Year-end Close

I have just joined a company, and need to run a year-end process so that the
balances get carried forward into the new financial year. Does anyone know
which buttons to push?

Thank you.
0
Philip (21)

Adrian,

Take a look at the following KB article:
https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;888003.
It will go through the GL year end closing process step by step and give you
a lot of additional information.  To access this and other GP knowledgebase
articles you will need access to CustomerSource - if you don't already have
it, someone in your company or your GP Partner should be able to help you
with.

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP

"Adrian Philip" <Adrian Philip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just joined a company, and need to run a year-end process so that
>the
> balances get carried forward into the new financial year. Does anyone know
> which buttons to push?
>
> Thank you.

0
victoria (3340)
10/14/2008 10:42:34 AM
Adrian,

There is a quick overview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DmL4oNyr8eA=

Make sure that you use the checklist. The overview is intended only to
give you an idea of what the process will look like as you go through.
It cannot replace the checklist and you can screw up your system by
not following the checklist steps.

Mark

On Oct 14, 6:42=A0am, "Victoria [MVP]" <victo...@flex-solutions.com>
wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> Take a look at the following KB article:https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowled=
gebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=3Dkb;en-us;....
> It will go through the GL year end closing process step by step and give =
you
> a lot of additional information. =A0To access this and other GP knowledge=
base
> articles you will need access to CustomerSource - if you don't already ha=
ve
> it, someone in your company or your GP Partner should be able to help you
> with.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reportshttp://www.flex-solutions.com/gpre=
ports.html
> blog:www.victoriayudin.com
>
> "Adrian Philip" <Adrian Phi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag=
enews:EA0C855C-6544-48A7-9D60-92B2E922E570@microsoft.com...

> >I have just joined a company, and need to run a year-end process so that
> >the
> > balances get carried forward into the new financial year. Does anyone k=
now
> > which buttons to push?
>
> > Thank you.

0
mpolino (496)
10/14/2008 12:58:46 PM
I love those Dynamics Sherpa videos!  Thanks for the link Mark.  :-)

--
Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP
Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports
blog: www.victoriayudin.com

"Mark Polino [MVP] (DynamicAccounting.net)" <mpolino@gmail.com> wrote in
message
Adrian,

There is a quick overview here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mL4oNyr8eAs

On Oct 14, 6:42 am, "Victoria [MVP]" <victo...@flex-solutions.com>
wrote:
> Adrian,
>
> Take a look at the following KB
> article:https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KBDisplay.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;....
> It will go through the GL year end closing process step by step and give
> you
> a lot of additional information. To access this and other GP knowledgebase
> articles you will need access to CustomerSource - if you don't already
> have
> it, someone in your company or your GP Partner should be able to help you
> with.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Dynamics GP MVP
> Flexible Solutions - home of GP
> Reportshttp://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html
> blog:www.victoriayudin.com
>
> "Adrian Philip" <Adrian Phi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> messagenews:EA0C855C-6544-48A7-9D60-92B2E922E570@microsoft.com...
>
> >I have just joined a company, and need to run a year-end process so that
> >the
> > balances get carried forward into the new financial year. Does anyone
> > know
> > which buttons to push?
>
> > Thank you.

0
victoria (3340)
10/14/2008 1:04:48 PM
We have a book that covers Year End procedures from both the system and
accounting perspective.  Check it out on our web site below.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Adrian Philip" wrote:

> I have just joined a company, and need to run a year-end process so that the
> balances get carried forward into the new financial year. Does anyone know
> which buttons to push?
>
> Thank you.
0
info4071 (3005)

Creating Year view for Service Calendar
Does anyone know how to create a view that shows the whole year for the Service Calendar? CRM 4.0 "out-of-the-box" only gives me Day, Week, and Month. Can anybody tell me how to get a Year view? Thanks ...

Downloads updating closed accounts
I had a joint account for one of my kids that I use to track on money. The kid has moved out but still uses the account. I closed the account in Money but it still downloads all the transactions. I was going to delete it but Money "threatens" that it will delete all the accounts I have with that institution if I do that! Since I have several other active accounts there I really don't want to do that. Any ideas? In microsoft.public.money, Bill wrote: >I had a joint account for one of my kids that I use to track on money. The >kid has moved out but still uses the acc...

Will excel 2003 format a cell to the year?
It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some way? I typed a date in A1 (09/28/2006) and used format|Cells|number tab|custom category|yyyy with my USA settings. kateofmd@msn.com wrote: > > It seems like it should be obvious, but I am finding it impossible to > get excel to do a date format that recognizes a year. Is there some > way? -- Dave Peterson ...

