Two e-mail programs simultaneously

I am using gmail for e-mail. I use the e-mail program Windows mail. But I now
have two computers. I would like to open my e-mails on the new computer too,
in a neat e-mail program. Outlook Express is pre installed so I want to use
that. The new computer (a netbook) operates with mobile broadband, they
stationary computer gets internet from cable.

Computer 1: (stationary)
Runs on broadband, Internet Explorer 8, Windows Vista, Windows mail

Computer 2 (netbook):
Runs on mobile internet, Internet Explorer 8, Windows XP, Outlook Express 6

I have configurated my e-mail account by just mirroring the settings from
computer 1 to computer 2. It doesn´t work. Possible to fix it?

Thankful for all help I can get.

Ove, Stockholm

inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpres 260 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Can you send from new computer? Once you're set up properly, you're going to
have to leave EMail on web server if you want access to the same mail.
Otherwise the message will be "gone" to the other unit.
--
I mastered Wordstar graphics!

"nn" wrote:

> I am using gmail for e-mail. I use the e-mail program Windows mail. But I now
> have two computers. I would like to open my e-mails on the new computer too,
> in a neat e-mail program. Outlook Express is pre installed so I want to use
> that. The new computer (a netbook) operates with mobile broadband, they
> stationary computer gets internet from cable.
>
> Computer 1: (stationary)
> Runs on broadband, Internet Explorer 8, Windows Vista, Windows mail
>
> Computer 2 (netbook):
> Runs on mobile internet, Internet Explorer 8, Windows XP, Outlook Express 6
>
> I have configurated my e-mail account by just mirroring the settings from
> computer 1 to computer 2. It doesn´t work. Possible to fix it?
>
> Thankful for all help I can get.
>
> Ove, Stockholm

1: Enabling POP in your Gmail account:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13273

2: Configuring your email client for Gmail: Outlook Express and Outlook
2002:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=13276&topic=1556

Set up your Outlook Express client to work with Gmail:
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=76147
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"nn" <nn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using gmail for e-mail. I use the e-mail program Windows mail. But I
>now
> have two computers. I would like to open my e-mails on the new computer
> too,
> in a neat e-mail program. Outlook Express is pre installed so I want to
> use
> that. The new computer (a netbook) operates with mobile broadband, they
> stationary computer gets internet from cable.
>
> Computer 1: (stationary)
> Runs on broadband, Internet Explorer 8, Windows Vista, Windows mail
>
> Computer 2 (netbook):
> Runs on mobile internet, Internet Explorer 8, Windows XP, Outlook
> Express 6
>
> I have configurated my e-mail account by just mirroring the settings
> from
> computer 1 to computer 2. It doesn´t work. Possible to fix it?
>
> Thankful for all help I can get.
>
> Ove, Stockholm

0
Bruce
3/8/2010 3:17:47 PM
In news:A313B47A-2986-44D3-8D43-94785FA146C4@microsoft.com,
nn <nn@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I am using gmail for e-mail. I use the e-mail program
> Windows mail. But I now have two computers. I would like to
> open my e-mails on the new computer too, in a neat e-mail
> program. Outlook Express is pre installed so I want to use
> that. The new computer (a netbook) operates with mobile
> broadband, they stationary computer gets internet from
> cable.
>
> Computer 1: (stationary)
> Runs on broadband, Internet Explorer 8, Windows Vista,
> Windows mail
>
> Computer 2 (netbook):
> Runs on mobile internet, Internet Explorer 8, Windows XP,
> Outlook Express 6
>
> I have configurated my e-mail account by just mirroring the
> settings from computer 1 to computer 2. It doesn´t work.
> Possible to fix it?
>
> Thankful for all help I can get.
>
> Ove, Stockholm

I don't know of any ISP that will allow multiple simultaneous connections to
an e-mail account, which is basically what you're trying to do if I
understand correctly. It just makes sense, don't you think?

Whichever machine will be the first to read mail should leave mail on the
server rather than delete it. It can still be marked as "read" if you wish,
so you don't have to keep seeing it. Read e-mails are kept track of on your
computer, not at the ISP, so another computer or even another account on
your computer would still see the message as not read yet the first time it
was accessed.

