error in applying settings from ie 7 http://runonce.msn.com/runonc

I got page error from applying settings after starting Ie7. of course I get 
this error each time I bring up ie7

line: 35\char: 5
Error Object doesn't support this property or method
Code: 0
Url: http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx

OS: xp media center edtion  sp2: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
 xpsp_sp2_gdr.091208-2028
 with phiscal RAm avail to Windows as 3,405,504 KB on core 2 dual

0
Utf
3/9/2010 7:24:02 PM
internetexplorer.general 1684 articles. 0 followers. Follow

4 Replies
1449 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 6

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your 
subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? 
What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications running 
in the background when you installed IE7?

Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the 
computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought 
it)?

Why hasn't WinXP SP3 been installed by now?

Note: Extended Support for WinXP (x86) SP2 ends on 13 July 2010. After that 
date, computers running WinXP (x86) SP2 will NOT be offered any further 
critical security updates, Automatic Updates will not work, and Windows 
Update website will not be accessible until SP3 is installed.

What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/what-does-end-of-support-mean
-- 
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002


GS wrote:
> I got page error from applying settings after starting Ie7. of course I 
> get
> this error each time I bring up ie7
>
> line: 35\char: 5
> Error Object doesn't support this property or method
> Code: 0
> Url: http://runonce.msn.com/runonce3.aspx
>
> OS: xp media center edtion  sp2: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
> xpsp_sp2_gdr.091208-2028
> with phiscal RAm avail to Windows as 3,405,504 KB on core 2 dual 

0
PA
3/9/2010 11:40:44 PM
first this is someone's PC I am using while on vacation
2nd, they have fairly large number of adobe, cannon and other photographic 
software plus, scanners,  a bunch of other devices brought long before xp. 
Hence they are reluctant to install SP3 until they know the devices and 
software are supported under xp.

I just got them updated most of the adobe software and waiting for them to 
finish testing

> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your 
> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than 
> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these 
> applications running in the background when you installed IE7?
telus security service


> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the 
> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you 
> bought it)?
dont know as this is home PC I am visiting and they don't keep records
they may have used norton in the past but not sure they used it on this PC
> Why hasn't WinXP SP3 been installed by now?
(actually on the XP PCs I manage at work, I was able to install and 
customize ie7 from sp2 and fully enabled symantec endpoint security w/o 
problem)
>
> Note: Extended Support for WinXP (x86) SP2 ends on 13 July 2010. After 
> that date, computers running WinXP (x86) SP2 will NOT be offered any 
> further critical security updates, Automatic Updates will not work, and 
> Windows Update website will not be accessible until SP3 is installed.
>
> What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?:
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/what-does-end-of-support-mean
> -- 
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002
>
>


0
MSDN
3/11/2010 3:57:56 AM
Who are you and what have you done with the OP?

MSDN newsgroup wrote:
> first this is someone's PC I am using while on vacation
> 2nd, they have fairly large number of adobe, cannon and other photographic
> software plus, scanners,  a bunch of other devices brought long before xp.
> Hence they are reluctant to install SP3 until they know the devices and
> software are supported under xp.
>
> I just got them updated most of the adobe software and waiting for them to
> finish testing
>
>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>> subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
>> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these
>> applications running in the background when you installed IE7?
> telus security service
>
>
>> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
>> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
>> bought it)?
> dont know as this is home PC I am visiting and they don't keep records
> they may have used norton in the past but not sure they used it on this PC
>> Why hasn't WinXP SP3 been installed by now?
> (actually on the XP PCs I manage at work, I was able to install and
> customize ie7 from sp2 and fully enabled symantec endpoint security w/o
> problem)
>>
>> Note: Extended Support for WinXP (x86) SP2 ends on 13 July 2010. After
>> that date, computers running WinXP (x86) SP2 will NOT be offered any
>> further critical security updates, Automatic Updates will not work, and
>> Windows Update website will not be accessible until SP3 is installed.
>>
>> What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?:
>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/help/what-does-end-of-support-mean
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>> MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 

0
PA
3/11/2010 6:58:33 AM
oops.

I am GS the original OP was from me and Iwas was using a different guest PC 
in the 2nd post but forgetting setting up my nickname.
sorry about that.

thx for replying.


