IE8 on XP SP3

Help,

All of a sudden I've lost my IE8 toolbar, favorites, etc. (Tried Alt+f, &
Alt t to do a reset...won't do it). Can't download ANYTHING now from MS or
any other site....which means I can't install safari or any thing from
another manufacturer, if  can manuver from site to site on IE 8 but still
can't download any thing from their sites. I have alternatively trid to turn
of MS firewall and/or Norton's firewall thinking that the setting were
getting the way..no luck.
Can't uninstall IE8 can't adjust it or repair it.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!!
--
Doug C.

Hi,

Full Screen Mode? Hit the F11 key.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"CampbellDC" <dougcampbell@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Help,
>
> All of a sudden I've lost my IE8 toolbar, favorites, etc. (Tried Alt+f, &
> Alt t to do a reset...won't do it). Can't download ANYTHING now from MS or
> any other site....which means I can't install safari or any thing from
> another manufacturer, if  can manuver from site to site on IE 8 but still
> can't download any thing from their sites. I have alternatively trid to
turn
> of MS firewall and/or Norton's firewall thinking that the setting were
> getting the way..no luck.
> Can't uninstall IE8 can't adjust it or repair it.
>
> Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!!
>
> Doug C.

0
Don

Macro Crashes Excel XP
I wrote a VBA Macro in Excel XP, ran it, everything was fine. Now when I open the spreadsheet, before the spreadsheet actually opens, Excel crashes. When Excel recovers the document, it removes the macro. What (if anything) can I do? If I could get my hands on the code, maybe I could change something around to prevent Excel crashing. Disabling the macro prior to the spreadsheet opening doesn't help Jeez! There's a fair bit of work (and data) in that macro and I'd like to at least recover the code. Thanks for any help you can give me. Perry. a few people have reported suc...

Microsoft XP and 2003 version
Hi, I want to know the main differences between the two version. I think the XP are more popular and not the other way round. Can anybody tell me why?? Thanks.. --J Hi not many differences. See: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/xl2003.htm "h974483@graduate.hku.hk" wrote: > Hi, > > I want to know the main differences between the two version. I think > the XP are more popular and not the other way round. Can anybody tell > me why?? > > Thanks.. > --J > > Saying that XP is more popular may be a bit misleading. If XP has a larger install base, it is b...

new mail notification in XP
I am using Outlook XP, and when new mail comes in, it pops up that little box on the bottom right of my screen. I would prefer that it pops up a message box and asks if I want to read the message, like it did in the previous version of outlook. Is there any way for me to have Outlook XP do that, or did microsoft remove that feature? The reason I like it better is that I step away from my desk a lot, and I am used to seeing the message box on my screen to indicate that I have new mail. in XP, that box goes away, and when I come back, I don't wind up realizing i have new mail until a few ho...

winXP SP3 doesn't see sata ii hdd
I had a similar problem a week ago in that the ...\DEFAULT file was corrupted. It was fixed and all was well. This time there is no indication of the problem except that it doesn't recognize the SATA II 500 GB WD hdd. The HDD is fixed with a controller card that has Sil Graphics drivers for it. The mobo is ASUS A7V8X which is 6-weeks newly installed (I had it sitting in it's shipping box since 2003). The WinXP install CD has the drivers integrated into it and it has worked well previously. The BIOS recognizes the HDD. Fortunately, there is a second 40 GB IDE HDD ...

OE6 XP Password Problem...
Every first time I send an email my ISP (server) is asking for its password (which I enter and then all is fine). The problem is I don't want to (shouldn't have to) enter it every time. There is an option to remember the password on the window they pop up but it is protected. On TOOLS/ACCOUNTS/MAIL/SERVER/PROPERTIES I have made sure the "remeber my password" option is checked. On TOOLS/ACCOUNTS/MAIL/GENERAL I have made sure my email address is typed correctly. Any ideas how to get it to stop asking for my password? Thank you very much, Jeff. JFF KRWD <jkerwood1@...

Export From OE to O 2002 (XP)....???
Hello, I am trying to take a bunch of messages, folders, contacts, etc. from an old computer which is running Outlook Express (98 O.S.) and put them into a new computer which is running Outlook XP (XP O.S.). I thought I knew my way around Outlook good enough to do this quickly, but I got a little lost in Outlook Express, as I am not used to working with this old version. I know I need to do something with the .PST file, but am not sure what... Also, I assume I need to export all the old data to some sort of file, and insert on the new computer, but I could only find a few options on ...

Outlook XP update to 2k3 syncronization question
I am on a corporate server. I recently updated to Office 2003. When I had Office XP I had a Offline folder .ost that syncronized only my inbox with the server. This offline folder was kept up to date automatically in XP but after upgrading (after the migration) the folder will not syncronize when I select Send / Recieve and/or Send All. It will Syncronize when I select "this folder" but will not syncronize any other time. Cached Exchange Server option is not checked. Is there a big differance between the cached exchange option and syncronizing offline folders .ost between XP and ...

