Year End Close on Unit Accounts

Our FRX financials show at least the last 6 periods of data.  On some of the
financials we include unit accounts.  Now that we rolled into the new year we
noticed that units were in the BBF entry.  Why would I want those brought
forward?  I suppose there a situations where this information is necessary
but not in every instance.

In our situation it totally distorts the YTD information.  We show the
number of hours that an aircraft flies month by month and would expect the
YTD show total hours flown by year.

Reading the posts it seems that this has not been fixed in version 8.  We
have closed the year and I don't know how we can go back and add a period
(nor would I want to!).

Any suggestions or comments?

Macro to close GP 10.0
Hello, I've read lots of posts on how to use a macro to close GP - which worked great for me in versions older than GP 10.0. But, I have not been able to duplicate the ability to close GP 10.0 using a macro. I've tried to create a macro where the only thing it does is close GP 10.0 and I still couldn't get it to work. Thanks in advance!! Jeffrey, In version 10, the macro command for exiting the application changed a bit. Include the following in your macro: # DEXVERSION=10.0.193.0 2 2 CommandExec form BuiLtin command cmdQuitApplication That should do it! -- MG.- Ma...

Mapping Lead Fields to Account During Conversion
Hello! I created some custom attributes on both the Lead entity and the Account entity, and I want the value of this custom field to be mapped to the Account entity during Lead conversion. The problem is, I'm not seeing where I can do that. It appears that the Relationship Type between the Lead and Account is "Lookup" and not set as "Mappable"? I'm not seeing an option to specify the mapping between attributes. I figure that this can't be right, so I would appreciate a shove in the right direction. I have some custom attributes I created on the L...

Close Application
Hi all, I am running a MFC application using threads. The prog. is running fine. It is multithreaded prog. hence one thread wait for another. When I kill the process from TASK MANAGER, my prog's ExitInstance didn't get called. I want to do some cleanup. where should I put that cleanup code? Please help me Would it be presumptuous to ask why you have to kill your app using task manager rather than pushing the close button in the top right hand corner of the app? "Suriya" <aktersuriya@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1129274033.213757.249570@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups...

I did a reset account of a computer account in AD which is an exchange server
How can I get the exchange to talk back to the AD again ... Thanks Andy ...

Fidelity Account Stops Updating
Hey All, I have been having a problem for the last couple of weeks (and I'm sure sure if it has to do with the 2005-2006 upgrade) or its something else, but my Fidelity Accounts stop downloading transactions for no obvious reason. The position data and cash balance comes down, and Money wants to adjust the positions, but Buy/Sell and Deposit/Withdrawal transactions on the cash side are not downloaded. The strange thing is (aside from the fact that I don't have any problems with the rest of my accounts) if I disable downloads, renable them, and download the last 7 days of tran...

Why Does Money 2006 Create a Separate MSN Billpay Account?
I have been paying my bills through MSN Billpay since 2002 (Money 03). I recently upgraded to M06 and noticed that all of my MSN BP transactions are entered into a new account which naturally is a big debit ($20K or so, since it's all debits), rather than into the checking account I use to pay the bills from. Is there any way to correct this, especially since it throws my Net Worth of by $20K? I'm really confused....any help would be appreciated. Thanks, Ted Ted, There are a couple of ways to handle this. One, you can merge the MSN Bill Pay account with your original che...

No save prompt when closing workbook
Excel no longer prompts me to save when exiting/closing even when I make changes. This just started happening yesterday. It always prompted me before. ...

how differentiate between 3 closely spaced lines in excel graph
How do i change the excel chart features such that the 3 series /lines i have are spaced further apart when displayed in a line graph. I think it must be something to do with scales but tried variations to no effect. Thanks Mike Hi, Changing the y axis Minimum and maximum scale values may help. But not if the actual values are very similar and span a large range. Double click the y axis and on the scale tab enter alternative min/max values. Cheers Andy CookeMJ wrote: > How do i change the excel chart features such that the 3 series /lines i have > are spaced further apart when ...