One of the two machines could  be delegated with the job of removing mail
from the server IF you want to do that. Personally, I just let the ISP age
them off their server on one machine, and the other deletes them after 30
days.  As long as you don't remove a message from the server before the
other accounts/machines can get to it, it'll all go fine.  It's sometimes
handy to be able to use a different account to read a message as new when
you manage to lose it or accidentally deleted it from your machine.

HTH,

Twayne`
Life is the only real counselor; wisdom unfiltered
through personal experience does not become a
part of the moral tissue.

0
Twayne
3/8/2010 6:24:18 PM
It what way doesn't it work?

By default using POP3 with Gmail, message will download to only on PC.
This is a Gmail "feature".  To download messages to both, see
Gmail: Using POP on multiple clients or mobile devices
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=47948

Another option with Gmail is to use IMAP.  In this case the mail
programs mirror the web mail.  Any changes made in either PC or the web
get reflected in the others next time you synch.  This includes deleting
messages or moving between folders.

Gmail: Enabling IMAP
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77695

Gmail: Configuring your IMAP email client
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=75726

--

Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us

"nn" <nn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am using gmail for e-mail. I use the e-mail program Windows mail.
> But I now
> have two computers. I would like to open my e-mails on the new
> computer too,
> in a neat e-mail program. Outlook Express is pre installed so I want
> to use
> that. The new computer (a netbook) operates with mobile broadband,
> they
> stationary computer gets internet from cable.
>
> Computer 1: (stationary)
> Runs on broadband, Internet Explorer 8, Windows Vista, Windows mail
>
> Computer 2 (netbook):
> Runs on mobile internet, Internet Explorer 8, Windows XP, Outlook
> Express 6
>
> I have configurated my e-mail account by just mirroring the settings
> from
> computer 1 to computer 2. It doesn�t work. Possible to fix it?
>
> Thankful for all help I can get.
>
> Ove, Stockholm

0
Michael
3/8/2010 9:35:59 PM
On both computers:

OE/WinMail Tools | Accounts | Mail | [mail account] | Properties | Advanced
| Delivery | Leave a copy of message on server (check)

OE/WinMail Tools | Accounts | Mail | [mail account] | Properties | Advanced
| Delivery | Remove from server when deleted from 'Deleted Items' (check as
appropriate)

On one computer:

nn wrote:
> I am using gmail for e-mail. I use the e-mail program Windows mail. But I
> now have two computers. I would like to open my e-mails on the new
> computer
> too, in a neat e-mail program. Outlook Express is pre installed so I want
> to use that. The new computer (a netbook) operates with mobile broadband,
> they stationary computer gets internet from cable.
>
> Computer 1: (stationary)
> Runs on broadband, Internet Explorer 8, Windows Vista, Windows mail
>
> Computer 2 (netbook):
> Runs on mobile internet, Internet Explorer 8, Windows XP, Outlook Express
> 6
>
> I have configurated my e-mail account by just mirroring the settings from
> computer 1 to computer 2. It doesn´t work. Possible to fix it?
>
> Thankful for all help I can get.
>
> Ove, Stockholm

0
PA
3/9/2010 2:44:35 AM
To everyone (no one forgotten) that tried to help – Thank you!

To Mr Bruce:
The settings worked partly for me. I did received an e mail (sent from a
hotmail account) on the new netbook (Outlook Express). But the side effect
was that the e mail did NOT come to the first computer (the stationary that
uses Windows mail). iow: pc2 works but not pc1.

To Mr Mike:
The settings with “Using POP on multiple clients or mobile devices” – the
“recent-settings” - resulted the other way around. I could receive an e-mail
on the stationary windows mail computer, but NOT on the netbook Outlook
Express computer. iow: pc1 works but not pc2

Therefore I once again tried the settings of “Enabling IMAP”. I think that
sounded a better solution for me. I think I have followed the instructions
BUT the problem is the settings of the actual Windows mail- and Outlook
Express programs. It now says “The server for incoming e-mail is a
pop3-server”. I wanted to change that to IMAP-server, but that´s not
possible. The word POP3 is stuck.

