IE8 Add to Favorites - open up in collapsed view?

In IE8, when I want to add a site to My Favorites, when I go to select the
folder to save it in, the list of all of my previously saves favorite
folders completely opens up in expanded view.  Since there are folders and
multiple subfolders, is there a way to make only the half dozen or so main
folders show up, then I could drill down and open each subfolder one at a
time, instead of immediately seeing every single favorites folder I have
ever created in a VERY long scrolling list?

"M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message
> In IE8, when I want to add a site to My Favorites, when I go to select the
> folder to save it in, the list of all of my previously saves favorite
> folders completely opens up in expanded view.  Since there are folders and
> multiple subfolders, is there a way to make only the half dozen or so main
> folders show up, then I could drill down and open each subfolder one at a
> time, instead of immediately seeing every single favorites folder I have
> ever created in a VERY long scrolling list?

Short answer is no.

There is a "workaround" though - use the favorites button (the star) and add
to your list using the left hand pane view instead of the favorites menu.

--
dan

0
Dan
5/26/2010 2:57:03 PM
Not in IE8, no.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

M Skabialka wrote:
> In IE8, when I want to add a site to My Favorites, when I go to select the
> folder to save it in, the list of all of my previously saves favorite
> folders completely opens up in expanded view.  Since there are folders and
> multiple subfolders, is there a way to make only the half dozen or so main
> folders show up, then I could drill down and open each subfolder one at a
> time, instead of immediately seeing every single favorites folder I have
> ever created in a VERY long scrolling list?

0
PA
5/26/2010 4:00:16 PM

"M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message
> In IE8, when I want to add a site to My Favorites, when I go to select the
> folder to save it in, the list of all of my previously saves favorite
> folders completely opens up in expanded view.  Since there are folders and
> multiple subfolders,

> is there a way to make only the half dozen or so main folders show up,
> then I could drill down and open each subfolder one at a time, instead of
> immediately seeing every single favorites folder I have ever created in a
> VERY long scrolling list?

Yes.   Drag them there instead of using that deficient dialog.   And if
you're doing more than one and know that they are going into the same
subfolder, consider using the Add to Favorites Bar button instead.   Then
you can eventually just drag (or Cut them) as a group out of that temporary
location to the destination folder.   Another alternative for the group case
would be opening an Explorer window at that subfolder and then just dragging
each Address bar icon to it directly.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
----

0
Robert
5/26/2010 9:13:40 PM
This works very well, thanks, Mich
"Dan" <news@worldofspack.com> wrote in message

> "M Skabialka" <mskabialka@NOSPAMdrc.com> wrote in message
>> In IE8, when I want to add a site to My Favorites, when I go to select
>> the folder to save it in, the list of all of my previously saves favorite
>> folders completely opens up in expanded view.  Since there are folders
>> and multiple subfolders, is there a way to make only the half dozen or so
>> main folders show up, then I could drill down and open each subfolder one
>> at a time, instead of immediately seeing every single favorites folder I
>> have ever created in a VERY long scrolling list?
>>

> Short answer is no.
>
> There is a "workaround" though - use the favorites button (the star) and
> add to your list using the left hand pane view instead of the favorites
> menu.
>
> --
> dan

Cannot Add Users CRM 4.0 RU 2
I cannot add users to CRM 4.0 after Rollup Update 2. CRM can query the AD and imports the user info, but throws an error when I try to save it. I can however make changes to an existing user and save without a problem. Here is the trace: >MSCRM Error Report: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Error: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Error Message: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Request URL: http://**************...

Turning off password opening Outlook
I need to eliminate the password getting into Outlook. When I try to bypass the password the Outlook program just closes up. If I set up a password, I don't at his time remember what it is. Where do I go to turn it off? >I need to eliminate the password getting into Outlook. Are you connected to an Exchange server and it's asking for your password or did you password-protect your PST file? If the former, you can't bypass the password. Ask your Email administrator to reset it. If the latter, you can strip the password out of your PST file with a program at http://www.c...

vlookup
Hi, Is there a way of telling the "vlookup" function to bring the sum of all occurrences of the searched criteria ? like for example : A B C D E F 1 1 23 1 2 1 30 =vlookup(D1,A1:B2,2,false) = 53 instead of 23 ? 3 2 15 4 Try... =SUMIF(A1:A100,D1,B1:B100) Hope this helps! In article <C%E%d.92$FN4.29@newssvr21.news.prodigy.com>, "E Arredondo" <atk@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > Hi, > > Is there a way of telling the &...

Open new thread
Hi How to open a new thread in console application ? Thanks Hai Ly Hoang wrote: > Hi > How to open a new thread in console application ? > Thanks As usual : CreateThread or _beginthreadex, depending on wethter you need the CRT initialization or not (most always you need it, so use _beginthreadex). Arnaud MVP - VC ...

