Year-End Fixed Asset processes

I recently closed the fixed assets at our year end of 5/29/10.  However, the
fixed assets were only depreciated through 5/28/10.  Therefore, when I tried
to depreciate the assets at the end of Period 1 in the few fiscal year, a
transaction was created for the date of 5/29/10 that duplicated the YTD
depreciation for each asset.  I can reset the life of each asset to correct
it or manually change the YTD and LTD depreciation, but this would be very
time consuming.  Is there a way to reverse what I did?  Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Samantha

Delete 3 end row
Hi I want to delete three end row of any sheet. any sheet has different row number. Thank's for any help. your's Hi, This will clear the last 3 rows of the active sheet. Note I the on error line is to cope when there are less than 3 rows on the sheet Sub del_Last_3() Dim LastRow As Long On Error Resume Next LastRow = ActiveSheet.Cells.Find(What:="*", _ SearchDirection:=xlPrevious, _ SearchOrder:=xlRows).Row ActiveSheet.Rows(LastRow - 2 & ":" & LastRow).ClearContents End Sub -- Mike Whe...

fixed format export
Is it possible (minus macro coding) to export a simple multi-column excel (single sheet) worksheet in a fixed format? Somewhere you would need to define that column A should be characters 1-2, column B should be 3-12 and so on. Thanks, jpw ps. - I can solve this problem other ways (vbscript, etc) but I was looking for a simpler method. Set each column's width to what you want in the text file (3 or 6, etc.). Then do a File, save As and pick "Formatted Text (Space delimited)(*.prn)" as the file format. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "John Wilson" <jwilson@exeter....

start/end dates of a week given just the weeknum() value
Hi I see weeknum() can return a week number given a date. However I need to reverse this procedure and calculate the START and END dates for a week given just the weeknumber [weeknum() ] for the week concerned for example, given week number 50 I need to return Dec 5 (start) and Dec 11 (end) week number 51 I need to return Dec 12 (start) and Dec 18 (end) thanks , David Maybe this.......... With your weeknumber in A1, This in B1 =TEXT(38353+(A1*7)-7,"mm/dd/yy") This in C1 =TEXT(38353+(A1*7)-1,"mm/dd/yy") Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "David" wr...

Outlook 2003
When closing Outlook 2003 it doesn't completely close; the process doesn't end so before running the app again you have to go into the Task Manager and end process on Outlook.exe. Anyone come across this? I have 2 customers with the same problem and I have it as well. We are all using Outlook 2000 however. >-----Original Message----- >When closing Outlook 2003 it doesn't completely close; >the process doesn't end so before running the app again >you have to go into the Task Manager and end process on >Outlook.exe. Anyone come across this? >. >...

Convert years:months to months
Hello- I am hoping to use Excel to convert data that inputted in a years:months format to just months. For example, I want to translate 5:3 to 63 months. I'm running into one hiccup: Excel views the inputted data as time and is translating it into 5:30 AM, making calculations challenging Does anyone have any tips? =HOUR(A1)*12+MINUTE(A1)/10 you may need to format the cell a General as Excel can be overhelpful and use a time format best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Jen" <jvarley@u.washington.edu> wrote in ...

End of file error message when starting outlook express for mac
hi - my version of outlook express will not open - im running osx 3.2 and my outlook express runs under classic - i have read the article 296844 and done all the suggestions eg deleting the preferences file in the active identity and deleting the outlook express preferences in the system/prefences folder - outlook express still does not work hope someone can help kind regards nuxes <nuxes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > hi - my version of outlook express will not open - im running osx 3.2 > and my outlook express runs under classic Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. ...

Which inter process communication technique is best?
Hello All, This is my first post so apologies if this is the wrong newsgroup. I'm designing software for a platform that will sit on a CAN bus. There will be three separate programs running on the platform, A, B and C. Program A will handle the CAN communications. It will pass messages received from the CAN network to programs B and C and transmit their messages out on the CAN network. What is the best (fastest) method for transferring messages between the CAN communications process and the other two processes? Currently I'm leaning towards named pipes but would like to pass t...

Delete Fixed Asset Book
We currently have 3 fixed asset books that we have not used in 2 years. Also all fixed assets in those books are in the one book we have used from the start of time. How do I delete or mark those books inactive so they no longer appear on the drop down list when adding a fixed asset. From TK: If there are Asset Book records or Book Class records that use this Book ID, you cannot delete the book record. You will need to remove those first. 1. Delete any Assets that are saved to that Book from Cards | Fixed Assets | Book. 2. Delete any Book Class Records that are saved to that Book ...

