Word Wrap in Report Writer

Hello
i have Item Description In Report Writer ,but the description is too
long.

Is there any way to make word wrap for this field?

Thank you

0
info2256 (101)

Word wrap might be possible with graphic-reports...

"Monzer Osama" wrote:

> Hello
> i have Item Description In Report Writer ,but the description is too
> long.
>
> Is there any way to make word wrap for this field?
>
> Thank you

Report Writer does not word wrap.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Vincent Ong" wrote:

> Word wrap might be possible with graphic-reports...
>
> "Monzer Osama" wrote:
>
> > Hello
> > i have Item Description In Report Writer ,but the description is too
> > long.
> >
> > Is there any way to make word wrap for this field?
> >
> > Thank you

0
callen (2505)
6/4/2007 9:51:02 PM
You can use the RW_ParseString() report writer user defined function in a
couple of calculated fields.

Its parameters are:

in string IN_string;			{ String Field to Parse }
in integer IN_characters;		{ Number of Characters per Line }
in integer IN_line;			{ Line Number to Return }

For example the two fields would be:

Line1 = RW_ParseString('Item Description, 50, 1)
Line2 = RW_ParseString('Item Description, 50, 2)

Note this function will not break a word in half.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer - Great Plains

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

and confers no rights.

"Monzer Osama" wrote:

> Hello
> i have Item Description In Report Writer ,but the description is too
> long.
>
> Is there any way to make word wrap for this field?
>
> Thank you

0
dmusgrav1 (1325)
6/5/2007 1:22:00 AM
Thabk you David,
thnks for all

0
info2256 (101)

Every Day Total Report Print Schedule
Hi again ... Can anyone help me in case I need my dayly sales reports to be printed every day automaticaly for example at 11.00 pm ? Is there any rule in RMS or other tool to do that ? -- Best Regards Ashot Bayatyan Hi Ashot What version of SQL are you using? This can be done with SQL reporting Services, and it can be done using this. Very easily Stephen Zwarts IMMIX Solutions "Ashot" <abayatian@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:C65CBD1F-EAC9-492E-9B38-87615ED456D1@microsoft.com... > Hi again ... > Can anyone help me in case I need my dayly sales reports to be ...

Exporting chart from Excel to Word
Hi, I want to copy/paste a graph from Excel to Word. The only problem is that the file is too big, because each graph has 775 kb. How can I export just the graph, without the link to the document and all the information of the graph. I just want to have the "picture" not all the other stuff. Thank you for your help! Mike Middleton wrote: > Heidi - > >> I want to copy/paste a graph from Excel to Word. The only problem is >> that > the file is too big, because each graph has 775 kb. How can I export > just the graph, without the link to the document and all ...

Kerberos Double Hop problem for viewing reports
I'm assuming I'm having a double hop problem. I can log into crm, I can log into reporting services, I CANNOT log into crm and click on reports without getting a 401.1 unauthorized error. I downloaded and ran the CRMDiagnosticsTool for detecting double hop issues to help troubleshoot...I pasted the output below(I scrubbed my org name out of it sub-ing in generic dept.ad.campus) I have a CRM Server, a 2005 Reporting Server(uses the remote db box as well), a SQL 2005 box(hosts both CRM and RS dbs) all on separate boxes. I tried to follow the article "Addition Setup Tasks wh...

Modifying Report Filter
How do I modify the report filter such that I can include a user defined field from the Customer Field of the Configuration GUI? I would like to be able to generate reports by filtering on a Numeric Field. Any assistance in this matter would be deeply appreciated. Eric, If you want to use Crystal Reports under the Utilities menu select the Customer.def "Eric Fiore" <EricFiore@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:11AA6EEE-9046-4B0C-82F2-CC491D1142FC@microsoft.com... > How do I modify the report filter such that I can include a user defined > field from the...

edit word art text?
I am trying to edit word art text created in an earlier version of Publisher (1998) with Publisher 2007, but it is not supported. Any ideas how to do this? The recent version will allow changes to everything but the text. There is a WordArt compatibility utility. You use it by Insert, Object, Scroll down to WordArt 3.2. If you have the old WordArt on your screen and you have installed the utility, simply double-click the WordArt. Publisher 2003/2002 Add-in: WordArt Compatibility http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=897AA11B-A37D-4586-A1A7-54BBEA375AE2&displayla...

