IE8 Built-In Developer Tools - Outline Persistence

Hello Internet Explorer Forum,

I am using IE8 Developer Tools (built in to IE 8).  I would like to ask is there
any method that allows outlining elements to persist upon page refreshes?

Using;

Internet Explorer Version: 8.0.6001.18702.
Windows XP Professional Version: 2002 Service Pack 3.
Microsoft Visual Web Developer Version: 2008.
Developer Tools from the Internet Explorer Tools Menu.

Thanks and regards,

- BotRot

0
BotRot

MSDN IE Development Forums <=post such questions here instead
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/category/iedevelopment/

BotRot wrote:
> Hello Internet Explorer Forum,
>
> I am using IE8 Developer Tools (built in to IE 8).  I would like to ask is
> there any method that allows outlining elements to persist upon page
> refreshes?
>
> Using;
>
> Internet Explorer Version: 8.0.6001.18702.
> Windows XP Professional Version: 2002 Service Pack 3.
> Microsoft Visual Web Developer Version: 2008.
> Developer Tools from the Internet Explorer Tools Menu.
>

> Thanks and regards,
>
> - BotRot

0
PA
12/7/2009 6:34:39 AM
Thanks PA Bear.

| MSDN IE Development Forums <=post such questions here instead
| http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/category/iedevelopment/
|
| BotRot wrote:
| > Hello Internet Explorer Forum,
| >
| > I am using IE8 Developer Tools (built in to IE 8).  I would like to ask is
| > there any method that allows outlining elements to persist upon page
| > refreshes?
| >
| > Using;
| >
| > Internet Explorer Version: 8.0.6001.18702.
| > Windows XP Professional Version: 2002 Service Pack 3.
| > Microsoft Visual Web Developer Version: 2008.
| > Developer Tools from the Internet Explorer Tools Menu.
| >

| > Thanks and regards,
| >
| > - BotRot

0
BotRot

IE8
I know how to turn off tabbed browsing but, now that I have, clicking on links in emails or other pages no longer opens NEW windows (it changes the page I'm looking at in the current window, instead). Do the settings under tabbed browsing have any effect when tabbed browsing is disabled? "MK" <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9B09DC86-9A62-4C97-B630-873335789701@microsoft.com... > I know how to turn off tabbed browsing but, now that I have, clicking on > links in emails or other pages no longer opens NEW windows (it changes the > ...

where did the tools menu go for excell 2007?
I cannot find the tools menu for excell 2007. There is no Tools menu in Excel 2007. All of those commands have been redistributed elsewhere! See if this helps: http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBB7CE96-053F-4BFC-BE4A-2257B8F46B7E@microsoft.com... >I cannot find the tools menu for excell 2007. Hi Terry, Many of the commands are under File (Office Button), Excel Options ... Cheers, Shane Devenshire "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

outlook developed by VB
I want use VB to add an button in the outlook's contact form (eg. add a button after the homephone field). And when I click the button, it will run some VB code (eg. dial this homephone number.) anyone can tell me how to do that? thanks a lot banks This would require a custom Outlook form. The code behind the button would be VBScript, not VB, but it could call a VB application's methods. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/forms.htm for information on custom forms. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Us...

Why is MS working on IE9 when IE8 is so bad?
New, fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit. Problems with IE8: 1. "Internet Explorer has stopped working." No solution is ever found. 2. "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage." I tried all of the solutions from the knowledge base with no luck. 3. When exiting IE8 with more than 1 tab open, it will not exit until you click on one of the tabs, usually the one that is flashing a different color. Any ideas? Seawolf Did you format the HDD prior to this "fresh install?" Tips for solving problems with Internet Explorer http://windows....

Develop apps using VB2008 w/o admin privileges?
Hello all, I am getting started with VS2008, I just installed it on my work PC with Win XP SP2. I am; however, noticing that apparently I need local admin privileges to get any project started. Is this correct? Are any of you developing apps with VB 2008 who do not have admin privileges? I have Power User (PU) privileges at this time. Is there any way to put together an app using this product with only these (PU) privileges? Since I had to install another system app I was given temp admin privileges, so the VS 2008 install went well, but when I restarted Windows the next day to fi...

Copy to Outlook Business Tools
I have Outlook 2003. I installed its Business Tools. How do I copy the standard Contacts in Outlook to my Business Contacts? I want to copy them all then just delete what I don't need. Thanks, Mike Just do it -- copy the contacts into the Business Contacts folder. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Mike Klick" <mike@grayce.net> wrote in message news:OiAu2hVsEHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... >I have Outlook 2003....

