Error KB978506 when updaiting my Vista

Hello,
I use Windows Vista Business SP2. I have problems with IE8 when I start
Windows Update. It warns me that I have 2 important updates that cannot be
instaled.

Hi Livia,

Tools>Compatibility View Settings, check "Include updated websites list from
Microsoft"

Go to
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=c46fbe33-a494-472d-980f-f5de6a37d5a6

and install the update manually....

Brief Description
This update helps make websites designed for older browsers look better in
Internet Explorer 8. To take advantage of this update, you must have
“Include updated website lists from Microsoft” selected in Internet Explorer’s
Compatibility View Settings.

Regards.

This update probably contains important changes to Compatibility View for
Google web sites. You may be having problems when viewing google or
youtube... this update will fix that.

"Livia" <Livia@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
> I use Windows Vista Business SP2. I have problems with IE8 when I start
> Windows Update. It warns me that I have 2 important updates that cannot be
> instaled.

0
rob
3/17/2010 9:47:03 AM
rob^_^ <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Livia,
>
> Tools>Compatibility View Settings, check "Include updated websites list from
> Microsoft"
>
> Go to
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=c46fbe33-a494-472d-980f-f5de6a37d5a6
>
> and install the update manually....

I recently downloaded the .xls file that has that site list, and it does
not seem like it is a good idea to install it.
It apparently is just a top-xxx of sites where users of IE8 clicked on
the compatabilty view button (which apparently phones home).  Maybe
they clicked out of curiosity, did not know what the button was for,
mis-clicked when they wanted to click something else, or whatever.
There are many sites in that list that are just popular sites, not sites
requiring compatability view.
0
Rob
3/17/2010 10:18:24 AM
Hi Rob,

I appreciate that, but also there are users complaining of not being able to
access sites because of Compatibility issues.. Exactly that... popular sites
like google and msn which are included in the list.

The idea is that users can either choose to use the Compatibility View
button to choose which sites require adjustment or to use the list from MS
to pre-adjust things for compatibility before they visit a site.

There is nothing sinister or an issue with a privacy here. Google Chrome
does the same.
No Compatibility data is collected from users.

see the privacy statement here -
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/privacy.aspx

There is a report a web page issue Addon that is used by a small number of
enthusiasts, but generally only the top 500 global web sites are of use to
be included in the Compatibility View list.

I don't care if Livia cares to keep the option checked after she downloads
the update, it is up to her.

You are incorrect to assume that MS is continually recording our surfing for
the purpose of compiling the Compatibility list.
The Privacy statement outlines what information is collected (bad addons
etc) and how users can disable those feedback reporting options.

zip to do with ensuring sites display in IE8 without user intervention
(pressing the Compatibility View button)

Regards.

"Rob" <nomail@example.com> wrote in message
> rob^_^ <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Livia,
>>
>> Tools>Compatibility View Settings, check "Include updated websites list
>> from
>> Microsoft"
>>
>> Go to
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=c46fbe33-a494-472d-980f-f5de6a37d5a6
>>
>> and install the update manually....
>
> I recently downloaded the .xls file that has that site list, and it does
> not seem like it is a good idea to install it.
> It apparently is just a top-xxx of sites where users of IE8 clicked on
> the compatabilty view button (which apparently phones home).  Maybe
> they clicked out of curiosity, did not know what the button was for,
> mis-clicked when they wanted to click something else, or whatever.
> There are many sites in that list that are just popular sites, not sites
> requiring compatability view.

0
rob
3/17/2010 11:20:42 AM
Uh, you don't access Windows Update via IE in Vista, dear.

Try Control Panel | Windows Update | Check for updates

How to troubleshoot Windows Update, Microsoft Update, and Windows Server
Update Services installation issues:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602

1. See the "Need more help? Tell us what problem you are having" section of
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527

2. You cannot install some updates or programs
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798

3a. Check your WindowsUpdate.log (%windir%\WindowsUpdate.log) for errors
associated with the download/install.

How to read the WindowsUpdate.log file
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/902093

3b. Compare errors to those listed here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/blogs/mowgreen/index.php?showentry=1122
and/or go to http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com > click on Help and Support
link in left pane > Solve problems on your own.