Anyways, I got the Ie7 to save my settings in my brother-in-law's PC  today 
while still in SP2. however that happened only after some more security 
updates last night

They have choosen chrome as the default primary browser on their systems. so 
naturally the  2nd part of save my setting to create my own search provider 
or chossing search providers leads to error.  I got around with a copy of 
searchUrl.reg file for my  user ID I keep in my email

that file only change Internet explorer searchUrl for current user, so 
please don't shoot me

They will likely re-install the PC around July either with Xp sp3, hopefully 
in June. 


0
GS
3/11/2010 7:47:13 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

recieved error message 0x8DE00006
I cannot get Outlook to send a mass mailer out to business emails. Is ther a max amount that I can send too? I just keep getting this error message and then I go to look it up and there is not solution. Please help!? I have about 375 emails addresses in a distribution list. I just can't seem to send it out. This is most probably an issue with your ISP. They put a quota on how many emails you can send out at a single time. It is a control put in place to restrict Spam. Call your ISP for info -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests fo...

Error opening a document in Sales Literature
Anyone see this error instead of the document?: {{handler "C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~3\Server\bin\AttachmentHandler.dll"/Download}} ...

"Application has failed to start..." error message with VS2005 on new machine
VC++ MFC Project working absolutely fine on one machine Installed Visual Studio on a new portable and copied the project and all the settings over, done a complete rebuild which worked fine but now get an error message "The application has failed to start becuase the application configuration is incorrect. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem" Have tried reinsalling (but I dont think this is relevant as I am working with VStudio) the message pops up a couple of times but then the program runs OK Does anyone know what this means and how to find out what is missin...

All macros failing part way through with different error messages
All the macros I have in various workbooks are failing - usually part-way through - with different error messages each time. When I check the debugger and try to edit the text, there seems no reason why there should be a problem. The macro has so far stopped on instructions to : - open a workbook - select a worksheet - paste a column in a different place Several times the macro has just stopped running without completing and without showing an error message. I cannot run a host of urgent daily reports without using the macros. Please help! NO way to help unless you tell us exactly...

Cannot show, import, export userform: error &H80004005 / component is not corretly installed
Please, help me! I can not find where is the the information I need. My problem is: I had Windows 2000 and Office 2000. Now they installed Windows XP and Office 2000 (serv.pack 3). And my forms do not work anymore! The error message says nothing useful, only: 1) the component is not corretly installed (ok! but it's a common form with only normal windows common buttons and labels, not a single userparty creative control) 2) error: &H80004005 -2147467259 3) memory insuficient (ahah, at 512 Mb, only Excel running... ) 4) can not set OleObjectBlob property But if I try to open the...

How to transform HTTP query string (HTML data) to xml?
Dear experts, I need to send a simple HTML form to an ASP.NET page which has to create a xml object. What technique would you recommend me to use in order to transform a HTML form data to xml? What naming convention for the input fields would be best so that I can easily parse the query string in the asp page and create the xml object? I also dispose of the .xsd schema of the xml that must be created if that could be of some use. At every request the .xsd could change so I need some general algorithm. I would greatly appreciate your help. ...

Can't access internet with IE or Chrome
XP sp2. I picked up Antispyware 2009 virus. I cleaned it and see no symptoms other than the following possible symptom. I can't access the internet with IE or Chrome. I get Address not Valid error message. I installed Firefox as a test and CAN browse with Firefox. I installed IE8 over IE7 as an attempt to fix, but no luck. I can ping internet sites fine. I can run nslookup and get valid results. Host file looks fine...no weird entries. Any ideas? > I picked up Antispyware 2009 virus. I cleaned it... I don't think so. J wrote: > XP sp2. > I pi...

VLookup in VBA giving error message
Hi, I'm having trouble making the vlookup function work in VBA. the values that are used are all dates, I don't know if that makes a difference. Worksheets("sheet1").range("a1").value = application.WorksheetFunction. _ Vlookup(Range("c1"), range("a:a"), 2) this gives me a run-time error '1004' Unable to get the vlookup property of the Worksheet function class so i tried this: Worksheets("sheet1").range("a1").value = application.Vlookup(Range("c1"), _ range("a:a"), 2) but this gives me a #REF ...

