Year end inventory close

Hi,

This is my first time doing year end inventory close. The rest are done by
our account dept.

I would like to know how do I find out whether I have done the closing
successfuly as it seem like there is no reports generated?

Thanks for your help in advance.

0
Richard853 (481)

Dear Richard,

After doing year end you can check year to date values will be
changed. and also in smart list you can check begining quantity filed
will be populated as it will be closing quantity of last year. One
other thing year end do is to set quantity sold to zero. look in smart
list or item inquiry for checking this.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Sheikh Asif
0
asifbunty (75)

RFID/EAS Sales, Inventory and Loss Prevention Solution POS2009/RMS
If you or your client are looking for a solution to lower overall employee costs and increase inventory accuracy and provide loss prevention, we have an integration solution that provides three main functions for POS 2009 and RMS 2.0: 1. Instant Sales Check-out - Shortens Lines Quicker and Improves Sales Turn-Over Ratios 2. Fast Inventory Counts - Save Man-Hours and Increase Inventory Counts 3. Anti-theft Loss Prevention - Protect your assets from external AND internal sources. More information can be found at http://www.palmettoretail.com/freedom ...

Programmatically Close Report
Hi. I have a report that, when opened with OpenArgs, prints the number of copies specified in OpenArgs. Shown here: Private Sub Report_Activate() If Len(Report.OpenArgs) > 0 Then DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , acHigh, Report.OpenArgs End If End Sub I'm trying to programmatically close the report if OpenArgs exist. But no mater which method I try (Load, Current, Deactivate, etc), I'm getting the error "Run-time error '2585'. This action can't be carried out while processing a form or report event." Private Sub Report_Deactivate() If L...

Closing a child Dialog when the Mouse button is clicked outside the Parent Dialog
Hai I Have a Parent Dialog and a ChildDialog associated with that and when the mouse is clciked outside the Parent Dialog the child window has to be closed and the parent dialog has to minimized to the taskbar please let me know how to handle this situation Thanks and Regards sures h Are you referring to a dialogs that have Parent/Child relation? The reason I ask is because this is rather unusual. Modeless dialogs are used as children of the frame window as form view. Are you writing something similar to this? "Suresh" wrot...

Change Outlook Default Setting United States of America at end of address line (Country/Region)
How can I turn off or omit the words "United States of America" which is added as the last line by the Contacts app when I use an address from Outlook Contacts to address an envelope in Word? This is a waste of ink. Outlook 2002 SP2 A typical address would look like this when clicked from the Outlook Contacts book to the envelope app in Word. Want to know how to change the default setting, turn off the last line, (don't want it included in the address) which is added by Outlook as a default line. Want the default to be without country/region. Example of what is completed by curre...

Inventory Aging
Please let me know if there is a standard report available in GP inventory for Aging of Inventory - Eg: Report which goes like - less than a year old, one to two years old, and so on. Thanks No there is not. -- Charles Allen, MVP "CarlG" wrote: > Please let me know if there is a standard report available in GP inventory > for Aging of Inventory - Eg: Report which goes like - less than a year old, > one to two years old, and so on. > > Thanks Thanks Charles. But what if this is required by the user? Is customised report, the only solution? Since we are ...

Discontiuned inventory items
Once an item in inventory has been marked as discontinued and has a quantity on hand of zero, the user should have the option of removing it from lookup lists throughout the sales order processing and inventory modules WITHOUT removing history for the item and deleting the item. Can you please tell me how to do this? Is there a way to get the quantity to zero so that I can delete it? We are changing part numbers (again). I have over 700 parts in GP's and need only about 75 and I have never, in five years, been able to figure out how to do this. Any help you can give me would ...

Is there an option in Outlook '03 to confirm before closing?
Many times I will inadvertantly X out of Outlook and will have synch issues when I restart immediately. Is there an option that asks "Are you sure you want to close Outlook?" I know there is an option that asks to confirm before permanently deleting messages, but I haven't found one that will allow you to abort closing Outlook. Any ideas? "Cashman" <Cashman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FF1544E7-0D2F-4BC8-8BC0-FEA9EC40FEA5@microsoft.com... > Many times I will inadvertantly X out of Outlook and will have synch issues > when ...

Pressing Tab to add a new record at the end of one record in a for
Back in Access 97 and 2003, I noticed that when you reach the end of a record in a form and press tab, it used to take you to a new record. But, in Access 2007, it's not doing that. Please let me know what I need to check for to enable this function. There's a form property (Cycle) that affects how a <Tab> affects the screen. You can set it to (re-)cycle back through the fields of the record you're on, or move to the next record. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "briangw" <briangw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:329198...

Grouping daily transactions by month (using pivot tables), across years
Hello - Could someone please let me know the best way to use a pivot table to group daily transactions into monthly totals. I noticed there is a "Group and Show Detail" option----but it seems to be unable to portray 2 separate Januarys when they fall into two separate years. For instance, if my data is 1/1/07 1000 1/4/07 8000 1/19/08 10000 I just get a total for January, rather than two separate totals for Jan 07 and Jan 08. Is there a way to allow the pivot tables to show Monthly totals, but ensure that I can distinguish between years? Is there possibly a way to in...

