IE 8 Won't Launch

I've been using IE8 for some time and I run the Windows Update on a regular
basis to keep my system up to date.  I just encountered an issue where IE
would not launch and was forced to uninstall and then reinstall IE8.  I have
not installed any new software or updates since the last successful launch
and use of IE8 so I'm unsure what caused the issue.  IE8 would not return an
error - it just would not launch.  I shut down and restarted my system and
still could not get IE8 to launch.

I was wondering if anyone else has seen this issue and reported it.  I
wanted to make sure that you were aware of the potential issue and could look
into this.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=80fec712-040f-4fc1-b3ce-b4fa9d62cfb2&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

How is this a suggestion for Microsoft?

Without telling us what version of Windows you have (including the
service pack number, if applicable) no one can give you accurate
assistance. Here are generic suggestions:

Do you have the same experience when you start Internet Explorer from
the 'no add-ons' icon?

Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

If you have Vista or 7: Start > type Internet Explorer in the Start
Search box > click Internet Explorer (No Add-Ons)

Do you have the same experience after you have reset Internet Explorer
settings?

"How to Reset Internet Explorer Settings"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Daniel wrote:
> I've been using IE8 for some time and I run the Windows Update on a regular
> basis to keep my system up to date.  I just encountered an issue where IE
> would not launch and was forced to uninstall and then reinstall IE8.  I have
> not installed any new software or updates since the last successful launch
> and use of IE8 so I'm unsure what caused the issue.  IE8 would not return an
> error - it just would not launch.  I shut down and restarted my system and
> still could not get IE8 to launch.
>
> I was wondering if anyone else has seen this issue and reported it.  I
> wanted to make sure that you were aware of the potential issue and could look
> into this.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=80fec712-040f-4fc1-b3ce-b4fa9d62cfb2&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general
0
Leonard

How can I keep my daughter (age 8) from opening my emails on the same computer, same Outlook?
How can I keep my daughter (age 8) from opening my emails on the same computer, same Outlook? Don Smith wrote: > How can I keep my daughter (age 8) from opening my emails on the same > computer, same Outlook? 1. Lock the screen 2. Password-protect your pst file 3. An eight year old should NEVER be using an internet-connected computer unsupervised. Indeed. Even my very responsible 17-year-old was denied a LAN drop in = her bedroom. Instead, she has her own drop in a corner of the = kitchen/family room that everyone passes by and is used to being asked = what she's doing while she&...

cant view columns ie A B C D..
This is driving me nuts but I am sure it's an easy setting, I cant see to view the top of my spreadsheet to see the excel column names ie A C Sorry for being thic -- beatrice2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- beatrice25's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3450 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55476 Hi, Can you see the row numbers? If not then try Tools -> Options -> View and under Windows Options maybe you have to tjeck-mark the Row & Column Headers. Regar...

Reminders #8
How can I assign 'placement' of reminders on my screen; instead of them popping up on top area of screen, we want them to pop-up at the bottom. Can anyone assist with this answer? ...

IE Error using New Record Button to create Account or Contact
currently, the only place I can successfully use New Record button to create a new Account or Record is when I'm in Activities. If any Accounts or Contacts are in active view, and I click on New Record, Account, IE gives out a general error and shuts down. This is happening in multiple computers in my company. Is this a design bug? ------=_NextPart_0001_2CA37D80 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <Winnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > currently, the only place I can successfully use New Record button to create > a new Account or Record is ...

Explorer 8 & Outlook Web access-Crashes
I installed Windows 7 and Explorer 8 on 3 computers at our small non-profit. Mostly, it worked fine. However, when someone tried to use email offsite, with Outlook web access, we couldn't type in the body of the email. Then I discovered the instructions to: Under Options: "Click here to install the S/MIME Control" I did that. It fixed the first problem. I can now type in the body of an email message. However, when I click "Send," it crashes. Gives error: "Internet Explorer has stopped working" No error code. Using Windows 7, Internet Expl...

Convert UTF-16 Unicode to UTF-8 Unicode?
If I save an Excel file as "Unicode Text" (xlUnicodeText), I get a tab- delimited UTF-16 (also known as UTF-7) unicode file. How can I convert it to UTF-8? I've been doing the conversion by automating Word from Excel: Const WORD_TEXT_FORMAT As Long = 2 'FileFormat:=wdFormatText Const WORD_UTF8_ENCODING As Long = 65001 'Encoding:=65001 ObjWordDoc.SaveAs _ Filename:="save as UTF-8.txt", _ FileFormat:=WORD_TEXT_FORMAT, _ Encoding:=WORD_UTF8_ENCODING However, now I need to convert from UTF-16 to UTF-8 on computers that may not ha...