Prior to that I have changed the settings on Google Gmail where POP is
deactivated and IMAP is activated and I have saved.

To PA Bear
Maybe you wre saying something interesting but I didn´t understand it. Are
you saying that I should install Windows Mail on the netbook as well?

So I am still not out of the woods with this one..

/Ove, Stockholm
After experimenting and not succeding with the IMAP-server settings I have
temporarily gone back to the old settings of Gmail (the recent parameter in
POP settings).

That resulted in 800 mails now turning up again on the Whindows Mail. These
mails were previously erased - I erased them from the Windows mail and not
the Gmail. A long work lies ahead of me in determining what was and what was
not erased earlier.

I would naturally prefer a solution that means that an erased mail i Windows
Mailguarantees that it is also erased from the Gmail. How do I manage the
settings?

I supoose this question is just a continuation. I have - for the time being
- given up the idea of running Outlook Express on pc2. I am just gonna go
Gmail there. But I absolutely want that an erased mail on the Windows mail
(pc1) shall be automatically erased also from Gmail.

Is this possible, given the problem of settings with the IMAP-server?

Ove, again

"Michael Santovec" wrote:

> It what way doesn't it work?
>
> By default using POP3 with Gmail, message will download to only on PC.
> This is a Gmail "feature".  To download messages to both, see
> Gmail: Using POP on multiple clients or mobile devices
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=47948
>
> Another option with Gmail is to use IMAP.  In this case the mail
> programs mirror the web mail.  Any changes made in either PC or the web
> get reflected in the others next time you synch.  This includes deleting
> messages or moving between folders.
>
> Gmail: Enabling IMAP
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77695
>
> Gmail: Configuring your IMAP email client
> http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=75726
>
> --
>
> Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us
>

> "nn" <nn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I am using gmail for e-mail. I use the e-mail program Windows mail.
> > But I now
> > have two computers. I would like to open my e-mails on the new
> > computer too,
> > in a neat e-mail program. Outlook Express is pre installed so I want
> > to use
> > that. The new computer (a netbook) operates with mobile broadband,
> > they
> > stationary computer gets internet from cable.
> >
> > Computer 1: (stationary)
> > Runs on broadband, Internet Explorer 8, Windows Vista, Windows mail
> >
> > Computer 2 (netbook):
> > Runs on mobile internet, Internet Explorer 8, Windows XP, Outlook
> > Express 6
> >
> > I have configurated my e-mail account by just mirroring the settings
> > from
> > computer 1 to computer 2. It doesn´t work. Possible to fix it?
> >
> > Thankful for all help I can get.
> >
> > Ove, Stockholm
> >

> .

nn wrote:
<snip>
> To PA Bear
> Maybe you wre saying something interesting but I didn´t understand it. Are
> you saying that I should install Windows Mail on the netbook as well?

No, my instructions tell you how to have your Gmail account set up for POP3
access in each Mail Client (OE in WinXP & WinMail in Vista) such that all
messages in your inbox at http://mail.google.com will download into your OE
& WinMail inboxes.

0
PA
3/9/2010 2:50:25 PM
Hello again

You wrote:
Another option with Gmail is to use IMAP. In this case the mail
programs mirror the web mail. Any changes made in either PC or the web
get reflected in the others next time you synch. This includes deleting
messages or moving between folders.

This is what I want. I have now tried a third time to do the settings for
the IMAP in the Gmail as well as in the Windows mail. I have started a new
account in the Gmail instead of trying to change the old one and made it the
standard one. There the famous drop curtain actually existed and I could
click for IMAP. The rest of the settings are as follows. Unfortunately 800
new messages come again. The second time today.

So my concern this time is only the first stationary computer with Windows
mail.

