Workflow and GP10 Install - insisting on Windows 2003 Server

Hi,

I have a Windows 2003 Server that has (according to me) all the
pre-requisites installed needed for Dynamics GP 10 Workflow
including Windows 2003 Server, IIS, Sharepoint, Web Services e.t.c.

The problem I am having is after completing the install screens e.g.
specifying web services URL and security admin service URL e.t.c.
When I click on Install, it comes up with an error that 'Workflow needs to
be installed on a Windows 2003 Server' - which is ludicrous as we are on one.

Any ideas please.

Thanks
Neil

0
Neillin (64)

Neil,

Workflow will only install on the following versions of Windows Server:

Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, or Standard Edition
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP 2, or Standard Edition
SP 2
Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition or R2 Standard Edition

In addition these are some other considerations for the above:

1. Not compatible with any x64 operating system until the next release of
Microsoft Dynamics GP

2. Workflow will be supported with the release of Microsoft Office
SharePoint Server service pack 2.

3. The Workflow Software Development Kit is supported with Windows Server
2008. Service Pack 2 is required for compatibility.

4. The web server computer name cannot contain an underscore(_)

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Neillin" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a Windows 2003 Server that has (according to me) all the
> pre-requisites installed needed for Dynamics GP 10 Workflow
> including Windows 2003 Server, IIS, Sharepoint, Web Services e.t.c.
>
> The problem I am having is after completing the install screens e.g.
> specifying web services URL and security admin service URL e.t.c.
> When I click on Install, it comes up with an error that 'Workflow needs to
> be installed on a Windows 2003 Server' - which is ludicrous as we are on one.
>
> Any ideas please.
>
> Thanks
> Neil

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/9/2008 4:31:03 PM
Hi Mariano,

My machine is: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP 2

Regards your other considerations:

In addition these are some other considerations for the above:
 1. Not compatible with any x64 operating system until the next release of
 Microsoft Dynamics GP  (Mine is not X64)

 2. Workflow will be supported with the release of Microsoft Office
 SharePoint Server service pack 2. (I did install Sharepoint Server SP2)

 4. The web server computer name cannot contain an underscore(_) - My
Webserver name is: erp-presales.

I found I techknowledge on partnersource that states that Workflow cannot be
installed on a domain controller.  Our machine is the domain controller.

This is sda as we had hoped to use only one machine for: Dynamics GP, IIS,
Sharepoint, Web Services, Workflow & Portal 4.0 - please can you confirm that
this is not possible and recommend the best route for us going forward.

Currently our server is a domain controller and has GP, SQL, Sharepoint, Web
Services installed. We still want to install Workflow & BP.

Thanks
Neil

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Neil,
>
> Workflow will only install on the following versions of Windows Server:
>
> Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, or Standard Edition
> Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP 2, or Standard Edition
> SP 2
> Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition or R2 Standard Edition
>
> In addition these are some other considerations for the above:
>
> 1. Not compatible with any x64 operating system until the next release of
> Microsoft Dynamics GP
>
> 2. Workflow will be supported with the release of Microsoft Office
> SharePoint Server service pack 2.
>
> 3. The Workflow Software Development Kit is supported with Windows Server
> 2008. Service Pack 2 is required for compatibility.
>
> 4. The web server computer name cannot contain an underscore(_)
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Neillin" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a Windows 2003 Server that has (according to me) all the
> > pre-requisites installed needed for Dynamics GP 10 Workflow
> > including Windows 2003 Server, IIS, Sharepoint, Web Services e.t.c.
> >
> > The problem I am having is after completing the install screens e.g.
> > specifying web services URL and security admin service URL e.t.c.
> > When I click on Install, it comes up with an error that 'Workflow needs to
> > be installed on a Windows 2003 Server' - which is ludicrous as we are on one.
> >
> > Any ideas please.
> >
> > Thanks
> > Neil

0
Neillin (64)
7/10/2008 10:39:02 AM
Neil,

Based on what you are telling me you have 2 options:

1) You may want to consider getting a Domain Controller, a SQL Server and a
web server. You can run GP on the SQL Server and run IIS, Web Services, Work
and Portal on another.