Money03 suddenly won't launch
I've been using Money 2003 Deluxe on my Win98SE machine for nearly 3 years with no problem (other than not being able to archive). But just a few minutes ago I tried to run the program and repeatedly got the following error dialog box: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error! Program: (MS$ path) abnormal program termination" I should note that the same error box appeared after inserting the Money CD into the drive. Money was running fine as recently as yesterday, and the only thing I've done since then is update my ZoneAlarm firewall. (Turning ZA & all o...

Outlook 2003 question #8
I am running Outlook 2003 as a POP3 / SMTP client. Is it possible for me to tell Outlook I want it to run AutoArchive every morning at 8AM? TIA You can tell it to AutoArchive every day but you can't specify the time. You could create a script that does that using something like AutoHotkey and schedule the script. (http://www.autohotkey.com). -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm "Keith Wheeler" <kwheeler@triunetechaz.com> wrote in message news:eaAahH88HHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP03....

=?Utf-8?Q?Gr=C3=A1fico_de_Tabela_Din=C3=A2mica?=
olá, estou trabalhando no desenvolvimento de um projeto BI e preciso de uma ajuda. tenho que criar um gráfico baseado em uma tablea dinâmica, mas não quero selecionar todos os campos. é possível criar um gráfico sem ter que selecionar todas as colunas da tabela dinâmica e sem removê-los da mesma ? grato, levogiro Ola! www.contextures.com (Excel Tips > Dynamic ranges) Boa tarde Alf -- AlfD ------------------------------------------------------------------------ AlfD's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&...

HP 2400dtn printer
Our client had planned to use the HP LaserJet 2300, however it has reached end-of-life with HP. The replacement in the same price range is the HP LaserJet 2400. It has been out for a little while, but I noticed it had not been added to the list of offically supported printers. How often is the list updated? Is the HP LaserJet 2400 scheduled to be tested? added? did it fail? Anyone using one today? Our client will be buying 12 of them at once (their current printers are NOT compliant) so they want to buy something that works. If we have to, we'll have them buy one and test the m...

=?Utf-8?Q?=C2=BFcomo_quito_la_proteccion_de_un_?= =?Utf-8?Q?libro=3F?=
por favor que alguien me ayude necesito desactivar la proteccion de un libro por que necesito modificar unos datos pero todas las opciones estan desabilitadas Diana -- Perdone mi espanol pobre -- se me hace 30 anos que no he hablado. La proteccion fue activizada por la persona que construyo el libro, o hizo las modificaciones ultimas. Se necesita una "password" (palabra secreta) para activizarla. Usted la tiene que aprender de ese persona. Despues, click "Tools", y "Protection", y "Unprotect Workbook". Entre la palabra secreta, y estara lis...

RMS limit the cashier to certain tender types, ie no cash sales
RMS should allow some cashiers the right to tender all sale accept cash tender type. If a customers would like to pay with cash that cashier can (F9) secure and let a cashier with that cash tender type sign on and finish the transaction. This will limit the number of cashiers that handle cash and/or open the cash draw. RMS Version 1.2.0180 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this...

Cannot launch Outlook
I am having the exact same problem - with installation of Enterprise - with Outlook. Could you please be more specific about where I can find the "Mail Applet" and the steps I need to follow? I have been trying to correct this problem all day with no luck. (I have a new pc and have tried to get it up and running - with Outlook being the main problem. OS is Windows 7.) "DL" wrote: > Use the Mail Applet in the Control Panel to correctly configure the > connection > > BTW What does installed Outlook & part of Office 2007 mean, you cannot mix ...

Crystal Reports Runtime 8.5 vs. 9.2
Our application installs and uses CR 9.2 files. Afterwards a 3rd party app relying 8.5 CR no longer works. Reinstall that app and then ours doesn't work. Reinstall ours and then that app doesn't work. And so on... Are one of these applications installing\using CR improperly or is it impossible to run 8.5 and 9.2 side-by-side? Shouldn't app coded against 8.5 work if the runtime is upped to 9.2? ...

Google Redirect Malware IE 8
I am having a very difficult time with Google Redirect Malware. When I do a Google search and then click on one of the resulting articles I am taken to a completely unrelated website. Fortunately my Antivirus software blocks that website but it is a real pain to not be able to visit these sites by clicking on the link. I have tried all of the malware removal programs I know of but none have found the source of this problem. I have tried Malwarebytes; Adaware; Spybot; MS Security Essentials; Trend Micro Internet Security . . . all with no results. Any ideas on other places ...

