windows xp frontpage error

Just got a call from my child at college, is getting a message saying to "put
in windows xp cd with frontpage", it was installed at the factory and the cd
says nothing about frontpage, was installed in coputer in2004 windows xp
professional, autoupdatw won't do it. any clue to what is going on? Is
freezing computer and won't open excell.
0
Diana (52)

Hi Diana,

Though this is the newsgroup for Microsoft Dynamics GP and not Windows XP or
Ofice, I will try to help you out. In future, please post to the appropriate
newsgroup.

I believe the error message being received is infact asking your child to
insert the Office XP with FrontPage CD and not the Windows XP with FrontPage
CD as I don't recall Microsoft shipping any such CD's. If they have the
Office XP CD, I suggest inserting that when the message appears, otherwise
hit cancel several times and Excel should come up.

Hope this helps.
-Mike

--
Micheal LoPatriello
Coordinator,

"diana" wrote:

> Just got a call from my child at college, is getting a message saying to "put
> in windows xp cd with frontpage", it was installed at the factory and the cd
> says nothing about frontpage, was installed in coputer in2004 windows xp
> professional, autoupdatw won't do it. any clue to what is going on? Is
> freezing computer and won't open excell.
0
mlopat (88)

Excel 2002 (XP)
I have data in cells and I'm using inner and outer borders. There are times I like to move or cut a few cell and paste else where. When I do that, the original location where the data was, the borders are gone. Is there a way to move/cut data and keep the format/borders intact? Note: When I do the above using copy, the original format stays intact. But this means I have to go back and delete the data. I prefer to move/cut just the data, and leave the borders as is. Thanks, MarkC Hi Mark! When you cut or move a cell, both the data and the cell formatting it cut/moved. If you co...

Outlook XP sp3 and IPAQ
I have 2 users on our network that have been getting warning messages from Outlook saying that a program is trying to access e-mail addresses in their Outlook address book. It appears to happen everytime they go to sync their IPAQ handhelds. Does anyone know the solution to this problem. I have seen the reference to Palm OS on the slipstick site, but haven't seen anything about Windows PC. Thanks in advance, Bob Showalter What version of Active Sync are you using? -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP ...

Data Validation
How can you get an audio sound when the error alert message displays in Excel 2003? -- psolick By default, Excel will make a sound when the error alert is shown. Turn up/on your volume :) -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "Help" <peggy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50FD7B49-C2FF-4484-8B9A-3BBE38E00DDF@microsoft.com... > How can you get an audio sound when the error alert message displays in > Excel > 2003? > -- > psolick ...

Custom entity errors
When I try to create a new entity I get the following message upon saving.. An error has occured please contact your system administrator. Everything else seems to be working. -- dld3 Most likely a rights issue. DO you have proper rights to make changes to the MS SQL database? -- Anne Stanton, MVP-CRM, MBA/ACC President The Norwich Group http://www.thenorwichgroup.com http://thenorwichgroup.blogs.com "Dave" <Dave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C80729A4-DA6A-46A0-A781-EB3A6C888ABC@microsoft.com... > When I try to create a new entity I get the foll...

Error while connecting the Database
Hello, during the installation of MS-CRM 1.2 I have to create a connection to the (existing) database. This database is stored on another server. While trying to connect the database I get the following error: On the computer with SQL server full text indexing must be implemented. The indexing service is installed. The SQL service "Microsoft search" also. Any ideas? Thanks! Stefan ...

Ecel (XP) formatting
Hello, I use Excel (XP) to create tables for web pages - i.e. 'save as we page...' and then open them in dream weaver to format them. The proble I'm having is that saving as web page keeps all the column values an row heights etc. which creates a v.largge html page. Is there a way to strip out all the values when saving? Many thanks in advance ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Excel opening with Visual Basiic File not Found Error?? Help!!!
When I open up Excel I am receiving an error message "Microsoft Visual Basic File not Found" when I hit help it tells me it is file not found error 53. Can anyone provide me some information on how I need to fix this problem. Help!!!! Thanks, Judd Hi Judd, See responses to similar questions from Tom Ogilvy http://tinyurl.com/9nubf and Dave Peterson: http://tinyurl.com/829pc --- Regards, Norman "jbsand1001" <jbsand1001@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A6EAD2E6-E90E-4929-9368-0C96BCADC374@microsoft.com... > When I open up Exce...

