Year End Close #2

It would be realatively easy to print Financial Statements for a new year
before closing the prior year. Every GL account has the account type, Bal.
Sheet Account or Profit & Loss Account.
In the first period of the new year, any trx for a Bal Sheet account, prior
to the year end date, would be "rolled forward" into a BBF and inlcuded in
the trial balance, TB Worksheet, or Financial Statement. Any P&L type account
dated prior to the year end date, would be included in the BBF in the
Retained Earnings Account.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f0638fad-dc47-4f57-a36d-10b067096733&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
G.Gayda (1)

Are you talking about using the GP financial statements? You can always use
FRx to create financial reports without closing the year. If you don't like
FRx, there are other financial report writers. XL Reporter
(www.solverusa.com) is another report writer.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"G.Gayda" wrote:

> It would be realatively easy to print Financial Statements for a new year
> before closing the prior year. Every GL account has the account type, Bal.
> Sheet Account or Profit & Loss Account.
> In the first period of the new year, any trx for a Bal Sheet account, prior
> to the year end date, would be "rolled forward" into a BBF and inlcuded in
> the trial balance, TB Worksheet, or Financial Statement. Any P&L type account
> dated prior to the year end date, would be included in the BBF in the
> Retained Earnings Account.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f0638fad-dc47-4f57-a36d-10b067096733&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
callen (2505)
3/24/2006 8:03:04 AM
I have FRx. When I try to print Financial Statemets for Jan 06, before I
close 2005, my Balance Sheet only shows Jan trx's. and is out of balancce by
the net income from last year. The same occurs when I run a trial balance or
a trial balance work papers. I could work on the FRx to generate a report
that takes into account last yrs trx, but it seems like a lot of work for the
user, when COBoL software written in the last 70's could run a good trial
balance and Financial Statements becuase of the logic in the code.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Are you talking about using the GP financial statements? You can always use
> FRx to create financial reports without closing the year. If you don't like
> FRx, there are other financial report writers. XL Reporter
> (www.solverusa.com) is another report writer.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "G.Gayda" wrote:
>
> > It would be realatively easy to print Financial Statements for a new year
> > before closing the prior year. Every GL account has the account type, Bal.
> > Sheet Account or Profit & Loss Account.
> > In the first period of the new year, any trx for a Bal Sheet account, prior
> > to the year end date, would be "rolled forward" into a BBF and inlcuded in
> > the trial balance, TB Worksheet, or Financial Statement. Any P&L type account
> > dated prior to the year end date, would be included in the BBF in the
> > Retained Earnings Account.
> >
> > ----------------
> >
> > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f0638fad-dc47-4f57-a36d-10b067096733&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
GGayda (2)
3/24/2006 1:40:03 PM
Basically, you will have two GL columns in the column layout. The first one
is for 2005 data and is for periods 1 to 12. The second one is for 2006 data
and is for the YTD data in the period you are trying to report. You will have
a CALC column that adds the two GL columns and it is this column that is
printed. There should be a knowledgebase article about doing this type of
report.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"G.Gayda" wrote:

> I have FRx. When I try to print Financial Statemets for Jan 06, before I
> close 2005, my Balance Sheet only shows Jan trx's. and is out of balancce by
> the net income from last year. The same occurs when I run a trial balance or
> a trial balance work papers. I could work on the FRx to generate a report
> that takes into account last yrs trx, but it seems like a lot of work for the
> user, when COBoL software written in the last 70's could run a good trial
> balance and Financial Statements becuase of the logic in the code.
>
> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > Are you talking about using the GP financial statements? You can always use
> > FRx to create financial reports without closing the year. If you don't like
> > FRx, there are other financial report writers. XL Reporter
> > (www.solverusa.com) is another report writer.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "G.Gayda" wrote:
> >
> > > It would be realatively easy to print Financial Statements for a new year
> > > before closing the prior year. Every GL account has the account type, Bal.
> > > Sheet Account or Profit & Loss Account.
> > > In the first period of the new year, any trx for a Bal Sheet account, prior
> > > to the year end date, would be "rolled forward" into a BBF and inlcuded in
> > > the trial balance, TB Worksheet, or Financial Statement. Any P&L type account
> > > dated prior to the year end date, would be included in the BBF in the
> > > Retained Earnings Account.
> > >
> > > ----------------
> > > This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
> > > suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
> > > Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this
> > > link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
> > > click "I Agree" in the message pane.
> > >
> > > http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=f0638fad-dc47-4f57-a36d-10b067096733&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
callen (2505)

Finding merged cells #2
Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire need of a solution... I seem to have a problem due to cells in a worksheet being merged, how can i identify these cells? Many thanks, Rick Excel version? If you have 2002 or 2003 you can use Edit, Find, Format (and specify merged cells), Find All. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:385u2aF5kslgkU1@individual.net... | Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire | need of a solution... | | I seem to have a problem d...

