IE8 Hangs When Opening Content in New Tab

Running XP Home SP3

This just started happening. When I'm on a web site and I click on a
hyperlink which is supposed to then open a link on a new tab, the new tab
opens but it says it's connecting but nothing happens. The program then
freezes and stops responding. I have to forcefully close the browser.
Previously when I visited these sites all went well. So something has
happened in the last few days. I've done nothing to change the IE settings
nor have I added new software. The Not Responding window has the following
data in it:

Error signature:
Appl name: iexplore.exe
App ver.: 8.0.6001.18702
Modname: hungapp
Mod ver: 0.0.0.0.
Offset: 00000000

Tech Info:
c:docume~ 1\ken\local\temp\WER621a.dir00\iexplore.exe.mdmp
"      "                "                   "                  "
\appcompat.txt

I would appreciate any help on resolving this issue, however I would prefer
not to reset all settings to default as I made no changes to settings either
before or after this problem started. All worked well at these sites as far
back as a few days ago. Thanks.

--
"We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give."
- Sir Winston Churchill

---
Virus Database (VPS): 091218-1, 12/18/2009
Tested on: 12/18/2009 5:11:12 PM

KIR

Open with list
I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed the "open with" list did not have iTunes. No big deal, I could select iTunes from my Applications, but why is it not on that list - and how can I add it to that list? Registering programs with the "Open With" dialog: http://windowsxp.mvps.org/openwithadd.htm ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 10:43:59 -0600, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, Howard Brazee <howard@brazee.net> wrote: >I clicked on an .MP4 file, and noticed th...

new mail not showing in Inbox in O2002
Hi. I find that emails do not show in my Inbox until I go to the Calendar, or other 'space' in Outlook. As soon as I leave the Inbox, I get the signal that new email has arrived and sure enuf when I go back to the Inbox, there are the emails. This has happened repeatedly. I'm sure that my being in the Inbox is the problem. Anyone have a fix? Thanks, Rob I have same problem plus no sound when they do arrive? Same with you? Are you web base mail? >-----Original Message----- >I have the exact same problem and it seems to be very >consistent. If you find any t...

Adding variables to a static text control (displaying contents of array)
Hello, I was wondering if the following was possible ? I have a static text control in a dialog application. I also have an array which contains about 5 items. I would like the text control to display the contents of this array and then have a button which would move to next position into the array and thus the static text control would display something different ? How could achieve this? I'm using Visual Studio 6.0 and I'm quite new to MFC Many Thanks. >I have a static text control in a dialog application. I also have an >array which contains about 5 items. I would lik...

Outlook 2003 New Install Config Issues.
Hi, I've just had my PC reimaged and Outlook 2003 reinstalled. My PST file has been imported and my mail is where it sholud me. Problems is the veiws had changed from what i had before. For example, all folders now have gridlines between emails. I know how to remove these in customise view but is it possible to change the veiw for all folders at once or do i need to do each folder individually? Cheers, D "moox7" <moox7@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:28b14a58-eee6-46c2-ad29-909e710ed2dd@r37g2000prr.googlegroups.com... > For example, all folders now have gridli...

New to RMS: Having trouble setting up 2nd terminal.....HELP
We have an existing customer who has 1 server and 1 POS terminal. I have recently installed a 2nd terminal and am trying to match the settings and templates of the register 1 to the new register 2. The problem is with the on-screen keyboard. I've chosen the option to use the touchscreen keyboard in manager for register 2 and picked the template for the pre-configured keyboard layout; however, register 2 just refuses to display the template like register 1 does. I know ive got to be missing something. By the way, i forgot to mention that yes, i have enabled the touchscreen keyboard ...

Macro to open non-Visio document on double-click
When I double-click an object in my flowchart I would like to open up a Word document or an Excel Document, but I can't see that there is an easy way to do this. Looking under the Double-Click behavior of a shape I see that I can assign a macro to run upon double-click, but I don't know how to create a new one. Can I create a macro or Visual Basic script in the Standard version of Vision that I have which would perform the "Open Document" task that I need done? visio's integration with M$ office is a common desire. there are a couple of good examples on how to ...

Copying content of Email
Hi, I need to copy and paste the contence of an email to a text file (the email is 8701kb) but I get a message on the bottom of the OE page that i`m trying to copy saying "searching message for hyperlinks" and it takes ages before I can paste it. How can I turn this off Can't you just save the e-mail as a txt file? File | Save As. Change the file type from eml to txt at the bottom. You can then open and edit the txt file. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "kim" <xxxxx@xxxxxxxx.com> wrote in mes...

