Duplicate e-mail msgs

After changing providers, I set up my Outlook Express to recieve the e-mails
rather than leaving them on the web mail site.. I am now getting two of every
msg.  I have gone into Tools>accounts>mail and removed all accounts but this
new address, but still receiving 2.. I then went back in and went on further
to properties >general and unchecked the "include this account when
receiving*" box..  Then I receive NO e-mails when i send a test msg.. Can
someone tell me what I am missing??
Thanks so much..
inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpres 260 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If you haven't rebooted after removing the old account, do so first.

Is it a POP3 account?

Same mail messages continue to be downloaded from POP3 account:
http://www.insideoe.com/problems/bugs.htm#pop3uidl

Also, turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a
redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and
receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account
setting changes and has even been responsible for loss of messages. Your
up-to-date A/V program will continue to protect you sufficiently. For
more, see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#3

Note that for some AV programs, it may be necessary to uninstall the
program and reinstall in Custom Mode and uncheck e-mail scanning when the
option arises.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"bonkk" <bnbkirk@speednetllc.com> wrote in message
> After changing providers, I set up my Outlook Express to recieve the
> e-mails
> rather than leaving them on the web mail site.. I am now getting two of
> every
> msg.  I have gone into Tools>accounts>mail and removed all accounts but
> this
> new address, but still receiving 2.. I then went back in and went on
> further
> to properties >general and unchecked the "include this account when
> receiving*" box..  Then I receive NO e-mails when i send a test msg..
> Can
> someone tell me what I am missing??
> Thanks so much..

0
Bruce

Junk mail #14
Hello Last few days we're getting a lot of regular e-mails moved to Junk-mail folder in Outlook 2003. Can't find any way why this is so, because these are just ordinary mail, without any garbage or other stuff. Junk mail settings are set to low-security, also all Outlook spam updates are installed. Any ideas what could cause this? We're using linux mail server, not MS Exchange. It's strange because after a week or two everything was working fine and there were no changes made to computers, besides critical updates. Are there any problems in general with junk mail filter in Ou...

Windows Mail
When I try and send mail using windows mail (vista) I get this message I contacted comcast changes all ports etc and no luck. Also when I used to use outlook express and when to file I could change the identity there. I can't seen to find out how and both my email and wifes is going to the same inbox I hope someone has a suggestion. thanks Arthur The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and re...

Can I Mail Merge A Picture?
I am creating form letters in Publisher 2000, and I need to change the picture depending on who is receiving the letter. Can I create a mail merge field for the different pictures? I am merging from an Excel list. According to this chart: http://www.microsoft.com/office/publisher/prodinfo/compare.mspx Publisher 2000 doesn't have that capability. You may wish to try the instructions for Publisher 2003 anyway: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP010385061033.aspx If that doesn't work, these instructions are claimed to work with Word 2000: http://support.microsoft.com/def...

MSOutlook 2000 Corrupts Incoming Mail Attachments
I am using MSOutlook 2000 on company LAN and attachments with incoming e-mails are being corrupted/lost. If I do not use MSOutlook but use webmail to view my mail on server, attachments are fine. What is going wrong? What happens if you select File | Save Attachments on one of these messages that have a corrupted/lost attachment? (or better stated, does the size field indicate that the attachment is still there even if you can't see it?) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

mail notification
will outlook or outlook express show a notification when outlook or explorer are not open? j wrote: > will outlook or outlook express show a notification when > outlook or explorer are not open? Nope. ...

e-mail #15
how can I get outlook 2002 to aoutomatically post new e- mails in my inbox? right now I have to click the send and receive button each and every time that I think I may have a new e-mail. "Chris S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0a2601c3d9e4$2614e3e0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > how can I get outlook 2002 to aoutomatically post new e- > mails in my inbox? right now I have to click the send > and receive button each and every time that I think I may > have a new e-mail. Tools-Send and Receive settings-Define send and Receive Groups and ch...