================
How do I reset the Windows Update settings?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/971058
===========================

Windows Update-specific newsgroup:
--
~PA Bear

Livia wrote:
> I use Windows Vista Business SP2. I have problems with IE8 when I start
> Windows Update. It warns me that I have 2 important updates that cannot be
> instaled.

0
PA

Manual Workflow Error
I was having problems applying all manual workflow rules and applied hotfix 898654 per one of the messages earlier in the group. Now I am getting the following error when applying a manual rule: "The record you are requesting is currently unavailable. Either the record is not found or you do not have sufficient security permissions to view it." I am looged in a user with system administrator priviledges. The record is obviously there because I am looking at it. Any ideas? ...

Error Publishing PivotTable to MOSS.
We create an Excel 2007 PivotTable against a cube that contains KPI’s, but we do not include any KPI elements in the PivotTable itself. Excel Services won’t publish it, saying ‘The workbook that you selected cannot be opened. The workbook may be in an unsupported file format, or may be corrupt.’ If however we create the PivotTable against the same cube with KPI’s removed, everything works! When you publish an Excel Pivot Table to MOSS you get this error: "The workbook that you selected cannot be opened. The workbook may be in an unsupported format, or it may be corrupt. Would yo...

the messaging interface has returned an unknown error
Hi, When i do a reply all or print it gives me this error: the messaging interface has returned an unknown error Any suggestions? thanks Have you tried using Detect and Repair from the Help menu? "Tommy" <Tommy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:51829E9E-F3E4-4027-84C1-0E44CB633C08@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > When i do a reply all or print it gives me this error: > > the messaging interface has returned an unknown error > > Any suggestions? > > thanks ...

Error 8004005 on installation
I'm trying to install CRM on one of our servers and get this error: Unexpected Error 8004005 (not exact text) With no other indication as to the cause of the error. This is being installed on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise. Thanks. I've just done a quick search on Google for your error, it seems to be a database permissions error. Look in the Event Log and see if it gives any mor einformation about the error. If you post the relevant detail from the Event Log, someone might be able to give you more help. HTTH Gill "Jimmy Stewart" wrote: > I'm trying to i...

Macro Error Cannot type to field.
I am using a macro to populate contract lines. When I get to the second record, I get the error "Cannot type to field" or "Field is inactive or disabled" I am using the scrollwin and have put in the move to command before the type to. I know what the problem is, it is not refresing my window to show that the next field in the window is active. I have tried to use the Click Hit command but this does not work. Any help would be appreciated. Hi Tahnee Please check if the field you are trying to access is not locked by the application. If it is a key field for a...

Caching for Vista Client-Side Print Spooler
During development of a printer driver what appears to be a bug with Vista spooler (client-side) caching of printer Bidirectional data was discovered. I have a sample application which demonstrates the problem. Sharing a printer from Vista to XP works fine, but sharing a printer from XP to Vista experiences the problem. The problem is that calling DeletePrinterData then GetPrinterData on the client side results in a error code 2 (file not found). What should occur however is that the client side spooler should RpcGetPrinterData to the server side spooler and the server side...

Outlook Web Access
I am getting an error in Outlook Web Access when a user clicks on the move/copy message button on the tool bar the following javascript error message is displayed: Line: 83 Char: 170 Error: Syntax Error Code: 0 url: https://webmail.mydomain.com/exchange/user/? Cmd=dialog&template=dlg_movecopy&ver=6.5.6944.0&theme=0 Any ideas??? THANK YOU!!! --Josh ...

Error 1706: No valid source can be found for product DAO
Hi, Xmas is approaching and I promised my wife to get our Christmas cards in the mail...hel!. I am trying to open Access 2000 mdb created files with Access 2003. I am getting the errror message "Error 1706: No valid source can be found for product DAO Window installer". It runs this twice. It then opens up my data base but when I try to go to Tools....Office Links and the Merge with Microsoft Word...it is all greyed out. Not sure if these two issues are related but I can really use some sagely advice here. I have reinstalled Office but to no avail...same results. T...

