I'm having a problem saving password/username in Internet Explorer 8

Hi all,

I'm having a problem saving password/username in Internet Explorer 8.
I've gone into "Tools", "Internet options","Content" and under "Auto
Complete" everything is checked off as they should be in boxes
username and password.  But it will not save the user name or the
password when I go into that particular webpage.

Albert
amlazon@Hotmail.com
(use s instead of z
to e-mail me)
0
Albert

"Albert" <amlazon@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having a problem saving password/username in Internet Explorer 8.
> I've gone into "Tools", "Internet options","Content" and under "Auto
> Complete" everything is checked off as they should be in boxes
> username and password.  But it will not save the user name or the
> password when I go into that particular webpage.
>
> Albert
> amlazon@Hotmail.com
> (use s instead of z
> to e-mail me)

The Website you are visiting -- your bank, for example -- will not allow
autocomplete to fill in stuff that might allow somebody that is not you who
is using your machine to log into your accounts and see what you have, and
transfer it to themselves.

Some sites don't care about your security, but some do. You should be happy
that places you visit try to protect you.

0
Jeff
11/19/2009 4:31:01 PM
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 08:31:01 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
<crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Albert" <amlazon@Hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I'm having a problem saving password/username in Internet Explorer 8.
>> I've gone into "Tools", "Internet options","Content" and under "Auto
>> Complete" everything is checked off as they should be in boxes
>> username and password.  But it will not save the user name or the
>> password when I go into that particular webpage.
>>
>> Albert
>> amlazon@Hotmail.com
>> (use s instead of z
>> to e-mail me)
>

>The Website you are visiting -- your bank, for example -- will not allow
>autocomplete to fill in stuff that might allow somebody that is not you who
>is using your machine to log into your accounts and see what you have, and
>transfer it to themselves.
>
>Some sites don't care about your security, but some do. You should be happy
>that places you visit try to protect you.

Jeff,

The website in question (a prescription drug plan webpage) has been
revised since the last time I went into it so as you say apparently
they have set it up where I cannot do as I have done in the past.  As
long as I know that it's no big deal. I did notice that there is a
locked padlock icon just before the "Refinish" icon that some of the
other webpages do not have.  When you click on it it has something to
do with "Certificates".

Thank you for the prompt reply.  I can live with it as long as I know
what to expect.
Again thanks,

Albert
0
Albert
11/19/2009 4:49:01 PM
"Albert" <amlazon@Hotmail.com> wrote in message news:31tag59t38aqjb8uk0om5msehrnho6mr72@4ax.com...

> The website in question (a prescription drug plan webpage) has been
> revised since the last time I went into it so as you say apparently
> they have set it up where I cannot do as I have done in the past.

Does that mean there used to be checkboxes in the dialog
e.g for requesting user and password be preserved
and now there aren't?   E.g. consider the dialog that most Live ID
prompts now have in them.

>  As long as I know that it's no big deal. I did notice that there is a
> locked padlock icon just before the "Refinish" icon that some of the
> other webpages do not have.  When you click on it it has something to
> do with "Certificates".

Some pages use a password and they aren't even encrypted
e.g. using HTTPS.   Then the authentication may be saved in a Cookie
and sent in as clear text request as Cookie data.  Could that have been
your case before?   <eg>

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert
11/19/2009 7:28:59 PM
Albert wrote:

> The website in question (a prescription drug plan webpage) has been
> revised since the last time I went into it so as you say apparently
> they have set it up where I cannot do as I have done in the past.  As
> long as I know that it's no big deal. I did notice that there is a
> locked padlock icon just before the "Refinish" icon that some of the
> other webpages do not have.  When you click on it it has something to
> do with "Certificates".

Any site whether for HTTP or HTTPS can use the "AUTOCOMPLETE=OFF"
attribute on an object in their HTML code to specify that the web
browser should not cache any data entered for that object, like the
<INPUT> tag for a field where you enter your login credentials.  See
http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/forms/_INPUT_AUTOCOMPLETE.html.  This
has been available since IE5 (support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290641).