Quarter-End Payroll Reports
When the payroll supervisor tries to run the Quarter-End Payroll Reports she is receiving the following error: Unhandled script exception. Script '(78) of form uprCrossCompanyReports' not found. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_MISSING SCRIPT_CMD_CALL Any ideas on how to resolve? Thanks Rene More information is required to determine your problem: 1. What version of Great Plains are you using? 2. What is the last Tax Code Update? 3. What is the laxt Tax Update? 4. Is this just one client or multiple clients machines? It sounds like an old service patch was loaded after the client has applie...

Excel
I'm charting a few investments. I want a simple line that goes up and down for the value, and that's easy to do. But how do I get the chart to display specific years (not days and months) across the bottom of the chart? Seth - Do you have a time-scale axis? Go to Chart Options on the Chart menu, click on the Axes tab, and see what's checked for Category Axis. Check Time Scale and continue. Double click on the axis. On the Scale tab, Major Unit should be in years. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http:...

Outlook opened and closed...
My Outlook 2003 won't let me to open it. I click to open it, and it shows up and closed immediatly. I tried all kinds of ways, but no luck. Anybody has same problem? Andy Look in task manager - processes, and see if multiple instances are running. If so, end all of them and try starting again. I had similar problem w/user, posted above. >-----Original Message----- >My Outlook 2003 won't let me to open it. I click to open it, and it shows up >and closed immediatly. I tried all kinds of ways, but no luck. Anybody has >same problem? > >Andy > > ...

Year to date expression/calculation
I have a report based on a query that has a number of calculated controls. The query also includes a month as txtmonth which is used in the report. data is collected half yearly in June and December. I am trying to produce a report that looks like this: June 2009 Year to date Field 1 Total 2000 2000 Field 2 Total 1000 1000 Field 3 Total 3000 3000 December 2009 Year to date Field 1 Total 1000...

Reoccurring Annual Yearly Appointment/Events
I am haveing an issue when syncing my PC with Active Sync. Every Annual reoccurring event or appointment changes on the PC to "Every 12 Years". It appears to be some kind of glitch in MS Outlook 2007 that is confused between Months and Years. I did several tests and research and it appears that active sync, Windows Mobile and Outllook 2003 are not the problem. Initially I thought my older version of MS Win Mobile could be the problem but recently upgraded to Win Mobile 6.1 and same issue. So my last test was to take all annual reoccurring events out and sync that w...

Need Yearly 2010 Calendar for Office XP 2002, in Word or Excel
I'm looking for a Yearly 2010 Excell workbook or Office document, that I can add entries in every month and then print them. Can anyone help me? Angi it is not clear exactly what you want. Have you considered the Calendar in Outlook? -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "AbsolutelyAngi" <AbsolutelyAngi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7DC08625-ECA3-4F26-9DA8-31BC9145F4DB@mi...

Basic Select Query Duplicating a single end user's records
I am stumped with a particular problem. My table consists of hundreds of records that are directed to their associated end user. This is my simple Select query shown here: "SELECT [Name Tbl].Mgr, [Name Tbl].Name, [Data Tbl].Survey_CNT, FROM Manager INNER JOIN ([Name Tbl] INNER JOIN [Data Tbl] ON [Name Tbl].ID# = [Data Tbl].Name) ON Manager.OM = [Name Tbl].Mgr" Inside the Data Tbl, one Name shows 4 physical records. However, in this simple query it has duplicated one Name's records so now there is 8 for that one particular name. The other Names show a correct m...

Macro to open, Update links, save and close workbooks
I have a few workbooks on our server that need to be opened, links updated, saved and then closed again. It has to be done in a specific sequence and each workbook has the same writeres password. I'm thinking along the lines of having a master workbook open containing the macro. When I leave work in the evening I can start the Macro and have all the workbooks updated by the next morning. I have been testing this on one book only. It opens and updates but it doesn't want to close it. I don't know much about VBA and sort of been figuring things out as I go along. Th...

exchange 2007 front end
Hello all I have setup Exchange 2007 running with only the CAS role, and i also have a server with the mailbox, HUB rooles isntalled, andi have my exchange 2003 server running. Now if a user goes to webmail.mydomain.com/OWA and this users mailbox is on the 2003 server they get an error that says the server couldnt find the mailbox (webmail points to the CAS) if the same user goes to webmail.mydomain.com/exchange they can log in no problem. How can i set the CAS serevr up so users who have mailboxes on the 2003 server dont have to specify /Exchange and i assume I would need to do the s...

MTA on Front end servers
We are currently operating in a mixed mode exchange environment (ie 55 and 2k3). In our primary site we have installed 2 EX 2k3 servers to act as our bridgehead servers. Both SMTP (to internet) and MTA\X400 (to other Ex55 servers) flow thourgh these bridgeheads. I want to make these 2 servers front-end servers but dont know how this will effect the MTA service. Question is can an MTA run on a Front end server (I know that it remove the IS stores)? and what affect does this front-end config make? redlad <redlad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are currently operating in a...