Setting up account?
Hi there, I received an email way back when I first bought this computer. I never set it up at that time, but I'd like to now. Can you help me with this? I am particularly having difficulty with finding out what kind of "server" it is... Please let me know when you get the chance. Thanks! Summer Headley Your email account provider has that information. They should have a help page on their website. If you tell us who provides your email account, perhaps someone can assist you. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.li...

Opening and Closing Programs or Files May Be Slow
I am using Excel 2002 and it takes a minute or two to open spreadsheets. Is there a way to increase the load time? I am also seeing my spreadsheet toggle in size, there are three users with different versions of Excel; XP,97&2002. the size of the file may go from 20mbs to 6mbs. What is the cause for this?? Thank you. ...

Outlook email text to Excel
I used the outlook export wizard to pull some emails that I've had sent to Outlook via a sendmail.asp to an Excel format - quite sucessfully and easy too. However, I also need to format the fields within the "body" of the email. The "body" field appears as one column in the Excel spreadshet that is created and I thought I could use the 'text to columns' feature. However, there's these boxes that appear in lieu of spaces that seem to messing up everything. If I try to use the 'delimited' feature when I get to that screen - the data dissappears. W...

The creator of our database left years ago, and we want to update it!
The guy who created our database is no longer contactable, and we are left with a database that is really not quite fitting our needs any more, so we'd like to have a crack at updating it ourselves (I would like to take a copy of the database and the current data 'as is' for the purposes of development, so we don't mess with the current system). The database loads straight into a Switchboard in Form View, and I cannot find a way to switch to Design View. The main screen tells me that I am a member of Admins and Users, and clicking a "Users and Groups", then clicking...

Multiple accounts Outlook 2002
I have 2 questions: 1. I got the following info. from a Knowledge Base search: _________________________________________________________ OL2002: How to Select an E-mail Account to Send Messages The information in this article applies to: Microsoft Outlook 2002 This article was previously published under Q296619 SUMMARY This article describes how to select an e-mail account to send messages in Outlook 2002. MORE INFORMATION In Outlook 2002, you can send and receive messages from multiple Internet e-mail accounts. If you have more than one e-mail account configured in Outlook 2002, selec...

Force Close and Drop Database?
I have a database that a misbehaving process puts into single-user mode. I am trying to come up with a "bulletproof" way in TSQL only to do the GUI equivalent of Forcibly taking control of the database - if its in single user mode then kick the other user off Setting the database to multi-user mode drop the database delete the files Help! Thanks. SnapDive (SnapDive@community.nospam) writes: > I have a database that a misbehaving process puts into single-user > mode. I am trying to come up with a "bulletproof" way in TSQL only to > do t...

Closing a form 02-17-10
I have a form with a command button that opens a new form that displays information based on information from the original form. I want the original form to be visible but unable to be clicked on until the second form is closed or when one command button on the second form is clicked that opens a third form that displays information based on data from the second form. I want the second form to be viewable but, like the original form, but unable to be clicked on until data is entered into the thrid form and then closed. Thank you for your help. Set the forms that you are open...

Account Expiration Date
Looking for a feature that will allow me to create Sharepoint users with an expiration date. On (or prior to) expiration date, an alert would automatically be sent to the site owner(s). I also want this feature to provide the option to automatically disable the login on expiration date. Any idea where I can find such feature? Account expiration is set in Active Directory, not SharePoint. AD controls authentication for accounts. -- Daniel A. Galant Imagine what we could be... if we could just imagine. "Lenid2" <Lenid2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in...

Loan account
Hi, Something else that's giving me trouble. I've set up a loan account - all seems to be fine. It's a three year loan, and the first two payments had already been made when I set the thing up in Money. Money coped with this fine, and within the register of the loan account it now accurately shows the first two payments and the principal-element of each payment, together with the diminishing value of the outstanding loan. However, it doesn't seem to be linked in any way to the account from which the payments are actually being made. Conceptually it seems to me that the loan ...

