IE type size

Just the other day, the type in web sites shrunk down to just barely
readable size in Internet Explorer and the "type size" button in the toolbar
doesn't seem to have any effect on it. Don't know what caused this to
happen, so I can't do anything about it. Anybody have any ideas?

By the way, I'm using IE8 and Vista Home Premium.

0
Retired

"Retired" <cbeck02@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:477C1D84-9493-47F5-8BEF-076443471C3B@microsoft.com...
> Just the other day, the type in web sites shrunk down to just barely
> readable size in Internet Explorer and the "type size" button in the toolbar
> doesn't seem to have any effect on it.

That's normal unless you use the Accessibility dialog to force control
away from the web page's designer.

[check]  Ignore font sizes specified on webpages
(in Options, Accessibility --  Alt-T,O,Alt-e,z)

> Don't know what caused this to
> happen, so I can't do anything about it. Anybody have any ideas?
>
> By the way, I'm using IE8 and Vista Home Premium.

Another option on  IE8 is to use its Zoom feature.  E.g. press Ctrl-+
a few times.   Perhaps you accidentally hit  Ctrl-- and made it even
smaller than normal?  ; )

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert
<snip>

> Another option on  IE8 is to use its Zoom feature.  E.g. press Ctrl-+
> a few times.   Perhaps you accidentally hit  Ctrl-- and made it even
> smaller than normal?  ; )

.... or click the Zoom Level indicator in the lower right corner, just above
the clock and select the zoom level desired. (For this method to work, one
needs to have the Statud Bar ON -- right click a blank area of the Menu Bar
and put a checkmark next to Status Bar.)

0
Jeff

font size increases when replying to message
I have recently upgraded to Outlook 2003. When I reply to an email the font size increases when I hit the reply button. I tried sending an email to myself and the email that I receive does not appear to have the larger font. This is strange. Can someone explain why the font appears larger when replying to messages? Any way to fix this problem? Thanks. Robert Hi Robert, Open Outlook 2003, goto tools-->options, goto "mail format" tab in that page at stationary and fonts, click on fonts, now u can select what font u want when replying or composing new mails. hope this h...

xsd.exe generating multiple enums for simple type of included schema file
Hi, I'm just discovering the power of xsd.exe, so maybe I'm doing something wrong. >From an external provider of a web service I received several xsd schema files describing requests and responses. So there is an extra xsd file for each response and each request as well as some base schemas, i.e. defining a data type for a result element. Among others this result element contains a simple enumeration type "ResultState" which can either be "OK" or "FAILED". If I use xsd.exe to generate .cs files from the xsd files definining the complex elements for t...

CString strong type
Hello, i want to create a function that takes a CString parameter like this : void foo(CString csData) { } But I think when I call this function with a char * or a wchar *(if UNICODE) there is no compiler warnings. So how can i prevent to pass char * ? make it void foo(CString& csData) Regards, -Boben "mosfet" <tricubes@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:bpi6cm$8f2$1@news-reader5.wanadoo.fr... > Hello, > > i want to create a function that takes a CString parameter like this : > > void foo(CString csData) > { > > > } > > But I think...

"Can't change data type" error
I'm trying to reduce the field size of text fields in my database. They defaulted to 255 characters when I created my database but in many cases I only need a size of around 20. When I enter the reduced size for one field in the table design view and try to save the change to that field I get the following errors: "Microsoft Access can't change the data type. There isn't enough diskspace or memory." When I click OK to the above I then get the following message: "Errors were encountered durnig the save operation. Data types were not changed. Properties w...

can't add my True Type Windows Fonts
I have tried loading my Font files to C:/Windows/Fonts, they do appear inside the directory when viewing thru my File Manager, but when using my programs, they don't show up in any of my Font menu pulldowns; only the default fonts that come with the machine. I'm using Windows XP Pro ?? chumley Try loading them via Control Panel > Fonts > File > Install New Fonts. -- Rey "chumley" wrote: > I have tried loading my Font files to C:/Windows/Fonts, they do appear > inside the directory when viewing thru my File Manager, but when using > my...