Capture "End Task" event...
Hi All, I have made an MFC application. So if any user terminate this application using task manger's Process tab and clicking "End task" button....i want to perform some task so that next time my application can be started gracefully. Any help will be highly appreciated... thnx in advance.. VineetJ Vineet wrote: > I have made an MFC application. So if any user terminate this > application using task manger's Process tab and clicking "End task" > button....i want to perform some task so that next time my application > can be started g...

cursor jumping from start to end of page
Hi outlook 2003 when i start outlook, the new page appears, ready for me to input text with the cursor flashing, but if I press ENTER to take me to the new line, the cursor jumps to the end of the page, how do I correct this? I also have two identical toolbars on the outlook interface, why? and what do I do? ...

Close original message on replies and forwards
I am using Outlook 2003 in an Enterprise environment. I am trying to get the Close Original message on replies and forwards. When setting this either via Group Policy or locally on the machine the setting does not appear to work, and the original message remains open. Has anyone seen this and found a work around? TIA Murph -- robert.murphy17 http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Word 2007 gives Error when closing and restarts
When closing Word 2007, I receive an error messages: "Microsoft Office Word has stopped working" "Microsoft Office Word is restarting" "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." I tried deleting the data file in the regedit file that I have seen suggested to fix this type of problem, but it did not work. PLEASE HELP! Windows 7 Dell Stuido XPS 8000 Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 See: http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/ProblemsStartingWord.htm...

Changing PO Status from "Received" to "Closed"
There are several old "received" purchase orders in our system. The POs were entered primarily to get the inventory in place. They were paid though, by just a standard invoice entered into accounts payable. Since then, the entry created by the PO to A/P has been reversed (since the regular invoice takes care of A/P). Otherwise, there would be 2 paybles in the system. Can these old POs be changed from "Received" to "Closed" without any consequences? Once closed, they won't show up on the "Select Purchase Order Items" screen when ...

Exporting to Excel
We're trying to export some data from MS Access to Excel. The code works, except for the fact that Excel stays loaded until our Access application closes. Can anyone explain why this is? Code pasted below: Dim appExcel As Excel.Application Dim wbk As Excel.Workbook Dim wks As Excel.Worksheet Dim sTemplate As String Dim sTempFile As String Dim sOutput As String Dim dbs As DAO.Database Dim rst As DAO.Recordset Dim sSQL As String Dim lRecords As Long Dim iRow As Integer Dim iCol As Integer Dim iFld As Integer Const cTabOne As Byte = 1 Const cStartRow As Byte = 4 Const cStartColumn As B...

Opening new mail in Outlook causes Excel to close!
Hi, very weird issue that I'm having: I open an excel attachment, copy data to my clipboard, then switch back to outlook to open a new mail message - excel then closes down (including any other spreadsheets that may be open other than the attached one) and the data I've copied isn't on the clipboard any more. Any hints and tips much appreciated :) Thanks! ...

Run program on save/close
I wrote a VC EXE to set environment variables (HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Environment). I'd like to call that app when closing/saving (either would be OK) a particular Excel file, supplying, as command line parameters, the values in two (formulaic) cells. Can a script/macro be associated with closing/saving a document and can I do that with a script/macro? I'm no good at VB so some code would be appreciated. Thanks. -- - Vince I assume you wrote the VC program that excepts two aruguents arg(1) and arg(2) with arg(0) being the file name. You would use a shell method in VBA. th...

Display year only in a form field
Hi, How can I display only the current year as defailt text in a form text field? Thanks -- Traa Dy Liooar Jock Please ignore - have figured it out. Cheers, -- Traa Dy Liooar Jock "Jock" wrote: > Hi, > How can I display only the current year as defailt text in a form text field? > Thanks > -- > Traa Dy Liooar > > Jock ...

entering year to date wages
I need to keep track of my wages for the year. I just started money 2004. There does not appear to be a way to enter year to date information from my pay check. Sure there is. Enter a paycheck with all of the YTD information (assuming this is prior to any paychecks you are planning on entering). Then offset the net of this transaction with some offsetting value entry in the after tax split--put a memo in and you can even skip categorizing it. The transaction ends up at $0. The categories all end up getting the YTD values recorded. But I'm hoping I understand your goal. I.e., you are...

How do I close the page break window?
Am using Office 2003. View/Normal In article <7CA5DCCA-6564-43D5-8AA3-15DEAC1CCD93@microsoft.com>, "2jwayne" <2jwayne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Am using Office 2003. ...

ThisWorkbook.Close question
Please take a look at the code below: Public Sub DumbFoo ( ) ThisWorkbook.Close() Sheet1.Range("A1").Value = -1 ThisWorkbook.Save() End Sub Is it safe to assume that the code below the "ThisWorkbook.Close()" line will NOT be executed??? My question is basically: Does all VBA code stop executing once a .Close() function is called??? Thank you! I don't believe the code would execute at all because of the parentheses after Close. It would throw an error an tell you that something is missing, or type mismatch. But, if you did...