Vista Hanging At Least 5 Times A Day
I have posted in some detail on this issue here last week <Message-ID: Xns9D5C75FA45DEFUVAA@207.46.248.16> I actually have more information now. 1. As I probably described last week, the eventual or creeping system hang begins with one application going non-responsive. Activating another application window, either by task bar or by direct clicking, makes that application nonresponsive. Then clicking on another application makes that nonresponse. Often clicking on the Start menu makes it appear and then lock, or sometimes it does not appear at all. 2. The multi-ap...

Runtime error when deleting a message
Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library Runtime Error" Error Message When Deleting a Message ...

error opening access
i have Access 2003 and can no longer open a database that I used up to the last 90 days. I receive a error message on Line : 110 for an Application or Object-defined error. I never had a problem before January. Check your references Solving Problems with Library References http://allenbrowne.com/ser-38.html "Rollie" <Rollie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1A7FF73-8579-4360-B154-727D29AFED78@microsoft.com... >i have Access 2003 and can no longer open a database that I used up to the > last 90 days. I receive a error message on Line : 110 for an A...

overstrike or margin error?
I suddenly find existing documents distorted by all the text being jammed over to the left side and the characters all overstriking one another, as if on a typewriter the carriage jammed and all the keys you press typed onto the same spot. For example, a full page of single-spaced, formatted text in an existing document has become 7 double-spaced blocks of just two to twelve or so characters (columns) wide. It first happened when I was trying to "Print" a new page of text I entered. The page displayed correctly on the screen, but printed wrong, as described. Then ...

Error Code: 0x80070643
Specs: Windows XP Home Dell Vostro 1000 Laptop Cable Modem IE 8.0 I have been unable to install any updates to MS Windows since December 10, 2009. I get the following error message Error Code: 0x80070643 - Cannot Install Updates The code description I get are as follows and I have tried the following websites to try and resolve the issue. I have also uninstalled Norton, Google Chrome, rebooted dozens of times and nothing works. I was on an onlince chat with MS and they wanted $50 to try and fix the issue. I said no but they did tell me that the error code I got basica...

lsass.exe error 11-29-09
I installed Nero 9 trial yesterday, it came with the Ask.com toolbar. Despite saying no, it installed the toolbar anyway. After that I found some trojans on my system and was seeing lsass errors in the Event Viewer. I removed Nero and Ask.com, ran Avira, Microsoft Live, Malicious Tool and Spybot scans. I'm clear of trojans according to the scans, but I'm still seeing occasional lsass errors in the event viewer. As far as I can tell the pc is running fine. This is the lsass error Faulting application lsass.exe, version 1.0.0.1, faulting module lsass.exe, version 1.0.0....

Error message on saving a file with math objects in Word 2007
When I write a document with several mathematical objects in Word 2007 I can easily save the document. But after a while, as the document becomes larger and more complex (with dotted lists and other paragraphs), the program won't save the document anymore. The error message says: "A file error has occurred [file path]". Can somebody please tell me what happens, or just tell me what to do? ...

Odd Error Message when Inserting File
When I insert a file into an outgoing email Outlook displays the error message "could not open one or more attachments." In spite of that, the file is attached to the email. There is no visible indication of the attachment in the email as it is composed but the attachment is shown when the email arrives and can be opened by its recipient. This annoyance occurs with all file types and with both HTML and plain text email styles. Any ideas before I uninstall/reinstall the entire Office package? Windows XP SP2, Outlook from Office 2000 Pro SP3. ...

Macro warning/error even though trust center settings correct
Running Windows 7, Office 2007. I have a document with a couple of macros in it (which work fine) but when I first open it I still get "Macro cannot be found or macros are disabled". This is a *.docm file with code responding to custom button in a custom ribbon group. Trust access to visual basic project is also enabled. Bob Is the document being opened from a Trusted Location? I find little (usually no need) for having macros in documents themselves. Rather they should be in templates (.dotm) and the documents should be created by selection of the template as...

