XP Service Pack 2

Hi
I have had trouble with my PC and ran the windows xp repair.
All went well until it tried to update to XP Service Pack 2. It gets as far
as "Creating Cabinets" "Details - Running process before install" The blue
bar only moves about an eighth and stops.
Any idea whats causing this problem please?
0
Steve3367 (862)

Finding merged cells #2
Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire need of a solution... I seem to have a problem due to cells in a worksheet being merged, how can i identify these cells? Many thanks, Rick Excel version? If you have 2002 or 2003 you can use Edit, Find, Format (and specify merged cells), Find All. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP "R D S" <ricknewsgroup@members.v21.co.uk> wrote in message news:385u2aF5kslgkU1@individual.net... | Sorry for posting 2 messages with ref to the same problem but I am in dire | need of a solution... | | I seem to have a problem d...

Workbook prints as 2 separate print jobs
When sending an Excel workbook consisting of 1-10 worksheets and choosing the Print Entire Workbook option, the print job prints as though it were two different print jobs sent to the printer. This happens when choosing a Xerox printer-copier, and also when choosing to print to Acrobat Distiller. Any fixes? Suggestions? Thanks. -- Alice. ...

How do I seperate 1 page into 2 in MS Publisher 2003?
I have created a "Newsletter" for my company in Publisher 2003. It is all 1 page and I would like to seperate it into 2 so that the print break doesnt happen in the middle of text boxes. Also how can I convert the "newsletter" into a printer friendly format. Some people are unable to print it correctly so I would like to send it out as a more printer friendly format. I did try converting it to a PDF but it was then 26mb which is too big to email obviously. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You WolfMaster <WolfMaster@discussions.microsoft....

2 different accounts
Me and my wife, we have both an email account, at the same server. My wifes computer is broken and I would like to make also for her a separated account in my windows mail on my computer. I have made a new account for her emailadress but now all her mails come in my mailbox. Is there a solution to split the accounts?? You can have up to 32 email accounts in Windows Mail. However, Windows Mail does not have identities like Outlook Express did. By default, all email from all accounts goes into the same Inbox.=20 There are four different ways of changing that: 1. Use separate Windo...

Customization Questions #2
We have some functuionality qs... The prospect will have a centralised Contacts DB managed in CRM. They are a law firm and hence more than 1 laywer will be associated with a Contact in the CRM contact base. They need a Customization which will allow them to select and add multiple lawyers (AD/CRM users) against a particular contact, So that when they open a contact form - there may be a button which when clicked can show them the AD users associated with the particular contact.Right now we only have the Owner in the admin tab... We hope this is possible by creating a look up to add CR...

SMTP Service on CRM Server?
Hello Everyone, I'm just looking for a yes/no answer. Is it OK for me to enable the SMTP service on my 2003 CRM Server? I don't see why it would cause any problems but I wanted to poll the group before proceeding. I need SMTP to send automatic emails after a post-callout. Thanks in advance! Regards, -- Mike Parks Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, Georgia I had a customer who had the SMTP service running on the CRM server to enable a POP3 connector and I did not see any side effects...so my vote is 'Yes'. C "Razorback" <Razorback@discussions.mic...

Mail merge & Publisher #2
When I try to choose a source for the mail merge and I choose a data base file that is a Microsoft Excel comma seperated value file or a Microsoft Excel worksheet. I always get a window that pops up that says... "This operation cannot be completed because of dialog or database engine failures. Please try Again later." Any help would be really appreciated. See if updating your MDAC components and Jet helps Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 2.8 SP1 http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=78cac895-efc2-4f8e-a9e0-3a1afbd5922e&DisplayLang=en Jet 4.0 Servi...

Duplicate Mailbox in Outlook 2003 #2
I am running Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP SP2 machine. Outlook is configured to connect to an Exchange 2003 server. Under the "All Mail Folders" in Outlook 2003, it lists my mailbox twice - one with the Outlook Today icon and one with the Personal Folder icon (even though it is not a personal folder). Clicking on either one displays the exact same contents and folders. I tried going into the email account options to see if I can remove the duplicate account but there is only one Exchange account is listed. I am not running Outlook in cached mode. I do have a PPC I sync with...

Excell 2002 xp
need to enable file sharing so that we can have version control on a Excel document Tools, Share Workbook, select (put a check mark into) the option "Allow changes by more than one user...." Then make choices in the Advanced tab as desired.... MRO "sarosh Tafti" <sarosh.tafti@mcdanalds.ca> wrote in message news:071401c38219$9bcc8110$a401280a@phx.gbl... > need to enable file sharing so that we can have version > control on a Excel document ...

GP 6.0 Servce Pack ?
I have GP 6.0 installed and am not sure which service pack is installed. Help About shows the Version Information as follows: Great Plains Dynamics 6.00g52. When GP 6 is installed without a service pack applied the build number is 6.00g5. Can anyone tell me what service pack is applied when the build number is 6.00g52? Thank you. Don 6.00g52 corresponds to Service Pack 5 if my mind serves me correctly. When working with this service pack, your Dexterity runtime should be 6.00m064. 6.00g45 corresponds to Service Pack 4, and the matching Dexterity runtime is 6.00m061. 6.00g5 is the...

Hotfix 1.2.0183
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896347 Hi to all! Today my partner send me the new hotfix of Store Operation.. the 1.2.0183 .. but the hotfix isn't available into support.microsoft.com Anyone know what contain new hotfix? Thank you Antonio Addresses possible problems with Eltron Label printers. Pretty light hotfix! -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "Anto...

