IE 8 and Proxy Server

In IE6 it is simple to use a Proxy Server (for privacy purposes); however, it
can't be done in IE 7.

Is it possible to set a Proxy Server setting in IE 8 and if possible, how is
it done?

For complete information, pick the search engine of your choice (Google,
Yahoo, "Thing" etc.) and use this as your search term:

how to use a proxy server with internet explorer 8
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

ThomasT wrote:
> In IE6 it is simple to use a Proxy Server (for privacy purposes); however, it
> can't be done in IE 7.
>
> Is it possible to set a Proxy Server setting in IE 8 and if possible, how is
> it done?
0
Leonard
12/1/2009 5:00:52 PM
Of course you can, and curiously enough you do it the EXACT same way you do
with IE6.

"ThomasT" <ThomasT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In IE6 it is simple to use a Proxy Server (for privacy purposes); however,
> it
> can't be done in IE 7.
>
> Is it possible to set a Proxy Server setting in IE 8 and if possible, how
> is
> it done?

0
David

RPC over HTTP/S on Exchange 2003
I have been configuring my single server with exchange to use RPC over https I have followed the instructions in MS guide and another simplified guide at http://www.petri.co.il/configure_rpc_over_https_on_a_single_server.htm Server spec is: Server 2003 standard SP1, Exchange 2003 SP1, XP client SP2 with outlook 2003 sp2 The bottom line is that when testing from the WAN, the outlook client will not connect and say that the exchange server is unavailable. I have a lot of experience configuring rpc over http/s with sbs2003 but this is the first time for server 2003 standard. I have outlook ...

!!HELP!!! Cannot connect to Exchange Server from a RDP, ICA session or server local machine
Please excuse the posting as I wasn't sure which group to post this in. I'm having issues using Outlook from a server desktop, an RDP or ICA connection. I have remote users who connect using Citrix. They logon to the Citrix server desktop (Windows 2003 Server) and use Outlook from there. They can also use Outlook from within Citrix as it is a Published Application. I know some of you are going to suggest why don't they use OWA but let's not get into that. I can log onto any workstation here in the office and connect to the Exchange server and open their Outlook. What I and they...

You wont believe this! SERVER DOWN
I was helping the operations/it director to get RPC over HTTP going on their exchange server for a company I use to be the sys admin for. The ops/it director was doing the add/remove programs portion to add rpc over http there, somehow in the process of doing this he managed to uninstall IIS -or- just NNTP and SMTP (I can't figure out which and he claims he did neither). Long story short, I've reinstalled NNTP and SMTP, reconfigured SMTP to the best recollection I have of the previous config and the server still refuses to send/receive email, even internally. All services are s...

IE 7 and OWA to Exchange 2003
I installed the patch that solves the crash problem when sending a new message through OWA using IE 7. I restarted the machine but it didn't solve the problem. I still can't send mails. We're using Exchange 2003 standard with SP2 on Windows 2003 R2. Any thoughts ? Haim Beyhan "Haim Beyhan" <haimb@enigma.com> wrote: >I installed the patch that solves the crash problem when sending a new >message through OWA using IE 7. I restarted the machine but it didn't solve >the problem. I still can't send mails. >We're using Exchange 2003 sta...

Adding Contacts Folder as Address Book in Exchange Server
I am trying to add my contacts folder to my address book in Outlook XP and don't see the Tools, Options I used to see in Outlook 2000. How can I add this folder to my address book? Is that an option you can turn on or off for a profile in Exchange Server? Thanks!! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Right click on your Contacts folder, go to properties, outlook address book. Can you tick the box there? If not, go to tools, e-mail accounts, view/change address books, and make sure you have the Outlook Address Book option there. Then try right-clicking...

Setting Outlook settings to new server
We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. On Tue, 21 Nov 2006 11:15:01 -0800, Rich <Rich@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are in the process of moving mailboxes to a new server. Is there a utility >or ad policy to automatically configure outlook to point to the new exchange >server? Instead of manually configuring the users outlook profile. If you are moving the mailboxes in the same org vi...

Forced Removal of Failed Exchange 5.5 Server
A failing Exchange 5.5 infrastructure prompted a rapid migration to Exchange 2000. A mixed mode environment was created and all security principals and data was moved to the new servers before the old server failed. Exchange 2000 is functioning and about to be integrated into an Exchange 2003 environment. However, there is still a grayed-out reference to the now failed/non-existent Exchange 5.5 computer. How can this be resolved? You can delete the server object from ADSI Edit. ADSI edit comes with windows 2000/2003 support tools. Open ADSIEdit and navigate down to the servers lev...