The HTML code in a web page via the HttpCacheability enumeration can
also specify where the response data gets cached.
(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.httpcacheability.aspx)

You might have to look at an auto-filler utility (as an add-on to IE)
that will record your logon credentials and then automatically fill them
into the login fields when that web page is revisited.  I tried several
but they were adware or crippleware (to lure you into buying their full
product), and all too often they wouldn't recognize similar login pages
so you had multiple recordings for login credentials at the same site
(for example, a forum with login fields when displaying a thread would
have different page content for every separate thread which means you'd
never be able to record the login record for all those pages).  I did
use the auto-logon feature in IE7Pro when I used IE7 but that add-on is
far too flaky, too many features are unusable, or it crashes (and takes
IE with it) when used with IE8 so I had to abandon using it.  They no
longer moderate their forums so they've become polluted and unusable due
to getting deluged with spam posts.
0
VanguardLH
11/19/2009 7:40:53 PM
On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:40:53 -0600, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:

>Albert wrote:
>
>> The website in question (a prescription drug plan webpage) has been
>> revised since the last time I went into it so as you say apparently
>> they have set it up where I cannot do as I have done in the past.  As
>> long as I know that it's no big deal. I did notice that there is a
>> locked padlock icon just before the "Refinish" icon that some of the
>> other webpages do not have.  When you click on it it has something to
>> do with "Certificates".
>
>Any site whether for HTTP or HTTPS can use the "AUTOCOMPLETE=OFF"
>attribute on an object in their HTML code to specify that the web
>browser should not cache any data entered for that object, like the
><INPUT> tag for a field where you enter your login credentials.  See
>http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/forms/_INPUT_AUTOCOMPLETE.html.  This
>has been available since IE5 (support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290641).
>
>The HTML code in a web page via the HttpCacheability enumeration can
>also specify where the response data gets cached.
>(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.httpcacheability.aspx)
>
>You might have to look at an auto-filler utility (as an add-on to IE)
>that will record your logon credentials and then automatically fill them
>into the login fields when that web page is revisited.  I tried several
>but they were adware or crippleware (to lure you into buying their full
>product), and all too often they wouldn't recognize similar login pages
>so you had multiple recordings for login credentials at the same site
>(for example, a forum with login fields when displaying a thread would
>have different page content for every separate thread which means you'd
>never be able to record the login record for all those pages).  I did
>use the auto-logon feature in IE7Pro when I used IE7 but that add-on is
>far too flaky, too many features are unusable, or it crashes (and takes
>IE with it) when used with IE8 so I had to abandon using it.  They no
>longer moderate their forums so they've become polluted and unusable due
>to getting deluged with spam posts.

Well, I went back to square one.  The bookmark that I was using was an
old sign in page and apparently under the new system you have to go in
to homepage and in the lower left-hand corner there is a sign inbox
(username/password).

So I deleted the old bookmark went into the home page and set up the
username/password and when Windows asked if I wanted to auto complete
I said "yes".  And everything worked okay.  The old homepage did not
have a sign in box on it and you had to click on "sign in" and it
would go to the second page to do your signing in and I guess that was
the problem all along.  It was not with IE 8.

Albert
0
Albert
11/19/2009 10:34:37 PM
Albert wrote:

> On Thu, 19 Nov 2009 13:40:53 -0600, VanguardLH <V@nguard.LH> wrote:
>
>>Albert wrote:
>>
>>> The website in question (a prescription drug plan webpage) has been
>>> revised since the last time I went into it so as you say apparently
>>> they have set it up where I cannot do as I have done in the past.  As
>>> long as I know that it's no big deal. I did notice that there is a
>>> locked padlock icon just before the "Refinish" icon that some of the
>>> other webpages do not have.  When you click on it it has something to
>>> do with "Certificates".
>>
>>Any site whether for HTTP or HTTPS can use the "AUTOCOMPLETE=OFF"
>>attribute on an object in their HTML code to specify that the web
>>browser should not cache any data entered for that object, like the
>><INPUT> tag for a field where you enter your login credentials.  See
>>http://www.htmlcodetutorial.com/forms/_INPUT_AUTOCOMPLETE.html.  This
>>has been available since IE5 (support.microsoft.com/?kbid=290641).
>>
>>The HTML code in a web page via the HttpCacheability enumeration can
>>also specify where the response data gets cached.
>>(http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.web.httpcacheability.aspx)
>>
>>You might have to look at an auto-filler utility (as an add-on to IE)
>>that will record your logon credentials and then automatically fill them
>>into the login fields when that web page is revisited.  I tried several
>>but they were adware or crippleware (to lure you into buying their full
>>product), and all too often they wouldn't recognize similar login pages
>>so you had multiple recordings for login credentials at the same site
>>(for example, a forum with login fields when displaying a thread would
>>have different page content for every separate thread which means you'd
>>never be able to record the login record for all those pages).  I did
>>use the auto-logon feature in IE7Pro when I used IE7 but that add-on is
>>far too flaky, too many features are unusable, or it crashes (and takes
>>IE with it) when used with IE8 so I had to abandon using it.  They no
>>longer moderate their forums so they've become polluted and unusable due
>>to getting deluged with spam posts.
>
> Well, I went back to square one.  The bookmark that I was using was an
> old sign in page and apparently under the new system you have to go in
> to homepage and in the lower left-hand corner there is a sign inbox
> (username/password).
>
> So I deleted the old bookmark went into the home page and set up the
> username/password and when Windows asked if I wanted to auto complete
> I said "yes".  And everything worked okay.  The old homepage did not
> have a sign in box on it and you had to click on "sign in" and it
> would go to the second page to do your signing in and I guess that was
> the problem all along.  It was not with IE 8.
>
> Albert