Queues #8
I have just built a new Exchange Cluster with 7 Mailbox Stores. When i look in the queue viewer there is a queue with the name of each mail store proceeded with SMTP (smtp Mailstore name). This is true for all of my mail stores except for one. It only has the Mailstore name, and is in a scheduled state. Has anyone ever seen this before? Thanks ...

How do you launch 2 instances of outlook?
XP/2003 One user wants to have email and calendar open simultaneously - he cannot launch both programs. If you click on one the other minimizes. Is there a way? "Crimson" <dfafda@dakfjldas.com> wrote in message news:eKsWhVhmHHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > XP/2003 > > One user wants to have email and calendar open simultaneously - he cannot > launch both programs. If you click on one the other minimizes. Is there a > way? > > Open Outlook - right-click on Calendar, choose "Open in New Window" HTH Thanks! "Gordon" <gbplinu...

Outlook Web Access on Exchange 2000 doesnt work remotely in IE
I cannot access OWA using IE when trying to access it remotely. I have tried the suggestions in KB 327843 and made no progress. When I access OWA remotely I am asked to login and get a page cannot be displayed error immediately. However if I use another browser(ie. Mozilla Firefox) when I log in the site comes right up. We do have a linux box proxying webmail but up until recently all has been working very well. Anyone have any thoughts? Derek Try checking your language settings in IE. Make sure you have English-US in there. "Derek Schauland" wrote: > I cannot ac...

=?Utf-8?Q?Why_doesn=C2=B4t_Excel_compress_all_p?= =?Utf-8?Q?ictures=3F?=
I use Excel 2007 and have many pictures in that workbook. Apparently it would be enough not to tick the tickbox "selected pictures only" in the compress dialog box in order to have all pictures compressed. However, it doesn´t work. I can only reduce the file when I select all pictures (which is very time consuming) and use the tick box "selected pictures only". That doesn´t make sense to me. Does anyone know why? Kind regards Nicole ...

Printing Page 1/2 and 7/8 of Article
How do I print page 1&2 and 7&8 of a booklet. I had to make some changes to the first page so I need to reprint the pages. Print,tick pages from: 1 to: 2, click no. This is for a duplex unit. To print 1+8, click current page, click no. Turn the page over. On the menu, view, clear two-page spread, go to page 2, print current page, click no. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Angie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32a401c4aba2$0af0c760$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How ...

sending links via IE
using outlook 2003, when I try to send a link via e-mail, I get a message saying Outlook decided the link is questionable, so it will prevent me from sending it. how can I avoid this? Charles <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > using outlook 2003, when I try to send a link via e-mail, > I get a message saying Outlook decided the link is > questionable, so it will prevent me from sending it. how > can I avoid this? Send the URL in a plain tesxt message. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian...

SBM 8.0
About mid June the application stopped allowing any user from running the trial balance report. Any ideas ? E, Any error messages? You may want to post this in the public.small business manager ng. Matt "eminolivier" <eminolivier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08032E37-1D42-4C67-A0EB-32E4A0B584A1@microsoft.com... > About mid June the application stopped allowing any user from running the > trial balance report. Any ideas ? > No error msgs is whats strange. The report comes up empty. Indexs have been rebuilt without error. How do I po...

Make IE default browser when clicking link
I have intenet links in an excel spreadsheet. When I click on them Netscape starts to that link. I want to change this so IE starts... How do I do this?? Thanks... There's a setting you can toggle. One way to get to it is: Start MSInternet Explorer Tools|Internet options|Programs tab At the bottom of that dialog is a checkbox asking if MSIE should check to see if it's the default browser. Check it. Then close MSIE and restart it (you may not have to do this, but it won't hurt). Then you'll be asked if MSIE should be the default brower. Answer yes. Then test it out in ...

Multiple sheets when launching Excel
When opening Excel (version in SB 2000), about 20 unknown sheets open rapidly, and then an message prompts, about an unrecognizable format. After replying to the message, it opens several more sheets, and eventually lets you open a worksheet. Just about all of the sheets are unreadable, as they look like machine language. I assume this is some type of virus contained to Excel, but have not found anything to confirm. Has anyone seen anything like this? If so, can you point me in the right direction for solving this issue. Thanks. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Me...

EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know #14
EARN $ 1,434,892.8 BY E-GOLD (GUARANTEED!!) All you need is 3 People You know Hello every body , im be glad to introduce one of the best MLM for every body who wants to explod his/her earning with very simple steps and incredible situation! JUST IMAGINE...... If you achieve only 10% success you will still make $ 143,489.28 If you achieve only 1% success you will still make $ 14,348.928 But If we trust to each other and be serious, reaching to $ 1,434,892.8 is not seem so far,just three or four weeks!! The whole works that you should do : 1) You should open an e-gold account ,th...