Out of Office Question #2
I have Out of Office Assistant turned on and want to reply to all messages with a certain email. So I use a Rule and create a tempate with a check in the box 'Reply.' The problem is, when the mailbox recieves a message, it sends 2 emails back to the sender. One with the subject line that reads "Out of Office AutoReply: [email title] -." Also it sends the correct one based on my template. How do I prevent the first one from being sent? Office 2000 running via an Exchange server. Thanks for the help in Advanced! -Amon Amon Borland <AmonBorland@+nospam+gmail....

syncronise betwin 2 PC's ???
Hi I use two PC's a stationary and a laptop and Outlook 2000 and 2002(XP) and can't remember anymore what is where Is it possible to syncronise the two which at home is connected in a LAN so I have everything (concerning Outlook) on boath of them -- erik Denmark Take a look here, it may help: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.c...

[Excel 2003] problem in files with pivottables after install Office Service Pack 3
Hi all. System: Windows XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Professional + Service Pack 3 I have a problem with some xls files after install office service pack 3. With service pack 2 this files normal open. With service pack 3 after open file displays dialog (my translate from russian) "In workbook ... have contents which can not be read. Try restore contents of workbook ? If you trust source of this workbook, press button YES". If I press "No" - file not opens. If I press "Yes", displays next dialog. This dialog form content a list of corrections in file. Biggest pa...

How to make a service start a process with some user under VISTA?
In vista, services are not allowed to interactive with user. So I want to create a service to launch specified process when a process with some user sends a request. The request could be implemented by using IPC, but I don't know how to make the service to determine which user to use to start a new process. In the other words, the service have no idea about user's access token. Is anyone has idea? WTSGetActiveConsoleSessionId, WTSQuerySessionInformation. Warning: Only use the Unicode version of WTSQuerySessionInformation. If your application is running in ANSI mode then call W...

task pad #2
What is the difference between these 2 Task Pad views in Outlook 2003: -All Tasks -Today's Tasks Thanks All Tasks also shows completed Tasks. "Dorothy" <Dorothy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D29D1515-954A-450D-9CD0-B832DC7DA088@microsoft.com... > What is the difference between these 2 Task Pad views in Outlook 2003: > > -All Tasks > -Today's Tasks > > Thanks ...

Displaying 2 y Axis in different areas
I work in Excel 2000 and need to create a chart that displays data but i have to give the charts to my boss to read who is not very clever and gets very confused with them so i need a way of getting a y axis to display on both sides of the chart so that is lists what is on each side. at the moment it takes me ages using paint and other programs. Can it be done through excel charts -- Thank you for reading my post. Hopefully you can answer my querie Hi, You will find an explanation here http://www.andypope.info/tips/tip005.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http:...

CComboBox #2
Hi all. In CDialog, how do I get a CComboBox to remember what you typed into it when you leave the dialog box but keep the list active whenever you go back into the CDialog? Scott ...

Change default view on Service Calendar
Hi, Is there a way to change the default view on the Service Calenday. The default "type" is Resouce. I would like to change it to Faciliy/Equipment if that were possible. Any ideas on how to do this. I have searched many areas, but cannot pinpoint this. Thanks for any help in advance. Regards, Keener ...

Can't upgrade HQ to 2.00
I try to upgrade HQ database from 1.3 reresh to 2.00 but I have Error "An error occurred while attempting ti upgrade the database 'DF_Configuration_SoftwareValidation1' is not a constraint " How should I do? Help me plz. >_<" -- TOY2TOY ...

Windows 7 and Windows XP VM: disk drive issue
The problem: I've installed Win 7 pro (64 bit) and the Win XP virtual machine (the one you have to download, not the "compatibility mode" included with Win 7). The computer is an HP m9425f with three hard drives -- no idea whether they are partitions of a single physical drive or separate. The drives are, naturally, C, D, and E. The DVD drive is F. The problem is that the Win XP VM can't see the D and E drives. It therefore assigns letter D to the DVD -- and then complains because it can't find the DVD drive. I've tried setting Win 7 to not tell the XP VM tha...

#N/A #2
Would appreciate some help on this............ I have some formulas set up in a spreadsheet that other people will fill progressively. In cells where the formula has no feeder' data to provide a result it displays "#N/A". Is there something I can add to the formula to make the cell appear blank unless there is data to go in there? Hi Bunny! Use: =IF(ISNA(YourFormula),"",Yourformula) -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Thank you again Mr Harker "Norman Harker" <njharker@optusnet.com.au> wrote in me...

How do I calculate the week day hours between 2 days
I need to calculate the difference in hours between when I received a project and when when I completed the project. Within this time frame I do not want to count weekends and I want the workday to be 8:00 am to 8:00 pm. Example (9/11/5 8:00 am started and 9/12/5 8:00 am finished)= 12 hours not 24 hours Is there an easy way to do this? -- Mickey Take a look at Chip Pearson's solution at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeWS.htm Steve "Mickey" <Mickey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9F5C1698-DED1-4285-846B-AD72CBBB01A3@microsoft.com... >I n...

Sorting by Number of Characters #2
Has anyone ever tried to sort records by number of characters? I need to go through a very large medication document and need to sort out the meds that are 30 characters or less. Anyone have any ideas on how to do this? Thanks! -- cny2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cny2's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25679 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=390956 Use a helper column. If the meds are in column A, in column B (or the next blank column) enter B1: =LEN(A1) and ...

CWnd class to ActiveX #2
Hi I have a windows control i.e. CWnd based. I would like to change it into ActiveX control so that I can use it on HTML page and VB. What might the easiest way to change it without rewriting the whole control? Any suggestion on any guide line/pit fall? thanks lordWHO wrote: > Hi > > I have a windows control i.e. CWnd based. > I would like to change it into ActiveX control so that I can use it on > HTML page and VB. > > What might the easiest way to change it without rewriting the whole > control? > Any suggestion on any guide line/pit fall? > > thanks ...