Cannot open internet explorer

When I open internet explorer it says "restore from last session" or "go to
home page" and that was it.  It can stay there for days and did not open.  I
tried all the fixes an it said there some running program unable to fix.
Please help.

Tom Lee

Hi,
Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- e.g.  Windows 7, Vista SP1,
XP SP2 , 32-bit, 64-bit, etc. Right-click Computer/My Computer> Properties
to obtain this information)

Which version of Internet Explorer? (From IE> Help> About)

What happens when you choose "Restore" or "Go to home page?"

[quote] > I tried all the fixes... [end quote]
It would help to know specifically what you've tried.
- - -
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the
desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no
add-ons)
Does the problem go away? If so, you have an incompatible browser add-on
installed.

For troubleshooting information see:
IEBlog  Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer�s (No Add-ons) Mode:
- - -
What security program(s) (antivirus, security suite, etc.) is/are providing
real-time protection?
Has the computer *always* been protected by an updated security program?

Has a Norton or McAfee security program ever been installed?
-
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Tom" <Tom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I open internet explorer it says "restore from last session" or "go
> home page" and that was it.  It can stay there for days and did not open.
> tried all the fixes an it said there some running program unable to fix.
> Please help.
>
> Tom Lee

0
Don
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
reply.

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

Vista & WinXP: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Win7:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
What third-party firewall (if any)?  Vista & WinXP: Were any of these
applications running in the background when you installed IE8?

it)?

Tom wrote:
> When I open internet explorer it says "restore from last session" or "go
> home page" and that was it.  It can stay there for days and did not open.
> tried all the fixes an it said there some running program unable to fix.
> Please help.

0
PA

Opening *.PST file: "Can't open this item. Outlook blocked access to this potentially unsafe item."
I recently received email files as part of client workpapers which I have to examine. They are *.pst files, which suggest they're bundled outlook folder file consisting of emails. They're not that big, about 500k to 500,000k bytes. I brought one to a folder in my outlook and tried to open it. I get a message, "Can't open this item. Outlook blocked access to this potentially unsafe item." What do I have to do here? Thanks. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/getexe.asp=20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the di...

Open form with 2 criteria
I need to open a form which need to satisfy 2 conditions. I know how to specify 1 condition but no idea how to specify 2. You can combine multiple conditions in the WhereCondition of OpenForm. Essentially the WhereCondition has to end up like the WHERE clause of a query, including the correct delimiters. This example shows how to use criteria on a numeric field, a Text field, and a Date field: Dim strWhere As String strWhere = "(MyNumber = 1) AND (MyText = ""dog"") AND (MyDate = #1/1/2007#") DoCmd.OpenForm "Form1", WhereCondition:=str...

Open file into existing worksheet
Hello! Is there a way I can open a comma delimited text file into an existing Excel worksheet, as opposed to xcel creating a new worksheet. I know I could do this using "Get External Data", but I keep running into query problems using that method. Thanks Dave Always nice to post your code with a description of the problem "daver676" <daver676@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1a4201c38389$6a0ab270$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Hello! > > Is there a way I can open a comma delimited text file into > an existing Excel worksheet, as opposed to xcel creating a...

Is it true that "open" spam will send sign to spammers ?
Let me know how you handle this: I am planning to forward mail flagged as 'spam' to user mailbox folders. When reviewing messages in such "Inbox/Spam" folders, if users open 'spam' messages incidentally to look for content, is it true that such action would trigger a signal that client is alive and that would attract more spam ? If so, I think user education is the only way to handle this; I would tell users to look only in the subject line and refrain from opening messages. Let me know what you think. It "can". It all depends on what type of spam it i...

Internet connection drops on & off
I am using Windows Vista - Business,Internet Explorer 7 and a ADSL broadband connection for internet(five computers use same connection to get internet) I am experiencing the internet connection drop down status on & off without a proper reason (according to my knowledge) to calrify with.Once in the status bar of my computer indicates that "currently connected to: ****.com Access:Local only" then I select diagnose & repair tool and it returns "windows did not find any problems with your internet connection" and the network connection icon on the statu...

opening Excel attachments
When I try to open up an excel attachment I get the following: Excel starts with no data. I then close excel but behind excel has a windows displaying "the system cannot find the file specified". If I save the file to disk, I have no problems opening up the file. Does anyone come accros this and do you have a solution? Thanks.... In Excel make sure the following option is not selected Tools-> Options-> tab General-> Ignore other applications -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Download...