URGENT: WINDOWS 8 ANNOUNCEMENT for July 2011!
Think Windows7 just came out & too young? Welcome to the brave future: Windows8! 1) Windows 8 To Contain New Anti-Ha*king Software (antipir*cy). Some may consider anti-pir*cy measures similar to whistling in the wind, but that's certainly not the case. George has posts in Windows7NewsDOTcom, and ConnectedInternet showing how in many cases Microsoft has foiled anti-pir*cy efforts. Many believe that piracy is relegated to just illegal copying or theft. But that is not the case. V*rus distribution and embedded malw*re, and privacy intrusion are typical features that result from...

How to develop a ie plugin?
Hi friends: I just want to develop a internet explorer plugin such as Flash player use MS vc++. But I even don't know how to begin.I search the Internet and find little info about this. pls give me some tip or some article. really appreicate Search for "Browser Helper Object' in msdn. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "L.J.S" <BcOnline2002@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Ovtgh9CvEHA.3872@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi friends: > I just want to develop a internet explorer plugin such as Flash pl...

we do not create seperate http virtual server anymore?
Hi all, Just want to confirm that we do not need to create the seperate http virtual server for FE/BE (backend two node A/P Exchange 2003 cluster), right? I remember I need to create it in Exchange 2000 FE/BE clustering envir. Thanks in advance. On Wed, 2 Aug 2006 11:44:26 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >Just want to confirm that we do not need to create the seperate http virtual >server for FE/BE (backend two node A/P Exchange 2003 cluster), right? I >remember I need to create it in Exchange 2000 FE/BE clustering envir. > >...

Crystal Report not found on File Repository Server
I recently upgraded our MSCRM server to a new server. We don't typically use the internal CRM reports, we have some custom ones created with PowerTrack that we primarily use. The CEO tried today though to open one of the canned MSCRM reports and got this error message. I tried the others and I get it on all of them. CrystalReportViewer File frs://Input/a_063/021/000/5439/6ac34043c58b1112.rpt not found on File Repository Server. I checked the input folder in c:\program files\crystal ent 9\filestore\input and it is empty. I would have copied them from the old server, but it is ...

Keyboard shortcut #8
I am using Excel 2002. I would like to create a keyboard shortcut that would allow me to Center align. The center icon is "&Center", but Alt C gives me "Clear Print Selection" I removed the "&" from in front of the clear print icon, but when I do an Alt C, nothing happens. Can I assign Alt C to the "Center" alignment button? If so, how? Thanks Siege Tools, Customize, R-click the Center align button, select "Image and Text" instead of "Default style". It should now work for you. Tonso wrote: > I am using Excel 2002. I ...

Terminal Servers in Cluster - Login/Profile Issues
Hello Gurus, Currently I am having an issue with logins and profiles as per details below. Server/Network Configuration Details: 1 X Windows Server 2008 Std FE 64bit (DC) 2 X Windows Server 2008 Ent 32bit Terminal Servers User Profiles are Roaming and exist in: \\SBSERVER\Profiles on the Domain Controller and C:\Users\ on the Terminal Servers. Approx 50 users. Problem Description Error messages when logging in the terminal servers: Your roaming profile is not synchronized correctly with the server. Windows will load your previously-saved local profile instead. See the pre...

exchange 5.5 will not keep new server name.
We have exchange 5.5 in enviroment where windows server 2003 is setup along with active directory and active direcitory intergrated zone which is replicated to other servers. Problem: I enter the Exchange Server Name followed by the mailbox name then I select the button [CHECK NAME] In the exchange server name field after entering the new exchange server name the old exchange server name is displayed instead. This only happens in office 2003 professional and not in office 2000 professional "old exchange server name" How did you go about changing the name of the server...

Can I show server name instead of drive letter?
When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on where the server is mapped and not all users have the same mapping. Is this possible? Try using: \\ServerName\drive\... where ServerName is the name of the server and drive is the appropriate drive, and then find the file on the drive from that point. "bfant" wrote: > When using the =Cell("filename") function, I would like to show the actual > server instead of a drive letter because the letter is dependent on...

