21/2010 11:05:12 PM
rob^_^ said this on 6/21/2010 7:05 PM:
> Tools>Internet Options, Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"
>
> It is usual to have your online mail providers and or your Bank web
> sites in the Trusted Zone.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Big_Al" <BigAl@name.invalid> wrote in message
>> Don Varnau said this on 6/21/2010 6:14 PM:
>>> Hi,
>>> What's the homepage?
>>> Does another homepage or a blank page load faster?
>>> -
>>> Don
>>> [MS MVP- IE]
>>>
>>> "Big_Al"<BigAl@name.invalid> wrote in message

>> The home page or blank makes no change. Being my personal home page I
>> think you can understand not giving it out. I did try google and that
>> did no good either.

I just did that but I'm sure I've done it before.   No harm doing it
twice.

I've been playing with IE for 10 minutes now (or so) and it seems to be
working.    Your reset suggestion and the run with no add-ons were the
last two steps.   I'm not jumping for joy yet, I'm going to give it to
tomorrow but so far 8 to 10 restarts (of IE) and it opens okay each
time.

............Time will tell........!
0
Big_Al
6/22/2010 12:11:25 AM
Big_Al said this on 6/21/2010 8:11 PM:
> rob^_^ said this on 6/21/2010 7:05 PM:
>> Tools>Internet Options, Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"
>>
>> It is usual to have your online mail providers and or your Bank web
>> sites in the Trusted Zone.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "Big_Al" <BigAl@name.invalid> wrote in message

>>> The home page or blank makes no change. Being my personal home page I
>>> think you can understand not giving it out. I did try google and that
>>> did no good either.
>>>

> I just did that but I'm sure I've done it before. No harm doing it twice.
>
> I've been playing with IE for 10 minutes now (or so) and it seems to be
> working. Your reset suggestion and the run with no add-ons were the last
> two steps. I'm not jumping for joy yet, I'm going to give it to tomorrow
> but so far 8 to 10 restarts (of IE) and it opens okay each time.
>
> ...........Time will tell........!

Rats.... Spoke too soon.
0
Big_Al
6/22/2010 12:25:30 AM

news:O$lyIHZELHA.4316@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...> The home page or blank makes
no change.   Being my personal home page I
> think you can understand not giving it out.   I did try google and that
> did no good either.

If you have no sites in Restricted Sites or Trusted Sites, it makes no sense
that DelDomains.Inf would help. Resetting IE settings, BTW, also clears out
security zones.

Prevent AVG from loading at startup *just long enough* to see if the
situation improves with AVG disabled. Or uninstall AVG and give Microsoft
Security Essentials a try.
http://www.microsoft.com/security/products/mse.aspx

Try another malware scanner. Go to
http://www.microsoft.com/uk/athome/security/update/windows_live_safety_center.mspx
and run the Customized scan- Protection only- no tune up, no cleanup.
-
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

0
Don
6/22/2010 12:59:45 AM
Don Varnau wrote:
<snip>
> Prevent AVG from loading at startup *just long enough* to see if the
> situation improves with AVG disabled.

Or uninstall AVG & reboot, then do a fresh install of AVG: This time select
the CUSTOM install option and do NOT install (i.e., uncheck) Linkscanner,
Search-Shield, Active Surf-Shield, Security toolbar, or any of the email
scanning components.

   � Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your email

PA
6/22/2010 5:12:17 AM
PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:
> To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you quote all of the previous
> message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup.  Thank you & good luck.

When reading and replying to usenet newsgroup, it helps immensly if
you use software that is up to the job.  Then you can page back and
forth between messages easily and you don't need to bother others to
do the things the way you like (and others dislike).
0
Rob
6/22/2010 8:44:08 AM
"Rob" <nomail@example.com> wrote in message news:slrni20tuo.jel.nomail@xs8.xs4all.nl...
> PA Bear [MS MVP] <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:
>> To keep track of things, it helps immensely if you quote all of the previous
>> message(s) in your replies to the newsgroup.  Thank you & good luck.
>
> When reading and replying to usenet newsgroup, it helps immensly if
> you use software that is up to the job.  Then you can page back and
> forth between messages easily and you don't need to bother others to
> do the things the way you like (and others dislike).

And breaks most of the guidelines here
http://www.albion.com/netiquette/corerules.html
Number 4 in this case.

I don't mind people that don't follow these, just people that insist
that no one does.
0
Duane

!!HELP!!! Cannot connect to Exchange Server from a RDP, ICA session or server local machine
Please excuse the posting as I wasn't sure which group to post this in. I'm having issues using Outlook from a server desktop, an RDP or ICA connection. I have remote users who connect using Citrix. They logon to the Citrix server desktop (Windows 2003 Server) and use Outlook from there. They can also use Outlook from within Citrix as it is a Published Application. I know some of you are going to suggest why don't they use OWA but let's not get into that. I can log onto any workstation here in the office and connect to the Exchange server and open their Outlook. What I and they...