Please help!! I cannot change the Date and Time of my laptop (XP)
As soon as I double click on the time displayed on the right corner (or right click "adjust date and time") the small date time windows pops up for a fraction of a second, and then closes itself. Same is with the task manager!! :( Please Help As Soon As Possible. Thanks -- Kabiraaa ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Kabiraaa's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/230270.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/windows-xp-support/1344853.htm http://forums.techarena.in On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 02:08:31 -0500, Ka...

Outlook XP will not open second user account
My Outlook XP will not allow my second user to send or receive e-mail. Whenever my second user open Outlook we get an error, "an error occurred while opening pc config. Can't open file: Extend.dat." Delete or rename the file and try again. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: MOQ <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | My Outlook XP will not allow my second user to send or | receive e-mail. Whenever my second user open Outlook we | get an error, ...

Outlook Express -- lost emails in inbox when upgrading to XP
I upgraded to XP from windows 98 this morning and everything went well except all the emails that were in my inbox (and my sent and deleted emails for that matter) weren't there when I opened up Express after the update. It is my inbox however, as I sent a test email to and from the new inbox and it works perfectly. In addition, all my contacts transferred over properly after the update. I simply lost my emails. Does anyone know how to retrieve them? Thanks, Scott (please respond to my email address if you can -- scotteckel@yahoo.com) see tomsterdam.com for instructions on h...

Installation of IE8 on XP with SP2 hangs
The installion of IE8 hangs during command mrt.exe Version (3.7.3702.0 - May 2010) in Phase 5 of the installation. When I start the Malicious Software Removal Tool manually, the scan hangs scanning an unsuspicious application (stickies.exe). After deleting the application the next scan hangs at %windir%\system32\shell32.dll. I did an offline anti-virus check wih BitDefender and Kapersky software, booting from a special CD-Rom with no malware found. We are using McAfee Enterprise Verion 8.5i for online anti-virus security. I really appreicate any help on our issue Wolfgang ...

Windows Live Mail on XP ...........................................
I would like to know if there is a way to transfer my contacts from Vista Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail in Windows XP Home? If you haven't used the Groups feature or don't care about it, you can simply export your contacts from Windows Mail using the CSV format, than import that file into the contacts for Windows Live Mail. The CSV format does not preserve the Group assignments in your contacts. Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "Steven E. Franklin" wrote in message news:#V1$jkvHLHA.1868@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... I would like to know if there is a way t...

Favourites Behaviour changed in IE8?
I installed IE 8 (on a WinXP Pro SP3 system) about a month ago. I'm still waiting for the favourites menu to go to the "only most used favourites visible" (terminology ??) mode. Is this not an option in IE8? I really liked this feature in IE7. I have a LOT of favourites, and it's a real annoyance to have to scroll through so many each time. If this option is not available in IE8, do you have any tips for uninstalling IE8 and reinstalling version 7 (or can someone point me to where I can find that info)?. Thanks, Lorraine I believe the feature...

Can't find Report Manager in XP
Can anyone tell me if the Report Manager function under the VIEW command has been dropped. I used it when I had NT but it seems to have disappeared from the selection under the VIEW command. tools>addins>report manager -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Ant" <Ant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2957D17-9E98-4AD3-9A20-285D274E93C2@microsoft.com... > Can anyone tell me if the Report Manager function under the VIEW command has > been dropped. I used it when I had NT but it seems to have disappeared from > the selection under t...

Need Yearly 2010 Calendar for Office XP 2002, in Word or Excel
I'm looking for a Yearly 2010 Excell workbook or Office document, that I can add entries in every month and then print them. Can anyone help me? Angi it is not clear exactly what you want. Have you considered the Calendar in Outlook? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "AbsolutelyAngi" <AbsolutelyAngi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DC08625-ECA3-4F26-9DA8-31BC9145F4DB@mi...

Re: MS Outlook XP (2002) Message Rules Problem(s)
frustrating problem. been tackling it for days. problem: when i create a rule, or more than one, to autorespond with a specifi template (regardless of whether the rules does other things or not, i it contains an autoresponse, this problem occurs) the FIRST incomin email that matches the criteria gets a response and NO others. why this is a problem: IF, for example, i had a autoR setup to send a pic of my God daughte to everyone that messages with the subject line: send me a pic of her ONLY the first person to send an email will get their email. also, IF i had another one setup w/ the cri...