Error in Event Viewer event id 1023 pop3 connector, 1029, 1036, 10
Hello Exchange Administrators, I am getting these Error in Event Viewer "event id 1023 pop3 connector, 1029, 1036, 1015, 1019, 1015" on regular basis after every 15 min for every user. I need yours help to fix these errors. Also tell me why these error are logged in event viewer or cause of these errors We are using WIndoes 2003 SBS, Exchange Server 2003. Thanks you for yours help in advance. On Fri, 1 Sep 2006 11:11:01 -0700, Guri <Guri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello Exchange Administrators, > >I am getting these Error in Event Viewer "event id 1...

Error msg "0x800ccc79"
I have started getting the same msg when I try to send email. Here is the error msg I get The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. Server response: '550 relaying mail to brgov.com is not allowed'. (Account:'pop.east.cox.net' STMP Server: 'smtp.east.cox.net', Error munber: 0x800ccc79) This started when I tried to send an attachment to the mail but now seems to occur anytime I send to this address and one other. You probably need to turn on authentication to your outgoing server, which can be done on the "Outgoing Ser...

TIME OUT Error when adding an account
CRM has been working for several months a couple of days ago each time a new account is added a Platform Error is shown. This is a Time Out Expired Error. It is important to monitor your Microsoft SQL Server and maintain your log files etc. to keep performance up. If your problem is not related to bad maintenance of your databases, you can try to take a look at KB860773 to see how you can modify the default time out settings on the Microsoft CRM server. If I understood you correctly, it is not a problem you have experienced from the beginning - therefore you should try to find the ...

Exchange 2003 OWA: error on change the password at next logon
Hi...We enable the OWA password with SSL, however, we realized that when a user account is set to "must change the password at next logon", the user is not able to logon to OWA. How to solve this problem? Is there a way to find out or set the AD account in 5 days the password will be expired? BTW, we have Exchange 2003 SP1 under windows 2003 SP1. thanks, fshguo. ...

MSExchangeTransport Error...
I get from my Exchange Server 2003 into Event Viewer a lot lines with MSExchangeTransport error: Source: MSExchangeTransport Category: NDR Event ID: 3018 Description: A non-delivery report with a status code of 5.4.0 was generated for recipient.... Causes: This message indicates a DNS problem or an IP address configuration problem Solution: Check the DSN using nslookup or dnsq. Verify the IP address is in IPv4 literal format. ----- Please, could you tell me why I get this error ?!? I have Active Directory (domain controller), DNS service and Exchange 2003 installed on the same machine....

DPM 2010 Error 360 0x80042428 creating protection groups
When trying to create protection groups I get the following errors in DPM 2010: Error 360: The operation failed due to a virtual disk service error Error details: Unknown error (0x80042428) Recommended action: Retry the operation. I have rebooted, restarted Virtual Disk service and added a new drive to storage pool. Have tried just local disks and with Hyper-V. Result is the same in each case. Now what should I try? From the website: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd208031(PROT.10).aspx This error is given by VDS as it is finding the disk as ReadOnly(0x80042428 ...

MFC42D.LIB Linker Error
I am in the process of converting a Visual C++ 6.0 project to Visual Studio 2005. The conversion is almost complete, but in the linking phase, I get the error: LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc42d.lib' It seems to be looking for a file from Visual C++ 6.0. I have checked the project settings and can't find any reference to "mfc42d.lib". Marathoner Some '#pragma comment(lib, "'mfc42d.lib")' in source code? -- Cholo Lennon Bs.As. ARG "marathoner" <rajk2000@msn.com.invalid> wrote in message news:Offt57ANHH...

Doc Id
I get below error message, even though my header and line items both have same Doc Id. Can anybody tell me the relation between the doc ids for header and line item tables. "Sql procedure error codes returned:\r\nError Number = 3441 Stored Procedure taSopLineIvcInsert Error Description = DOCID does not exist for document type\r\nNode Identifier Parameters: taSopLineIvcInsert \r\nSOPNUMBE = INV2001\r\nSOPTYPE = 3\r\nRelated Error Code Parameters for Node : taSopLineIvcInsert \r\nDOCID = STDINV1\r\nSOPTYPE = 3\r\n\...