"I know engineers.  They l-o-v-e to change things."
(Bones in a Star Trek episode)
0
VanguardLH

Users asked to enter Username / Password /Domain when opening outl
Just this morning, our users are being asked for their username / domain and password. When we eneter it in, the box reappearas after we eneter it again we get and error that the information store could not be opened. We are running Exchanage 5.5 with Windows 2000. Any help would be great. Thanks in advance =?Utf-8?B?SmVmZg==?= <Jeff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:DD28037B-B6C8-4575-B0CC-F80C14991716@microsoft.com: > Just this morning, our users are being asked for their username / > domain and password. When we eneter it in, the box reappearas after we > eneter...

when i save a file that i have worked on, excel7 closes down work.
i have recently purchased office pro 2007. Excel 2007, when i save a filethat i have worked on, excel closes down and work is lost, done all updates, re installed from disc, please help i have lost 2 hours of work this moring that i need for a report a few questions: 1. what happens with save as? 2. what happens in safe mode? (hold shift key while starting excel) 3. do you have add-ins? 4. what operating system? x64? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "rob" <rob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0483F09B-3289-42B4-8849-0C0A61380B11@mic...

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Just saved file, cannot be found. ?
Even Global search ? Win 7 ... Whatz up? if you saved it, it should be in the mru list? what version of excel are you using? -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Boswell" <Boswell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E9D6ED74-ABC5-469D-9572-2D8AE93F36CD@microsoft.com... > Even Global search ? > > Win 7 ... > > Whatz up? one other question, how did you open it, outlook email? if that's the case, search will never find it. it is probably here: C:\Users\Your user name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\Temporary Intern...

Windows Welcome Screen Login Looping Problem
Up until now no startup problems whatsoever with my system. Today, I press the start button and it boots fine to the Windows' Welcome Screen. When I click on my account icon (no password ever entered) it tries to login (I see my desktop for about 4-5 seconds) but it comes back to the same Windows' Welcome Screen after about 5-10 seconds. My significant other also has an account icon and when she tries to login from the welcome screen she can't get pass the screen either and gets the same 5-10 seconds looping problem that happens to me. System specs: Dell Deminsio...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

Problems performing a restore to a SAN drive
We recently move our message stores to SAN. I've tried to perform a restore to a recovery storage group on the SAN and am not able to do it. We use Ultrabac as our backup application, but I've tried NTBackup also and am getting the following errors in the App logs: Information Store (3576) Callback function call ErrESECBRestoreGetDestination ended with error 0xC7FE1F42 Database not found. and Failed to find a database to restore to from the Microsoft Active Directory. Storage Group specified on the backup media is e0d4e0af-f91a-490d-9b40-47e27b9fb714. Database speci...

=?Utf-8?Q?Inter-org_migration_=E2=80=93_resource_m?= =?Utf-8?Q?ailbox_move_strategy?=
Does anyone have any experiences or points of reference on how to co-ordinate the movement of user mailboxes, calendars and resource mailboxes etc that ‘collaborate’ with each other in a inter-org migration? Keeping directories between the two Orgs up to date and synchronized is okay, but is there any easy way to find and list those users that have access to other mailboxes, calendars, and resource mailboxes (that are assign rights through groups to other mailboxes for example?). Any comments and thoughts would be appreciated! Mikey. ...

Password protected #2
i have a spreadsheet is protected and requires a password...problem is dont know the password and i need to edit the sheet! Anyone got any tips.... -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Crack it by installing this free utility at: http://www.straxx.com/excel/password.html HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >i have a spreadsheet is protected and requires a password...problem is i >dont know the password and i need to edit the sheet! > >Anyone got any tips....? > > >--- >Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ > >. > ...

how do I open excel workbook If i forget my workbook password
I made programm with a lot of formuals so I've put password on the workbook, because I did not wanted to earase formulas accidently,but now I can't open it because I forget the password. Thanks for help Hi search Google for 'Excel password remover' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "av8rart" <av8rart@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D2443918-FEF4-41E6-92C4-9B19A293778A@microsoft.com... > I made programm with a lot of formuals so I've put password on the workbook, >...