2) You can consider virtualizing your environment. I am not sure what are
your policies or beliefs on virtualization, but it's a good route when you
cannot extend yourself in hardware.

Best regards,
--

"Neillin" wrote:

> Hi Mariano,
>

> My machine is: Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP 2
>
> Regards your other considerations:
>
> In addition these are some other considerations for the above:
>  1. Not compatible with any x64 operating system until the next release of
>  Microsoft Dynamics GP  (Mine is not X64)
>
>  2. Workflow will be supported with the release of Microsoft Office
>  SharePoint Server service pack 2. (I did install Sharepoint Server SP2)
>
>  4. The web server computer name cannot contain an underscore(_) - My
> Webserver name is: erp-presales.
>

> I found I techknowledge on partnersource that states that Workflow cannot be
> installed on a domain controller.  Our machine is the domain controller.
>
> This is sda as we had hoped to use only one machine for: Dynamics GP, IIS,
> Sharepoint, Web Services, Workflow & Portal 4.0 - please can you confirm that
> this is not possible and recommend the best route for us going forward.
>
> Currently our server is a domain controller and has GP, SQL, Sharepoint, Web
> Services installed. We still want to install Workflow & BP.
>
> Thanks
> Neil
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Neil,
> >
> > Workflow will only install on the following versions of Windows Server:
> >
> > Microsoft Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition, or Standard Edition
> > Microsoft Windows Server 2003 Enterprise Edition SP 2, or Standard Edition
> > SP 2
> > Microsoft Windows Server 2003 R2 Enterprise Edition or R2 Standard Edition
> >
> > In addition these are some other considerations for the above:
> >
> > 1. Not compatible with any x64 operating system until the next release of
> > Microsoft Dynamics GP
> >
> > 2. Workflow will be supported with the release of Microsoft Office
> > SharePoint Server service pack 2.
> >
> > 3. The Workflow Software Development Kit is supported with Windows Server
> > 2008. Service Pack 2 is required for compatibility.
> >
> > 4. The web server computer name cannot contain an underscore(_)
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Neillin" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I have a Windows 2003 Server that has (according to me) all the
> > > pre-requisites installed needed for Dynamics GP 10 Workflow
> > > including Windows 2003 Server, IIS, Sharepoint, Web Services e.t.c.
> > >
> > > The problem I am having is after completing the install screens e.g.
> > > specifying web services URL and security admin service URL e.t.c.
> > > When I click on Install, it comes up with an error that 'Workflow needs to
> > > be installed on a Windows 2003 Server' - which is ludicrous as we are on one.
> > >
> > > Any ideas please.
> > >
> > > Thanks
> > > Neil

0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Couldn't Find c:\windows\system32\system.mdw Message
Loaded Access 97 on my new Vista Machine and got the above message when I tried to start Access. How do I fix this ? Vista has more stringent rules about who, and how you can write to the System32 (or Windows for that matter) folder. If you have another machine with and unsecured system.mdw file try to copy it to your new one. If it lets you, you are fine, if not you'll need to work with someone in a Vista newsgroup to figure out what the problem is. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JWalker" <JWalker...

Outlook 2003 News

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

Window Redirection?

Outlook 2003 #79

Help Required

Canadian Mergers 2003

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

Filters in Excel 2003

How to install WCF templates?
How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template in VWD2008EE but not in VC#2008EE. Any help would be appreciated Thank you Regards Raj On Apr 15, 1:55=A0pm, Raj <R...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How to install WCF templates for Visual C# 2008 Express Edition? > > I have Visual Web Developer 2008 Express Edition too and my computer is > running on Winodws XP Professional. I can find WCF template ...

Relay Servers?

Microsoft Exchange Server

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

PDA-Outlook 2003