How to bookmark a link with variables?

The following link contains a date format "20100415", I would like to
bookmark this link with variables, which is a string for today.
Does anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks in advance for any suggestions
Eric

http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/20100415/00186_001.html
variable = today in format yyyymmdd
http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/variable/00186_001.html

Hi,

Write a javascript bookmarklet or suggest to http://orientaldaily.on.cc/
that they add rss feeds or web slices to THEIR site.

Regards.

"Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The following link contains a date format "20100415", I would like to
> bookmark this link with variables, which is a string for today.
> Does anyone have any suggestions?
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> Eric
>
> http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/20100415/00186_001.html
> variable = today in format yyyymmdd
> http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/variable/00186_001.html

0
rob
4/16/2010 8:44:22 AM
Could you please show me how to do it in javascript>

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Write a javascript bookmarklet or suggest to http://orientaldaily.on.cc/
> that they add rss feeds or web slices to THEIR site.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The following link contains a date format "20100415", I would like to
> > bookmark this link with variables, which is a string for today.
> > Does anyone have any suggestions?
> > Thanks in advance for any suggestions
> > Eric
> >
> > http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/20100415/00186_001.html
> > variable = today in format yyyymmdd
> > http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/variable/00186_001.html

How do I remove links to external excel files
I need to remove the links to another excel file from my new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- creating the spreadsheet from scratch? Thank you. TinaS Remove links means convert those formulas to values? If you can find them, just copy|paste special|values. But they can be difficult to find. I'd use Bill Manville's addin to help find the pesky ones. Findlink.zip from http://www.BMSLtd.co.uk/mvp (And it's easy to use. TinaS wrote: > > I need to remove the links to another excel file from my > new workbook. How can I accomplish this without re- >...

Email link to update Outlook --- Calendar #2
Anyone knows how to send an link within an email, inwhich the Recipient can click to have the their Outlook "Calendar" automatic updated with appointment information. I have seen this work, can't find inforamtion on how to create this link. Thanks Anthony wrote: || Anyone knows how to send an link within an email, inwhich || the Recipient can click to have the their || Outlook "Calendar" automatic updated with appointment || information. I have seen this work, can't find || inforamtion on how to create this link. Thanks In Calendar, right-click on the event...

sorting on linked lists between 2 workbooks
Hi, I have a workbook (B1) which holds a column of names (1 name per cell) The 2nd workbook (B2) references each of these names and diplays the in it's own column. The problem occurs when I want to sort the lis (and other associated columns) in B1 the cells in B2 become jumbled. have tried naming each cell in B1 on the assumption that when a sor occurs that this relationship would be dynamic - but the same proble still occurs... Any clues anyone? The prob seems relatively simple but I can't seem to find a way aroun it. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Cheer -- Message po...

e-mailing linked files
Hi, I have an Excel spreadsheet with a hyperlinked image (.tif) on each row, total of 85 rows. The image opens when clicked. How can I e-mail the spreadsheet file and transport the linked files (images) with it so that it will ope nin the same way for the receiver?? tezmo ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Tezmo They will work if the receiver put them in the same named folder in the same location. Alternatively, you will have to write some code that o...

pasting of variable cell value into macro
I have written a macro that runs an autofilter which grabs cell info from a different worksheet within that workbook (an entered date). It then uses that date to autofilter. It works fine the first time, but aparently plugs that info permanently into the macro and will not work on subsequent runs. I need a macro that will grab variable info from a certain cell each time and run with that new cell value each time. Any ideas?. (& yes, I am a newbee) sorry.. Your problem is refreshing the autofilter. It is best to clear the old filter before applying the new filter. Here ...

Images and links don't work
I’ve published a site using MS Publisher to build it and FileZilla to publish it. The problem I have is that the images / pictures don’t appear and the links to other pages in the site don’t work. I understand that the HTML coding for these objects are not correct...for instance: The site name is http://stdb.eu and the HTML coding for an image is http://stdb.eu/images_file/image234. I need to rename it to read http://stdb.eu/image234 but don’t know how to do it...any suggestions? Many thanks Rooster UK Go here news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign -- ...