Exch rebase tool
I would like to use the /forcerebasesuppressall switch, but attempts to add it to the tzmove commandline in the mxextmz_x.ini file don't seem to work. The /q switch is present automatically. I've tried it before and after the /q, with and without quotes, and always get event 16 in the applog: One or more parameter values are not valid. No help online so far...docs mention, but don't explain how to incorporate, or my eyes can't focus on it anymore. I'd appreciate any info. Thanks Bob OR...is this switch not intended to be used EXCEPT when TZMOVE is run on the cli...

Migration Tool
Is ther any migration tool to convert a .nsf mail box for a .PST file, to be read in Outlook? Tks a lot. vborges@vbinformatica.com.br <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is ther any migration tool to convert a .nsf mail box for > a .PST file, to be read in Outlook? What is ".nsf mailbox"? What app uses it? -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. I don't speak for Smiths, and Smiths doesn't speak for me. Yes, the M...

Is there a tool that can dump AddBook and messages from a PST file ?
Does a tool exist that can take a PST file and dump as much info as possible into accessable info ? The address book in plain ascii would be a start. Messages would be nice. I don't have a copy of outlook. Thanks -- a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m Don't blame me. I voted for Gore. On 23 Jan 2005 10:47:05 -0500, adykes@panix.com (Al Dykes) wrote: >Does a tool exist that can take a PST file and dump as much info as >possible into accessable info ? The address book in plain ascii would >be a start. Messages would be nice. > >I don't have a copy of ...

Inbox repair tool #16
Outlook 07 beta tells me I need to run the inbox repair tool. The Scanpst.exe file is not where microsoft help say and is no-where on my hard drive (have searched). I cannot delete my junk mail as Outlook tells me I need to run the fix. Any suggestions? Thanks Have you installed B2TR? If not, you should not use the IRT. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "NOTTNICK" <NOTTNICK@bellows.org.nospam.uk> wrote in message news:DbWdnaIkcvmIl6fYRVnyiA@bt.com... > Outlook 07 beta tells me I need to run the inbox repair tool. > > The Scanpst.exe file is not where microsoft...

o2010 Developers Reference
for those that may have missed it http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2baf54a3-bbde-4cb8-b0e6-19005939db6a al Lot of thanks! -- Best Regards. JuneTheSecond Now, visual calculation is more visual. http://www.geocities.jp/visualcalculation/english/index.html "AlEdlund" wrote: > for those that may have missed it > > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=2baf54a3-bbde-4cb8-b0e6-19005939db6a > > al > > I especially like the Interactive Map : http...

Looking for a Great Developer for an Outlook Plugin
Hi, I am looking to hire a great developer to design and build an outlook plugin. The ideal candidate is someone who is a heavy outlook user but who also understands the world of real-time communications, a la Twitter, Jott and Skype. If you are interested in learning more, please conatct me: sam[dot] huleatt@gmail[dot]com Thanks! ...

Rules & Alerts
Referring to document http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odc_ol2003_ta/html/odc_olalertswebservice.asp, I have tried to set up the sample code for a web service for an outlook alert. I have had little success so far. The web service compiles correctly, but the code to send the alert email using CDO (see below) fails on "Send": MailMessage Message = new MailMessage(); Message.To = emailAddr; Message.From = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings["senderEmailAddr"]; Message.Subject = "You have suc...

MFC file path tools
Does exist an MFC class to work with filepath : - get file name from filepath - get directory from filepath - gat absolute path from relative path .... >Does exist an MFC class to work with filepath : >- get file name from filepath >- get directory from filepath >- gat absolute path from relative path >... Not in MFC, but have a look at _splitpath and the various PathXXX shell functions. Dave PathFindFileName PathRemoveFileSpec PathCombine PathCanonicalize -- Sheng Jiang Microsoft MVP in VC++ "JBB" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:f8q7g1$e2b$1@aioe...

IE8 error on reset
Frustration at Windows 7 continues. New Toshiba L455D-S5976 laptop running Windows 7 Home premium. When trying to perform the "reset internet explorer settings" function and error message appeared with the following: C:\windows\system32\ieunatt.exe IE 7.0 Unattended Install Utility has stopped working Windows is checking for a solution to the problem.... This stayed there for 10 mins, until I used taskmgr to close it Have gone to IE8 website, thinking I could download clean copy of IE8, only to receive message saying IE8 is part of Windows 7, and no download links f...