PSTL licensing & processing question
We considering a few of the modifier tools in the Professional Services Tools Library and I have some questions regarding how the tools operate. We're in our first year implementation with GP10 ... and we're finding there are a few inventory items we'd like to change now rather than "living with it forever", so we we're looking at the Item Number Modifier. One question I have concerns licensing ... do I understand this right? PSTL tools are not part of the enhancements program, so when an upgrade is released, if I need the new version of the tool I nee...

Multi Year GP Budget?
GP 10 & FRx 6.7. We are migrating to GP from MAS 500. In MAS, our budget data existed under one header (Current Budget). Each year's budget data was entered under this one Budget name (ID). In GP it appears that one Budget ID based on Fiscal Year can only contain data for one year. Is this correct? The whole point is for FRx column specifications to reference a single Budget ID regardless of the Base fiscal year you are reporting on. Can someone provide GP Budgeting answers? Thanks. You can only have one budget associated with a particular Budget ID. If you want ...

Diff between two dates formatted as years and months
I am trying to display an employee's length of service at a particular date using a simple formula to subtract one date from the other and format the result as y"y" m"m" so that I get eg. 2y 4m as the person's service. It is returning odd results eg. 0y 12m for diff between 1/1/04 and 1/1/05 and 1y 1m for diff between 31/12/03 and 1/1/05. Is there a more accurate method of doing this to ensure that I get the result I want? Thanks for all your help A complete explanation: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft ...

Fixing Column Width Upon Data Refresh
I've got a worksheet that goes and gets data from a SQL Server table every time you open the file. I've set the worksheet up so that it prints correctly - column widths, etc. However, when you close the file and then open it again, the data refreshes (as it's supposed to) and the columns all adjust to fit the data, thus blowing anyone's ability to print the report without having to reformat the columns. Can anyone tell me how I can lock the column widths so they don't autosize upon refreshing my data? Thanks, Scott I suggest you record a macro to reset your column widths...

Home improvements tied to asset account?
I posted this to the moneycentral newsgroup by accident. Oops. Hope you don't mind me moving it back where it belongs. My question is how are other people recording home improvements? I am building an addition and doing a number of other projects on the house I bought. I would like to be able to track both which project the $ was spent on (the addition, kitchen remodel, electrical rewiring, new siding, etc.) as well as the equity this adds to my home asset account. If I record these as categorized expenses, then it doesn't show an increase in the value of the house asset, and t...

Why is there a box symbol at the end of my street addresses in on.
Hi post your question as body of the message -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "sarahhutch89" <sarahhutch89@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:E784903A-D8E7-46CE-9C55-E13A92BD4AC9@microsoft.com... > sara The boxes are probably carriage returns. In Excel, try Edit>Replace what: ALT + 0010(on numpad) with: space(or nothing) OR ALT + 0013 If this doesn't work, post back. There are other avenues of approach. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 3 Dec 2004 09:13:03 -0800, sarahhutch89 <sarahhutch89@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Exchange Front End
How can I configure a front end to handle more than one OWA site? I have the regular owa site and setup another owa setup through the http server on the ESM. issued two different SSL certificates but i cannot get the two sites to stay started because i only have one ip address on the frontend server. is there anyway around this? thanks. You'll have to setup multiple ports, eg 8080 and 8443 and use host headers. Nue "Gabe Matteson" <gmattesonATinquery.biz> wrote in message news:%23VAhR2KaGHA.3652@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How can I configure a front end to handl...

Fixed Assets Error Message
I've just installed GP10 SP 1 945412 on a test server. Originally I only installed SmartList builder. I've just finished adding Fixed Assets, Analytical Accounting (and Grant Management) and Project Accounting. When I launch GP Utilities I get the following error message: Fixed Assets Product 309 does not support upgrading from version 6.0.0 or prior Does anyone know what this means? Thanks! Maatthias, If you run the following query against your DYNAMICS database, what is the result? select db_name, db_verMajor, db_verMinor, db_verBuild from DB_Upgrade wher PRODID = 309 B...