Protected Worksheet Tab Order
I have a protected worksheet in Excel. After I protected the sheet I selected a range of cells that users could edit. When the sheet is protected the tab order for the range of cells that the user could edit will not work, I can nagivate using the arrows but not by tabbing. Does anyone know how to set the tab order on a protected worksheet? You must select the range of editable cells BEFORE you protect the sheet. Format these cells to "unlocked" then protect the sheet. Tab order will be left to right then down, left to right. If you have some other Tab order you wi...

Reintstalling Office 03 on a new machine, Excel does not appear
Hi, Had to put a new hard drive in my notebook, and reinstall XP home and all my software. Reinstalled Office from original disks, and most of it works. Word is fine. However Excel does not appear in Start/All Programs or anywhere else. Tried three times. What's up? Mike Try Start>Run excel.exe Anything? When you re-installed was it a "typical" or a "custom"? Start>Settings>Control Panel>Add/remove programs. Scroll down to Office 2003 and change/remove. Select change. Follow your nose from there and you can see if Excel has been installed. Hav...

new excell will not read old excell file
I have just installed office home and student into a new computer but when try to run one of my existing file it tells me it is corrupt. It runs fine in the old computer. please help What versions of Excel are involved? XL2007 can read and write both the new formats (xlsm, xlsx, xlsb) and the old format (xls). Unless you have the Office Compatibility Pack (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/924074/en-us) installed, XL2003 can read only xls files -- it cannot read the new file versions. Since 2003 has no knowlege of the new formats, it assume the file is corrupted. Of course, a file...

How do I copy only subtotals to a new sheet?
Not including selecting each one individually. Select the range, press F5, select special and visible cells only, copy and paste Regards, Peo Sjoblom "darlinvee" wrote: > Not including selecting each one individually. Hi The way I do it is to set the grouping to display just the totals. Hit F5 and from Special select visible cells. Copy and Edit|Paste Special|Values where you want them to go! Andy. "darlinvee" <darlinvee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:96DBD597-C934-4198-8407-370DB3369593@microsoft.com... > Not including selecting ...

exchange 2003 mailbox can't read new mail
Hi all I have a problame - My Exchange 2003 sp2 hase started to get mail but i can't see the mail , Ihave chacked the mailbox DB' IT IS OK, I did disasterrecovery, but the problam is the same, i can see old mail but not the new mails ? What can it be ? ???? <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi all > I have a problame - My Exchange 2003 sp2 hase started to get mail but > i can't see the mail , Ihave chacked the mailbox DB' IT IS OK, I did > disasterrecovery, but the problam is the same, i can see old mail but > not the new mails ? > What can it be...

I open 2007 file, it opens as .ppt (2003) read only
When I open up my 2007 files .pptx by double-clicking on it, it opens as a ..ppt (Read Only) (Compatibility Mode). I then have to do a "save as" 2007 file. However, when I open it by doing file-open - it opens as a 2007 file. Does anyone know why yhis happens and if there is a preference I can set to have them open as 2007 files when I double-click on it? Thanks in advance! -- Marc One solution would be right clicking the file and selecting properties and going to the " General" tab and changing the program it uses to open as a default(i am not aware...

Error opening File
I keep getting the message "Publisher cannot open files from a different version". I am running PUB'98 and assume that the files are in '97 format but cannot find a way to open them or import them. If I try selecting file from the Pub browser then it can preview the object but I still cannot open it. Please help someone as this is getting damn frustrating! Thanks What makes you "assume" the files are Pub 97? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Jim hooper" <JH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3ceb01c47f26$b2636640$...

After Closing a Personal Folder, How do you Re-Open it?
My boss closed a personal folder and we can't see it now to re-open it? Any one got any ideas? Thanks File > Open... -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Tom Storm" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2d2401c49b4a$9ce3da80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My boss closed a personal folder and we can't see it now > to re-open it? Any one got any ideas? > > Thanks ...