OUTLINE
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel When i am outlining a text, when i hit the tab, it does not indent and change the outline ...

RM Unapply Tool
Currently we utilize the Professional Service Tool to unapply RM transactions that have been moved to history. However the shortfall we are finding in this tool is that it pulls all invoices involved with one payment out of history. For example we have one payment that can be applied to up to 50 invoices. However we have the need to unapply just the part of the payment this is in regard to one invoice and then reapply that payment to that one invoice, without unapplying all 50 invoices. Thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the ...

REDMOND DEVELOPERS! You've dorked all our accounts! Compile the code and put it out!
I wonder if they have policy not allowing them to show their faces here? What can the morale be like on that team? Someone wrote in <4aL6d.136549$MQ5.94480@attbi_s52>: >I wonder if they have policy not allowing them to show their faces here? >What can the morale be like on that team? > Expect a few suicides from the QA dept. Don't get our hopes up. "Steve Hanson" <info@moveon.org> wrote in message news:p7erl0dgrt9cevht7b5d638g0kceutt5mv@4ax.com... > Someone wrote in <4aL6d.136549$MQ5.94480@attbi_s52>: > >>I wonder if they have poli...

CRM 4.0 IE8 pop-out menus
Hi, I've found that we're having display issues with CRM 4.0 on IE8. Pop- out menus such as the Help menu are displayed to the right, appearing outside the window border, and hence when the CRM window is maximised they are either partially or wholly off the edge of the screen. You can view the menu if you reduce the window size to less than maximum. This wasn't an issue under IE7 and I have tried compatability mode but this doesnt correct the problem. The monitors I have tested this on are all greater than 800 x 600 resolution. Thanks for your time Craig ...

Search Tool for my PST File
Dear All Any body aware of a search tool within my PST files? I have alot of PST archive files in which I frequently use for certain information. The problem is that these PST files are not indexed which means I can not search them using Outlook 2007 running on Vista. Any Advice? Regards Why not just index them? Open them in Outlook (File->Open->Outlook Data = File) as you can have many .pst files open in one Outlook session. Then = your search options are increased and your frustration index is = decreased - hopefully. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to...

IE8 doesn't display some images
I have two sites, http://www.ukclimbing.com/ and http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/ where on those two pages there is part of the page that doesn't load. All I get is a blank square with a little box in the top left hand corner with some coloured blobs in it. Everything else on those pages and indeed the rest of the site works OK. How do I get the page to load properly? These are the only two sites/pages that do this AFAIK.... Screenshots here http://cid-e60ce3038809e993.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Computing/IE%20display "Gordon" <gordon.bur...

How can I move Project tasks into an Excel outline?
I am using MS Projects 2000 and have saved my file to Excel through the Save As feature. I have mapped the ouline_num and outline levels to fields, and want Excel to place this into an outline. How can I make this happen? ...

Review Tool bar #2
Every time I open Excel, the Review Tool Bar is included at the top of the page. I right click, and uncheck the Review Tool Bar. However, it comes back every time I open Excel. I am using 2003, SP1 under XP Home Jim Rech posted a couple of techniques concerning the reviewing toolbar: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=OnOayDtqDHA.688%40TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl JohnHBoyd wrote: > > Every time I open Excel, the Review Tool Bar is included at the top of the > page. I right click, and uncheck the Review Tool Bar. However, it comes > back every time I open Excel. I am using ...

Time Zone Data Update Tool
I am debating as to whether or not I should run the TZDUT or not. I have been told that if I run the TZDUT on the Exchange 2003 server that it would not apply to existing appointments, only appointments that are entered subsequent to the update. I just want to verify that this is true. Also, if I run the TZDUT on the client's workstation for Outlook 2003, does the same apply or will it update existing entries when applied directly to the workstation? Thank you. -- Mike Stevens On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 07:28:00 -0800, Stevens <Stevens@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am d...

Camera Tool in Excel 2007
Hi, I use the Camera Tool as a dashboard to see what is changing in other sheets in a workbook. It works well in my machine (updates in other sheet are visible).. But does not work in another machine? Is there any other setting in Excel Options that determines the update behavior. Thanks in advance for the help. Regards, Raj Calculation set to Manual? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sun, 14 Mar 2010 00:34:49 -0800 (PST), Rajendra <rspai9@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi, > >I use the Camera Tool as a dashboard to see what is changing in other >sheets in a work...