I.E 8 performance question

Is there anything that I can do to make my I.E 8 run faster? It takes about a
minute to load up my home page (google.ca) upon start-up; and when I click on
one of my bookmarked pages (on the toolbar) I.E's so slow at loading the
pages!

Another question.  When I click Add-Ons, a window pops open but I can't see
any of the add-ons (I can't scroll down or left/right to see the list;
everythings blocked off).  Anyway that I can fix this?

And what might your Operating System be and at what SP level. How much RAM and how
much empty space on HD

--
Peter

"gdawilson" <gdawilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anything that I can do to make my I.E 8 run faster? It takes about a
> minute to load up my home page (google.ca) upon start-up; and when I click on
> one of my bookmarked pages (on the toolbar) I.E's so slow at loading the
> pages!
>
> Another question.  When I click Add-Ons, a window pops open but I can't see
> any of the add-ons (I can't scroll down or left/right to see the list;
> everythings blocked off).  Anyway that I can fix this?

0
Peter
11/27/2009 2:13:50 AM
gdawilson wrote:
> Is there anything that I can do to make my I.E 8 run faster? It takes about a
> minute to load up my home page (google.ca) upon start-up; and when I click on
> one of my bookmarked pages (on the toolbar) I.E's so slow at loading the
> pages!
>
> Another question.  When I click Add-Ons, a window pops open but I can't see
> any of the add-ons (I can't scroll down or left/right to see the list;
> everythings blocked off).  Anyway that I can fix this?

I found IE8 to be a bit of a crap-shoot for XP machines.

On about half the machines IE 8 worked great and the pages loaded faster...

On the other half not only did IE8 run generally poorly...
in some instances the systems became unstable.
On those systems I simply uninstalled IE 8 and went back to IE7

If you need to uninstall IE8 the installation should go smoothly...
just be sure not to use System Restore
0
philo
11/27/2009 2:49:11 AM
OS: Windows Vista Home Premium
Ram: 1 GB
Space avail: 30.1 GBs

"Peter Foldes" wrote:

> And what might your Operating System be and at what SP level. How much RAM and how
> much empty space on HD
>
> --
> Peter

> "gdawilson" <gdawilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Is there anything that I can do to make my I.E 8 run faster? It takes about a
> > minute to load up my home page (google.ca) upon start-up; and when I click on
> > one of my bookmarked pages (on the toolbar) I.E's so slow at loading the
> > pages!
> >
> > Another question.  When I click Add-Ons, a window pops open but I can't see
> > any of the add-ons (I can't scroll down or left/right to see the list;
> > everythings blocked off).  Anyway that I can fix this?
>
> .

Why is Internet Explorer 8 slower than I expect it to be?
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/dee08d6b-7236-4e8e-b2e4-25ceede4f7d6

gdawilson wrote:
> OS: Windows Vista Home Premium
> Ram: 1 GB
> Space avail: 30.1 GBs
>
> "Peter Foldes" wrote:
>
>> And what might your Operating System be and at what SP level. How much
>> RAM
>> and how much empty space on HD
>>
>> --
>> Peter

>> "gdawilson" <gdawilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there anything that I can do to make my I.E 8 run faster? It takes
>>> about a minute to load up my home page (google.ca) upon start-up; and
>>> when I click on one of my bookmarked pages (on the toolbar) I.E's so
>>> slow
>>> at loading the pages!
>>>
>>> Another question.  When I click Add-Ons, a window pops open but I can't
>>> see any of the add-ons (I can't scroll down or left/right to see the
>>> list;
>>> everythings blocked off).  Anyway that I can fix this?
>>
>> .

0
PA
11/27/2009 5:17:20 AM
"gdawilson" <gdawilson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is there anything that I can do to make my I.E 8 run faster? It takes
> about a
> minute to load up my home page (google.ca) upon start-up; and when I click
> on
> one of my bookmarked pages (on the toolbar) I.E's so slow at loading the
> pages!
>
> Another question.  When I click Add-Ons, a window pops open but I can't
> see
> any of the add-ons (I can't scroll down or left/right to see the list;
> everythings blocked off).  Anyway that I can fix this?