How do I open my own 'safe' attachments I have emailed through ou.
I have just purchased a new computer with new Outlook Express. But for some reason I can't open the word doc. attachments I have sent with my emails. An OE message comes up saying that access is denied because they are unsafe. They aren't unsafe - they are just simple word text docs. Help please! Open Outlook Express and select Tools | Options | Security tab and uncheck the second option from the top concerning attachments. "LizJ" <LizJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5741CCF9-D1A8-429F-9315-EB3043C7CB45@microsoft.com... > I have just purchas...

open a published PDF file with a non PDF assigned application
Hi, I want to publish a wod document to PDF and open the published file with an application that is not the one that is assigned to the PDF extension. Is there a way to configure my word/office 2007 to open a specific application for PDF files? Thanks Talyas On May 27, 3:48=A0am, Talyas <Tal...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > > I want to publish a wod document to PDF and open the published file with = an > application that is not the one that is assigned to the PDF extension. > > Is there a way to configure my word/office 2007 to open a specific > app...

Outlook 2003
I've noticed that periodically when I try to open a message in my Inbox that the email window opens behind the Outlook window so I have to minimize Outlook to see the message. Essentially, the message window does not become the active window on top when I open a message. I found no help in the Knowledge Base, so any help on this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Vicky Sandvig ...

sending previous "contacts" to new "contacts" folder
I've attempted to send my old contact list to 'Windows mail' but have not been successful at this point. What am I doing wrong? Bonnie What do you mean by "send" your old contacts? Where are the old contacts located, on a different computer? If so, which mail program were you = using on the older computer? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Bonnie " <tallhyland@verizon.net> wrote in message = news:O66XmaUbKHA.4708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I've att...

Slow to open /close
Hi all Just recently I am having problems with Excel, and the speed at which it opens and closes. It can take up to 20 seconds to close. Version is Excel 2000, OS is ME, 256 RAM, 1100 Mhz. All other programs seem normal, have no viruses or malware, and no add-ins checked in Tools > Add-ins. It used to open and close like greased lightening, has anyone any ideas? -- George Hi George, Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/slowresp.htm particular items such as clearing out your IE cache, making sure you don't have Outlook Journalling (log file) Perhaps you added ma...

Toobars don't stay open
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Even though I have selected three toolbars (they show check marks), no toolbars appear when I start up Word. I have to View, Toolbars, Standard (turn off) and then View, Toolbars, Standard to get it to appear. How can I get it so that my toolbars are there when I start up Word? This is very frustrating! Are they all Docked at the top of the document window? Click the oblong button at the right end of the Title Bar. -- HTH |:>) Bob Jones Office:Mac MVP <David17@officeformac.com> wrote in message news:59b75...

Can't open attachments #3
On all the e-mails that I receive that show they have an attachment (the paperclip to the left of their addess), when I click on the paperclip, the attachments are not bold and when I attempt to open or save the attachment, nothing works. What do I need to do? Hi, I'm having the same problem. I'm using Outlook 2000, SP3 from MS Exhange 2000. Attachments are blocked. I know this is a Microsoft Security issue, however I beleive there is a registry fix for this. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks, Marc >-----Original Message----- >Is this Outlook or Outlook Expr...

adding a new user to email
okay so i have tried so many time to add my husband onto outlook email but for some reason it will not allow me to do so and it really is driving me mad! this is the steps i am taking... Does he have a separate account? Have you added this account from Control Panel->Mail Icon? What version of Outlook are you using? BTW - the steps you listed are going to elicit the same problem every time. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. A...

AfxMessageBox not opening correct help topic?
In my application just after I call OpenDocumentFile on a doc template to instantiate a new doc/view frame window, I call AfxMessageBox under certain conditions. I add the MB_HELP style flag and pass an id for the help context. It seems however that when I hit the Help button, my application's help is opened to the section for the newly-created frame window and not the section I specified as the parameter in AfxMessageBox. I can't seem to figure out why. I put breakpoints all over the MFC code relating to help and none of them hit. In CWinApp::ShowAppMessageBox, either the owner frame&...

How to link the content of a cell with a related list of items
I have a workbook that I created for tst item analysis. On the main worksheet is used to enter sudent's response for every multiple-choice question. on another worksheet which is the summary, I wrote a formula that allows me to sknow how many students choose choice 1, choice 2, choice 3,choice 4 for a given question. My challenge is to click on that number of student in the cell to display the list of students who chose cjoice 1, 2, 3, or 4. How canI do that please? -- Ti Moy Here's a formulas model to achieve the underlying objectives: http://cjoint.com/?chjHCSWehb ...