Run-time error -2147467259 (800004005) when opening PPt from Access 03
HiI have made a system for someone. There is a button in the Acces db toopen a Power Point slide with this code.Private Sub Print_Certificate_Click()Set objPPT = CreateObject("PowerPoint.Application") objPPT.Visible = True Set objPresentation = objPPT.Presentations.Open("C:\Documents andSettings\Stel\My Documents\Cavy\Sponsorship pack\Sponsors\SponsorshipCertificate.ppt")End Subwhich has always worked perfectly on my computer. Now they've tried iton their computer and it opens PP (but not the slide) and comes upwith this error messageRun-time error -2147467259 (800004...

Update a control when a new page is opened in a form
I want to make a command button visible so the user can perform an action (say, print a letter) when a certain text box is filled in. I was finally successful in doing this. However, when I open a new page in the form, I can't figure out how to make the command button invisible again -- the command button remains visible even though the text box is empty. How do I get the page (whether I am clicking forward or backward) to make the command button visible (if the text box is filled in) or make the command button invisible (if the text box is empty)? I am very new to Access. I am...

See internet update for MS Internet Explorer
--tqhunngadh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="rgqagsbpxqofsaum"; type="multipart/alternative" --rgqagsbpxqofsaum Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sogqyokaer" --sogqyokaer Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help protect you...

Creating View where Case has been open for more than X days
Hello, I am trying to create a view to show me all Active cases that have been open for more than X number of days. The operand does not seem to be available in building the view. I see where I can define that the case was create in the last x days, but I kindof need a case was NOT created in the last X days. Any thoughts on how to do this? I am trying to show cases that are getting old since create date. Thanks There is nothing that I know of in the core product that would let you do this. Our add-on, VAST, by tracking all changes made to Microsoft CRM, also can tell you what DIDN'...

Windows Explorer
Is there a way to keep Windows Explorer from opening My Documents, with its many folders I never asked for, whenever I open a new Explorer window? TIA LAS On Dec 15, 9:02=A0am, "Laurel" <FakeM...@Hotmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to keep Windows Explorer from opening My Documents, with i= ts > many folders I never asked for, whenever I open a new Explorer window? > > TIA > LAS See if this will help you: http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/article01-419 Where would you like to open? Paste the following into the "Target" fiel...

File type on Open document window
At this time the "Files of type:" default in Excel is "All Microsoft Excel Files. I would like to change the default to "Micorsoft Excel Files". The reason for this is that I only want Excel files opening not Excel files and Web files Thanks for the help. I think excel (office?) likes to help. It'll remember the last setting until you change it. You could "prime the pump" by building a macro to display just *.xls files, but I've found it easier to just type: *.xls as the filename and hit enter. Not quite what you wanted, but maybe good enough...

internet link not working
i use outlook send the link to my co-worker for ex: \\servername\folder1\sale account my co-worker can open the link without sale account (note that there is space between sale account)once i add the sale account (sale account is folder)my co-worker cannot open the link. please advice ...

HOW TO SET AUTOMATIC OPENING
How do you get pictures (attachments)to open automatically in the preview pane in Outlook? I use Irfanview and it works perfectly for everything else and opens automatically in all except Outlook. Outlook doesn't have this feature.... Renee wrote: > How do you get pictures (attachments)to open > automatically in the preview pane in Outlook? I use > Irfanview and it works perfectly for everything else and > opens automatically in all except Outlook. Any idea what the PS is on the icons? >-----Original Message----- >Outlook doesn't have this feature.... > &...

Can't Open Attachments
Whenever I try to either attach a file to outgoing mail or read one in received mail I get "Could not open one or more attachments" There is no bar at the bottem of the email for attachments. I am still sending and receiving the attachments, but I have to right-click on the mail and go to "View Attachments" to do anything with them. I think I should be able to view image attachment in the mail but that doesn't work either. This is in Outlook 2000 SR1. I have the same program on my work computer and don't have this problem there. ...