Workbook prints as 2 separate print jobs
When sending an Excel workbook consisting of 1-10 worksheets and choosing the Print Entire Workbook option, the print job prints as though it were two different print jobs sent to the printer. This happens when choosing a Xerox printer-copier, and also when choosing to print to Acrobat Distiller. Any fixes? Suggestions? Thanks. -- Alice. ...

How do I seperate 1 page into 2 in MS Publisher 2003?
I have created a "Newsletter" for my company in Publisher 2003. It is all 1 page and I would like to seperate it into 2 so that the print break doesnt happen in the middle of text boxes. Also how can I convert the "newsletter" into a printer friendly format. Some people are unable to print it correctly so I would like to send it out as a more printer friendly format. I did try converting it to a PDF but it was then 26mb which is too big to email obviously. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You WolfMaster <WolfMaster@discussions.microsoft....

2 different accounts
Me and my wife, we have both an email account, at the same server. My wifes computer is broken and I would like to make also for her a separated account in my windows mail on my computer. I have made a new account for her emailadress but now all her mails come in my mailbox. Is there a solution to split the accounts?? You can have up to 32 email accounts in Windows Mail. However, Windows Mail does not have identities like Outlook Express did. By default, all email from all accounts goes into the same Inbox.=20 There are four different ways of changing that: 1. Use separate Windo...

Customization Questions #2
We have some functuionality qs... The prospect will have a centralised Contacts DB managed in CRM. They are a law firm and hence more than 1 laywer will be associated with a Contact in the CRM contact base. They need a Customization which will allow them to select and add multiple lawyers (AD/CRM users) against a particular contact, So that when they open a contact form - there may be a button which when clicked can show them the AD users associated with the particular contact.Right now we only have the Owner in the admin tab... We hope this is possible by creating a look up to add CR...

How to creater a "center gutter" (like you see in movie end credit
I have received a word document with text aligned with a "center gutter" or something --- I don't know what it is called. They are not using a table or columns to create this. Some lines have it, but others (Like "Starring" in the example below) do not. It seems to have something to do with the tab markers, but I cannot recreate the effect. I reads like this: Director GUY SMILEY Producer GEORGE LAKOFF Editor SAM SPADEY Starring George Jetston GEORGE CLOONEY Ringo FIDO etc, but where the center space betwe...

Email Activity Page takes time to close
Hi, In my application, if the email content in an email activity page is large, the page takes 15-20 seconds to close. I think I should dispose objects while closing the page. But I don't know where to do it? Help please ...

Mail merge & Publisher #2
When I try to choose a source for the mail merge and I choose a data base file that is a Microsoft Excel comma seperated value file or a Microsoft Excel worksheet. I always get a window that pops up that says... "This operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try Again later." Any help would be really appreciated. See if updating your MDAC components and Jet helps Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=78cac895-efc2-4f8e-a9e0-3a1afbd5922e&DisplayLang=en Jet 4.0 Servi...

Duplicate Mailbox in Outlook 2003 #2
I am running Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP SP2 machine. Outlook is configured to connect to an Exchange 2003 server. Under the "All Mail Folders" in Outlook 2003, it lists my mailbox twice - one with the Outlook Today icon and one with the Personal Folder icon (even though it is not a personal folder). Clicking on either one displays the exact same contents and folders. I tried going into the email account options to see if I can remove the duplicate account but there is only one Exchange account is listed. I am not running Outlook in cached mode. I do have a PPC I sync with...

Posting to Previously Closed Period
I did the year-end closing for 2004 but had to reopen December to post audit adjustments. I have not yet done another year-end closing for 2004. GP added entries to my entry. For example, my entry was Debit Expenses Account 1000 Credit Prepaid Expenses 1000 GP added the following: Debit Retained Earnings 1000 Credit Prepaid Expenses 1000 It appears the latter entries were made to change the opening balances in 2005. However, my ending Retained Earnings account in 2004 does not reflect the adjusting entries made to Income Statement accounts. My questions are...

Hotfix 1.2.0183
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896347 Hi to all! Today my partner send me the new hotfix of Store Operation.. the 1.2.0183 .. but the hotfix isn't available into support.microsoft.com Anyone know what contain new hotfix? Thank you Antonio Addresses possible problems with Eltron Label printers. Pretty light hotfix! -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Anto...

closing a floating toolbar
Hi, I need to disable the close button in a floating toolbar. Other solution would be to know what event is called when I press the button "x" on my floating toobar. I have proved with OnClose, but it is not called when I press that button. Thanks a lot, Regards, JIGE Take a look at http://www.mvps.org/vcfaq/mfc/14.htm -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "JIGE" <nacho@ujaen.es> wrote in message news:c150ka$pe5$1@nsnmrro2-gest.nuria.telefonica-data.net... | Hi, | | I need to disable the close button in a floating toolbar. Other solutio...

