Year-End Closing Queries

Hello, I read a paper about Year-End Closing Process and mentioned
about two queries sentence in the database maintenance process:
reindex.sql and recomp.sql.
These queries are located in \Microsoft Dynamics\SQL\Util\, but I
don't have these queries in my installation.
Can you explain me these queries?, Anyone has these queries?. My GP
version is Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
Thanks.
Kind Regards,

Alfredo
0
alosinvi (1)

In version 9 and earlier, these scripts (and the folder) were only found on
the "server" install.  This is the workstation where GP Utilities can be run.

Later versions of 10 will create the SQL folder on all workstations.

Also, depending on how your GP is installed, it may be one or two
directories further down, like S;\Microsoft Business Solutions\Great
Plains\GP\SQL...
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Alfredo Injoque" wrote:

> Hello, I read a paper about Year-End Closing Process and mentioned
> about two queries sentence in the database maintenance process:
> reindex.sql and recomp.sql.
> These queries are located in \Microsoft Dynamics\SQL\Util\, but I
> don't have these queries in my installation.
> Can you explain me these queries?, Anyone has these queries?. My GP
> version is Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
> Thanks.
> Kind Regards,
>
> Alfredo

0
info4071 (3005)
4/28/2009 12:01:01 PM
Dear Alfredo

Reindex.sql and Recomp.sql are database maintenance scripts. Reindex.sql
does the reorganizing data and index pages.

Recomp.sql does the recompiling of stored procedures. These scripts will be
stored in SQL/Util folders in Dynamics Directory and whenever Database
maintenance tasks are selected in Dynamics GP under Maintenance, these
scripts get executed.

You can also choose to manually run these scripts in SQL management studio
or You can choose to schedule the same as well.

Hope this helps

Thanks
Janakiram M.P.
MCP-GP

"Alfredo Injoque" wrote:

> Hello, I read a paper about Year-End Closing Process and mentioned
> about two queries sentence in the database maintenance process:
> reindex.sql and recomp.sql.
> These queries are located in \Microsoft Dynamics\SQL\Util\, but I
> don't have these queries in my installation.
> Can you explain me these queries?, Anyone has these queries?. My GP
> version is Microsoft Dynamics GP 9.0
> Thanks.
> Kind Regards,
>
> Alfredo

0
janakirammp (688)

Problem closing Outlook
Hi everyone, I have problems when I want to close my Micrsoft Outlook 2000. When I close it, it get hang up with the message "closing microsoft outlook 2000". I read somewhere about disable "send and recieve when exit" option to solve this problem, I know where to find it on 2003 version, but I didn't found it on 2000 version. Someone know where I can find it??? Thanks in advance and happy new year!!! Gregorio Aranda. P.S.: Sorry for my awful english Try the following: 1. Switch to Corporate/workgroup mode & create new profile and check if outlook works fine...

Linking queries on a report
Hello all, I built a number of queries that all tie to the same table. Each query sorts the data differently, but comes from the same data source. I would like to show the results of these queries on the same report, but I get and error message that the wizard can't connect the queries. How can I display multiple queries on the same report. I've tried subreports, but they don't seem to export as well. Thanks b Brennan What does "export" have to do with this? If I have multiple sets of results I want to show in one place, I create an empty "main"...

Front-end servers and DMZ
Pardon the double post, but I was hoping someone would help me on this forum. ====================== I have a setup Exch 2K3 as a front-end server that I'd like to handle OWA and Internet based SMTP traffic for my users. This server will be placed in our company's DMZ. My questions are: a) Are there any ports other that SMTP, DNS, and HTTP that need to be allowed to travel from the DMZ to the internal network for the front-end server to be able to handle OWA and SMTP? b) Does this server have to be a member server of our AD domain and does the Exchange server have to be a membe...

How to Analyze Attributes in a Query
Is there a function/formula that you can use in a query against a field to return what type of attribute the field value is? If so, can you then change that attribute just in the query output? Thanks. SHKNBKE What do you meand by attribute? Are you talking about the data in the field? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "SHKNBKE" wrote: > Is there a function/formula that you can use in a query against a field to > return what type of attribute the field value is? > > If so...

min query
Hi, How do I get the 2nd minimum value and the 3rd minimum from a table after I have done MIN query for the 1st minimum value? SELECT dbo_CON.SC, dbo_CON.SN, Min(dbo_CON.SQ) AS MinOfSQ FROM dbo_CON GROUP BY dbo_CON.SC, dbo_CON.SN HAVING (((dbo_CON.SC)<>49)); Thanks, Hi Jerry, This will give me three different SC SN records. I am looking for same SC SN records that has next min SQ. table SC SN SQ 1 100 1 1 100 2 1 100 3 1 100 ...

