IE 8 has stopped working

The actual message is:
Internet Explorer has stopped working
Windows can check online... etc.

In fact, I cannot see any evidence of IE having stopped working, but this 
message pops up frequently.  OS: Vista SP2

The details of the stopped working message are:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:	APPCRASH
  Application Name:	iexplore.exe
  Application Version:	8.0.6001.18882
  Application Timestamp:	4b3ed243
  Fault Module Name:	ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version:	6.0.6002.18005
  Fault Module Timestamp:	49e03821
  Exception Code:	c0000005
  Exception Offset:	00066739
  OS Version:	6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.6
  Locale ID:	4105
 
Although it is not fatal, the periodic appearance of this message is highly 
annoying.
Any suggestions are welcome (yes, I know, switch away from Vista!)
0
Utf
1/31/2010 9:55:16 PM
internetexplorer.general 1684 articles. 0 followers. Follow

6 Replies
1699 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 10

Hi,

That's Automatic Crash Recovery. See Start>Control Panel>Problem Reports and 
Solutions.

Do you have the latest version of the Google Toolbar installed? (6+) 
Download and install v6+ from toolbar.google.com
(ntdll.dll errors are associated with an incorrect GTB version)


Also try running IE in noAddons mode to test for other incompatible Addons.

Regards.

"The Fox0408" <The Fox0408@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:98699EA9-270B-43B2-B509-110C9D75A49D@microsoft.com...
> The actual message is:
> Internet Explorer has stopped working
> Windows can check online... etc.
>
> In fact, I cannot see any evidence of IE having stopped working, but this
> message pops up frequently.  OS: Vista SP2
>
> The details of the stopped working message are:
>
> Problem signature:
>  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>  Application Name: iexplore.exe
>  Application Version: 8.0.6001.18882
>  Application Timestamp: 4b3ed243
>  Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
>  Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
>  Fault Module Timestamp: 49e03821
>  Exception Code: c0000005
>  Exception Offset: 00066739
>  OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.6
>  Locale ID: 4105
>
> Although it is not fatal, the periodic appearance of this message is 
> highly
> annoying.
> Any suggestions are welcome (yes, I know, switch away from Vista!)
> 
0
rob
1/31/2010 10:19:39 PM
Thanks Rob,
According to the list of installed software, I had the Google Toolbar 
installed.  When I clicked on it in the list (Control Panel -->Programs and 
Features) it did not give me the option of changing.  It disappeared from the 
list.  I think I will leave it off and see what happens to IE.

Again, many thanks for speedy response.

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi,
> 
> That's Automatic Crash Recovery. See Start>Control Panel>Problem Reports and 
> Solutions.
> 
> Do you have the latest version of the Google Toolbar installed? (6+) 
> Download and install v6+ from toolbar.google.com
> (ntdll.dll errors are associated with an incorrect GTB version)
> 
> 
> Also try running IE in noAddons mode to test for other incompatible Addons.
> 
> Regards.
> 
> "The Fox0408" <The Fox0408@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:98699EA9-270B-43B2-B509-110C9D75A49D@microsoft.com...
> > The actual message is:
> > Internet Explorer has stopped working
> > Windows can check online... etc.
> >
> > In fact, I cannot see any evidence of IE having stopped working, but this
> > message pops up frequently.  OS: Vista SP2
> >
> > The details of the stopped working message are:
> >
> > Problem signature:
> >  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> >  Application Name: iexplore.exe
> >  Application Version: 8.0.6001.18882
> >  Application Timestamp: 4b3ed243
> >  Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
> >  Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
> >  Fault Module Timestamp: 49e03821
> >  Exception Code: c0000005
> >  Exception Offset: 00066739
> >  OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.6
> >  Locale ID: 4105
> >
> > Although it is not fatal, the periodic appearance of this message is 
> > highly
> > annoying.
> > Any suggestions are welcome (yes, I know, switch away from Vista!)
> > 
0
Utf
1/31/2010 10:51:01 PM
Hi Fox,

That may be a symptom of an old version of the GTB... seen about a year ago 
when IE8 was first released to the web.


Viz. When you start IE8 normally all of your IE Addons are disabled, even 
though the Addons Manager shows them to be enabled.

To fix this version of the GTB you must

Uninstall the GTB.