Connect/work offline/cancel message
In outlook 2003 connecting to SBS/Exchange 2003 server, get message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode you can connect, work offline, or cancel. This is only happening in a few computers on the network after implementing SBS 2003 with Outlook and Exchange 2003. ...

Force a page break in code
I need to force a page break in the Detail_OnFormat Event when a value changes. How do I do that? Thanks, Bill Bill wrote: > I need to force a page break in the Detail_OnFormat > Event when a value changes. How do I do that? > > Thanks, > Bill Insert a PageBreak control from the ToolBox bar at the desired location. Even though such a control is never "visible" other than in design view they do still have a Visible property. That property effectively turns on and off the PageBreak so you can minipulate that in your code. -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP...

Menu Page
I'd like to make a menu page with buttons to jump between spreadsheets of a workbook. I will turn off the tabs at the bottom in order to do this, but I'm looking for code for my menu buttons to flip to each spreadsheet. Also to return to the menu from a specific spreadsheet, I'd like to use a right click to jump back to the menu. Can someone help me with this. I'm used to programming in MS Access, so programming in MS Excel is a new venture for me. Thanks, PC How about an alternative... Create that index worksheet and put hyperlinks to A1 of each sheet. And then put a hyp...

Internet connection problem
Hi. I hope someone is able to cast some light on a problem. We have a home network (all computers running XP) some wired and some wireless. For about a month now we have intermittent connection problems in that any one computer (randomly) will not connect to internet. I think all of the computers have suffered from the problem. Rebooting the affected computer makes no difference but rebooting the router can sort it until the next time. Even my mobile phone occasionally cannot connect. In Firefox the message is just "server not found". Pinging an IP address results in a time...

Moving from Home & Student to Full version of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need Exchange support and therefore I am planning to buy the Full version of MS Office 2008 for Mac. I already purchased and installed (and have been using) MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. My questions are: 1. Should I uninstall the Home & Student edition before installing the Full version? (I assume so). 2. How do I make sure that the data I have already created in Office 2008 Home & Student edition will be available to me after installing the Full version? In particular, how do I make sure that ...

Detect page change in PropertySheet?
Hi, I have a property sheet that is the parent of several property pages. If the user clicks a tab to change to another page, is there a way I can detect this (and possibly prevent the change) in the PropertySheet dialog? Does windows/MFC send any kind of message to the PropertySheet dialog? I looked at all of the over-rides and WM_ message, but cannot see anything. Thanks! Not directly. You can catch that in the CPropertyPage and relay the message to the CPropertySheet. (I know you are asking, why doesn't the CPropertySheet get the notificatio first? who knows!) AliR. "...

View as web page in OWA
in OWA 2002, i remember there is a feature "View as web page" on the right side of the email. in OWA 2003, after open the received email, such feature no longer there. Anyway to enable this feature? ...

Display Report Header/Footer
Can somebody please give me the telephone number of the smartass MS VP who came up with the bright idea for the Ribbon so that I can call her and have her tell me how to display the Report Header & Footer in a report? Obviously, I must be an idiot because I can't figure out how to do it with this simplied, intuitive, help-ya out m***** fu***** ribbon. Oh stupid me, its under 'ARRANGE'. How idiotic of me to think that it'd under 'DESIGN' since I'm 'designing' a report as opposed to 'arrangeing' a report. "microsoft"...

Page break preview & blue line
I using Excel 2003 In page break preview I have always do some thing wrong I'm just pull the blue line by using mouse all page was destroyed It there any tips to return the blue line to the Default pages size setting As far as I know the 'default' print area is all the data, and once you have changed the print area and saved the file you can not get it to go back to the previous setting. If you have problems with this or any other proceedure do try to remember to save your file before you do the awkward bit and then you can go back to the saved copy it it does not work. ...

How do I print only odd pages in Publisher and then only even page
I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the pages over and printing only even pages. No option is given that I can find in the print window. Help! Sarah Wright wrote: > I am attempting duplex printing with a printer that is unable to do > duplex printing by printing odd pages first and then flipping the > pages over and printing only even pages. > > No option is given that I can find in the print window. > > Help! The duplex printing add-in can be found here (http://publisherm...

M2004 Won't Save Customized Toolbars / Home Page
Unable to find anything in archives or the UFAQ on this... My Money 2004 file recently stopped saving customized toolbars / home page. Any changes I make don't "stick". I've used super salvage, which supposedly found and corrected some errors, but the problem persists. Any ideas? Thanks. Try this (and it is in the UFAQ under a less specific topic at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=153). Stop Money Express. Change your toolbar stuff. Exit Money. Restart Money. Restart Money Express. "Sock" <sock@wideopenwest.com> wrote in message news:8205f05b.04101407...

Add a blank page separator
How do I add a blank page automatically as a separator after every 15 pages when printing a document of 250 pages? Use a macro containing the following code to print the document: Dim i As Long Dim blank As Document For i = 1 To 240 Step 15 ActiveDocument.PrintOut Range:=wdPrintFromTo, From:=i, To:=i + 15 Set blank = Documents.Add With blank .PrintOut .Close wdDoNotSaveChanges End With Next i -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services on a paid professio...

3rd party server for connection okay?
We had a network guy come in and try to configure our network - 3 stores and HQ in seperate locations. Because of our router and dsl configuration, vpn would not work. He set up an outside ip address (dnsdyn.org) in order to have the stores and HQ talk. Still not working! ARGH!!!!!!! In the store it shows a connection but then states invalid store id. The store id is correct. In the HQ client the address is the ip address of the outside source and the port? Anyone know why this isn't working and have any suggestions???? Thank you! Are you sure the Store ID is correct? Does the messa...

Fueling your car with natural gas from home
Dear Everyone, as you know the price of the Oil is more and more increasing, while the oil supply is decreasing. Moreover Oil is causing wars, terror, oil spills, a lot of greenhouse gases. Do you know that there is plenty of natural gas ? The supply will last for many decades, probably for hundred years. A lot of methane (natural gas) is found as shale gas, a lot more will come from methane hidrates. Natural gas is causing much less greenhouse gases and since it is found locally, it will not cause any wars or terror. It will create jobs in your own country and not in the middle east...

an attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format
Hello, This is the error I get on Windows 7. I tried going to the project screen in vb.net Studio 2008, and changing the target cpu to x64. This did not work. Do I have to build the program on Windows 7? I'm sure this must be a common problem for programs going to Windows 7. Thanks for any help. Scott On May 22, 2:17=A0am, "Scott Baxter" <sc...@websearchstore.com> wrote: > Hello, > > This is the error I get on Windows 7. > > I tried going to the project screen in vb.net Studio 2008, and changing t= he > target cpu to x64....

OWA Premium Client Not Displaying Correctly
Hello, I wonder whether anyone has seen this problem before because i would really appreciate any help on this one please. I have six Exchange 2003 servers in my organisation and there are two Exchange servers in three sites. Four of the Exchange servers are running Windows Server 2003 and Exchange Server 2003 [With Exchange SP1]. The front-end server is running Windows Server 2003 SP1 and Exchange Server 2003 SP2. Users with mailboxes on those four Back-End Exchange servers do not have any problems using OWA. The two Exchange servers on my site are using Windows Server 2003 SP1 with Exc...

Winmail takes 4 minutes to load at boot time
Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes to load Win mail. I used the "event Viewer" to see what was happening. It showed ESENT with ID 102--start Win mail, then the next event is ESENT ID 103 4 minutes later--terminate Win mail. Anyone have a clue why it is taking Win mail so long to load? Win mail works fine after computer loads. Fred Dwight Fred wrote: > Running Windows Vista Home Premium on Lenovo Laptop 2 gig mem. After > logging in after rebooting, it takes 4 minutes ...

Can't connect to Exchange server after VPN access
I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN) but I cannot connect outside with Outlook. I can only use the webmail after entering a web VPN access: - First portal for VPN : https://xxx.yyy.com --> I enter my user_VPN/password_VPN - On the next web page, I have the choice for the webmail and it's a link as https://xxx.yyy.com/go/webmail.yyy.com~ssl where I can enter my user_mail/password_mail So I can't enter the url in RPC as every slash is forbidden In my Outlook, the Exchange server (EXC.yyy.com) is not reachable by ping (or tracert) and I can't ...

How do I set up mixed page orientations in Publisher 2003?
I'm trying to create a duplex publication where one side is in portrait and the reverse is in landscape. I've tried looking in the halp and through all the menus but it seems that I can only have one or the other. Can anybody help? Publisher (any version) does not support this. The workaround most frequently offered is to design your landscape page, group the all the objects, then rotate 90 degrees. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "T. Mitchell"...

Add data to cell w/o loosing initial data
I would like to know if there is a way to add data to data without retyping. For example I have a colum of 18015555555 and I want to add [rfax:(cell #)@/fn=(phone number)] So I would like to add the brackets - copy from a cell - @/fn= and not loose the data already in the spread sheet. Example 2. Add [rfax:company name@fn/=(saved data here) then close bracket. So I want to add data to cells without loosing the data already in the cells. I have about 600 of them to do and I really don't want to do each one by hand. Please let me know if anyone knows how to accomplish this. Tha...

Saving as web page
When publishing spreadsheets as web pages I would like to set the page to fit within a full screen view. I have some that fit and some that don't and I've worked with the formats in Excel to fit everything within the screen on all of them, but that doesn't seem to help. Can I set the format to do this? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Jeff ...