Excel User Conference
Just a reminder about the first Excel User Conference. The early bird registration period is closing on Friday, July 15th. Be there to learn from Bob Umlas, Jon Peltier, Bill Eddings, Olav Mjelde and Patrick O'Beirne. We have a wide range of topics, from "tips and tricks" to charting to spreadsheet auditing. The conference fees are incredibly low. Two days of learning for only $79 and this includes a catered luncheon both days. -- Damon Longworth Don't miss out on the 2005 Excel User Conference Sept 16th and 17th Stockyards Hotel - Ft. Worth, Texas www.ExcelUserConf...

Fix Outlook profile setting remotely
Having a bit of a problem with Outlook connecting to our server. This is on an XP laptop which is at the far end of a remote VPN link, on the other side of the world. Unfortunately due to having some Office 2003 problems the user ran Office 2003 Fix & Repair which seems to have broken their Outlook connection to the Server. As this is on a VPN we can't delete the whole User Profile and download it from the server again because SBS slow link detection would prevent the profile from being accessible. Any ideas how we can best deal with this? Thanks, Nick ...

Opening a file for processing in MFC
How does one go about actually opening a text file for processing using File->Open within a dialog-box application? I can do it with generic C++ using ifstream and using a while loop with getline statements but I'm at a loss as to how to do this using MFC. I'm a Visual C++ student, so please excuse me if this is a really basic sounding question. Thanks! Jim wrote: > How does one go about actually opening a text file for processing using > File->Open within a dialog-box application? I can do it with generic > C++ using ifstream and using a while loop with getline st...

How to show month end balances in a Pivot Table
I have an electronic statement from my broker that lists daily p/l and the acct balance. I have built a pivot table over the data, and the MTD P/L shows fine, but is there a way to get the Pivot Table to show the ending balance for prior months (and the current balance for the current month)? I can only get the PTable to total the balance field, which is not correct. For example: Statement: Date P/L Balance 1/31 -300 10000 2/1 500 10500 2/2 -200 10300 2/3 100 10400 Pivot Table: Month P/L Balance Jan 1500 10000 Feb 400 10400 Thanks! ...

Remote process -- how to attach?
Hello, I am using Visual C++ .NET 2003. I am trying to debug a process remotely. I have MSVCMON running in pipe mode, and I can successfully debug it remotely by right-clicking on the project and selecting "Start new instance", after having made the proper configuration changes under "Properties". However, I would like to attach to a running remote process rather than start a new instance. My understanding is that I should go to Tools > Debug Processes and then I should change the transport and the machine name. However, for some reason, these values don't show as ...

Posting to a two year old, closed fiscal year
I need to post a G/L Entry to Fiscal Year 2005. Of course, I've already closed FY2005 and FY2006. According to TK 851093 and the GP Documentation, there is no way to post to a closed fiscal year that is more than one closed fiscal year ago. Has anyone found, devleoped, or used an "undocumented" procedure to accomplish posting to an older fiscal year. -- Thanks in advance, Tom Hamill Business Systems Analyst Athenaheatlh, Inc. Tom, The only way to do this is to contact Microsoft Professional Services. Then can open 2006 back up, thus making 2005 the last historical y...

Year end updates
Can anyone tell me how we know when the final year-end update for payroll is available? There is one on the website that was put out on 12/7, but our trainer had told us that the final update is usually available around December 24th. Any direction would be appreciated. Thanks! It's out there now. It's included in service pack 3. You can either look under tax updates or service packs. -- Charles Allen, MVP "nanstan" wrote: > Can anyone tell me how we know when the final year-end update for > payroll is available? There is one on the website that was put out ...

Selecting the Sales Process
I have set up two sales process, one for inrfastructure, one for development. When I create an opportunity how do I determine which sales process the opportunity will follow. Right now it defaults to the first one on the list. Hi Todd, that is correct - the workflow will kick-off the first sales process that matches the criteria. So if "When opportunity is created" is your only condition, then the first one that matches it will be triggered. The solution could be to add an exit criteria at the beginning of the sales processes to check for more relevant conditions.. Hope this h...

Message Queue on Exchange front end
I have two messages stuck in my front end server queue. They are from the same person, going to different people in our domain and out of our domain. The 'additional queue inforamtion says: Unable to bind tot he destination server in DNS. All other mail is flowing in and out of the servers. Event 9318 is on front end and event 9297 is on back end. I stopped and the restarted the MTA stacks. The events went away, but the messages are still in the queue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. -- Kathy Are you sure that the internal folks haven't received the message? Typi...