XMLA .NET connection problem
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

Problems with DATE data type
Hi!!! I've got a little problem with the next macro in Excel. The problem is that I must look for some information in a data bas using as filter a specific day an hour in the year. I get the date and the hour using a form and then the macro calle "Busqueda" receives the value. I've programmed the macro using MSQuery just to see the necessary cod and the problem has appeared when I've tried to include the para called "Dia" in the SQL code. I've tried using " & Dia & " but it doesn't work and I don't know ho to include my param...

Publisher 2003
I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means other than I'm unable to print my calendar. Anyone have any ideas? I get the same message whenever I try to print a card I've created. HELP! -- The computer has been chucked out the picture window and the birds are nesting in it. *sigh* Merrie wrote: > I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, > "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means > other than I'm una...

internet explorer 03-01-10
internet explorer clashed remove and re-install but still cannot what should I do ? I must use Internet explorer "joanna" <joanna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:109CCED0-F22D-4B62-A71C-3FCD690BAF5E@microsoft.com... > internet explorer clashed With what? What version of IE? What version of Windows? joanna wrote: > internet explorer clashed > remove and re-install but still cannot > what should I do ? > I must use Internet explorer Very nice poem! Your question does not contain all the required information neede...

Reinstall problem
I have a CRM 1.2 MSDN installation. I ran add/remove programs to un-install. Everything seemed to uninstall just fine. I then ran the installer again to reinstall. I wanted to use the existing database. I select the: "Connect to an existing database" options, click next then select my SQL server from the list. I then get a message: Setup could not find any valid Microsoft CRM databases on the server you have specified. You must select a different server. I know the databases are there. I can see them in enterprise manager. The system was working fine except for ...

6/8/2010 Microsoft Office Security Updates failing to install.
All 6 fail to install. Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. Now what? Just delete them? Kirk MI wrote: > All 6 fail to install. > > Both of the necessary Service Packs are installed on my system. > > Now what? Just delete them? Lack of given information... "Both of the necessary Service Packs" <-- what necessary service packs for what prodcut. I know your subject says "Microsoft Office", but... yeah - there is not just one version of Microsoft Office and you might not even be speaking of Microsoft O...

Problem w/ Task Manager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am running a laptop with WIndows XP SP3. I am not sure what changed or = happened but my task manager now only shows the processes tab. The tabs = are mising for me to change views as well as the title bar for my task = manager windo and the menu bar i also gone. How can I correct it? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

An error number : 424 problem
I'm having trouble with an attachment field. On a report I can see the picture and the filename of the selected attachent properly. Now in a SQL UPDATE string that i'm making I always get the error 424 Object required. Here is the line where it happens : 'mySQL = mySQL + ", scan_g = " & prn_du_pied_g.FileName scan_g is a Text field prn_du_pied_g is an attachment All I want to do is to use the filename of the attchment. How do I solve this Thank you for the help -- Eric "ericb" <eric@b.com> wrote in message news:9A...

Outlook does not remember POP3 password
I have a user that is running Windows XP Home Edition and Outlook 2002. Outlook is cofiured to send and receive mail from the user's ISP POP3 account. However it always asks for the password and does not remember it. Tried using Knowledge Base Article 290684 however I receive the following error: "Unable to save permission changes on protectd storage system provider. access denied." I have also receieved errors 0X800ccc92 and 0X800CCC78. ...

saving/moving outlook files
I need to re-format my hard drive and re-install my OS after being infected with a trojan. How do I download my Outlook files to a disk and then move them back to my hard drive? ...

Save as JPEG: no margins
Hi. Using Visio 2003, I saved a drawing as JPEG. However, I would like to have margins around the shapes. How can I achieve this? TIA Draw a rectangle around everything. Give it no fill. Set the line transparency to 100%. Now export to .jpg. You should get your margins! -- Hope this helps, Chris Roth Visio MVP "Nananana" <dnoam@il.ibm.com> wrote in message news:1109939419.419015.242110@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi. > Using Visio 2003, I saved a drawing as JPEG. > However, I would like to have margins around the shapes. > How can I achieve this? ...

save a resualts calculation in one column
Dear members, I have one problem for save and record for resualts of calculation on formula in cells of one column.any time i repeat calculation, th resualt save in first cell(link cell) and not move to below cell ,i the other word ,i want for any calculation by formula resualts save i next cell(without change of last try ). Thanks ras_mi -- ras-mi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- ras-mir's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1537 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26994 Hi r...

Mail and Catalog merge problems
This is a two part question. The first part concerns an error and the second part is seeking advice. First the error: I am trying to create a data source for use in a catalog merge. No matter what method I use, even using "Create Address List" from Publisher's Tools menu, I get an error dialog saying: "The operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try again later." What causes this and how do I correct it? I would like to be able to connect to a SQL 2005 database for merge data. Now the request for advice: I am cr...