More memory. I had a gig of RAM and increased it to 2 gigs and noticed a
major improvement in IE8. IE8 speed in startup and loading web pages
increased about 70% +/-

--
Bob Eyster
Windows Vista Ultimate SP2 - 32 Bit - IE8

0
Bob
11/27/2009 1:43:45 PM
One trick that has worked for a lot of people is to run your IE8 with
Add-ons disabled - 'IEBlog : Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer?s (No
Add-ons) Mode' (http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx)

You can also reset IE 8's settings by going to Tools > Internet
Options,
then the 'Advanced' tab, and then clicking the 'Reset...' button. That
may
work

Hope that helps.

-Kyler
IE 8 Outreach Team

--
Kyler_IE8_Team
0

2K7 question
Is there a way in E2K7 to make a particular message always send a message out in plain text format? Is that just an Outlook setting? Thanks! ...

Question #3
Hi I have some data that I graph. Column A has a date [has data in 12 rows] Column B has a data entry (number) [has data in 1st 6 rows] Column C has a data entry (number) [has data in 1 st 6 rows] Column D has a formula that calculates a % on column B & C [formulas in 12 rows] The graph range I have covers the whole 12 rows but it seems to read the formulas in col D and plots every row Is there something I can add to my formula that stops the graph from plotting it unless there has been an answer returned in it? Formula I have is : =IF(B5+C5<1,"",(B5-C5)/B5) Thanks ...

Registry question
Hello Group, I have an application that saves some configuration data in the registry system (under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\MyApp\ConfData) of the currently logged on user. This way, every user who runs this app will have his own configuration data. When a user runs for the first time this app, the 'MyApp' registry key will be created along with all its subkeys. Now suppose we have 3 users and all of them have already used the app. We will then have the 'MyApp' subtree created for these 3 users. What I want to know is that when the PC admin wants to uninstall the app, how...

Sending e-mail on behalf of like in Outlook
In Microsoft CRM it would be nice to have the possebility to send e-mail on behalf of (like in Outlook) In Microsoft CRM When sending emails, in the From field you can only select a user or a queue, so creating queues for each email address could be an option. But this is nothing more than a work around for something which could be much better ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow...

Defrag question #3
I have a windows 2000 server that's a file/print server and Exchange 2000 also installed and running on the same box. I was wondering what is the best way if I want to run defrag and scandisk on the disk drive? I guess I'm asking because exchange is running on the box and I don't know if I run defrag and scandisk will I run into problems or cause the database problems. Thanks for your help. John In article <4D7A888F-B293-400C-A77C-DC379DDF4BDF@microsoft.com>, John@discussions.microsoft.com says... > I have a windows 2000 server that's a file/print server and Ex...

ADMT Tool Question
I'm trying to run this tool without success from a Windows 2003 native domain to extract accounts from an NT4 domain. Is this possible? Windows 2003 server Domain: Windows 2003 native mode Forest: Windows 2000 NT4 server sp6a http://www.petri.co.il/active_directory_migration_tool_usage_nt_windows_2003.htm "bobs" <myname@yourdomain.com> wrote in message news:e27m%23Km4FHA.2532@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I'm trying to run this tool without success from a Windows 2003 native > domain to extract accounts from an NT4 domain. Is this possible? > > Window...

Question about Application behaviour,...
Hi, i have a simple MFC Application, that shows me the System Memory Usage. But after a while the Applications GDI Objects Count grows to something about >8.000 GDI Objects and its Virtual Memory (not much but step by step too) in less than 5 Minutes. I can see with ProcessExplorer that the application does have a high count of page faults. I cant figure out why! The System then starts to react slowly. The Timer invokes every seconds the member function with the code following this text, sets the Position on a progress bar control and raws a transparent text on the surface of the prog...