Import or link to access db
Hi, I've tried posting this query before - but can't find it in the forum. So here goes again. We have Outlook 2007 and on that a shared folder for contacts (with Exchange server). We also have a list of contacts in Access (2003) - Ideally we would like these linked to Outlook. I understand from other posts that the link wizard is not ideal. Being a sunsidiary company it is a difficult and arduous process getting approval for new software - otherwise we'd get something like ContactGenie. My programming skills are limited so any advice is welcome. Is there perhaps a...

Dynamically linking fields to forms
In my form I have patient_Id as drop down list which is linked to main PATIENT table where it gets update by different department and the new values shows up in my FORM's drown drop list immediately. Along with patient_id I have 4 more values that need to be shown on my FORM from 4 different tables. Finally all the above values collected dynamically and some tested values from FORM base table ( testing table) should be saved into my testing table when some one clicks on the save button. Is this possible? with out distrubing the PATIENT tables or any other linked tables? -- ...

FieldName Variable in VBA
Working in Access VBA: ‘Where S1Speech is a field name in an Access 2007 table called SP ‘This 1st example works fine putting the value from S1Speech into the variable S1 Dim S1 as String S1= [S1Speech] ‘ These other 2 examples don’t work Example #2 Dim S1 as String Dim TXHolder as String TXHolder = S1Speech S1=[TXHolder] Example #3 Dim S1 as String Dim TXHolder as String TXHolder = [S1Speech] S1=TXHolder Is there a way to use a variable in a situation like this? Thanks -- Dennis Dennis You don't mention where this code is runni...

Formulas with a variable # of worksheets
I am building a workbook that is intended to capture information on new feature requests for a system. The workbook will then consolidate information from each new feature request and perform different kinds of analysis to facilitate portfolio management (ranking views of each feature to make a determination as to which features will be funded for the next release). Analysis (and input for each feature) will include things like value to the customer, value to the company, development cost, marketing risk, development risk, deployment/support risk, company strategy supported, etc. I think I ...

how do I assign a variable to a check box or radio control?
I need to assign the value of a radio control or check box when clicked on to a variable, preferably using the SetTemVar macro. Use the AfterUpdate of the control (if it's a stand-alone control), or of the option group (if it's part of an option group) to SetValue (in a macro) or assign the value (in code.) Not sure if it's really a good idea though. Considerations such as: - You can quite easily read the value from the form. - Doesn't work in versions of Access before 2007. - If it's a bound form, the tempvar would not be up to date when you move to a different recor...

Automatically link to contacts

URLs dragged into tasks shows up as Icons, can I have links instead?
I often need to put webaddresses in the tekst in tasks. I would like to drag them from the addressbar in IE into the textwindow of a task like I do in other programs like Word (where I get the address as a clickable link) or FrontPage (where I get the Title as a clickable link). However, in Outlook I get just the IE-page icon and the first part of the URL. Mostly useless. Is there a way to change this to the Word or preferably the Forntpage way of showing the link? ...

Linking a multiple spreadsheets to a master spreadsheet
I have looked for the solution to this, but have had no luck. I need to link multiple excel spreadsheets to a master spreadsheet, where each sheet on the master would represent one external spreadsheet. If the info on the external spreadsheets are changed, the master should reflect those changes and visa versa. I am using Excel 2007. If someone could point me in the right direction that would be great. Thanks! Excel doesn't work like this. It can pull the values from one cell to another via a formula, but it can't easily push the data from one cell to another (no matter where it'...

Variables in SQL-TJJ
I'm trying to append data from one table to another, however the table names are constantly changing. Is there a way to write, in VBA, some SQL string to accomplish this? Not really. Unless you have some way of determining the new name(s) and introducing them into an SQL string that you will build in the VBA routine. Do the field names change, too? If (BIG IF) the only thing that changes is the table name(s) then you can build your query string using aliases and only need to enter the table names once in the query string Dim strTargetTable as string, strSource as Stri...