The Gmail account - Settings -Forwarding and POP/IMAP are:
1. Status: POP is activated for all mails that has arrived since 2009-10-28
Enable POP for all mail
Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on
Disable POP

(Nothing else is clicked)

2. When messages are fetched with POP – erase G mails copy

3 Imap has been activated

The settings in the Windows mail are:
Under server:
The server for incoming e mail is an IMAP – server
Incoming e-mail (IMAP):	Pop.gmail.com
Outgoing e-mail (smtp):	smtp.gmail.com

Under advanced:
Outgoing e-mail (smtp):	25
Incoming e-mail (IMAP):	995

Under IMAP
“the pathway of the toot..”:	????

So my questions are
1. Are the settings right in the Windows mail? The ports?
2. What shall I do with the pathway of the root ?? (in amateurish
translation)
3. How can I get rid of the 1600 new messages? Messages that I probably
erased over time from Windows mail but not from Gmail
4. Is the following setting correct? “When messages are fetched with POP –
erase G mails copy”

If someone would just give a comment I will e-mail you a Schwarzwald cake,
or at least be very thankful!

and thanks everyone else too for good ideas.

Ove, Stockholm

Start here http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=75725
or here http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=77659 then see
http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=78892

Need more help?  Post here
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/label?lid=4d203e8a0a1429ff&hl=en

nn wrote:
> Hello again
>
> You wrote:
> Another option with Gmail is to use IMAP. In this case the mail
> programs mirror the web mail. Any changes made in either PC or the web
> get reflected in the others next time you synch. This includes deleting
> messages or moving between folders.
>
> This is what I want. I have now tried a third time to do the settings for
> the IMAP in the Gmail as well as in the Windows mail. I have started a new
> account in the Gmail instead of trying to change the old one and made it
> the
> standard one. There the famous drop curtain actually existed and I could
> click for IMAP. The rest of the settings are as follows. Unfortunately 800
> new messages come again. The second time today.
>
> So my concern this time is only the first stationary computer with Windows
> mail.
>
> The Gmail account - Settings -Forwarding and POP/IMAP are:
> 1. Status: POP is activated for all mails that has arrived since
> 2009-10-28
> Enable POP for all mail
> Enable POP for mail that arrives from now on
> Disable POP
>
> (Nothing else is clicked)
>
> 2. When messages are fetched with POP – erase G mails copy
>
> 3 Imap has been activated
>

> The settings in the Windows mail are:
> Under server:
> The server for incoming e mail is an IMAP – server
> Incoming e-mail (IMAP): Pop.gmail.com
> Outgoing e-mail (smtp): smtp.gmail.com
>
> Under advanced:
> Outgoing e-mail (smtp): 25
> Incoming e-mail (IMAP): 995
>
> Under IMAP
> “the pathway of the toot..”: ????
>
> So my questions are
> 1. Are the settings right in the Windows mail? The ports?
> 2. What shall I do with the pathway of the root ?? (in amateurish
> translation)
> 3. How can I get rid of the 1600 new messages? Messages that I probably
> erased over time from Windows mail but not from Gmail
> 4. Is the following setting correct? “When messages are fetched with POP –
> erase G mails copy”
>
> If someone would just give a comment I will e-mail you a Schwarzwald cake,
> or at least be very thankful!
>
> and thanks everyone else too for good ideas.
>
> Ove, Stockholm

0
PA
3/10/2010 2:32:12 AM
Problem is not resolved, it´s worse, but that´s because of my own mistakes.

I want to thank you and everyone else so much for great help and patience. I
have now taken my question to Google. If anyone´s interested in what happens:
http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/gmail/thread?tid=7aa42d0bbeb5bf85&hl=en

Thank you /Ove, Stockholm
"nn" <nn@discussions.microsoft.com> schreef in bericht
>I am using gmail for e-mail. I use the e-mail program Windows mail. But I
>now
> have two computers. I would like to open my e-mails on the new computer
> too,
> in a neat e-mail program. Outlook Express is pre installed so I want to
> use
> that. The new computer (a netbook) operates with mobile broadband, they
> stationary computer gets internet from cable.
>
> Computer 1: (stationary)
> Runs on broadband, Internet Explorer 8, Windows Vista, Windows mail
>
> Computer 2 (netbook):
> Runs on mobile internet, Internet Explorer 8, Windows XP, Outlook Express
> 6
>
> I have configurated my e-mail account by just mirroring the settings from
> computer 1 to computer 2. It doesn�t work. Possible to fix it?
>
> Thankful for all help I can get.
>
> Ove, Stockholm