ISP broken when E-Mail with attachments is sent
I am using Outlook 2002, I recently have had problems sending E-Mails with attachments. It began with attachments larger than 100K, a week later I can't sent one with a 5KB attachment. I have contacted Verizon(my DSL provider and they tell me it is my software. I have Juno and I can sent the same attachments tirectly thru Juno without going thru Outlook. Can anyone help me? Do you get any error messages when you try to send attachments? If so, what are they? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rig...

2008 SBS questions... 07-04-10
I am trying to get a 2008 sbs running as efficiently as I can & was wondering about a couple of things. 1) I know it wants to be the DHCP server on a network, but what about for wireless clients? I have a wireless sonicwall TZ-170 for wireless laptops to connect to. They really don't need network access, just internet, so can I leave this running, as long as the addresses it hands out aren't in my same network? 2) Although the bought an SBS, the customer is not & probably won't be running exchange for a while. Can I remove exchange all together? I really see no rea...

Multi-language support question
We have an MFC application that uses ADO, ATL components to communicate with a SQL Server 2000 database. Our application is currently English only and we are making the conversion to support multiple languages. The text in the application is read in from a table so translating the text itself won't be a big deal programmatically. The text is loaded at log in and we can just autoswitch to the appropriate data based upon who the user is. My concerns are with different character sets, how the different languages impact the OS (how we set the character set in the OS automatically)...

DNS Question
Hello All, I am working with a customer that has 2 Small Biz servers in the same office. These are on 2 domains, but the same subnet. I am having trouble getting mail to route between the 2 domains. Each is Small Biz server 2003. Domain A has a public IP of 72.151.19.122 and an internal IP of 192.168.200.78. Domain B has a public IP of 72.151.19.123 and an internal IP of 192.168.200.250. We are using a Netgear firewall and inbound and outbound mail between each of these domains and the rest of the world works fine. They just can't seem to talk to each other. I would think this woul...

Question re:clustered column w/3D visual effect
I have Excel 2003 Why wont the 3D chart allow you to drag it more open? There is a large open area between the left side and the axis that looks jerky :) In a plain clustered column chart you can click inside to make the frame appear and drag it larger or smaller as you desire. In the 3D, clicking only allows you to change the angles of the 3D box. Am I missing something? thanks, Meenie This should be a hint to avoid the 3D effects. 3D charts are inflexible, but more important, the 3D effects mask the information in the chart. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc....

=?Utf-8?Q?Can_I_Change_to_foreign_currency?= =?Utf-8?Q?_in_Microsoft_Dynamics_=E2=80=93_POS_2.0?= =?Utf-8?Q?=3F?=
Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to know if it is possible to change the default US dollar currency? Also if it is possible to add three decimal places for selling price? Thanks in advance As a US only release, POS 2.0 doesn't support changing the default currency. Three decimal price is supported as an item option. - Jeff "Ba6a6y" <Ba6a6y@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1027D294-80EB-4C27-8FAD-42B8CF38801A@microsoft.com... > Microsoft Dynamics – POS 2.0 just released recently and I would like to > know ...

Still recieving e-mail for deleted users
We are receiving e-mails for users that were been deleted from our server years ago. Does anyone know how to block these e-mails. We have a SPAM program that allows you to blacklist but it does not stop the messages from coming through. Create ea distribution list containing no members, but which has all the long-gone users' smtp addresses. This is called a blackhole DL. Exchange will accept the mail but silently drop it - no NDRs, no storage. -- hth, SusanV "RB" <pr@epley-pr.com> wrote in message news:574a01c40071$05a154a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > We are receiving...

why can't I receive photos by e-mail?
Someone is trying to send me photos from their Blackberry but their message is returned and I receive nothing. Can any one tell me what the problem might be? "manxie" <manxie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9585CC5-80CB-4AB1-A93B-79BC98B1884B@microsoft.com... > Someone is trying to send me photos from their Blackberry but their > message > is returned and I receive nothing. Can any one tell me what the problem > might be? You need to get them to tell you what the error message is and post that here... Their message is returned with a n...