Excel opening old version of file
I have an excel attachment sent from a colleague via outlook 2003 email. The attachment sent from my colleague is version 12. The attachment opens on my pc as a previous version. It is version 11. When I forward the attachment to another colleague the attachment is version 12 as it should be. The problem as you can see is that my pc sees the attachment as an old version 11. It is a shared spreadsheet. I have deleted temp profile files and still the issue persists. Does anyone have any ideals? Ronnie You can redo regserver but my advice is always save to the HD and then open ...

Make Outlook open a reply-to e-mail address
Hi I have a reply-to e-mail address in my inbox and when I click on it my other e-mail program Agent opens How do I configure Outlook to open instead? -- Martin ���� Is Outlook set as your default mail program? Check on the Programs tab of the Control Panel's Internet applet "Martin ���� @nohere.net" wrote in message news:p9gkc457bstk6g6u4f3qqhnt3fdt6mdeee@4ax.com... > > Hi > I have a reply-to e-mail address in my inbox and when I click on it my > other e-mail program Agent opens > How do I configure Outlook to open instead? On Fri, 12 Sep 2008 08:38:43 ...

How to view BCC on email
Anyone knows a way to view how was BCC on an incoming mail? zeenanoko <nanoTAKEITOFF@sbcglobal.net> wrote: > Anyone knows a way to view how was BCC on an incoming mail? There is no way. The whole point of Bcc is to prevent the recipients from seeing who else received the message. -- Brian Tillman ...

Unable to open Mac Excel 98 in Mac Excel 2004
I created an Mac Excel 98 worksbook in Mac OS 9 with macros and userforms. When I tried to open it in Mac Excel 2004 in Mac OS X 10.3.7, I get the message the the file cannot be found "Fichier introuvable". Thanks for your help. How are you trying to open the file? Double click? File/Open? In article <5DA55071-2750-4A9F-8923-16DC520B652F@microsoft.com>, "Jean-Yves Fortin" <Jean-Yves Fortin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I created an Mac Excel 98 worksbook in Mac OS 9 with macros and userforms. > When I tried to open it in Mac Excel 2004 in...

Simple weather view

Inline view with a left join
Hi all, I have three tables A, B and C. I first want to run a simple select on tables B&C with a join and then run a left join the result with A. So: Select A.a1, A.a2, A.a3..., BC.bc1, BC.bc2... From A, (select bc1, bc2, bc3,... from B, C, where B.some_col = C.some_col) BC left join on A.another_col = BC.another_col. What is the right syntax for this? TIA, Sashi Here is one way to write the query: SELECT A.a1, A.a2, A.a3..., BC.bc1, BC.bc2... FROM A LEFT JOIN ( SELECT bc1, bc2, bc3,... FROM B JOIN C ON B.some_col = C.some_col) AS BC ON A.another_col ...

Outlook
The month view is a bit stupid. Whenever I switch to calendar (month view), I expect it to show today and the days around today. But the month view, by default, goes to show the 1st day of the current month at the 1st line. This is a stupid logic. For example, today is 30th of August, it goes to show the 1st of August at the 1st line, but in doing so, it puts today (30th of August) out of view ! My suggestion is to show today in the middle. The correct logic should be: (1) to calculate the number of lines in the view, for example, 5 lines in the view, then today should be at the 3rd...

Creating a favorite folder in Excel
How can I put folders that I use frequently to the left of the "look in" when I click to "open" a folder? This is something that I used all the time in 2003, but can't figure out how to in 2007. Any help wout be greatly appreciated. I toggle between many different folders for work and the file paths to get there are long. Thanks! Select the desired folder in the right hand pane, and then Right-click in the left hand Pane and click Add.... jes78 wrote: > How can I put folders that I use frequently to the left of the "look in" when >...

My contact info for below Job opening
-- Martin Moberly Principal IT Recruiter Emerging-Minds 214-484-5430 What is this for? I am in the 214 area too. "MartinMoberly" wrote: > > -- > Martin Moberly > Principal IT Recruiter > Emerging-Minds > 214-484-5430 ...

Forgot to add a sheet to formula.
I'm creating a workbook regarding the traveling expenses of my teammates. Every sheet and tab have their name and I'm summing the in summary sheet in the workbook. Then I realised that I've forgot to add another one sheet into the formula in summary. Here is the example: Jofri!F8+'Ewe Chean'!F8+Yanti!F8+Huda!F8+'Jee Onn'!F8+'Chee Keet'!F8+Jessica!F8+Ellis!F8+JJ!F8+Syahira!F8+Ili!F8 So how do I add the missing name / sheet to this formula. There are a lot of these formulas in the summary sheet. Thank You Put a first and last sheet around all sheet...