Archiving of Windows Live Mail
Can someone please point me to a procedure that will explain how to off load a bunch of emails that I want to keep but do not want in the active WLM folders. Seems like in the Outlook Express days there was a way but I have long since forgot what I did. Help appreciated. You could create a folder(s) on the Desktop and just drag messages into it. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Ken" <krlorenz@comcast.net> wrote in message news:EB7EFBBB-12DA-4CAF-A02C-556B10A60C58@microsoft.com... > Can someone please poin...

Export News from Outlook express and import into windows mail
I only used outlook express for newsgroup so I need to backup and transfer all the messages that I flagged with the glasses icon. I just installed windows mail and it only downloaded the first 1000 messages. I can't see all of my messages because some of them they are old ... maybe 2002 but i need them all in the same place. How can I transfer these messages and the replies to windows mail? Outlook Express as well as other newsreaders only mirror what is on a news server and newsgroups neither import nor export. You can only export the account setting, but not groups or...

Saving Word E-Mail as a Revision/Draft
Hi, I would like to be able to use the E-Mail feature in Word 2003 to save an email as a draft/revision for future use. I do not want to save the word doc as an attachment. Is this possible? Thanks, Josh Why don;t you just create the word doc, save it, and then email it when you're ready. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JoshB" <JoshB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9710F08D-64E2-45B7-8115-BE8F0B116369@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I would like to be...

mail method
How can I tell what mail method has been setup on my server? IE SimpleMail, SMTP... Thanks! I assume your talking about SMTP or ESMTP?, try telnetting to the server on port 25 and see what response you get, Exchange 5.5, 2000 and 2003 all support SMTP and ESMTP -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "becky" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ba2701c4501a$c2214ab0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can I tell what mail method has been setup on my > server? IE SimpleMail, SMTP... > > Thanks! ...

Duplicate emails on exchange server 5.5
Im using w2k server sp4, and exchange server 5.5 witn sp4 also Im suprised that some of the users are receiving duplicate emails local and internet and it is continously increasing and annoying to the user that they received the same kind of emails despite the fact that they read already. What seems to be the problem. Thank you very much in advance for your help. Manny >>receiving duplicate emails local and internet local and internet? Are they different messages? Is the user a member of a distribution list and are the messages sent to the DL and the user? Manny wrote: > Im...

Do I need Publisher installed to read/edit articles in an e-mail?
I will be receiving e-mails with attachments containing Publisher2002 created articles. Do I need to have Publisher 2002 or later editions in order to read and edit these e-mail articles? On Mon, 7 Nov 2005 22:20:03 +0000, quilter512 wrote (in article <E5DAA762-0ABA-49C2-8DDB-9A0D05162496@microsoft.com>): > I will be receiving e-mails with attachments containing Publisher2002 created > articles. Do I need to have Publisher 2002 or later editions in order to > read and edit these e-mail articles? You can answer your own question by STFW. You not heard of Google Grou...

Imported text file w/o unique identifiers, find duplicates
Imported a txt file w/o unique identifiers and have run a query to find possible duplicate records based on 3 seperate fields. How can I either update those fields that may be in error in the original table or append a new record w/o the duplicate data and delete the original record? In the following I need to determine which records to keep, which to delete and/or which to update. End Date Total Sheets Time Operator Name 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00094123 B D MCNARA 3/3/2007 14 0:00 00095681 NAME UNKNOWN 3/17/2007 84 0:01 00091234 C D S 3/17/2007 84 0:01 000...

How do I delete outbox e-mails that aren't sent.
I can not remove an e-mail that did not successfully send. It slows all my outgoing e-mails. Any ideas would be great. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ "jwinn" wrote: > I can not remove an e-mail that did not successfully send. It slows all my > outgoing e-mails. Any ideas would be great. ...

how to deal with duplicate data rows
I need to interface with a program that generates a .csv file with row of data. It generates 2 or more rows for each instance uniquely identified by the docket/page combination Example: last first bank trustee docket page smith john ny bank (blank field) 12235 8907 (blank field) (blank field) cal western 12235 8907 smith janet ny bank (blank field) 12235 8907 I need to consolidate all three lines into one row by concating field that contain different data (first name column) and columns with blan spaces to look like the ...

how can I use my e-mail addresses on excel xp with microsoft outlo
I need to use my addresses on Excel xp with Microsoft outlook. I want to use my excel file as a database that I can change and improve everyday. I need to send mails to more than 1 contact, so creating an e.mail link is not enough for me: in fact, if I click on it, I send my mail only to 1 address... Txs See http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Cat" <Cat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C7A9A930-6846-4071-8714-ED9CC50CD79F@microsoft.com... > > I need to use my addresses on E...