Out of Office Question #2
I have Out of Office Assistant turned on and want to reply to all messages with a certain email. So I use a Rule and create a tempate with a check in the box 'Reply.' The problem is, when the mailbox recieves a message, it sends 2 emails back to the sender. One with the subject line that reads "Out of Office AutoReply: [email title] -." Also it sends the correct one based on my template. How do I prevent the first one from being sent? Office 2000 running via an Exchange server. Thanks for the help in Advanced! -Amon Amon Borland <AmonBorland@+nospam+gmail....

syncronise betwin 2 PC's ???
Hi I use two PC's a stationary and a laptop and Outlook 2000 and 2002(XP) and can't remember anymore what is where Is it possible to syncronise the two which at home is connected in a LAN so I have everything (concerning Outlook) on boath of them -- erik Denmark Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.c...

task pad #2
What is the difference between these 2 Task Pad views in Outlook 2003: -All Tasks -Today's Tasks Thanks All Tasks also shows completed Tasks. "Dorothy" <Dorothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D29D1515-954A-450D-9CD0-B832DC7DA088@microsoft.com... > What is the difference between these 2 Task Pad views in Outlook 2003: > > -All Tasks > -Today's Tasks > > Thanks ...

Displaying 2 y Axis in different areas
I work in Excel 2000 and need to create a chart that displays data but i have to give the charts to my boss to read who is not very clever and gets very confused with them so i need a way of getting a y axis to display on both sides of the chart so that is lists what is on each side. at the moment it takes me ages using paint and other programs. Can it be done through excel charts -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie Hi, You will find an explanation here http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip005.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http:...

CComboBox #2
Hi all. In CDialog, how do I get a CComboBox to remember what you typed into it when you leave the dialog box but keep the list active whenever you go back into the CDialog? Scott ...

Can't upgrade HQ to 2.00
I try to upgrade HQ database from 1.3 reresh to 2.00 but I have Error "An error occurred while attempting ti upgrade the database 'DF_Configuration_SoftwareValidation1' is not a constraint " How should I do? Help me plz. >_<" -- TOY2TOY ...

End of range changes when I add a number
Please could someone explain why Excel 2000 changes the range in another cell when I type a number into a blank cell? I have a spreadsheet that calculates income by month, something like this: Month Income1 Income2 Income3 Cost Total Jan06 23.99 44.77 55.00 123.76 The Total cells contain a formula =SUM(B2:D2)-E2 (actually there are more income columns, but this is the principle.) I copied this Total formula in the first row, and pasted it into the other 11 rows for the other months. Originally there was no cost column. I inserted this column, and then modifi...

#N/A #2
Would appreciate some help on this............ I have some formulas set up in a spreadsheet that other people will fill progressively. In cells where the formula has no feeder' data to provide a result it displays "#N/A". Is there something I can add to the formula to make the cell appear blank unless there is data to go in there? Hi Bunny! Use: =IF(ISNA(YourFormula),"",Yourformula) -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Thank you again Mr Harker "Norman Harker" <njharker@optusnet.com.au> wrote in me...

How do I calculate the week day hours between 2 days
I need to calculate the difference in hours between when I received a project and when when I completed the project. Within this time frame I do not want to count weekends and I want the workday to be 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. Example (9/11/5 8:00 am started and 9/12/5 8:00 am finished)= 12 hours not 24 hours Is there an easy way to do this? -- Mickey Take a look at Chip Pearson's solution at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm Steve "Mickey" <Mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F5C1698-DED1-4285-846B-AD72CBBB01A3@microsoft.com... >I n...

Sorting by Number of Characters #2
Has anyone ever tried to sort records by number of characters? I need to go through a very large medication document and need to sort out the meds that are 30 characters or less. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Thanks! -- cny2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cny2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25679 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390956 Use a helper column. If the meds are in column A, in column B (or the next blank column) enter B1: =LEN(A1) and ...

CWnd class to ActiveX #2
Hi I have a windows control i.e. CWnd based. I would like to change it into ActiveX control so that I can use it on HTML page and VB. What might the easiest way to change it without rewriting the whole control? Any suggestion on any guide line/pit fall? thanks lordWHO wrote: > Hi > > I have a windows control i.e. CWnd based. > I would like to change it into ActiveX control so that I can use it on > HTML page and VB. > > What might the easiest way to change it without rewriting the whole > control? > Any suggestion on any guide line/pit fall? > > thanks ...

XML Serialization : Error reflecting field.... #2

Splitter windows #2
Is there any way to make a splitter pane always remain the same size regardless of resizing the main frame. My main frame has 3 static splitter panes. The Bottom pane is a form view, and the top pane is split with a tree view and a list view. I want the form view to always stay the same size when the user resizes the window. Thanks. Jo Franklin wrote: > Is there any way to make a splitter pane always remain the same size > regardless of resizing the main frame. My main frame has 3 static splitter > panes. The Bottom pane is a form view, and the top pane is split with a tree > v...