How do you add five seconds to a series of times?
I have a column for of dates and times, I need to create a function that will allow me to add 5 seconds to the time so I can fill down. time and dates are kept in fractions of a day therefore to add 5 seconds add 5/(24*60*60) to the previous cell "Redhead" wrote: > I have a column for of dates and times, I need to create a function that will > allow me to add 5 seconds to the time so I can fill down. ...

O.T. IE8 Newsgroup
Hi, Is there a IE8 newsgroup? If so were do I look? I've got a couple of questions. Thank, Jim -- For all IE versions: Internet Explorer General Newsgroup. In your Newsreader: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general On the Web: http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "James" <baldone@remove.earthlink.net> wrote in message news:_rCdnZCdlseCcFzWnZ2dnUVZ_oqdnZ2d@earthlink...

Excel keeps crashing on opening
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, out of the blue, my Excel 2008 for Mac is crashing upon opening - I can't do any work at all anymore. It doesn't matter whether I try starting the program or opening a file. I seem to have all the latest updates and, as mentioned, this problem has just occurred out of the blue, i.e. it worked fine one day and not at all the next day. Obviously, I also checked for viruses etc. No joy. <br> Please help. Mine has done the same thing just recently. I'm not on 2008 version though, just the ...

Opening File using default viewer
Hello, how would I go about opening a file using the default viewer, so for example, if the file is a txt file, then notepad would open it. Or if it is an XML file, then maybe firefox woulld open it. I was hoping to use a CButton and if the user clicks on it, then it would grab the path specified and open the file with the corresponding viewer. thanks. Jon wrote: > Hello, how would I go about opening a file using the default viewer, so > for example, if the file is a txt file, then notepad would open it. Or > if it is an XML file, then maybe firefox woulld open it. > > ...

Having trouble viewing images in document
I can't see the pictures in my Publisher document. The frames for the pictures are there, but I can not see them. Any help out there? What happens if you go to View > Pictures > Detailed Display? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Courtney S" <Courtney S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C419A43B-00EA-4419-9DCF-91B28FA712DB@microsoft.com... >I can't see the pictures in my Publisher document. The frames for the > pic...

How do I add my Peoplepc email to Outlook email accounts?
I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the accounts, I can't access my Peoplepc email from outlook, I can't send email from any account- it stays in the "outbox" I tried to reconfigure the Peoplepc account and still no luck. I walked thru the "set up new email account" and still no luck. Can anyone help? Seamore@peoplepc.com "Seamore" <Seamore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5AD445A-E9B8-4318-8E5E-40CE6D7E59AE@microsoft.com... > I am new to Outlook- (Using Outlook 2003)I am trying to set up the &...

Opening and Reading the locked files #4
Hi I need to backup some of the exclusive locked files. I have tried many ways to call CreateFile but it fails either by giving sharing violation or Access Denied. I have backup and restore privilege. What flags shall I CreateFile to open the locked File for backup In the below code I can atleast open the file but any changes to it are denied. HANDLE hfile = CreateFile(strFilename, READ_CONTROL, 0, 0,OPEN_EXISTING, FILE_FLAG_BACKUP_SEMANTICS, 0 ); Now this open's the file but ReadFile and BackupRead Fails. ReadFIles fails with exception CreateFile Failed : Access Denied. But I have a v...

Unable to open <URL>. A security problem has occurred.
Trying to open an https://www.site.com via a hyperlink in Excel 2002. Keep getting the above error. I have searched and cannot find the fix. I have installed the certificate from my site but the error still occurs. ...

Select Securities in Portfolio View
In the Portfolio View options (Customize Current View), there is a tab to select Security Type. Then there is a list of security types to choose from. For some reason, I only have two options: I can choose "Select All", or I can pick only one security type. There doesn't seem to be a way to do multiple-select. Is that right...it's either all or one? i'm trying to select everything except for cash. ...

How do you open a Publisher 2002 file with Publisher 2003?
I just installed Office 2003. Now when I try to open a file I created with Publisher 2002 it pops up "Publisher 2003 can't open this file". Help! I need to open these files to use asap. Thanks for your help. Bill Are you using Norton Anti-virus? If so, visit http://support.microsoft.com/kb/329820/ and see if anything there helps. Norton often plays havoc with Office. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Bill" <Bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:49F42A60-1A32-4161-984B-CAE70900361B@microsoft.com... >I just installed Office 20...

upon deleting emails view is not refreshed
We have a sporadic issue that seems to effect the majority of our users (all using Outlook 2007 sp2, but mixed between Exch 2003 and Exch 2007 mailbox servers). When they go to delete items from their inbox, Outlook will occassionally stop refreshing the view. For example when they highlight a message and select "delete" (regardless of hitting the "del" key, right-clicking and selecting Delete or pressing the "x" button) the message remains highlighted until they change folders and return back to the inbox (then the message or messages in question wil...