UGH! Trouble downloading, and opening anything
Please can someone help I am running MS XP2, and have had NO trouble getting updates or any downloads before, I downloaded the MS baseline security analyzer 2 nights ago, and now I have major trouble downloading(it keeps telling me my ACTIVEX control is not enabled, But I did enabled it and restarted my computer, I have to download my item without the ACTIVEX. I extract it and open Excel, and it tells me that it cannot read the file!! Is there a way to get ACTIVEX's downloaded if the ones that already have aren't working right? And, How can I fix the downloading and opening probl...

VPN over Internet
Hello Group, Presently, I am running 2 Internet Cafes and Game Station in my home town. Both cafes have a distance of approximate 1000 Mtrs. Both cafes are using high-speed broadband internet connection. Both cafes have 8-8 Desktops PCs indiviually running and 1 server each for internet sharing. All the PCs have Windows XP SP2 Installed including the server. The problem is: Far Cry 2 is very much popular on both cafes and people like to play it in multiplayer mode. On both cafes, there is no problem playing the game in multiplayer mode individually. But a few days before, my...

Internet Message Format
Running EX2K3Sp1 - when I change the Internet Message Format for a domain, this fails to have the desired effect. e.g. I want to force plain text to a particular domain so I change the format to plain text but HTML messages are still received by the recipient? I'm sure I'm missing something obvious but can't see what it is :-) Thanks in advance. ...

create a list of worksheet names (from a single folder, or open files)
I need to create a list of worksheet names (tabs) or all the files (I'd like the file names as well, but think I've already found the add in from http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/index.html that does that part) the purpose is to create a list - from which I will use concatenate to make formulas linking to all the worksheets (they are all formated the same) so I can summarize financial information. (I use concatenate) make massive page of formulas and past special values to another page (creating text that upon adding an = sign in front will become formuals) I've found th...

can't open publisher files in new version
I have a newer version of Publisher on my new computer, and when I try to open an older publication from my previous computer It won't open. It says that Publisher can not open files created in an earlier version. Is there any way around this? Can you open Publisher files in a different type of software and export it to the current version of the software? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks, Joe Gibson I have no problems opening earlier versions. What version are you now working with, and what version are you trying to open? Greg "joe gibson" <jgibson@kerrdrug.com...

Internet header question
Does anyone know of any tool that could be ran against an outlook folder full of internet mail that would extract the SMTP address sent from for all of them and export it to any format? I'm going through spam from various users, and between the firewall and the antivirus software on my exchange server I want to add the IP's to a block list. But it's a pain opening them one at a time, getting to options, copying the IP, and pasting it into an excel spreadsheet. Thanks for any suggestions. John JDTHREE [MVP] <john@removeforspam.engagenet.com> wrote: > I'm going th...

Excel Doc. Can't open!
I tried to open an Excel file but I get a message that says it can't open due to High Security - what does that mean and can you do something to open the file? Thanks, Roberto Hi probably this file contains macros. Can you set your security to 'Medium' (if you trust this file). Menu: Tools - Macros - Security' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Roberto1 wrote: > I tried to open an Excel file but I get a message that > says it can't open due to High Security - what does that > mean and can you do something to open the file? > > Thanks, > >...

Outlook 2007 opening multiple times
Hi I am using Windows 7 and Outlook 2007. When I used to use Vista and Outlook 2007 I could open outlook, minimise it and then click the Outlook icon in my taskbar (or click the icon that appears in the system tray) and it would maximise a minimised outlook. Now, on Windows 7, I find the taskbar icon opens another instance of outlook - identical to the previously minimised one. It will do this over and over creating any number of identical outlooks and in order to close outlook before I shut down, I have to close each and every outlook instance individually! How can I ...

Microsoft Products not opening
Yesterday I was trying to download a word doc from my yahoo email. After the download, I noticed that the .doc saved to my desktop but with many symbols/numbers after the doc name. When I tried to click on it to open it in word, word never opened. I tried opening all the other microsoft products but they won't open either. I quickly deleted this downloaded file from my desktop, but I don't know if the download had anything to do with this problem or not. When I click on word, powerpoint, excel, etc. in the dock, the icon for the program will bounce up and down like it is about to o...

Try this internet pack from the MS
--bqznrltpdakewokwz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="aljlkjnnutqwx"; type="multipart/alternative" --aljlkjnnutqwx Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="bqcovxlnquehavno" --bqcovxlnquehavno Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure ...