IE8 Print->Print->Page Setup doesn't open dialog

I am on Windows 7 x64 with IE8 (32-bit). When I try to open the page setup
dialog it does nothing. Ok, well it does the blue ring for a second or two
then no dialog. I tried lots of things including rebooting and still no
dialog. It works on IE8 (64-bit) just not IE8 (32-bit).

Extra info:
Yes, I looked around for dialog on other screen, under other windows, under
my desk, etc. :-)
The print preview works (except for the page setup button on it).
The print works and it does print.
IE8 Version: 8.0.7600.16385 Update Versions: 0
Win 7 Ultimate
I ran win update and found 1 IE8 security patch (kb978207) that I installed
but haven't rebooted yet. (I don't expect this to fix it; if it does I will
post a reply)
I tried opening dialog with several different urls including *.microsoft.com
site.
I tried with only 1 browser window and only 1 tab open right after rebooting.

If someone else knows how to fix this or just has some idieas please reply.
If anyone needs more info just let me know.

BTW: I did use the IE8 (64-bit) to adjust the page and then printed what I
needed.

Thanks,
SLDR
(Stephen L. De Rudder)

When I try to print from Internet Explorer nothing prints and the Print
Preview page is blank:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/60fa191c-f687-4fdb-878f-2d9aff771acb

Why wasn't KB978207 installed a week ago?  Have you installed KB972270?

Stephen L. De Rudder wrote:
> I am on Windows 7 x64 with IE8 (32-bit). When I try to open the page setup
> dialog it does nothing. Ok, well it does the blue ring for a second or two
> then no dialog. I tried lots of things including rebooting and still no
> dialog. It works on IE8 (64-bit) just not IE8 (32-bit).
>
> Extra info:
> Yes, I looked around for dialog on other screen, under other windows,
> under
> my desk, etc. :-)
> The print preview works (except for the page setup button on it).
> The print works and it does print.
> IE8 Version: 8.0.7600.16385 Update Versions: 0
> Win 7 Ultimate
> I ran win update and found 1 IE8 security patch (kb978207) that I
> installed
> but haven't rebooted yet. (I don't expect this to fix it; if it does I
> will
> post a reply)
> I tried opening dialog with several different urls including
> *.microsoft.com
> site.
> I tried with only 1 browser window and only 1 tab open right after
> rebooting.
>
> If someone else knows how to fix this or just has some idieas please
> reply.
> If anyone needs more info just let me know.
>
> BTW: I did use the IE8 (64-bit) to adjust the page and then printed what I
> needed.
>
> Thanks,
> SLDR
> (Stephen L. De Rudder)

0
PA
1/28/2010 7:04:49 AM
"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> When I try to print from Internet Explorer nothing prints and the Print
> Preview page is blank:
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/60fa191c-f687-4fdb-878f-2d9aff771acb

I could print and print preview before; but I went throu the steps anyway. I
still don't get the page setup dialog.

> Why wasn't KB978207 installed a week ago?

I am lazy. I don't have windows update setup to do it all automatically (and
that is not going to changing). :-)

> Have you installed KB972270?

Yes, KB972270 was already installed.

Thank you for taking the time to help. If you have any other ideas for me to
try let me know.

Sincerely,
SLDR
(Stephen L. De Rudder)

> Stephen L. De Rudder wrote:
> > I am on Windows 7 x64 with IE8 (32-bit). When I try to open the page setup
> > dialog it does nothing. Ok, well it does the blue ring for a second or two
> > then no dialog. I tried lots of things including rebooting and still no
> > dialog. It works on IE8 (64-bit) just not IE8 (32-bit).
> >
> > Extra info:
> > Yes, I looked around for dialog on other screen, under other windows,
> > under
> > my desk, etc. :-)
> > The print preview works (except for the page setup button on it).
> > The print works and it does print.
> > IE8 Version: 8.0.7600.16385 Update Versions: 0
> > Win 7 Ultimate
> > I ran win update and found 1 IE8 security patch (kb978207) that I
> > installed
> > but haven't rebooted yet. (I don't expect this to fix it; if it does I
> > will
> > post a reply)
> > I tried opening dialog with several different urls including
> > *.microsoft.com
> > site.
> > I tried with only 1 browser window and only 1 tab open right after
> > rebooting.
> >
> > If someone else knows how to fix this or just has some idieas please
> > reply.
> > If anyone needs more info just let me know.
> >
> > BTW: I did use the IE8 (64-bit) to adjust the page and then printed what I
> > needed.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > SLDR
> > (Stephen L. De Rudder)
>
> .

Well, there were quite a few suggestions & recommendations in that thread:
Which of them did you try?

Did you see the reference to & read this related thread? =>
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/920588e5-ccc4-4e24-83d6-606d5e3b1c70

Did the behavior persist after starting IE8 32-bit in No Add-ons mode?
....after doing a Reset?