Need help with query summing hours
Tring to get total worked hours and total maintenance hours summary. I have a table with the clock hours WorkID WorkDate WorkEmployeeID WorkHours And have a maintenace table MaintID MaintDate MaintEmployeeID MaintHours Needing help combining the information to get summary something like this.. Date - Employee - Clock Hours - Maintenance Hours 1/1/10 Joe Billy Bob 8 6 1/1/10 Billy Joe Bob 8 7 Whay type of query do I need to build, any help would be great. Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmo...

How to select query fields based on Combo box?
Greeting, I have a table which has 5 fields, ID, Name, Age, School and Class. I have a combo box which shows the fields of a Query. This combo is located in form which presents all the fields of the table. What I want to do is once the user selects a field for more than one the fields in form shown as selected. Also, I want to make a button for reshow all fields in form. Thank you in advance. ...

beginning balance historical year
I am entering beginning balances in General Transactions Entry window for the previous year 2003. The year is marked as a historical year and I am using the last day from the historical year as the transaction date. When printing the edit list, the Batch Total Actual is the sum of the debit and credit entries from the source document. When looking at the edit list, all the entries are printed twice, while I have entered them only once, and the total per debit and credit entries also is double. When printing a historical Trial Balance the totals are o.k. Where the double entries are coming...

How to make MSO close the imap connection after checking mail?
Hi, My server does not allow "idle" connections, and therefore the connection to Microsoft Outlook is closed after a while. I then get a error-message from MSO. How can I make Microsoft Outlook close the connection itself after checking mail? (and thereby I will not get that error?) Regards, ´┐Żystein Larsen ...

OIS.EXE what is it, how to end process
computeris very slow, task mgr show cpu usage is near total availabe, shows OIS.EXE is using most and cannot get task to stop. A quick google for ois.exe gives you the answer. "ArizonaBoy" <ArizonaBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AF65AE19-499A-4EF4-8CB7-4BE23889C924@microsoft.com... : computeris very slow, task mgr show cpu usage is near total availabe, shows : OIS.EXE is using most and cannot get task to stop. In news:AF65AE19-499A-4EF4-8CB7-4BE23889C924@microsoft.com, ArizonaBoy <ArizonaBoy@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: >...

make query from to 64 bit system
I have a application need to be compile for 64 bit system. how can i read data from vb.net 2005. hi Jennifer, On 09.12.2009 17:36, Jennifer wrote: > I have a application need to be compile for 64 bit system. how can i read > data from vb.net 2005. First of all, I don't see the point why you're asking this question in an Access newsgroups. Further more, you should really be more spefific... mfG --> stefan <-- ...

Report Total Broker Commissions for year
Hi: I can't seem to figure out how to get a report on my investments with a broker how much I paid them in commissions for the year. I entered the commission with each buy or sell transaction from the confirmation statement from the broker so I know the data is there. -- Betty In microsoft.public.money, Betty wrote: > > >I can't seem to figure out how to get a report on my investments with a >broker how much I paid them in commissions for the year. I entered the >commission with each buy or sell transaction from the confirmation statement >from the broker s...

<> data query
I have two tables and both have a field called tag_id. The first table "my2003" has about 5000 records. The second table "monitor2003" is a subset of table "my2003" and has about 3000 records. I need help building a query that will give me the records in table "my2003" where the "tag_id" field is <> to the "tag_id" field in the "monitor2003" table. Also which type of joining of the two tables is needed? Use the query wizard to create an unmatch record query that will list all the records in my2003 but are n...

Different queries but the same?
Hi Everyone, Access 2003. I accidently double clicked on the wrong thing in a new query based on another query. In the query grid, I added the qryVentThpyWithinLastArea and double clicked on the *. It only filled one column of my grid but when I ran the query, it showed all the fields from the query. I then dragged down Area field and added my criteria. I had been taught to double click on the blue title bar and then drag all the fields to the grid then add my criteria. Both ways give me the same data. What is the differnce? I pasted the sql below so you can see what's going...