Outlook 2007 and typing lags after installing FrontPage 2002
I recently installed my old FrontPage 2002 again. I also have Outlook 2007 and XP Pro. Office 2007 had to be reactivated/reinstalled-something. It did not ask for my CD, but it sure was working hard. I did not lose any settings. Many of my hotfixes, and German language pack disappeared after installing FP 2002. I got all that stuff back. Also, after installing FP 2002, it seems my IE had been hijacked. I kept getting directed to bulk advertisement webpages. I finally got all that cleared up by using some software programs listed on majorgeeks.com Everything was running f...

Body of email size
when I receive email with a picture , or email of a flyer from a store thie body of the email is very small. The header is fine. I can't find a way to correct this. any ideas? thank you Do you mean the text is small? What about the body of the email is small? "Michael" <Michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ADB34FF-62F5-4955-9B35-6F9ED363B1EB@microsoft.com... > when I receive email with a picture , or email of a flyer from a store > thie > body of the email is very small. The header is fine. I can't find a way to > cor...

Trouble understanding recipient/size limits on Exchange.
I'm trying to understand the recipient/size limits for Exchange and what takes priority. I'm still a little confused after even after reading the article. The following example is from article ID 322679: Example 2 In this example, the following size limits have been configured: . The global setting is set to 2 MB. . The Exchange 2000 SMTP connector is set to 5 MB. . The SMTP virtual server is set to 2 MB. . The user mailbox setting is set to 3 MB. The global setting is 2 MB. Therefore, all the users who are using the default global setting in the Exchange 2000 S...

enumerating storage groups, stores, mailboxproperties (size+retent
Hi, I'm part of a team that manages 20+ Exchange 2000 servers. I'm currently trying to create means to generate information about our exchange organisation for capacity management purposes. One thing I like to do is generate a report of all servers, with enumeration of all storage groups, stores and mailboxes. Of the mailboxes I'd like to have the total mailbox size (including retention) At this point I point and click the reports through System Manager, but this is really timeconsuming as most servers contain multiple storagegroups containing multiple stores. We don't ha...

Converting a string date field/node in an XML document to Date type in a dataset
I am having problems with Date Strings when using VS.net method of converting an XML document to a dataset. I need the the date nodes to be of date type. As I am loading the Dataset to a datagrid, and I using the sort facility to sort by date. Currently the dates are being treated as strings. ree32@hotmail.com (ree32) wrote in message news:<7606ccc8.0409192108.3cbebe24@posting.google.com>... > I am having problems with Date Strings when using VS.net method of > converting an XML document to a dataset. > > I need the the date nodes to be of date type. As I am loading the ...

chart type automatically goes to Template
I have converted all my excel files to 2007. Now I am updating my charts and continue to run into problems with the "Template" I will select the Chart Type as Line but it goes to Template wihout my choosing. Then when I try to modify the x-axis (date in this case) it does not go to what I set it, it sets itself. Any ideas beside redoing the charts altogether? thanks -- Brian Please list the steps in order so we can duplicate your problem, for example What chart type do you have before you start changing it? What version of Excel are you converting the charts from? If t...

reducing file size
In an excel file, I just deleted a picture. When saving the fil again, I noticed that the file size grew instead of being reduced. Does anyway know if excel "save" things you delete, and if so how can you permantly delete things to reduce file size? Your used range has probalby gotten messed up. Look for any sheet where the scroll bars take you well past the end of the data. Hitting Ctrl + End on these sheets will also take you out the the data range. Here is a link on fixing the used range. http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#Unused -- HTH... Jim Thomlins...

CUT feature in IE 8 is not proper
when we add CUT feature in tool bar section as visible and when we select anything in the website and click on the CUT it vanishes that particular component from the website i would suggest that you please look into that as i think its not proper i can show you the video the exact behaviour . You can send me the mail regarding this to rakshit.sangani@hotmail.com ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you d...

Moving mailboxes to a new exchange server; size limit.
We currently have one exchange server in our company. We saw the need for another one so we created a new exchange server and added it to our current forest. <h3>We are trying to move mailboxes from the old exchange server to the new one. Some of the mailboxes we are moving are over 2GB's, the question will there be any problems doing this?</h3> it will take some time, but if there are no limits on either server, prohibiting send or send/receive, you should be able to move the mailboxes... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Heber" <Heber@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Why does Publisher Email Newsletter File Size Increase?
I am sending a 274 KB Publisher document as an email newsletter, but when it reaches the email mailbox the size increases to 2 MB. Does anyone know why this happens? Thanks! It has to change the format so that your end users don't need Publisher to view it. And in my experience, it's rare to see a file that's been converted from one format to another not change size dramatically. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher "Lipstain" <Lipstain@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1E3510B8-453B-4D02-B5DC-374E8212870B@microsoft.com... >I am s...