Find Similar Words In An Excel Document
Hi! I've checked a few threads on this matter, but they don't quite cover what I'm after. I have an Excel document with several columns full of words and numbers. I have a Master column, which contains the Initial List. (A) I want to compare all the remaining columns to A, but not to each other. So that for example; B,C,D,E,F,G all compare against A and highlight within themselves, any words that match anything in A. The Slave columns will continue to grow, so the Formula would be something that can be copied and pasted to new Columns with minimal change. Preferably someth...

Word 2007 Headings: whole line or nothing
I had a large technical document I worked on in Word 2003 where the beginning of each section had a species name and other information (codes, authorities, etc.). I was able to select just one portion of the line (the name) and assign it to a heading, and have it appear in the Table of Contents. After importing the file in Word 2007, it will not show that text in the ToC, and if I go to reselect it as a Heading style, it will not allow me to select just one part of the line--either the whole line is part of the Heading, or none of it. Doesn't matter if I save the document in ...

hyperlink in Excel to Word doc closes Excel doc
Clicking hyperlink to a word document in my Excel workbook work only once. Every other time the excel document closes as the word document opens??? This is obviously annoying, because I want to go back and forth between my multiple documents Are you using xl97? If you are, try making a change to a cell (any change, any cell), then click the hyperlink. (Selecting a cell, hitting F2, then enter may be enough of a change.) I think that if excel sees your workbook as "dirty" (needing a save), then it won't close. Hyperlinks close Excel Document wrote: > > Clicking hype...

Probl�me to start reporting with CRM 3.0
Hello We have the CRM 3.0. In fact I made a report with visual studio 2005 with SQL Server 2005. The report has a hidden parameter. When I The visualized with visual studio, it works well. But when I includes the Level of CRM and try to start my error: "Reporting Services Error" "For more information about this error navigate to the report on the server Local server machine, or enable remote errors " "SQL Server Reporting Services Think you for your assistance Are you using a shared data source in your report? If you run the report directly from the CRM server, it...

Excel diagrams in word
Why does a word document containing text and about 15 exceldiagrams take up 6 Mb of space in XP? Before I installed XP and XPOffice I had Windows NT 4.0 and about the same amount of excel diagrams in a word document and it was only about 600 Kb. The diagrams are not gif or any other format just plain excel diagrams. Is this a known problem ?? I.e in XP everything takes up more space?? Thank you for helping .... ...

Group Objects on a Report
Hello, Is there a way to group objects (fields, lines, boxes, etc.) so it is simplier to code visibility and movement? Currently I have a report with many subreports within it that are visible/invisible depending on the circumstance. Although this works, there are times when the spacing does become and issue since you have to leave some gap between each subreport no matter how horizontally narrow you make them. It would be nice if I could group together all objects in a particular section, make them visible/invisible simulataneously and the move them up the page when other sections are...

Opening a Word Template from within Excel
I have the following VBA code with opens a Word Template (.dot extension) from Excel: 1. CommandButton1 code on worksheet -- Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() SQLRollup DeleteBlankRows RollupToSQLServer1 InsertTrackingSpecificData frmClients.Show End Sub 2. Code on frmClients Private Sub cmdProposal_Click() frmOrders.Show frmClients.Hide End Sub 3. Code on frmOrders Private Sub cmdManaged_Click() 'opens a new Word Template Dim wordApp As Word.Application Dim wordDot As Word.Template Set wordApp = New Word.Application On Error ...

How do I stop word break-ing in publisher
Does anyone know how to stop the annoying word breaking in Publisher for instance " If this was a sentence part of a word may be split a the end of the line like th-is showing "th-" on the upper line and "is" on the next line. Please help I find this very annoy- ing! If you know what I mean. It's called hyphenating and in Publisher 2000 you would select Tools, Options, Edit and uncheck the "Automatically hyphenate new text frames". -- Don Vancouver, USA "Nigel" <Nigel@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7EC05219-3...

Report Manager access: localhost vs 127.0.0.1
Hi, What is the difference between accessing Report Manager via localhost and 127.0.0.1? a) http://localhost/Reports_MyInstance b) http://127.0.0.1/Reports_MyInstance I have installed SQL Server 2008 Express with Advanced Services on Windows 7. After installation I tried to access Report Manager using the urls as specified by a and b. In case a, the Report Manager interface loaded showing a Contents and Properties tab. In case b, first a dialog box popped up asking for credentials. I entered the credentials for the current user that was logged on. Then the Report Manager lo...

Using Excel with Word
I am trying to create a form letter, or update one, whenever a new entry is made in excel. Certain select fields need to be inserted into the letter from the last row entered from excel. How do I do it, or where can I find instructions for such? Merge (Excel - Word) For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source have a look here http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.st...