Reboot your machine. (!important)

Then goto toolbar.google.com and install the latest version if you want to.

The Win7 Troubleshooters are pretty good, they should detect which Addons 
you need to uninstall or upgrade.

<wink>

Regards.

"The Fox0408" <TheFox0408@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:AEE899F3-6BCC-482E-8945-18DD43399328@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Rob,
> According to the list of installed software, I had the Google Toolbar
> installed.  When I clicked on it in the list (Control Panel -->Programs 
> and
> Features) it did not give me the option of changing.  It disappeared from 
> the
> list.  I think I will leave it off and see what happens to IE.
>
> Again, many thanks for speedy response.
>
> "rob^_^" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> That's Automatic Crash Recovery. See Start>Control Panel>Problem Reports 
>> and
>> Solutions.
>>
>> Do you have the latest version of the Google Toolbar installed? (6+)
>> Download and install v6+ from toolbar.google.com
>> (ntdll.dll errors are associated with an incorrect GTB version)
>>
>>
>> Also try running IE in noAddons mode to test for other incompatible 
>> Addons.
>>
>> Regards.
>>
>> "The Fox0408" <The Fox0408@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:98699EA9-270B-43B2-B509-110C9D75A49D@microsoft.com...
>> > The actual message is:
>> > Internet Explorer has stopped working
>> > Windows can check online... etc.
>> >
>> > In fact, I cannot see any evidence of IE having stopped working, but 
>> > this
>> > message pops up frequently.  OS: Vista SP2
>> >
>> > The details of the stopped working message are:
>> >
>> > Problem signature:
>> >  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>> >  Application Name: iexplore.exe
>> >  Application Version: 8.0.6001.18882
>> >  Application Timestamp: 4b3ed243
>> >  Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
>> >  Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
>> >  Fault Module Timestamp: 49e03821
>> >  Exception Code: c0000005
>> >  Exception Offset: 00066739
>> >  OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.6
>> >  Locale ID: 4105
>> >
>> > Although it is not fatal, the periodic appearance of this message is
>> > highly
>> > annoying.
>> > Any suggestions are welcome (yes, I know, switch away from Vista!)
>> >
> 
0
rob
1/31/2010 11:22:10 PM
Rob, again, many thanks.
GTB is uninstalled (I assume so, since it does not show up on the list of 
programs and features).  I have restarted the machine.  I will not install 
GTB (do not see much use for it).  I shall see if the IE "abort" re-occurs, 
it seems to have been happening randomly.

On three other PCs we are using XP, this is the only Vista Business.  I 
shall look at slowly moving to 7.

Cheers

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi Fox,
> 
> That may be a symptom of an old version of the GTB... seen about a year ago 
> when IE8 was first released to the web.
> 
> 
> Viz. When you start IE8 normally all of your IE Addons are disabled, even 
> though the Addons Manager shows them to be enabled.
> 
> To fix this version of the GTB you must
> 
> Uninstall the GTB.
> 
> Reboot your machine. (!important)
> 
> Then goto toolbar.google.com and install the latest version if you want to.
> 
> The Win7 Troubleshooters are pretty good, they should detect which Addons 
> you need to uninstall or upgrade.
> 
> <wink>
> 
> Regards.
> 
> "The Fox0408" <TheFox0408@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:AEE899F3-6BCC-482E-8945-18DD43399328@microsoft.com...
> > Thanks Rob,
> > According to the list of installed software, I had the Google Toolbar
> > installed.  When I clicked on it in the list (Control Panel -->Programs 
> > and
> > Features) it did not give me the option of changing.  It disappeared from 
> > the
> > list.  I think I will leave it off and see what happens to IE.
> >
> > Again, many thanks for speedy response.
> >
> > "rob^_^" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> That's Automatic Crash Recovery. See Start>Control Panel>Problem Reports 
> >> and
> >> Solutions.
> >>
> >> Do you have the latest version of the Google Toolbar installed? (6+)
> >> Download and install v6+ from toolbar.google.com
> >> (ntdll.dll errors are associated with an incorrect GTB version)
> >>
> >>
> >> Also try running IE in noAddons mode to test for other incompatible 
> >> Addons.
> >>
> >> Regards.
> >>
> >> "The Fox0408" <The Fox0408@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:98699EA9-270B-43B2-B509-110C9D75A49D@microsoft.com...
> >> > The actual message is:
> >> > Internet Explorer has stopped working
> >> > Windows can check online... etc.
> >> >
> >> > In fact, I cannot see any evidence of IE having stopped working, but 
> >> > this
> >> > message pops up frequently.  OS: Vista SP2
> >> >
> >> > The details of the stopped working message are:
> >> >
> >> > Problem signature:
> >> >  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> >> >  Application Name: iexplore.exe
> >> >  Application Version: 8.0.6001.18882
> >> >  Application Timestamp: 4b3ed243
> >> >  Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
> >> >  Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
> >> >  Fault Module Timestamp: 49e03821
> >> >  Exception Code: c0000005
> >> >  Exception Offset: 00066739
> >> >  OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.6
> >> >  Locale ID: 4105
> >> >
> >> > Although it is not fatal, the periodic appearance of this message is
> >> > highly
> >> > annoying.
> >> > Any suggestions are welcome (yes, I know, switch away from Vista!)
> >> >
> > 
0
Utf
2/1/2010 4:23:01 PM
Rob,
If you are still following this thread:
The IE has stopped working message still comes up periodically, but not as 
often as before.  I do not have GTB installed.  I have now disabled McAfee's 
scriptproxy add-on.  Other add-ons enabled are McAfee's site advisor, Skype, 
Flash, Adobe pdf.  Nothing particularly odd or unique.

I apprecaite any other suggestions that you may have
Regards

"The Fox0408" wrote:

> Rob, again, many thanks.
> GTB is uninstalled (I assume so, since it does not show up on the list of 
> programs and features).  I have restarted the machine.  I will not install 
> GTB (do not see much use for it).  I shall see if the IE "abort" re-occurs, 
> it seems to have been happening randomly.
> 
> On three other PCs we are using XP, this is the only Vista Business.  I 
> shall look at slowly moving to 7.
> 
> Cheers
> 
> "rob^_^" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Fox,
> > 
> > That may be a symptom of an old version of the GTB... seen about a year ago 
> > when IE8 was first released to the web.
> > 
> > 
> > Viz. When you start IE8 normally all of your IE Addons are disabled, even 
> > though the Addons Manager shows them to be enabled.
> > 
> > To fix this version of the GTB you must
> > 
> > Uninstall the GTB.
> > 
> > Reboot your machine. (!important)
> > 
> > Then goto toolbar.google.com and install the latest version if you want to.
> > 
> > The Win7 Troubleshooters are pretty good, they should detect which Addons 
> > you need to uninstall or upgrade.
> > 
> > <wink>
> > 
> > Regards.
> > 
> > "The Fox0408" <TheFox0408@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:AEE899F3-6BCC-482E-8945-18DD43399328@microsoft.com...
> > > Thanks Rob,
> > > According to the list of installed software, I had the Google Toolbar
> > > installed.  When I clicked on it in the list (Control Panel -->Programs 
> > > and
> > > Features) it did not give me the option of changing.  It disappeared from 
> > > the
> > > list.  I think I will leave it off and see what happens to IE.
> > >
> > > Again, many thanks for speedy response.
> > >
> > > "rob^_^" wrote:
> > >
> > >> Hi,
> > >>
> > >> That's Automatic Crash Recovery. See Start>Control Panel>Problem Reports 
> > >> and
> > >> Solutions.
> > >>
> > >> Do you have the latest version of the Google Toolbar installed? (6+)
> > >> Download and install v6+ from toolbar.google.com
> > >> (ntdll.dll errors are associated with an incorrect GTB version)
> > >>
> > >>
> > >> Also try running IE in noAddons mode to test for other incompatible 
> > >> Addons.
> > >>
> > >> Regards.
> > >>
> > >> "The Fox0408" <The Fox0408@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >> news:98699EA9-270B-43B2-B509-110C9D75A49D@microsoft.com...
> > >> > The actual message is:
> > >> > Internet Explorer has stopped working
> > >> > Windows can check online... etc.
> > >> >
> > >> > In fact, I cannot see any evidence of IE having stopped working, but 
> > >> > this
> > >> > message pops up frequently.  OS: Vista SP2
> > >> >
> > >> > The details of the stopped working message are:
> > >> >
> > >> > Problem signature:
> > >> >  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
> > >> >  Application Name: iexplore.exe
> > >> >  Application Version: 8.0.6001.18882
> > >> >  Application Timestamp: 4b3ed243
> > >> >  Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
> > >> >  Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
> > >> >  Fault Module Timestamp: 49e03821
> > >> >  Exception Code: c0000005
> > >> >  Exception Offset: 00066739
> > >> >  OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.6
> > >> >  Locale ID: 4105
> > >> >
> > >> > Although it is not fatal, the periodic appearance of this message is
> > >> > highly
> > >> > annoying.
> > >> > Any suggestions are welcome (yes, I know, switch away from Vista!)
> > >> >
> > > 
0
Utf
2/2/2010 4:22:04 PM
Hi,