In your last reply you at least intimate that this is sudden, new behavior
("I could print and print preview before")?  Is that correct?  If so, what
changes did you make to your system just before the problem started?

Have you now installed KB978207 and/or does the behavior persist after doing
so?

Did you upgrade to Win7 64-bit or is it a brand-new computer?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Stephen L. De Rudder wrote:

>> When I try to print from Internet Explorer nothing prints and the Print
>> Preview page is blank:
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/60fa191c-f687-4fdb-878f-2d9aff771acb
>
> I could print and print preview before; but I went throu the steps anyway.
> still don't get the page setup dialog.
>
>> Why wasn't KB978207 installed a week ago?
>
> I am lazy. I don't have windows update setup to do it all automatically
> (and
> that is not going to changing). :-)
>
>> Have you installed KB972270?
>
> Yes, KB972270 was already installed.
>
> Thank you for taking the time to help. If you have any other ideas for me
> try let me know.
>
>> Stephen L. De Rudder wrote:
>>> I am on Windows 7 x64 with IE8 (32-bit). When I try to open the page
>>> setup
>>> dialog it does nothing. Ok, well it does the blue ring for a second or
>>> two
>>> then no dialog. I tried lots of things including rebooting and still no
>>> dialog. It works on IE8 (64-bit) just not IE8 (32-bit).
>>>
>>> Extra info:
>>> Yes, I looked around for dialog on other screen, under other windows,
>>> under
>>> my desk, etc. :-)
>>> The print preview works (except for the page setup button on it).
>>> The print works and it does print.
>>> IE8 Version: 8.0.7600.16385 Update Versions: 0
>>> Win 7 Ultimate
>>> I ran win update and found 1 IE8 security patch (kb978207) that I
>>> installed
>>> but haven't rebooted yet. (I don't expect this to fix it; if it does I
>>> will
>>> post a reply)
>>> I tried opening dialog with several different urls including
>>> *.microsoft.com
>>> site.
>>> I tried with only 1 browser window and only 1 tab open right after
>>> rebooting.
>>>
>>> If someone else knows how to fix this or just has some idieas please
>>> reply.
>>> If anyone needs more info just let me know.
>>>
>>> BTW: I did use the IE8 (64-bit) to adjust the page and then printed what
>>> needed.

0
PA

multiple flyers per page?

open two different Access reports

printing 2 charts on single page

opening .pst archives

Excel Opens Without Displaying Workbook

opening a .docx with word 2004

printing multiple copies of Sigel GmbH

printing imported gif files in Excel

Effectively stoping open relay.
I have a client who started using exchange 2003 few days back. This client is having more than 12 subnets starting from 172.27.50.0, 172.16.0.0 to 172.27.0.0 and 10.172.172.0 & 10.172.173.0 subnets in different location in town which are conneted by DSL. This users are connecting to the Exchange server 172.16.5.25. Most of these users are POP3 users. I have 2 SMTP Virtual Server running. Default SMTP Virtual server 172.16.5.25 and the second for Externel. In the Mail connector I have added only the external as the local bridgehead server. In the relay properties of the internal I...

TSP100 printer and print width
Hi all, After pull my hair out for a half of day, I just find out that TSP100 printer driver reports its print width incorrectly when we use GetDeviceCaps to retrieve print width. Call GetDeviceCaps with PHYSICALWIDTH will report 1725 that is roughtly equal to 8.5 inches corresponding to 203ppi that LOGPIXELSX reported. Just let you all know This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0048_01C92EF4.F767C240 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable After you installed the printer, did you change the p...

Printing in reverse order
When I try to print from excel and want the apges to print in reverse order (i.e first page of document printed last) even if I select this feature from the print setup exel still prints the first page first!! Is there a fix available?? I use Office XP (2002) and HP printers Thank you Printing options available in Excel are limited by the available connected printer(s). Any issues with printing are generally associated to the printer and drivers installed, not with Excel itself. Verify your printer actually supports reverse printing and that you have the latest drivers installed for ...

Can not open PDFs
I'm using Outlook Express,when I receive e-mail with pdf attachments I can not open or save the PDF files I can see that the file is there but nothing happen. thanks Cesar Open the message in question. Is there a informational bar across the top that states Outlook Express blocked access to the file? If yes, select Tool > Options > Security tab and uncheck the second box from the top concerning attachments. "Cesar Calderon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:29c4e01c465ca$a76ec470$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook Express,...

Printing contacts finally partially repaired
Two printing problems with Outlook 2007, the first solved, the second still not solved. First: So, finally, I don't know when, Outlook was repaired such that one could print out individual contacts as detailed address cards. This was broken for quite some time. Anyway, now those of us who choose to print out copies of address books are once again rewarded with this possibility. BUT..there is always a but, Outlook does not yet completely properly format the printing for all of the book and booklet possibilities which the software presents, especially for doing double...