Hiding a "Userform" instead of closing it???
I have a push button on my spreadsheet which loads my Userform in the following manner: Sub Button1_Click() UserForm1.Show (vbModeless) ' Display my Userform End Sub When a user presses the "X" button on the Userform object I believe that Excel will terminate the Userform instead of simply "hiding" it by making it invisible. How can I program my Userform to turn invisible instead of terminating itself?? I would rather have the Userform turn invisible so it can maintain its current position on the screen when it is re-activated again..... I not...

moving to end of sheet
I know that "ctrl-end" should take me to the end of a worksheet. Sometimes, however, it takes me beyond the last row where data is entered, sometimes many blank rows beyond. I've tried deleting those blank rows, making sure there is nothing hidden inthose rows, no conditional formatting, etc., but that doesn't work. If I cut and paste the rows with data into a new sheet, that works (i.e., "ctrl-end" takes me to the last cell with data in it). Is there a way to do this without the cut and paste workaround? Thanks. There are instructions here for resetti...

trim in query
Hi All I am trying to trim a leading space at the start of each field in my "Customers" table which is an Exel spreadsheet imported using "TransferSpreadsheet" After researching the internet I have been able to get this to work using, for example: CustomerName: Trim([F3]) in the Field line of a select query ("CustomersTrimQry"). My promlem is that when I append the data from "CustomersTrimQry" to the "Customers" table the space returns. Prior to using trim I ran 3 queries from the original "CustomersImport" table, "C...

Database SQL query
Sorry for this post here. If someone knows a group I can go to for this question, please let me know. I have a program in MFC that accesses and updates an Access database. The problem is I can't figure out how to add a field which contains a word with a single apostrophe ie (St. Vincent's). I'm using the CDaoDatabase and CDaoRecordset classes. I understand that DAO is interpreting the apostrophe as some type of terminator but there must be a way around the issue. MS Access has information on how to do it in Access VB but that doesn't seem to work in MFC. Thanks Ughh ...

At my wits end OWA and Public Folders
I have exchange 2k3. OWA works in both basic and premium. When I try to view the public folders in premium mode it sits or hangs at "updating view". If I go in through basic then I can view hte public fodlers immediately and see the calendars. When i try to post a new appointment it gives me an error 61 in IE saying object expected. I have checked all teh permissions...and updated IE as best I can...any suggestions? Thanks ...

MS query and Firebird
I am accessing a Firebird data base with MS Query into Excel. I am trying to change the column heading (column name) but as I writte a "Newname" in Column Heading MS Query dont accept. I try to change directlly the SQL statement with "AS" clause and without "AS" clause but MS Query dont accept. I dont know if the format of select statement is different in Firebird data base or is a problem with MS Query. JC. ...

2007 Tries to update closed accountq
Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. I do have open accounts at that bank as well In microsoft.public.money, z3razerviper wrote: >Ok i have a closed account at my bank and microsoft money 2007 keeps >trying to update it when I do my online updates. Its not a big deal and >causes not errors to pop up but it is kind of annoying. It is. On the Account List, select SortAccountListBy->HideClosedAccounts You can customize rep...

Can't open this item. The end date you entered occurs before the start date.
Hi, Everytime I open Outlook 2000 I get a calender pop-up. When I Dismiss it I get a message such as the above and the next time I open Outlook it appears again. I can't see it in the Calender unless I change the view to "By category". I can't delete it or change the date in this view. I just keep getting the above message (see subject line). I tried /cleanreminders and the MS article about Daylight savings but neither work. How do I get rid of this message? I do have a Pocket PC and probably the error occured during a Sync (i have different time zones). ...

Date range in months from month and year fields
In our database we track consultants work dates in four seperate fields, starting month, starting year, ending month, ending year. Is there anyway to calculate the range of months they have worked with this set up? So if someone started March 2004 and ended July 2007 is there a formula to calculate the 40 months they worked? DateDiff("m",[starting month] & "/" & "01" & "/" & [starting year],[ending month] & "/" & "01" & "/" & [ending year]) "monkeycr84" wrote: > In our da...

Money 2006, QFX & 2 Years Online Services
I am thinking about moving from Quicken 2002 to Mny 2006. My Banks provide QFX files. The way I've been using these is to logon to their web sites directly, download and save the qfx files, then double-click on them to open Quicken and import. I've tested opening the files with Mny06 and it seems to work ok. So, will I be able to continue doing this even after the 2 years of online services expire? I don't seem to be using any of their services with what I do. Thanks very much. Yes, you will. you just won't get the msn updates like quotes and automatic downloads. "pl...

Pull report from start and end date
Hello, On my form I have a Start Date field and a End Date field to represent the start and end of monthly premium coverage. The problem I am having is, how do I pull a report using the start date and end date when they are two different fields? I am use to the beginning and end date being from one field not two so I am totally lost. If this can be accomplished, any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!!! Stockwell43 wrote: >On my form I have a Start Date field and a End Date field to represent the >start and end of monthly premium coverage. The problem I am having is, how do ...