3rd party server for connection okay?
We had a network guy come in and try to configure our network - 3 stores and HQ in seperate locations. Because of our router and dsl configuration, vpn would not work. He set up an outside ip address (dnsdyn.org) in order to have the stores and HQ talk. Still not working! ARGH!!!!!!! In the store it shows a connection but then states invalid store id. The store id is correct. In the HQ client the address is the ip address of the outside source and the port? Anyone know why this isn't working and have any suggestions???? Thank you! Are you sure the Store ID is correct? Does the messa...

Volume License copy of Windows Server
Gurus, Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? -- Spin Start with Vista/Windows 2008, your options to activate are by Internet or Phone. I believe the command that kicks it off is: slui.exe 4 "Spin" <Spin@invalid.com> wrote in message news:84nk89Far1U1@mid.individual.net... > Gurus, > > Is there anyway anymore to get a full Volume License copy of Windows > Server (e.g., version 2008) which does NOT require Internet activation? > ...

IE 6/ActiveX assert in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305
Hello, I have a problem with an ActiveX inside a web page. A random ASSERT in CTLNOWND.CPP line 305 occours during a GetDC first call. It's seems wnd handle is still NULL (it begin valid immediatly after). If I retard calling putting a button in html page it work. CDC* COleControl::GetDC(LPCRECT lprcRect, DWORD dwFlags) { ASSERT((m_hWnd != NULL) || (m_bInPlaceSiteWndless && m_bInPlaceActive)); ..... This problem occours random (more times on faster machines and in release mode) and just on "init" time on my control. Probably my control does this operation in ...

Can't connect to Exchange server after VPN access
I can connect to my office Exchange server when in the office (LAN) but I cannot connect outside with Outlook. I can only use the webmail after entering a web VPN access: - First portal for VPN : https://xxx.yyy.com --> I enter my user_VPN/password_VPN - On the next web page, I have the choice for the webmail and it's a link as https://xxx.yyy.com/go/webmail.yyy.com~ssl where I can enter my user_mail/password_mail So I can't enter the url in RPC as every slash is forbidden In my Outlook, the Exchange server (EXC.yyy.com) is not reachable by ping (or tracert) and I can't ...

request for server licensing clarification
Is this correct about a Windows Server 2008 / 2003 mixed domain with a Windows Server 2008 R2 server with roles DC, AD, TS/RDS, DNS, DHCP?? Only devices that use RDS / Terminal Services in any way (e.g. a Citrix login via Citrix server) need TS/RDS CALs. Within the domain (we have only one domain) all devices that use any of the above-mentioned server roles/services (e.g. DNS, DHCP, etc.) require Server CALs. Hence one might generally have more server device CALs than RDS device CALs?? Thank you... On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 07:01:01 -0700 (PDT), tom12010 <tlyczko@gmail.com> w...

=?Utf-8?Q?Can=E2=80=99t_delete_e-mails_in_Queue?=
Hello, I am experiencing problems removing/deleting email from a queue. The sender is blank, these e-mails from an outgoing SMTP queue. I try to delete them and the Delete NDRs and Delete (no NDRs) are grayed out. Any ideas on how to delete them? The system is W2003 sp1, Exchange 2003 SP2 Thank you, ‘koz On Thu, 6 Jul 2006 13:43:01 -0700, koz <koz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello, > > > >I am experiencing problems removing/deleting email from a queue. The sender >is blank, these e-mails from an outgoing SMTP queue. I try to d...

Routing some outbound messages to a server on my network
I would like to have all outbound email messages go out to our ISP except for the ones addressed to any one @Unix.OurDomain.com It looks like I can set up Address spaces on two virtual servers to do that. The address space for the Unix server would be Unix.OurDomain.com but I don't know the syntax for the address space on the other server. Is this the right way to go about it? Lee Robinson On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 22:25:14 -0500, "Lee Robinson" <lee@robinson.net> wrote: >I would like to have all outbound email messages go out to our ISP except >for the ones addresse...

Move server between Admin Groups #2
We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move some exchange servers from one admin group to another. I know there is not a native way in Exchange 2003 to do this. Does anyone have ideas on how to accomplish this besides a swing server to the new Admin Group? Third party Software? Our environment is 2003 Forest functional and domain level. Exchange 2003 mixed mode. On Tue, 3 Jan 2006 14:16:23 -0500, "Tim Kalligonis" <tkalligonis@comcast.net> wrote: >We are going to be going through a reorganization soon and will need to move >so...