When you open a message (in a new window), and copy one or more files contained in this message, and then close the window, the file is not kept in the clipboard. I have to copy the file and paste it before closing the window. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the...

sunday is my week ending day
Hi All, When I use DATEDIFF(week, '6/1/2010', '6/6/2010') the answer I expect should be 0 because I consider Sunday my week ending day. The answer I get is 1 which is incorrect in my situation. How would I adjust for this? Thanks, rodchar You can use SET DATEFIRST to change first day of the week and check it's current value using SELECT @@DATEFIRST. But I think algorithm if DATEDIFF does not take it into account. Instead you can count number of days and divide it by 7. "rodchar" <rodchar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Outlook sends mail on closing program
On closing Outlook 2002 it attempts to send e-mails. I've tried Norton and McAffee to no avail. Does not pick up any virusses. Any ideas what it may be? Please!! outlook, options, mail setup / send receive, see if there is a check mark on the performa an automatic send/receive on exit "Chris" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:475701c3ff5c$5858e200$a301280a@phx.gbl... > On closing Outlook 2002 it attempts to send e-mails. I've > tried Norton and McAffee to no avail. Does not pick up any > virusses. Any ideas what it may be? Please!...

Inventory Transaction Drill back
Are we ever going to be able to drill back to a Purchase Order Receiving from the Inventory Inquiry window? This has been a problem since v8 I believe. -- Doug ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGr...

No maintenance done for 1 1/2 years
No maintenance was done in GP for 1 1/2 years and we would like to do so... What are the steps and how to do it...we use GP 9.0 Can you tell Newbie~~~ What kind of maintenance do you want to do? -- Charles Allen, MVP "Newbie" wrote: > No maintenance was done in GP for 1 1/2 years and we would like to do so... > What are the steps and how to do it...we use GP 9.0 > Can you tell Newbie~~~ What is happening that would lead you to believe that "maintenance" is required? -- Lyle U Newbie wrote: > No maintenance was done in GP for 1 1/2 years and we woul...

Close button on tabs
I have a tab control with icons + labels. I want to include a little 'x' on the top-right corner of each tab (a close button). I suspect I'm going to need to create a custom control. My question is: Is is possible to subclass or somehow utilize CTabCtrl so that I don't have to recreate the entire control form a CWnd or CStatic control? If so, how? Thank you all. You can owner-draw the CTabCtrl. Here is a sample. http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/tabcontrols/article.php/c2237 You could draw the "X" in the DrawItem() code. -SM On Sep 9, 2:56=A0am, Se...

Ending a UI Thread?
What is the accepted way to end a user interface thread? From my main thread (CWinApp) I have created a second one (a user interface thread with its own message pump) with AfxBeginThread() and later I want to tell it to terminate. I understand that AfxEndThread() must be called from "within the thread". Does that mean in response to a message sent to the thread? If so, do I have to define a user-defined message, send it to the thread and in response to it call AfxEndThread()? Or is there an easier way? Dave -- David Webber Author of 'Mozart the Music Processor' http:/...

Inventory Items
Is there a way to indicate an item is a drop ship on the inventory card? -- HK Could you use one of the user categories? -- Jim@TurboChef "HK" wrote: > Is there a way to indicate an item is a drop ship on the inventory card? > -- > HK ...

Money still downloading Closed account online information
I have an account (duplicate) marked as 'closed' in Money 2006. However, money is still downloading the online account updates from fidelity. Any ideas on how to prevent that from happening? Thanks ...

Committed Inventory Report?
Is there a quick and easy way to find out where a particular item is committed? I have an item that shows one on hand and one committed (zero available) but cannot find an open work/back/layaway order for the item anywhere. Any advice would be appreciated. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail I'm guessing you already ran all reports for both open and closed orders...did you check the orderentry table? Try a sample query...replace XXX with your itemlookupcode....hope this helps select itemlookupcode, orderid, type from orderentry left join item on orderentry.itemid = item.id left join...

Count Inventory with a USB Barcode Scanner
I just purchased headquarters for all of my locations running RMS. I need to do physical inventory counts. I would like to bring my laptop to each location and hook up a USB scanner to do the physical inventory counts. We have many matrix items (Size, Style, and Color) and it would be much easier to just scan the barcodes and let the computer determine the counts. Is there an affordable way to do this? Hi Scott You could connect the USB scanner to your laptop, open a text editor like NOTEPAD, put the laptop on a pushcart and start scanning away. Each scanned barc...

Launch a process with topmost and know when it is closed c#
I have a window form with the property topmost =true. Now I launch the process to view a pdf file with Process.Start(...), set myform 's topmost to false and use SetWindowPos to bringtoFront the window launched by process. At this point all ok. but.... Now How to know when the window is closed....??? because I want to reset the topmost of myform to true; C# C# thanks Attasc wrote: > I have a window form with the property topmost =true. > Now I launch the process to view a pdf file with Process.Start(...), > set myform 's topmost to false and use Set...

How can I close of remove the "Favorites Folder"?
I don't care for the Favorites Folder. I use so many of my email folders, it doesn't make sense for me to take up room for a Favorites Folder box. Use the folder list instead - Ctrl+6 -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter: EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUES...

MS Access Rpt how do you close up a line when the field is empty
In an Access report ... I want to close up the 2nd line in the report for my [Address 2] field when it is blank so there is no space left between Line 1 ... [Address 1] and Line 3 ... [City, St Zip Code] How do I accomplish that? Thanks! Set the Can Shrink property of the textbox containing [Address 2] to Yes. Also set the Can Shrink property of the report section containing the controls to Yes. This will only work if there are no other controls occupying the same vertical space in that section of the report. HTH, Rob "tcrank" <tcrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Fixing a Closed Batch
I am trying to fix some mistakes in a closed batch. How do I do this?? ...

Outdook 2003 won't close original message on reply
Hi, When I'm replying to emails, Outlook 2003 won't close the original message. The option to close it is checked. Also, this happens only when the option to use Word as the mail editor is checked. With the internal Outlook mail editor it doesn't happen. Another thing that might be helpfull - when closing email messages, it asks me if I want to save the changes. It happens with almost every email, and of couse, no changes were made. Maybe it is related to the original problem. Any ideas ? Thanks, Marius. Do you get the save prompt when using Outlook as the editor as well...