Outlook Window Resizing in RegEdit
I have had a problem with some software which appears to have sized the Outlook window to a size which makes it disappear from the screen. If I Alt Tab to it and hit Alt and the Down Arrow, I can see the menu's, but no window. If I Maximise it from the Task Bar then it runs full screen, but I want to run it at the original half- screen sized window. I know that there is a way of editing the size of the window in the System Registry. Does anyone know where this can be done? I am fairly competent with Reg Edit. Thanks. ...

Change Appearance of Font in Email Window
I would like to change the appearance of screen fonts in the email pane in Outlook 2003. When I open an email, there is a button on the toolbar which allows me to increase the appearance of the font size, but is there a way to make the larger size the default? Thanks. -- Frank ...

Outlook XP (2002) cannot find reply address
When I reply to an email, Outlook does not find the address of the person I am replying to and instead asks me to tell it using that fun little dialog that creates a new address book entry. I don't need or want everyone that sends me an email in my address book, and want it to stop checking for an entry there and just use the one on the email I am replying to - like all previous versions of Outlook (97 & 2000) did. ...

TransferSpreadsheet Access 2003 to Excel 2007 Error
I've had Excel 2007 installed and still run Access 2003 on my PC. The following code ran fine when Excel 2003 was on my PC, but since using 2007 it generates an error. 'Transfer the recordset data to the workbook. DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acExport, , QueryName, strNewWorkbookPath _ , , NamedFormula The error details are: err.Number 3274 err.Description External table is not in the expected format. Any ideas as to possible fixes for this problem? ...

4.4.7 error

"Error has occurred" message when Outlook left idle
Whenever I walk away from my computer for a few minutes, when I come back, I have received this message regarding Outlook: "An error has occurred in this program. To keep working anyway, click Ignore and save in a new file. To quit, click Close. You will lose information since your last save." ...

Exporting to Windows Live Mail
How do I export messages from OE6 to Windows Live Mail? -- Paul If WLMail is on the same machine, it will import automatically. To go to another machine....... Transferring data from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail: For messages: Copy the *ENTIRE* OE message store folder to a flash drive. (Folders.dbx must be included). Place this on the Desktop or other location on the machine using WLMail. Open WLMail and: File | Import | Messages | Microsoft Outlook Express 6 and point to where you saved it. OE Message Store Location: In OE: Tools | Options | Maintenance | S...

error 2424 message
Hi, My database includes a form for rentals of the department-owned car by employees. This form has a combobox to select the hirer. The NotInList event procedure calls to open in Dialog mode the form to enter a new employee's master data, while the rental form goes invisible. The master data form's cmdSave_Click event procedure hides the form. While the rental form is still invisible, its hirer combo NotInList procedure is then to read from the master data form's key field. That's when error 2424 comes in. The direct window provides this: ? Forms(1).Name, Forms(conNew...

adding multiple error bars to bar chart
i need some help!! i need to add error bars to a bar chart, and each value in the series has a different standard error which has to be added. any ideas how i can do this?? each time i try and change the error bar they all change in the series! Help me please! Hi, On the Error bar dialog is the option to use a range as the values. This can be used for both positive and negative values. See Jon Peltier's page, http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ErrorBars.html Cheers Andy belinda001 wrote: > i need some help!! i need to add error bars to a bar chart, and each value in > ...

Error on opening
When I attempt to open "Outlook" I always get the following error message: OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault in module <unknown> at 0000:13722a04. Registers: EAX=00110162 CS=015f EIP=13722a04 EFLGS=00010246 EBX=00000000 SS=0167 ESP=0056f114 EBP=0056f338 ECX=0056f340 DS=0167 ESI=01a1105c FS=3797 EDX=0056f364 ES=0167 EDI=01a1093c GS=0000 Bytes at CS:EIP: Stack dump: 3a45beaa 01a1105c 0056f340 01a1093c 0069112c 00691cf0 81400000 04572d96 01440000 01672da7 16a71624 5270814e 076e1787 16a7077a 815c3797 17874e04 I cannot open 'outlook' to retrieve my id number. Any s...