Exchange Connector Wizard error
I received this error while trying to run this wizard for a generic CRM user(what role does it have to have?) that would accept all email directly to CRM. I ran it on a client computer (was this wrong?) Here is the error, anyway. "Failed to initialize the rule management subsystem." What is the correct procedure to run this wizard? I did not find it anywhere. Thanks! ...

Set a range from a variable location
I am using a loop function that will eventually select and activate a specific cell known as "TheCurrentCell." Once I reach that location I want to use that coordinate as the upper left area of a new range. Supposing that the end cell of my range is D1000, the Range selection would be something like Range(TheCurrentCell:D1000).select, however, I don't know the correct syntax to make this happen. Please help. Thank you. Use something like Range(Selection.Address & ":D1000").Select. "Troubled User" wrote: > I am using a loop function that will...

how to set the worksheet direction in Excel XP
in a right-to-left interface the vertical side showing the row numbers of the excel worksheet appears on the right side of the sheet. how do I change it' to appear on the left side? Hi does tools / options / international - default direction ... help? Cheers JulieD "inbal" <inbal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CC3B0D65-78B2-4B5B-A6B2-789773203853@microsoft.com... > in a right-to-left interface the vertical side showing the row numbers of > the > excel worksheet appears on the right side of the sheet. how do I change > it' > to a...

Vb.net 2008 ContextMenuStrip logical error when running code
Greetings, I have a connectmenustrip item that when clicked runs the following code (see below) Now if the event is called by the button i.e. cmdDeleteingBooking.Click the linq query returns the appropriate value. However when called by cntMnuCancelBookingItem.Click is returns 0 even if a checkbox is of 'TRUE' value. Debugging shows the code runs exactly the same code (which loops around rows in a datagridview checking if the checkbox has been checked). Could someone explain the reasoning why the same code would return different results? Private Sub cmdDelete...

Metadata Cache Error 04-14-04
When trying to "Go Offline" after synchronization completes I receive the: "Metadata Cache Error" No Entity Anyone experience/solve this issue? Hi, You may have replication setup issue on your SQL server, I suggest you to go through this article : http://mbs.microsoft.com/TechKnowledge/techknowledge.asp?print=true&id=33588&code=7842 If this is OK, you may test the following manipulation : Open SQL Enterprise Manager; go to Start select All Programs and then Microsoft SQL Server. Expand Microsoft SQL Servers, expand SQL Server Group, expand your Microsoft CR...

Applying A/P Credits to unposted A/P invoices
We are currently using version 9.0. Is there a way to apply unposted credits against unposted invoices as you are working? We create batches once a day and do not post them until the end of the day. Can this be done while the credit and invoice are in "work" status? Please advise. Thanks for your help! Julie, You can't apply to unposted transactions in AP (or AR for that matter). Sorry, -- Victoria Yudin GP MVP "Julie B" <JulieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:97C1F021-1E43-4305-B8F3-D54425FA45D9@microsoft.com... > We are currently...

js error in ie8
Hi, i am opening a popup window in ie8, the popup is load with loaded with one url and some javascript classes are intialized and able to call the member functions are from page and then i am re-directing the page the another url and the js classes are reinitialized. when i try to call the member function of the js class in the re-directed page, ie8 throws js error as "Unexpected call to method or property access". When debug the code, i found that the class is properly initialized and able to access the member variables of the class. i am getting problem only ...

Money: Err Msg: Path Has Not Been Properly Set Up
please help.... Microsoft Money. The path is not properly set up in the registry or has been moved after running Money's Setup. Please re-install Money. Otherwise, Money may not be able to run properly. re-instal wont help deleting registry entry dasn.t help. windowx xp sp2 Ms Money 97 (v.5.0) .. Are you using an administrator account to run the software? -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny for UK tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your wishes or suggestions, use http://registe...

clip ART #7
i AM HAVING TROUBLE DOWNLOADING CLIP ART FROM OFF LINE WHEN i DOWN LOAD IT AND TRY TO OPEN IN IT'S ALL FILE NAMES AND NO PICTURES JUST WORDS HELP When you download from the ClipArt site the file is either .cil or .mpf depending on your version. Double-click the package and the images will automatically go into your Organizer/Gallery. You may have lost the association too, right-click the file, properties, opens with... change, point to your Organizer/Gallery. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm "Janet Price" ...