How to link sheets/cells over web
So the questions is as follows: I have a loads of different excel workbooks which are linked to on "total"sheet that gathers the information from all sheets. Now I hav to store them into a web folder and I can't link them the way I hav linked them now. Now the formula is like this 'C:\=[Book2.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1. And now when I put them to this we folder every workbook get its own http address and I should someho change the path C:\... with web address. Is it possible and how? Thanks ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTi...

navigation bar links
My navigation bar does not link correctly to all of the pages of my website. I have added pages and moved them around to get them in the right order. They do not link correctly when I preview my website. Any suggestions? -- raybie2305 Nevermind. I got it. -- raybie2305 "raybie2305" wrote: > My navigation bar does not link correctly to all of the pages of my website. > I have added pages and moved them around to get them in the right order. > They do not link correctly when I preview my website. Any suggestions? > -- > raybie2305 ...

Linking images questions
I am preparing my 16 page newsletter for publication on offset printing. Most images in the newsletter are jpegs, a few are TIFFs. Once I insert all the images, I will convert them all to "Process Colors: CMYK" under the "Commercial Printing Option." I have a few questions about inserting images. What is the advantage of "linking" an image instead of "embedding" it for offset printing? Also, if I do link an image to a file, do I have to size the image exactly as it will appear in the newsletter before inserting it or can I insert the image and ...

cell variables in IF formula
i have this formula (Thanks Biff) =IF(J13="","",IF(J13=0,"Stock not rated",IF(OR(J13={1,2}),"Sell",""))) now i want to add in further variable - if J13 has "cmt" or "divs" then the cell is blank, then if any of the above... thank you =IF(OR(J13={"","cmt","divs"}),"",IF(J13=0,"Stock not rated",IF(OR(J13={1,2}),"Sell",""))) -- Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears "Micayla Bergen" <MicaylaBergen@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

How do you get rid of "The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information..."?
Sometimes the message "The workbook you opened contains automatic links to information in another workbook. Do you want to update this workbook with changes made to the other workbook?" pops up. When you don't need to update, you can just click No and move on, but how do you cancel the links for one and all so that this message does not pop up the next time you open the workbook? Kim, http://www.bmsltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip This is an add-in called Find Links. It can be used to find and remove external links in workbooks. Once the external links are rem...

Changing Linked Table Name
Access 2003 Every once in a while I decide to change the name of a table in a standard fe/be setup. Occasionally the name change encompasses a number of related tables. The process is... 1) go to the BE and change the actual table name 2) go to the FE and relink the changed tables 3) go to the queries and reconstruct any related queries 4) go to the forms and reselect the reconstructed queries/tables 5) go to the modules and run a find/replace Obviously, this is quite time consuming. I don't expect to be able to change anything about step 5, but is there some easier w...

Relative links in Publisher?
I'm trying the publish a web page in Publisher and it keeps adding file:\\\c: to all my relative links making them absolute and unusable. How do I turn this off or make Publisher have relative links? ...

Link Notes to Daily Calendar
How do I link notes to dates on my calendar. For example, if I click on a date, the notes I captured for that date will be displayed in One Note. Does anyone know of a template exists with this functionality for One Note? Thanks. -- Project Manager ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &...

Links do not work in junk mail folder
Dear readers: I've noticed that the hyperlinks do not work on the messages sent to my junk folder and also, the images are not available. If I un junk a message or drag it to my inbox, both of the former behavior is reversed. Why does this happen and how can I undo this. That's by design, as a security feture.=20 You've already found the solution -- moving the item to another folder.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 ...

Hperlink to pdf bookmark
Hi, Is it possible in Word to hyperlink to a bookmark in a pdf document and if so how? I am using Word 2003. Thanks in anticipation I don't think so. The best thing to do would be linking just the pdf file from Word. Sorry about that, -- Vicente Tulliano "JaneH" wrote: > Hi, > > Is it possible in Word to hyperlink to a bookmark in a pdf document and if > so how? > > I am using Word 2003. > > Thanks in anticipation ...