Skype may also need to be upgraded.

Regards.

"The Fox0408" <TheFox0408@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:1200139C-955C-4E59-B440-E1C77A6D3E4C@microsoft.com...
> Rob,
> If you are still following this thread:
> The IE has stopped working message still comes up periodically, but not as
> often as before.  I do not have GTB installed.  I have now disabled 
> McAfee's
> scriptproxy add-on.  Other add-ons enabled are McAfee's site advisor, 
> Skype,
> Flash, Adobe pdf.  Nothing particularly odd or unique.
>
> I apprecaite any other suggestions that you may have
> Regards
>
> "The Fox0408" wrote:
>
>> Rob, again, many thanks.
>> GTB is uninstalled (I assume so, since it does not show up on the list of
>> programs and features).  I have restarted the machine.  I will not 
>> install
>> GTB (do not see much use for it).  I shall see if the IE "abort" 
>> re-occurs,
>> it seems to have been happening randomly.
>>
>> On three other PCs we are using XP, this is the only Vista Business.  I
>> shall look at slowly moving to 7.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> "rob^_^" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi Fox,
>> >
>> > That may be a symptom of an old version of the GTB... seen about a year 
>> > ago
>> > when IE8 was first released to the web.
>> >
>> >
>> > Viz. When you start IE8 normally all of your IE Addons are disabled, 
>> > even
>> > though the Addons Manager shows them to be enabled.
>> >
>> > To fix this version of the GTB you must
>> >
>> > Uninstall the GTB.
>> >
>> > Reboot your machine. (!important)
>> >
>> > Then goto toolbar.google.com and install the latest version if you want 
>> > to.
>> >
>> > The Win7 Troubleshooters are pretty good, they should detect which 
>> > Addons
>> > you need to uninstall or upgrade.
>> >
>> > <wink>
>> >
>> > Regards.
>> >
>> > "The Fox0408" <TheFox0408@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > news:AEE899F3-6BCC-482E-8945-18DD43399328@microsoft.com...
>> > > Thanks Rob,
>> > > According to the list of installed software, I had the Google Toolbar
>> > > installed.  When I clicked on it in the list (Control 
>> > > Panel -->Programs
>> > > and
>> > > Features) it did not give me the option of changing.  It disappeared 
>> > > from
>> > > the
>> > > list.  I think I will leave it off and see what happens to IE.
>> > >
>> > > Again, many thanks for speedy response.
>> > >
>> > > "rob^_^" wrote:
>> > >
>> > >> Hi,
>> > >>
>> > >> That's Automatic Crash Recovery. See Start>Control Panel>Problem 
>> > >> Reports
>> > >> and
>> > >> Solutions.
>> > >>
>> > >> Do you have the latest version of the Google Toolbar installed? (6+)
>> > >> Download and install v6+ from toolbar.google.com
>> > >> (ntdll.dll errors are associated with an incorrect GTB version)
>> > >>
>> > >>
>> > >> Also try running IE in noAddons mode to test for other incompatible
>> > >> Addons.
>> > >>
>> > >> Regards.
>> > >>
>> > >> "The Fox0408" <The Fox0408@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in 
>> > >> message
>> > >> news:98699EA9-270B-43B2-B509-110C9D75A49D@microsoft.com...
>> > >> > The actual message is:
>> > >> > Internet Explorer has stopped working
>> > >> > Windows can check online... etc.
>> > >> >
>> > >> > In fact, I cannot see any evidence of IE having stopped working, 
>> > >> > but
>> > >> > this
>> > >> > message pops up frequently.  OS: Vista SP2
>> > >> >
>> > >> > The details of the stopped working message are:
>> > >> >
>> > >> > Problem signature:
>> > >> >  Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
>> > >> >  Application Name: iexplore.exe
>> > >> >  Application Version: 8.0.6001.18882
>> > >> >  Application Timestamp: 4b3ed243
>> > >> >  Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll
>> > >> >  Fault Module Version: 6.0.6002.18005
>> > >> >  Fault Module Timestamp: 49e03821
>> > >> >  Exception Code: c0000005
>> > >> >  Exception Offset: 00066739
>> > >> >  OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.256.6
>> > >> >  Locale ID: 4105
>> > >> >
>> > >> > Although it is not fatal, the periodic appearance of this message 
>> > >> > is
>> > >> > highly
>> > >> > annoying.
>> > >> > Any suggestions are welcome (yes, I know, switch away from Vista!)
>> > >> >
>> > >
> 
0
rob
2/2/2010 7:46:32 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