Microsoft Mail
Is there anyway to setup microsoft mail in outlook 2002 to attach to existing microsoft mail postoffice. ...

See other people mails
Hi, I want to see all incomings and out goings messages by my boss .How to do that in exchange 2003? also see external pops mail all users in exchange 2003 thanks Hi, One of the options is to enable message journaling or archival as it's sometimes known. In Exchange System Manager, navigate to the mailbox store, and bring up the properties sheet. On the front page of that you can select a button with the description : Archive all message sent or received by mailboxes on this store. Underneath that you can specify the location that the mails should be archived to. This is n...

General mail failure when sending e-mail from Excel
Hello everyone! I am having a problem using the Send To function in Microsoft Excel 2003. When I go to File, Send To, Mail Recipient(As Attachment) I get an error message that says "General mail failure. Quit Microsoft Excel, restart the mail system, and try again ". I have closed Outlook and opened it back up many times already and it doesn't help anything. My OS is Windows XP SP2 and I have Office 2003 SBE. It doesn't appear to have anything to do with the size of the document I am trying to send. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for your help. -- ...

Junk E-mail folder
Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and permanently delete items older than 30 days? Thanks. You can use the AutoArchiving to do that. Right click on the folder, choose Properties and go to the AutoArchive tab "Jaycee" <jaycee131973@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%232IGo%238NGHA.2300@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to configure the Junk E-mail folder to automatically and > permanently delete items older than 30 days? ...

New Mail [WILDPACKET]
Under Outlook I do a new message -> select Global Adress List -> then click on Find on the middle of the screen I window opens with so many fields such as Display Name, first Name, last name and so on. These fields only showuop if outlook user is online. if a user is offline s/he only sees one field when they hit find ...It shows only Find names containing. Is this behaviour by design? Advise Please. Thanks, "WILDPACKET" <WILDPACKET@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Under Outlook I do a new message -> select Global Adress List -> then click >on Fin...

Try again: Using mail-to hyperlink with an attachment
I'm creating forms using Excel and Word. Somewhere in the form is an email address. I can use Edit-hyperlink to specify the recipient address of the email address as well as the subject field. Great. What I'd really like is to be able to specify that the form file itself (the ..doc or .xls) is also attached to the email message. I'd like to specify that right in the hyperlink. Then it can act as a workflow. I don't know anything about VBA so I'd rather not go there. Is this possible? Hi Hall, No, I don't think it is possible without some amount of VBA - I c...

Re: o many mails in our out queue with out source Address
HI My exchange server is is having all the setting as you said still i am getting these messages. Recently i have removed few user because they left the oraganasiton, and they use to get so many Junk-E-mails do u think because of these e-mail's coming. pls if u have any ide pls let me know. Thanks Shaikh Hello Shaikh If you just want to delete those message, you can select them in "Queues" tab inside "Internet Mail service" properties and click "Delete" button. You can consider going to "Internet Mail" tab inside IMC and click Advanced but...

Outlook's Junk e-mail filter relationship to Hotmail?
I was surprised to learn recently that Outlook's Junk e-mail feature controls junk mail routing on Hotmail's server when you use Outlook to access your Hotmail. It seems to even take precedence over exceptions you have set on Hotmail itself. I always assumed Outlook's (2003 SP1, latest filter) junk mail filtering strictly controlled what happened once the mail hit the *client*, but apparently not in this case. The end result is that you pretty much have to create exceptions on both the client and the server in order to prevent certain mails from winding up in Hotmail's J...

Exch 5.5 public folder duplication
We have created a Public folder of type Post. All users can post and read from it. We use it as an items for sale area. Sometimes, however, multiple entries of the same entry appear, sometimes 2, 3 or 4 copies. Anyone know what might be causing this? ...