Control Form Size in 2007
I can't seem to figure out, in Access 2007, how to keep the form size from changing once that I have set it. For example, if I size my largest form in the project with the navigation pane closed, and then open the form with the navigation pane open, the form gets squeezed down (to automatically allow for the navigation pane. I have turned off everything, autocenter, autoresize, etc and tried modal and pop up version of the form but nothing seems to lock the size that I have set. Why is this? How do I fix this? Thank you much Ross You can put a little code in the...

two A5 size letter heads from one sheet of A4
I would like to know how to print two A5 size letter heads from one sheet of A4 paper, so that I could cut the sheet in half and have two letter headings. It's probably very simple when you know how but I've tried to do it via page setup without success. Thank you very much for your help. Leave your document setup as A4 and in the Zoom section of the File>Print dialog, select "2 pages" in the "Pages per sheet:" control. Assuming that you have just the one page document that you want printed, enter 1, 1 in the "Pages:" control of the Pag...

Reports & Queries Not Showing due to 'Data type mismatch in criteria expression'
I've created a database - all seemed to be working. I could open reports. I've tried it out and added in data - using a form - now the reports and queries wont open. I sign pops up "Data type mismatch in criteria expression." On my form i have 6 drop down menus of different jobs that people could choose from and another drop down menu with the person who is managing the client. They work fine. I've created queries for each job to pick out a particular one and then a report to view who is interested in what job etc. When i first created the database, i used the 'lo...

using date function, month shows as January when i type (12)
when date of birth is A1 and i use the formula =date(year(A1)+19,month(12),day(31)), to get the last day of the year before the 20th birthday, 31/1/1919 appears instead of 31/12/1919. why is this? if i take the +19 away, the same thing happens. The only time it works is if i specify the year instead of using another cell. Does this formula do what you need? ="12/31/"&YEAR(A1)+19 The reason your original formula did not work is because the MONTH() and DAY() functions require serial date numbers (that is to say, an Excel date equivalent expressed as a number). =DATE(YEA...

Word 2007 with file type .docx
Word 2007 with file type .docx could not be accessed via blackboard webmail. ...

Sizing Worksheets
Could anyone please tell me how to resize a worksheet when the worksheet has 65536 rows. Excel's default sheet size is that many rows. Why do you want to resize it? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements An Excel worksheet *is* 256 columns by 65536 rows, no more and no less. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP ...

Automatically set the data type as date for a Make Table Query
I have a make table query that I run daily. One of the fields of the query is a date field. The source table for the query treats the information as a text string in a date format that is not recognized by access. I have created formula that parses the string to put it into standard "mm/dd/yy" format. However, when I run the make table query it treats the date field as text. This is a problem because I use a form to hold the criteria for a query that I run on the new table. In order to get the query to work, I have to manually set the data type to short date. This will ...

type mismatch on saving excel calculation mode via VB app
Well, I'm just plain stumped. I get type mismatch errors early on trying to save the calculation mode of excel object and a different error when trying to set it to manual: Dim CalculationMode As Variant Private StatusBarSetting As Boolean Dim xl As Excel.Application Dim Argv As Variant Sub Main() Dim n As Integer Dim sArgv As String Argv = Parse_Args(5) sArgv = "" For n = 1 To UBound(Argv) sArgv = sArgv & Argv(n) & vbCrLf Next n MsgBox "Arguments found: " & vbCrLf & sArgv Start_Excel Quit_Excel End Sub Pr...

outlook.pst file back up message
I am trying to back up my outlook Archive.PST file on to a removable storage media. While backing up I am getting a message 'can not handle this type of file'. I had backed .PST file before but now I can not because I am getting this message. Please help. Thanks. "Ronaldo" <Ronaldo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9DF54952-DA17-4FAC-92B5-75B967BB71BC@microsoft.com... > I am trying to back up my outlook Archive.PST file on to a removable > storage > media. While backing up I am getting a message 'can not handle this type ...

reply's arrive but w/o typed text
I have an on/off again problem when replying to and forwarding emails. Half of the time recipients will get an email that doesn't have any of the text I typed. I'll then check my sent items and the email will be sitting without any of the text i just typed. ...