CopyFileEx and Windows XP Service Pack 2
Hi there, I am having a little bother with the CopyFileEx function under Windows XP Service Pack 2. Before upgrading to SP2 this function worked fine. Since the upgrade i am getting Error 53 (which is BAD_NETWORK_PATH). Any ideas as to why this would be? I have attached my code sample which works under all versiong prior to XP SP2. Thanks Kev Moore :CODE SNIPET: if (ProgressAvailable()) { if (CopyFileEx(sourcefile, destfilename, ProgressCallback, NULL, NULL, COPY_FILE_FAIL_IF_EXISTS) == 0) { DWORD err = GetLastError(); ::PostMessage(hPostWnd, WM_COPYCOM...

Moving multiple profiles from outlook 2000 on win98 to outlook 2002 on XP pro machines
We are in the process of upgrading our computers from win98 with outlook 2000 to XP pro with outlook 2002. We are changing out all of the workstation hardware. I have all of the workstations set up with outlook 2000 with as many as 20 profiles, for different users, on each machine. All of the profiles are pop3 accounts, and the .pst files are located on a central file server (not on the workstations). Is there a way to export the user profiles and import them onto the new machines. When the original accounts were set up the users changed thier passwords, so I would have to hunt down and si...

Hotmail account access through outlook 2007 on windows XP
Hi , i created a free hotmail account.I have installed outlook 2007.can you please let me know how to configure my outlook2007 for hotmail? aravind wrote: > i created a free hotmail account.I have installed outlook 2007.can you > please let me know how to configure my outlook2007 for hotmail? If you just created the hotmail account (within the past 4+ years, I forget when the grandfather clause kicks in), then you can't unless you pay for a premium account. -- f.h. So if i pay 20$ per year,do i get access to my email account through outlook "F.H. Muffman" wrote...

Outlook XP support for MS Mail?
Hi, I am using Outlook 2000 (which I bought as part of Office 2000). I use it in corporate/workgroup mode because I use Microsoft Mail for intra-office email. I use this because not all of the PC's on my LAN have an internet connection. I would like to upgrade to Office XP, but I am afraid that the newer version of Outlook will not support MS Mail. Can anyone tell me if this is true. If so, is there an alternative? Thank you, Paul Yep you can, although unsupported by Microsoft; http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/msmail_xp.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outl...

multiple email accounts with outlook xp
Because of all the spam i get, i've decided to create an additional email account through my isp (they give me up to 5 email accounts). I don't really want to remove the old email address from my outlook email accounts right away as i will still continue to get some email that i need. The problem is email for both accounts just goes to the "inbox" and i can't easily distinguish between old stuff and new stuff like i wanted. I also use outlook for my hotmail account and was hoping that it would create another "section" in outlook for the new account. In other...

When booting up my PC the XP banner screen comes up and hangs there.
I posted the msg below on Feb 2 snd. I thank you for your replies. What I want to further explain my problem is after investigating it, is that this only happened/s when I go into Windows update and download/install the 9 critical updates. After restarting as it says to do that's when the PC hangs. To get my PC up I had to put my previous backup on and then I was able to use my PC again. Do any of you have a solution to this? I was thinking of trying to narrow it down by installing the first 3 updates, restarting to see if it happens and if there is no problem trying the next 3 et...

XP won't start up
When I started up windows XP Pro this morning, the display came up bank (dark blue, not THE blue, but nothing at all on the screen). I forced a shutdown and attempted to start up in safe mode - it threw THE blue screen with a message that referred to stopping to avoid damage to my system with the message IRQL_not_less_than and the message STPO: 0x0000000A (0x91D43770, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804 e6651) - and then restarts with the same result over and over. I took detached all hardware, connected the desktop to another monitor, keyboard, and mouse - and turned off the on boa...

Smart List Builder issue with SP3 install
I ran into an issue with SLB when installing SP3 on GP10. WHen running GPUtilities it would start the update and fail with an update on DU000010. I basically had to remove any reference to SLB in the .set files in order to finish the SP3 install. I've tried doing add/remove on SLB, but that didn't fix it either. The following is the tail of the duinstall.log: Component Start : 2/1/2009 at 6:03:23 PM -- Starting Company : DYNAMICS Message encountered ON 2/1/2009 at 6:03:23 PM. Message: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics\GP\SQL\3830\Upgrade.dll,UPGRADE_10_0_67_SYSTEM\DE...

outlook XP sends multiple instances of message
My customer is about to have a conniption fit regarding this issue... and i'm upset since i can't resolve it. here goes. when the customer sends a message in outlook, it sends the message to the outbox, and then attempts to send it through the SMTP server. Outlook returns with an error saying it could not contact the SMTP server and was unable to send the message. normally i would think nothing of this and have the user try to send again. however, the message actually DOES get sent. therefore, all outgoing emails build up in the outbox and every time there's an error, it attempts...