Close Database
Hello All, How can I kick out everybody from the database. I waste so much time running around to close the database. Also is there a way to compact the database while its open? Thanks Abe Jeff Conrad has a number of options listed at http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/kickoff.html You need exclusive access to the database to compact it. You can initiate the compact from within an open database (see, for example, http://www.mvps.org/access/general/gen0041.htm at "The Access Web"), but as far as I know, doing the compact will close it. Out of curiosity, why do y...

mail only account
Is there away in exchnage to setup an mail only account where the user only has access to owa not not be able to login a workstation. and also Im looking to disabled the user account so no one can login via owa nor a desktop but I want to put up an auto respond stating to email xxx@xxxx.com thanks Don't think it can be done. In order to get an account you basically have to create a AD account which means that the user can login and if you disable the account, you will still be able to get e-mails to the account but you will not be able to access the account. If you want to just cre...

Credit Card and Checking Account...
I use my credit card for all my purchases (it is a cash back credit card). Then when I get my statement I pay the credit card bill with my checking account. Basically the only transactions in my checking account are deposits, checks I have written and bills that come out of my checking account. Should I just put all my transactions into one account in money or should I have a separate checking account and a credit card account? Thanks. In microsoft.public.money, Jambruins wrote: >I use my credit card for all my purchases (it is a cash back credit card). >Then when I get my s...

Account Expired in AD
Hi, we're running Exchange 5.5 and Win2000 AD. If a user's account expired on AD, what happens to their associated exchange mailbox? Deleted/Retained/Available? Retained. Exchange 5.5 accounts are wholly separate from AD accounts. "FireAllianceNX" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3AD3582B-8841-4828-892E-2933C1F27286@microsoft.com... > Hi, we're running Exchange 5.5 and Win2000 AD. If a user's account expired on AD, what happens to their associated exchange mailbox? Deleted/Retained/Available? ...

Add related phone call to Account/Contact
Can anyone provide the URL for the "Actions" - "Add Activity" -> Phone Call form? We'd like to add a short cut toolbar button on the view form (instead of having to click through the menu) but we can't see to figure out the URL value. Simply adding the link to the case form won't pre-populate the related account details. Thanks for your help. http://<crmurl>/activities/phone/edit.aspx?partyid=<accountguid>&partytype=<recordtype>&partyname=<accountname>&contactInfo=<phonenumber> Record types are referenced i...

End of data definition
I have forgotten how to define an area of a worksheet as the end of file. I basically have 30,000 to 40,000 records but want to define different area as the end and home cells. IE if A1 to X40,000 is the data, I want to assign A3,500 as the home and X15,000 as my end while I work with this data. Any ideas? You could hide the unused rows and columns and set that as a View>Custom View you could select whenever you wish. CTRL + Home and CTRL + End will find A3500 and X15000 OR you could set the scrollarea via macro. Sub ScrArea() Sheets("YourSheet").ScrollArea = "A3500:...

Post Closed Batches to Quickbooks
Hi, We have just recently installed RMS and have completed the Assign GL Accounts. We want to test batch posting, so we created a copy of our QB file to play with (in case it blows up!) We are running the Canadian edition of Quickbooks Premier 2005: Retail and Repair Edition. So, what do we do now? I've gone to Journal/Post Closed Batch, clicked the batches, but don't know what to do with 'File Name:' What about after that? And once everything is working great, how do we re-post the batches to our 'real' copy of QB? Thanks for any help anyone can provide! Save...

Money 2005 Closes Abruptly
I am using Money 2005 Premium and all of a sudden everytime I perform an update now, the program closes immediately for no known reason. Any changes I made are still there when I open the program again, but I cannot execute an update now on various accounts. Any ideas or help? Thanks I figured a work around. Selecting one or two updates at a time works, but doing all accounts and investment stuff at the same time causes the program to immediately shut down. "Dig" wrote: > I am using Money 2005 Premium and all of a sudden everytime I perform an > update now, the pro...