0
elisabeth

number setting for workbook e.g. i want , instead of . in number
I want my excel should display number in US format not i German format. How to change number display setting for whole excel file. Check out Start>Settings>Control Panel> Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options> Regional and Language Options>click 'Customize' button If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "Rajesh" wrote: > I want my excel should display number in US format not i German format. > > How to change number display setting for whole excel file. ...

newbie needs help in Ezcel programming #2
Hi everyone, please help me with this, newbie to Excel. I know what I want but, but dont know how to get it! I have a spreadsheet called Rawdata.xls and within that a sheet called "table a". The sheet contains data within B10:I100 where column b contains a list of non-unique codes, and column C contains a number of unique identifiers. Another spreadsheet called Tables.xls contains a sheet called "Numbers". Cell B10 contains a list of all the codes contained in a defined range (which is the same as all the codes in column b of "table a" in RawData.xls What I ...

Chart two variables with differing values
I'd like to chart data similar to: Year 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 Thefts 75 120 95 101 80 Veh. Mfg. 100,200 125000 130000 145000 125000 I want to produce a chart with the year on the abcissa and with the Thefts scale on left ordinate and Veh. Mfg on the right ordinate and have the scales set accordingly. I'm running Excel 2002. Seems i can't select the Format/Selected Series data Series/Secondary Axis to set the scales correctly. I'd like to get som...

how to add smiley face in script of e-mail
Like this :-) -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "freemarket" <freemarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:21921811-FB9E-4494-A4D1-13BD668B10F5@microsoft.com... > On Thu, 29 Oct 2009 13:37:02 -0700, freemarket <freemarket@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Nothing at all. -- Steve Hayes from Tshwane, South Africa Web: http://hayesfam.bravehost.com...

Attaching items to e mails
I have a user trying to attach items from SharePoint libraries to e mails in Outlook (2007). When she selects an item and tries to attach it she gets this message "The operation is not supported until the entire message is downloaded. Download the message and try again" which makes no sense in the context. She is using an XP machine but I cannot duplicate this error on either XP or Vista machines on the same network. No one else is having the same problem. Anybody know a possible cause (and a solution)? ...

Excel Formula for determining azimuth relative to true north between two sets of geographic coordinates?
Using the geographic coordinates for each, I've "translated" the FCC procedure for determining the distance between two transmitters ( per FCC 73.208) into Excel formulas. Excel gives identical distance results to the "fill-in" form provided in www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/bickel/distance.html . But there is no comparable formula in the FCC R&R for determining the bearing (azimuth) between the stations relative to true north, although the FCC's fill-in form does provide azimuth. My problem with using the fill-in form is that I have hundreds of computations to make and...

How to make a 'automatic mail rule installer'
Hi, I wrote a mail rule and want to distribute it to my friends. but I think it will be nicer if the mail rule can be installed with just one click. How can I make it? If 'visual script' is an answer, which object shoud I create? Or Where can I find the reference or sample? I'll be very appreciate if you give me just a hint. More explanation on my question. Maybe the expression 'wrote' in "I wrote a mail rule" is distracting. 'mail rule' means the rule which can be made through the menu 'tools' , which is usually used for filtering, forwar...

Windows Mail
I am getting the error messages for the POP3 and SMTP server names can someone tell me the name for these servers in order to get this service up and running elvin Your email account provider(s) has that information. They should have a help page on their website. If you tell us who provides your email account, perhaps someone can assist you. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate 64 http://explore.live.com/windows-live-mail http://download.live.com/wlmail "Elvin Diaz" wrote in message news:#IkoKqFSLHA.4996@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... I am getting the er...