Question about CRM and Great Plains Integration
Can I create invoice when I invoice a contract in CRM and then show the record in the Great Plains ? Thanks in advance ...

CHtmlView question #3
Is there an easy way to get the source of the HTML document? On MSDN online, there's a GetSource(CString& str) listed but that's apparently not implemented in VC++ 6.0. ...

A simple mail merge question
How do you change the return address on envelops printed using mail merge? I don't understand the question. The return address will be whatever you tell it to be when you set up your merge document. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Nina" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b16b01c3ec17$335b99f0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > How do you change the return address on envelops printed > using mail merge? ...

Data Import/ Data Map Questions
Hello, I am developing a solution that will allow various new and updated entities to be loaded from several source systems into a Microsoft Dynamics 4.0 installation on an ongoing basis. There are some up- front components to the solution that detect new/changed source system data that are custom but I wanted to be able to use the built-in Data Import facilities within 4.0 to take the data from Excel files and load it into the CRM. I've looked at the sample code in the SDK and have been able to write code that will do this, including use of Picklist and Lookup (ie parent account) type ...

Question about Enable-ExchangeCertificate Command
I am trying to eliminate (more specific to my previous thread) the security alert in Outlook 2007 when opening up the program attached to Exchange 2007 with a public SSL cert and connecting to Exchange through the private address. I am seeking information about the Services column in the get (or enable)-ExchangeCertificate Command. I think I am on the right track here in that I can somehow tell Outlook to use the internally generated certificate instead of trying to use the public certificate. Can someone tell me which of the services options I should enable so that Outlook uses it i...

Outlook Limiting # of E-Mail Addressees
We tried to send an e-mail to a large number of people (over 40,) and the response was too many addresses. Is there a setting to adjust this? Thanks! Check with your ISP to see if they have set a limit. Might want to do a mail merge to electronic mail instead, assuming you have the same version of Word as of Outlook (won't work with Outlook Express). Ken wrote: > We tried to send an e-mail to a large number of people > (over 40,) and the response was too many addresses. Is > there a setting to adjust this? Thanks! You should have no problems with Outlook and the sendin...

Newbie questions (and maybe I need a 1hr tutorial for some $)
Hello, I am a competent vb6 programmer and understand a bit of C structures. However the C++ system is mystifying me..I simply will have to learn it to now.... I have 2 questions. 1> Can anyone tell me how code "Program 4. Microphone Select" at http://www.codeproject.com/audio/ADMixer.asp can be changed to simply self close by clicking the IDOK button routine programmatically? This is the simple effort that triggered my current angst.! (I 'think' need to set a state in BOOL CSelectDlg::OnInitDialog" to fake the IDOK event or trigger to the OnDestroy routine). Fr...

Simple Newsgroup Questions
I'm new to Newsgroups. I'm subscribed to Microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb. I've posted 2 messages but I can't get the third to post. I saw it for a few minutes, then it was crossed out and said "no longer available from the server". Also, I can't seem to get more than 300 messages displayed. I'd like to be able to download and search through thousands. I've tried increasing the number of headers to download, but when I click on 'Download Next 1000 Headers', it seems to do nothing. In the microsoft.public.outlook newsgroup, I can see over...

Unable to Retrieve E-mail
After setting up Outlook 2003, I receive the following error message when retrieving my e-mail and do not recieve any of my mail... " Task 'Mary Rose Mail - Receiving' reported error (0x800CCC0F) : 'The connection to the server was interrupted. If this problem continues, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP). The server responded: +OK 48526 octets' " I can go to Yahoo and set up my POP to successfully retrieve my mail. Even when I test the e-mail account using the tester in Outlook, it says all is well. My ISP is at a loss. ...

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgNDgzMzU=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...