Setting up my work outlook account at home
I do not know how to set-up my outlook at home to check and receive email at home. This is really a question for your Mail Administrator. This depends on what ISP is used for work or if you use the Exchange Server. Then there may be a domain access issue. -- Nikki Peterson [MVP - Outlook] "Liz" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049a01c39db2$d8df2cb0$a501280a@phx.gbl... I do not know how to set-up my outlook at home to check and receive email at home. ...

How to set Page Layout View as default when composing new eMail message?
Hi, I'm using Outlook 2003 (German) with MS Office Word as my E-Mail Editor. When composing a new eMail message, default view is always "Normal". I would like it to be "Page Layout" (or "Print Layout" in some Word version, I guess). I tried serveral things, from changing different templates (email.dot, normal.dot, mail.oft) to changing the Form for messages. But I didn't find a way to change the view here, because it's in Outlook style, not Word. And I didn't find any setting in Word for it. How can I change the default View? And which templ...

Label Error with image?
Hi, We are trying to print a label for jewelry, the only issue we seem to have is that when an image is put into the label designer the image is the right dimensions but instead of being an image it is a box with red lines cris-crossing with the word 'ERROR' displayed in the center. This all happens before printing, although when we try to print there is no image. So what is it that we are doing wrong to not have an image displayed in the Label designer of RMS PO Manager. Any help[ would be greatly appreciated! Thanks ___________________ Dave Dave, In Label Designer, you have ...

Frx Susbcript 9 error
I am running a consolidated Income Statement in FRx and I get an Error 9 when it hits this one company. It consolidates 5 different companies, one that is translated. I just can;t figure it out. I have a very similar Balance Sheet that runs just fine. I have tried everything, change the output names, etc. I can run the report if I just select that one company but when I run the total company it won't run, it stops with the error. I am using row linking and currency translation. I can run the report for all companies individually. I just don't get it. I have gone through the various kb...

error on install to pocket pc
"window\mny2day.dll" is in use or is in ROM. IFthe file is not in ROM, please close the application using the file. I do not understand what file could be using the same application or how to check the ROM. ...

How to set dependencies on project
Hello all, I have created a separate build on an existing project and copied settings from the existing project (Build->Configurations->Add). When I build the new project, it does not pickup any of the dependencies from sub-projects (ie I get link errors for all of them). Can someone tell me where to set these for the new project? The Project->Dependencies dialog list all dependencies for the project and are checked. Thanks mike wrote: > Hello all, > I have created a separate build on an existing project and copied settings > from the existing project (Build->Con...

Sql Agent Error
After installing CRM we are receiving the following error. "An error occurred when attempting to set the SQLSERVERAGENT service to AutoStart: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The specified service does not exist as an installed service at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Common.Utility.ServiceUtility.SetServiceToAutoStart(String serviceName, String machineName) at Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.ServiceRunningValidator.AutoStartLocalService(String serviceName, TimeSpan waitTimeForStart) We have CRM on a SBS 2003 machine and SQL EE 2000 on a W2K3 machine. Both are DCs the SBS holds all FS...

Interesting Solver problem (Solver encounters an error)
Here's an interesting problem, I wonder if anyone has any thoughts o this. Recognize that my real problem is very complex (severa intermediate calculation including some iterative steps), but th problem I'm having seems similar (conceptually anyway) to this simpl problem. Given a data set: x,y 10,3.9 8,3.2 7,2.8 6,2.2 5,1.4 4.5,0.8 4,0.01 3.8,-0.4 3.6,-1 3.5,-1.4 3.4,-1.8 3.3,-2.4 3.2,-3.2 3.1,-4.6 3.05,-6 One could look at the data and say, "that looks like the curve y=ln(x) but with a different asymptote other than the y-axis and possibly scaling factor." So we choos...