Hyperlink to bookmark in Word 2007
I can hyperlink to a bookmark in a Word document if the document is opened in Word 2003, where the link is of the form: http://server/mysite/docs/mydoc.doc#mybookmark However, in Word 2007, the document is opened at its top; the bookmark is ignored. Could anyone confirm whether this is a known problem with Word 2007? I have seen another instance reported: http://www.tech-archive.net/Archive/Word/microsoft.public.word.docmanagement/2008-10/msg00410.html but supporting evidence would be helpful. Thanks. In a quick test, hyperlinking to a particular bookmark seems to work f...

How do I make additions to my toolbars apply to every word documen
In Microsoft Word 2003, everytime I add a button to the toolbar it is removed after I close the document and reopen it. I did not have this problem before, but I recently had to replace the hard drive and re-install Microsoft Office, and now I do not know how to enable saving changes to my tool bar. There are several features such as "page format," "envelopes and labels," "line spacing," that I use all the time. Before re-installing Microsoft office I could simply click on an existing toolbar drop down menu, go to "add or remove buttons,"...

Converting irregular Word table to spreadsheet
I am using Office Professional Edition 2003 I want to convert a list of members of a club and their contact details into a spreadsheet database. The form of each record in Word is: membership type (in upper case), name, address, phone number (if any), fax (if any), email (if any), for example ACTIVE Bill Gates Office in the Sky 25 The Long Road The Big City State, Code COUNTRY Phone: 123 4567 8910 Fax: 123 4567 8910 Email: bill@heaven.org Each line in each record terminates with a line break, and each record terminates with a paragraph mark. The ...

By Passing Reports with no data
I have a series of query driven reports that are run from the on click command of a button on a form. These reports are not opened or printed but saved in a folder on a network share. Once the reports have been created an email is send to specific people letting them know that new reports have been created. Below is the code I am using so far. This code works fine other than it creates a blank report if there's no data to be displayed. I am looking for a way to run the reports but ONLY save reports if they actually have data. ==CODE ============================= Private Sub Command38_...

Making height of box in report dependent of content
Hi all, There are a few memo fields in my report, with variable amounts of possible content. How can I make the height of the box dependent of the content inside it? I already tried to figure out the information on http://www.mvps.org/access/reports/rpt0010.htm, but it was quite complicated. Is there an easier way to solve my problem? I hope someone is willing and able to help me; it would make me very happy. Bye! Sietske -- Set the can grow property of the controls for the memo fields to YES -- Set the can grow property of the section containing those controls to YES -- Make sure...

word not responding 01-29-10
whilst doing a spell check Microsoft word has frozen - how can I unfreeze it without losing all of my written work? ...

Link chart in word from excel
Is ther e a way I can take an existing chart from excel and insert it into word, such that it is linked. That is, not just copy and paste. I want it linked like linked data. Thanks in advance -- I may not know VBA inside out, but from the outside I am looking in. Dylan Moran - Melbourne Australia Its ok worked it out, 10 seconds after posting DOH! -- I may not know VBA inside out, but from the outside I am looking in. Dylan Moran - Melbourne Australia "Dylan Moran" wrote: > Is ther e a way I can take an existing chart from excel and insert it into > word, such that it...

Create a folder in Word on export
I am in the process of created several forms that will merge data to Word Templates that are legal documents. What I need to do is; 1) look in a defined folder in Word and determine if another folder exist if not create the folder and name it based on a field on the Access Form. 2) Once the folder is created save the merged.doc as a saveas naming it the same name as the template or a name from a field on the form, or if the folder in Word already exist, do a saveas to the that folder, then display the .doc for possible changes. Also if it is not obvious I’m a newbe. I know from wha...

How to convert any number in text or word in excel?
Convert how? Into another number? Search and replace? What version of Excel? More details in the body of your message might give people a better clue of what you're trying to do. -- Susan Ramlet **please reply to the newsgroup so others may benefit** "formula" <formula@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3975AD18-7608-45C8-A36C-8A382853CC60@microsoft.com... > ...

Reports dictionary problem
Have a workstation that gets a message the the reports.dic is out of date and needs to be updated using Utilities. The workstation is pointing to the exact dictionary (via dynamics.set) that all others are pointing to and no other workstation has this message. When we turn on her security to see amended reports, she gets an error message and can not print any report. When we turn it off, she gets the reports.dic message when she boots and then things are fine. Any ideas or pointers to any tech #'s? Thanks Is the workstation in question on the same level of service packs as the oth...