=?Utf-8?Q?I_want_to_change_an_online_templ?= =?Utf-8?Q?ate_to_read_in_=C2=A3's_not_$?=
I have downloaded a couple of accounting templates, but they read in $, i would like to read them in £'s - any suggestions. I have tried but the cells are locked and i'm no expert - pls advice I would say that 99% of the templates from the template gallery that have sheet protection enabled have no password so just go to Tools>Protection>Unprotect Sheet. The re-format as you wish. Some cells may have data validation rules so you have to alter those if need be. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Sat, 12 May 2007 17:21:00 -0700, Rummy <Rummy@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Outlook profiles #8
I am using Exchange 2003 with an Active directory domain. is it possible for the users email profiles to setup automatically with out the welcome setup appearing for each user o the first open. any help on this would be great. Configure a prf-file to automatically configure a mail profile. For more info see the Office Resource Kit. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Gaz" <Gaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

I need to C&P a section of Excel to Word but I need to get it to fit on a standard 8.5x11!
Is there a way to make this happen? The sections that I need to C&P are all the columns are 14 wide and the rows are 40, 41,44 and 65. How do I get these to fit on the page? Marc Marc wrote: > Is there a way to make this happen? The sections that I need to C&P are all > the columns are 14 wide and the rows are 40, 41,44 and 65. How do I get > these to fit on the page? > > Marc > > Smaller font, cut margins to the minimum, print landscape Print Preview > shrink to fit, are all options just depends on how wide the fields are. It just may be to big to fit ...

Modeless dialog in IE through ATL/COM dll
Hello, I am creating a ATL/COM component(dll) which adds the context menu in IE. After clicking on that menu it calls annother ATL/COM componet which shows the Modeless HTML dialog box. The problem is everything opens fine but suppose when i right click conext menu and that opens the other HTML Modeless dialog. as it is Modeless I can also click on IE's any web page. When i click on any link it open another instance of IE. And when I closes that 2nd intance of IE i got exception of memory in my dll workspace. [Unhandled exception at 0x777849cc in iexplore.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violatio...

Internet Explorer 8 Scrolls to bottom
I am running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Anytime I open a link in a new tab, it scrolls if not to the bottom of the page, then at least half way. It's annoying. What causes that scrolling and, more importantly, how do I fix it so it won't scroll? Ed Hi, Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the desktop. Choose Start without add-ons. or from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no add-ons) If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed. For troubleshooting i...

leading zeros #8
I am creating a column of passwords some of which need to begin with a zero. When I move to a new cell it automatically drops the initial zero and is making my 4 digit password 3 numbers. Is tehre a way to keep it set as a number not text and still elt it hold the inital 0? I am using Excel 2002. Thanks thanks. that worked. "Sloth" wrote: > use a custom number format of 0000 > > "P. Zicari" wrote: > > > I am creating a column of passwords some of which need to begin with a zero. > > When I move to a new cell it automatically drops the ...

blank two fold 8 1/2 x 14 brochure templates
where can I find a download for a tw 0r three fold blank 8 1/2 x 14 brochure template It is a simple page setup. Setup your printer for legal stock and then your page. In the arrange menu select two or three columns. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "kawika" <kawika@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E99D8D0A-E6C8-48A2-A5AF-C5B6E365219C@microsoft.com... > where can I find a download for a tw 0r three fold blank 8 1/2 x 14 brochure > template ...