Exchange 2003 Admin tools on XP x64
I need to load the Exchange 2003 Admin Tools on an XP x64 bit box. I am getting an error saying the tools are not compatible with x64. Do you have a work around? Will SP-2 for Exchange include x64 admin tools? Thanks. sc0rpi0n As for the work around: There is always the alternative of loading up a VM (VMWare, Virtual PC) for the time being and installing the tools on the VM session. Granted, it's a bit easier just to terminal into a server and administer it from there. Bob "sc0rpi0n" <sc0rpi0n@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in message news:2EA037DB-77C4-49E3-A0DD...

SBS 2003 R2 and Windows 7
I know there were issues with Vista Business Is there anything special required to connect Windows 7 Pro to SBS 2003? Any gotchas ? Should be the same as Vista... Installing Windows 7 in a SBS 2003 Environment http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2009/05/14/installing-windows-7-in-a-sbs-2003-environment.aspx -- Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] ============================ "sam" <sam@msforums.com> wrote in message news:eOv4le5ZKHA.5852@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I know there were issues with Vista Business > > Is there anything special required to ...

Slight change now macro error
Active Cell being A1, Date D15, Payment Received E15 , H14 Value which is subtracted by its value to get Zero in H15 But I am getting a error now on the last line! Sub PayRecieved() With ActiveCell ..Offset(14, 3) = (Date) ..Offset(14, 4).Value = "PAYMENT RECIEVED" ..Offset(14, 7).Formula = "=-" & ActiveCell.Offset(13, 6) End With End Sub This was the original but wanted to change the active cell to A1 instead of D15 Sub PayRecieved() With ActiveCell ..Value = (Date) ..Offset(0, 1).Value = "PAYMENT RECIEVED" ..Offset(0, 4).Formula = "=-" & Act...

Unknown error message
What does this mean please and how do I fix it? An unknown error has occurred. Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C0148 Protocol: SMTP Port: 0 Secure(SSL): No When does it occur ? Is your account really using Port 0 for smtp ? -- ....winston ms-mvp mail "whatlink" wrote in message news:F6BDF51C-3C13-47BF-9051-C7DEB9E3DA77@microsoft.com... What does this mean please and how do I fix it? An unknown error has occurred. Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800C0148 Protocol: SMTP Port: 0 Secure(SSL): No That symptom is usually caused by interference from ...

Runtime Error #19
When I try to start outlook it comes up with runtime error in visual c + + library error. I have tried to uninstall and reinstall. Same problem. Can somebody perhaps help. The os is XP home. ...

Batch Recovery error...missing script message?
A user is posting a batch to the RM series (she does this all the time so this is nothing new). Receives a "posting interrupted" message on the master posting screen. We went to batch recovery and marked it and did a continue, but it still did not post. It returns the message: Script 'RM_Post_Validate_GL_Dist_DocType_0_Ex' not found. I checked the SY00500 table for the company and the entry is there. It looks "normal" as far as I can tell. There is no batch entry for it in the Dynamics SY00800 table. I don't know if that's an issue or not. I t...

Check out the internet update for Windows
--inezqvjpmkhnbiprh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="svmwdypqsmo"; type="multipart/alternative" --svmwdypqsmo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="wrdjrfadlwqwsclrk" --wrdjrfadlwqwsclrk Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now ...

Error Message #22
Every time I enter any information in a cell I get this message: "The macros in this project are disabled..." How do I fix it - I don't understand the instructions. Thank you. Hi Fernanda basically it seems that the workbook contains some VBA code (macros) which has been writen to run when you enter information into a cell, as the macros have been disabled (default setting in Excel) then they can't run as the author of the workbook designed them to. IF you know who created the workbook and you are sure that the macro code in it is something you want to run then if you...