How does on stop countless repetitions of e-mails please?
Over the past two days I have received several repetitions of e-mails. Some are repeated three or four times and there are about 300 messages at a time. I have, however, not received e-mails for today, 28th Septembere. Type of server used is? If POP3 do you leave messages on the server? Version of Outlook is? Do you have any email antivirus integration enabled? -- Bill R "Nick." <Nick.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45385CE5-38DD-4024-B9FE-C96E1BC8D30D@microsoft.com... > Over the past two days I have received several repetitions of e-mails. > Some...

how do I turn off the e-mail popup notification?
I don't want the huge box popping up every time I get an e-mail. The little envelope is sufficient notification. You can change the notification options here: Tools menu > Options > Email Options > Advanced "Damian" <Damian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DE35B56-73F3-4CDC-B5EE-6AB731AC936F@microsoft.com... >I don't want the huge box popping up every time I get an e-mail. The >little > envelope is sufficient notification. ...

Sent mail is not in sent folder
I send a message with attachments, it sends fine. When I go into the Sent folder to view and print a copy of my sent message there is nothing in it. I checked the tools and made sure the box was checked for saving a copy of sent mail. I checked every folder and they are nowhere to be found. While in Sent Items: View | Current View. Is: Show All Messages checked and nothing else? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "GatewayPA" <GatewayPA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35274335-45C7-4A15-9B1B-B453AD23A...

when re-running installer to install omitted program (Entourage) does complete re-install, then fails
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi Everyone. I installed Word and PowerPoint a few weeks ago, and I want to now install Entourage. So I re-ran the installer ("/Volumes/Microsoft Office 2008/Office Installer.mpkg"). It didn't give me any options for selecting Entourage. Instead it just kicked off an installed *everything*, including Word and PowerPoint. Crap. This is very upsetting as I DON'T want messenger, excel, etc. Adding insult to injury, the program asked if I wanted to install the update ("Install Microsoft Office 2008 fo...

receive e-mail Microsoft Exchange 2003
Dear Reader, I have for my own use an Microsoft Exchange Server installed! I'm an newbie in the use of Exchange! I have configure Exchange so that I can send e-mail with my own registered domainname! Now I can't receive e-mail and i don't now where I can configure it! Where I have registered my e-mail address i have made an MX record so that the mail will be send to my own IP-address. My ISP said that they don't block e-mail trafic and i have configure my router so that it send trafic on port 25 and 110 to my server! Can someone help me! how I must configure it and how I can...

Two charttype on chart
Hi, I have export the data to excel from Vb, then add the graph in excel and set my secondary axis as.. ..SeriesCollection(4).AxisGroup = xlSecondary then how we set this group only as chatrtype as xlLine and the primary axis values by Column charttype -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Hi, Try this, ..SeriesCollection(4).AxisGroup = xlSecondary ..SeriesCollection(4).ChartType = xlLine Cheers Andy shah firdaous via OfficeKB.com wrote: > Hi, I have export the data to excel from Vb, then add the graph in excel > and set my secondary axis as.. > .SeriesCollection(4).Axi...

two servers for two domains
i have two domains, the first is 2000 and the second is NT. the exchange server is installed on NT. all the users (of the domain NT and 2000) are installed on a exchange server in the NT domain. i would like to have two servers exchange, one for the users on NT domain and the other for the users on 2000 domain, but with the same suffix (i mean "@microsoft.com") and with the server exchange on NT who goes on internet for the external email. how i can do this? thanks XCON: Sharing SMTP Address Spaces in Exchange 2000 PSS ID Number: 321721 cinqueg.nospam@yahoo.com wrote: > ...

Program trying to access Outlook
I just upgraded my Office XP Pro from the Microsoft Security site. But now, whenever I try to create a new e- mail message, I get the warning that a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. I click no....ie not allowing this, and the new message window opens. However, I keep getting error messages and requests to report errors to Microsoft. This never happened prior to up Office Upgrade. Any ideas what this is? Thanks. "bill h" said in news:17f7c01c419fa$8dcb5d10$a401280a@phx.gbl: > I just upgraded my Office XP Pro from the Microsoft > Se...