Stop outgoing email from 1 user
I am running Exchange 2003 am wondering if I can stop/cancel outgoing email for one user. I have restricted users to a send size of 2MB. They can send to 10 receipiants. But I have seen users send email with video attachments to 10 people which totals an upload to the internet of 20 MB which is slowing down the download bandwidth for all users on the internet. I monitor the bandwidth and can see who is causing the problem, so I would like to cancel their email upload. Is this possible? Kevin On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:25:02 -0700, Kevin <Kevin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I...

Y scale for P. ie when P$= 2, QD=10 & QS=3 P needs to be Y scale
I am trying to create a graph the compares Quantity Demanded and Supplied in relation to a particular price to find the equilibrium (intersection). The problem is, I have no idea how to make one row the Y scale in my graph. and the other two (QD and QS) the two line graphs which should intersect. For example at a price $0, the QD is 11 units and the QS is 0. At a price $ 4 the QD is 9 units and the QS is 3 units. So as price increases/decreases, demand and supply changes! Hi, Maybe Tushar Mehta's page can help you out. http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/supply_and_demand/ Cheers ...

OMA no longer works after SP1 on SBS
I installed SP1 on our SBS server last weekend and ecer since users cannot sync with the exchange server. I followed the complete directions for the SP1 install and didn't realize the problem until yesterday. I get a message stating: Your account does not have permision to sync with your current settings. Contact you MS exchange administrator... ... An error occurred and scheduled syncronization had to be disabled... ... error code: http_400. I have played with some of the permissions in iis and I seem to get it to work and then after a few minutes it goes back to this. Hope thi...

Why won't ADDRESS work nested inside SUMIF?
If I do this: =ADDRESS(4,MATCH(E37,A2:JW2,0)) I get: $L$4 If I do: =SUMIF(A3:JW3,"Units",ADDRESS(4,MATCH(E37,A2:JW2,0)):JW4) I get an error. However if I do: =SUMIF(A3:JW3,"Units",INDIRECT(G1):JW4) I get the answer I want. However, I'd prefer to not have a helper cell. Please help! Some lateral thoughts, with emphasis on resolving the core issues you raised in your other, earlier thread Let's say you have col data in groups of 3 cols, with headers in row2 (eg: Period1, Period2, etc), where each header is placed only in the l...

Can't get bar code font to work in EXCEL 2003
I have a simple formula that converts a part number to a 3 of 9 bar code font in Excel 2003. Works great on my computer but a co-worker, who also has Excel 2003, can't get this to work. On her PC it show the 3 of 9 font in the drop down box but in the cell it is not converting it to a bar code image. Any suggestions? Thanks, Tony Most likely the font is not installed properly... She needs to reinstall the font. It can be done through Control Panel -> Fonts if you have the font available. "Tony" wrote: > I have a simple formula that conve...

Office Outlook 2003 won't work!
I have tried every help program I could find and followed each step and still get this message when trying to send or receive email...."The operation failed. An object could not be found." That's it, then I click ok and its gone, try to send again and the same message comes back up. Its configured to my ISP comcast, I tried everything, any ideas anyone? Have you searched the Microsoft Knowledge Base for that error message? -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the ...

Custom Formatting #8
How to format into Engineering units instead of scientific units? -- Tony Reflinski Format Custom ##0.0E+0 -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Tony Reflinski" <tonyRef@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:6ED515EA-7A72-4A36-AD90-B850EF6C1200@microsoft.com... > How to format into Engineering units instead of scientific units? > -- > Tony Reflinski BRILLIANT, Thanks "Niek Otten" wrote: > Format Custom ##0.0E+0 > > -- > > Kind Regards, > > Niek Otten > > Microsoft MVP - Excel > > "Tony Re...

GPO doesn't work for specific OU
Hello, I created a new OU for a single Win 2003 Std R2 SP2 Term Server. I then right-clicked on the OU and chose "Create & Link a GPO here". Under "Links", I right-clicked on the OU and there are checks next to "Enforced" and "Link Enabled". I then edited the GP for the OU by right-clicking on the GPO and choosing "Edit". I did a test edit by going to: User Conf \ Admin Temp \ Start Menu and Taskbar and set "Remove Run Menu from Start Menu" to Enabled. It's not taking, and I can't seem to find the...

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project
Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project. Please send me an email to: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

Sigh.. Macro delay still not working
Hi all, I have this code implemented, which should prohibit the CDO_Send macr to run if it already ran 10 minutes ago.. However, somehow it currently does not trigger the macro at al anymore. Sometimes when i just opened the file and something changes i does trigger.., there is no logic behind it though. I've tried to mov the dlastsent line between the 'end if' at the bottom.. yet no matte what i do, it does not work. So now and then it (:s) also gives a type mismatch error in thi line: If myVals(iRow, iCol) = myRng.Cells(iRow, iCol) Then Cells in the range change through an ...

Working Offline with Risks & Issues
Hello, I'm loading project risks on to my sharepoint site and would really like the project managers to be able to update the status of these risk when they are offline (travelling around). I know that you can check a document out, update it offline and check it back in and while it's checked out no one else can update it. But is this possible for a risk? Thank you Elle I'm assuming your risk list is in a document library. If yes, then if someone checks out that document, others can view and take a copy of the document but they cannot over-write the the SP...

validation list became not working.
hi, i have an excel with lot of validation lists in severals sheets. while working with the excel i all the validation list in specific sheet became not working.the list are still defined in other sheet. but there is no option to select from the list... please help! thanks in advance.... -- Miri Tz. Do you mean that you have lost the drop-down arrow when you select the cell? If so, does typing an invalid value in still throw an error? -- --- HTH Bob (change the xxxx to gmail if mailing direct) "Miri" <miri.tzeelon@amdocs.com> wrote in message news:FABA720A-1F25-42...

How to stop Inbox autoarchive
Every time I connect to my account, all Inbox items get moved to my personal Inbox on the local drive in outlook 2003. I have tried to disable this feature through Tools and by right clicking on the Inbox and changing it through property but can't seem to stop the unwanted archiving. Please help if you think I may be missing something. TIA That is not "archiving". That is "mail delivery". I have never been on 2003 on an Exchange server, so bear with me. In 2000, it would have been Tools-Services, Mail Delivery tab, and choose to deliver to the exchange server, NOT the...

Pre-Filtering only works on first dataset
Since you can't connect one dataset to another one, it would be very helpful if prefiltering would work on all datasets in the report, not just the first one. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community...

Version 8 Upgrade Error on table POP10110
I am doing a test upgrade from Dynamics 7.0 to 8 on SQL 2000. I got an error upgrading the company data. The message is as follows: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'POLNEARY_9', table %COMPANY%.dbo.POP10110; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails. I have tried multiple times with no luck. Hi Did you perform a Great Plains Company Checklink before the upgrade? A Checklink for all series before the Upgrade is a BIG MUST. Review the Preparation steps in the Upgrade document. This document can be accessed from Great Plains CD1\Documentation and is called GreatPlains...

Send/Receive doesn't work until changing folders.
An Outlook 2000 client on WinXP w/ an Exchange 5.5 email server, new mail does not arrive in the inbox until the folder is changed, like from inbox to deleted items. Then all the new Email messages come into the inbox. Clicking on Send/Receive also retreives them. I though new messages automaticall go to the inbox on Exchange. ...

Filter web parts working with DataView web parts problem
Hello, I'm following the steps in the following article to connect a Filter web part to a DataView web part: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepointserver/HA102509971033.aspx I follow the steps exactly for a choice drop down, and pass that value to the DataView, but it then displays no data versus the filtered value passed in? I don't see any obvious errors, typos, has anyone got the Choice filter to work successfully with a DataView web part that displays SQL Server data?, maybe I have to use functions like trim() or substr to make sure there are no extra spac...

Macro slow (worked well until I upgraded my machine)
I am doing an iterative hide of columns that of all but ones which meet the day of the week criteria. The macro ran fine for years through the upgrade from 2003 to office 2007. I have just upgraded my machine to a more powerful machine and my macro now takes has increased processing time by 50 to 60 times for this iterative hide. I have noticed that machines that went through the office 2003 installation prior to 2007 still run it fine. Example dell latitude d620 that never had 2003 takes 2 to 3 minutes to complete. same type of laptop that did go through the pa...