Outbound mail #3
Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 ENTERPRISE Patched uptodate With SP1. Once a week we are having to restart the exhcnage server because the exchange server is unable to send email to external domains (any). All incoming emails are coming thru. As soon as we reboot the exchange server the outbound email will start flowing fine. Could some body please help me resolve this issue any KB article or any kind of info will be much appreciated. Ihulk On Fri, 6 May 2005 17:12:01 -0700, "Ihulk" <Ihulk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 ENTERPRISE Patched ...

cannot Delete message in Junk mail folder
We are using Exchange 2003 and Veritas backup exec to back up exchange. I had an email in my Junk email folder that were corrupt files and as a result there was on error message on the backup log. So I set my Junk folder to delete automatically and not save any message in junk folder. My folder is empy when viewed through outlook. The next day my backup showed the same message rederencing the same email message that I thought was deleted. So, using Veritas backup exec I thought I could correct this problem by not including my junk folder in the daily backup. Still get the error message ...

how to get the other file 's icon in my program
hello ,gays . i hava a question : how to get the other file 's icon and show it ? for example ,when i select a file which named abc.zip , i will get the winzip's icon . when i open an other EXE file ,for expamle MSN , i will get MSN's icon and show it . how can i do ? thanks . enlone I think the customary thing is to display the first icon. Off the top of my head: HICON GetIconFromFile(CString szExe) { HINSTANCE hLibrary; //load module if( (hLibrary = LoadLibraryEx( szExe, NULL, LOAD_LIBRARY_AS_DATAFILE )) == NULL ) { // Failed to load - abort Afx...

Blocking and Unblocking e-mails cause e-mails to be deleted?
Does anyone know if blocking or unblocking e-mails can delete a folder with e-mails? I'm tring to help a friend who thinks she lost when she was unblocking some e-mail addresses. Her e-mail address came up automatically when she was unblocking and that she clicked on yes for blocking herself and therefore lost all of her messages. I wouldn't think it would be possible to block yourself but does anyone know for sure? And if so would that delete your e-mails? I guess the most important question is can you recover the lost e-mails? Thanks for your help, Jerry No, outlook...

Where do I begin with mail merge and letters or postcards
Hi, I'm used to using Word to perform all mail merge taks. How do I create a letter, insert fields and use mail merge? I've looked through the Help section in Publisher 2003, but it isn't as informative and user friendly as past Publishers and Word. I would like the document to include the date, name/address fields, my text, and fields throughout the letter. For example: September 4, 2007 Name/Address field Dear First Name Field, Body text.... Sincerly, Me Any information will be appreciated. I have MS Publisher 2003 For Word, go here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-u...

mail merge from Word
I have Word 2002 SP3 and Outlook 2002 SP3. In Outlook I use Word to compose emails. In the past I have done a mail merge between them without any problem. All of a sudden it doesn't seem to work right anymore. I set up a document in Word with a separate data source. When it is ready to be mailed, I click on Merge to Email. The "To" field is assigned the email addresses and I fill in the subject line. After I click OK, the status line tells me it is merging the records and it cycles through all of them. However, when I bring in to focus the Outlook window, nothing is happening....

Counting checkboxes between two dates
I'm tring to build a query that will count the number of checkboxes between the dates of two other fields. I have two tables within the query. One table (tblInspection) contains InspectionID, InspectionDate, and Citation, among others. The other table (tblReinspection) contains ReinspectionID, and ReinspectionDate, among others. There is a one to many relationship between the two tables, tblInspection being the parent table. Only one InspectionDate will be entered but none or many ReinspectionDates may be entered. The Citation field is a checkbox. What I am tring to do is to find all the ...

mail crossing over?
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_007E_01C35BA0.27E2B610 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable hi, sorry to bug again, but another question. I noticed, that if I don't create a separate entity for each mail = account, the mail on one is also shown on another sometimes, if they are = on the same identity. I'm not sure why that is....anyone else having = this trouble? I could just make identities for all of them but that = would make for many, and making several accounts under each woul...

Customer Experience Program GP10
How do I get rid of this annoying reminder? I've tried everything. Thanks. On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 09:09:48 -0700 (PDT), Mark <mhepburn@gmail.com> wrote: >How do I get rid of this annoying reminder? I've tried everything. You could put some black electrician's tape over the place on the monitor where the reminder is. --- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP ...