Windows Server 2008 Remote Application

Planning on running GP 10.0 on a Windows 2008 server as a Remote Application
(not the full RDP client).  Testing is going well, with the expection of
Default Printer Selection.  Dynamics is not successfully selecting the
client's redirected Default Printer.  This behavior seems fairly random and
other applications that have been published as Remote Applications do not
have an issue with printer selection.

The goal is that Dynamics GP uses the client's re-directed (via TS
EasyPrint) default printer.

Clients are running XP SP 3.0, .Net 3.5, and RDP 6.1.

Anyone experiencing similar issues?  Thanks!

0
Bryan1 (123)

Popup Window blocked
I have a user who although both her IE6.0 Pop-blocker and the Google pop-up blocker are switched off still receives a error when she trys to create a task against a contact or print a list of contacts. She can print a single contact but not a list. Our crm web-site is in the list of Trusted sites, and I've added to the list of accepted pop-up sites (even though this is normally disabled). Does anyone have any idea what else I can? Thanks Well what was the error? IE 6.0's pop up blocker? Does that mean its running XP SP2? If so, both the client and server needs the SP2-CR...

POPUP Window Not On Top
Is there anyway to have a form be presented in a pop-up and centralized style, in other words, not maximized, but not to remain on TOP of others when lost focus, instead of being minimized? -- Thanx & Best Regards, Faraz! "Faraz A. Qureshi" <FarazAQureshi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5AA51E64-EC97-4973-8DF4-C6CC217261E2@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway to have a form be presented in a pop-up and centralized > style, in other words, not maximized, but not to remain on TOP of others > when > lost focus, instead of being m...

increase server timeout via script or GPO
hi All Is there any simple way to increase the Microsoft Outlook 2003 server time out from default 1 minute to 10 minute either thru GPO or script? Thanks ...

internet explorer 8, window visa
i put 8 on my computer,lot site would not repond,could not close them out.....dont like 8. i wont install again, on my computer. dont like w visa........................going to buy window 7...............................hope it work better ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "...

Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file...
My buddy sent me a little file, 1.25mb, and I cannot open it. He can but I cannot. I get "Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the approiate permissions to access the item". XP Pro. Retail version. Have disk. This is my home computer. No administrator rights needed. No password needed. I'm the only one in the house. Computer in my name. No other users. What's up. Joe T. wrote: > My buddy sent me a little file, 1.25mb, and I cannot open it. He > can but I cannot. I get "Windows cannot access the specified > de...

API call in Windows that can retrieve the size of a folder ??
API call in Windows that can retrieve the size of a folder ?? Folks, Does anyone know of a system call (where you give the name of a directory) and it retrieves the combined size of all the files in the folder (doesn't have to be recursive), or a similiar call for a file????? Any suggestions would be appreciated Regards You might probably be able to use the ZwQueryInformationFile() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "Peter McCarthy" <petergmccarthy@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:Rx7qb.4388$bD.16747@news.indigo.ie... &...

Can I import a windows explorer list of files into an Excel sprea.
I was wondering if it is possible to import the list of files within a particular folder that one sees when using Windows Explorer, into an Excel spreadsheet? I am using WinXP and Office2003. modify to suit Sub GetFileList() Dim iCtr As Integer With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = "c:\aa" .SearchSubFolders = True .Filename = ".xls" If .Execute > 0 Then For iCtr = 1 To .FoundFiles.Count Cells(iCtr, 1).Value = .FoundFiles(iCtr) Next iCtr End If End With End Sub -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281....

Windows 7 64 bit and shortcuts problem
Sometimes when I install a program, I try to make a desktop shortcut, but it wont appear on the desktop. I try to create one myself, but when I drag it to the desktop it seems to go into never, never land. What could cause this? Tony Tony, Please describe exactly what happens when you drag the exe file to the desktop so that we can think of a creative answer. I assume you are "right" dragging the exe to the desktop and choosing "create shortcut", right? What happens then? :) Carlos "Anthony Lisanti" wrote: > > > Some...

chart "sized with window" in office 2007
Hey for every chart i ever created I set the sized with window option. Hate have pointless grey borders above and below my chart... think this is real popular. Where has this feature gone in the dreaded Ribbon?????? HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE HELP PLESE You can't set a chart in 2007 to be sized with window. It has been removed from Excel. Yeah, I m...

Move Mailbox with source Server Offline
I have moved one of my E5.5 servers from Production into a Test lab to test E5.5 to E2K3 migration scenarios. I imported a full GAL export from Production just to make sure that all Users, Custom Recipients, and Distribution Lists came over OK. Now, however, I have Mailboxes that think they are on servers that don't exist in the lab! I need to find a way (import, vbscript, etc.) that can tell the mailbox that it's Home server is the lab server; even though the Home server it's currently set to doesn't exist in this network. Any ideas? -Rick Adams SORRY! PLEASE D...

CRM 3.0 server not available
Hi, I have got a question about CRM 3.0. We had installed CRM 3.0, but when I open Outlook (2003) he give following message: - The server is not available and try to restart Outlook again. I tried it, but the same error appears. What can I do to resolve the problem ? It seems that CRM does not connect with outlook. I reconnected the services, restarting the server...nothing. Who can help me? greetzz Rene reneotter@hotmail.com Rene; When you installed the CRM for Outlook, it asked you for the URL of your CRM server. On that same computer, can you open Internet Explorer and enter t...

Internet
-- Internet - Take Advantage of Multiple Windows When Surfing SUMMARY: Stop jumping back and forth between index pages by using several browser windows. Why use one web browser window when you can have multiple? If you have an adequate amount of memory, open up several web browsers to maximize your surfing experience. One great way to do this is via a start page. Select a page from where you would like to begin browsing, such as a table of contents or links page. Now, instead of left-clicking on links or entries to view other pages, right-click the links. From the pop-up menu that a...

Automatically restart HQ Server
As mentioned in an earlier post by a colleague, we're having problems where HQ server constantly craps out with a Run-time Error: 3002. We reindexed the main DB and the remote store DBs as well to no avail. Is there a way to restart the app everytime it fails? Like it checks every minute to see if it's up and running or not? Is there a downside to making the app run as a service? Thanks The downside to running as a service: 1) The HQ Server program no longer checks the Dongle to renew the license activation - that is done by HQ Manager. If manager is not opened on the s...

Backup Exchange Server #3
Hi, I am new to Exchange administration. So please be gentle in reply... Here is the Question: My company currently has 1 exchange server. Recently it went down and we did not have emails for almost 3 days before I could figure out a way to get the database back (considering that there was no backup as it was failing). Now it is all working perfectly well. My boss now wants me to put in a secondary exchange server so that incase the first one fails it should automatically switch over to the second one and there should be no down time. My company is based on revenue from orders coming t...

Sql Server Indexing With Two or More Columns
I got a question with indexing. If I create an index and select 2 or more columns, what is the difference with that and creating 2 (or more separate ) indexes for them? Thanks mark It depends on what you are doing If you have WHERE Last=@p1 AND First=@p2 there no need to have two indexes , however having WHERE First=@p2 the first index on Last,First may or may not be useful, so in that case having two NCI may be a good idea I mean you need testing it, and make a decision.Also there is no need to create NCI on every column, it is especially true in SQL Server 2005 and onwards w...

Sales order processing item inquiry windows
Hi, Since I have updated to version 10 (from version 9.0) the document are not showing in any specific order. In version 9 they were sorted by document date. For example if you choose "By item number" then include only invoice and then choose history. You will see that the document are not sorted at all. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks Andre, Everything scrolling window has a sort order - just maybe not what you expect. But you can always see it by turning on your dexsql.log and seeing the query generated. In this case with your same options marked, i get: SELECT TOP...

two exchange servers, one calendar view?
Is there any way to combine the information from two different Exchange calendars(from 2 different servers) into one view? Are there any add ons that can accomplish this? We have some employees that are working with another company on a long term project, and the two scedules are conflicting. I told her to just use one as a primary inbox that people must realize is your default for scheduling appointments, but she I'm sure some will slip through the carcks and create larger headaches down the road. On Tue, 6 Sep 2005 09:11:05 -0700, Dan <Dan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

Error on server 2003 with EasyPDF
I am getting a random error that stops the pdf program on our server. Has anyone else had this issue? Run-time error ‘91’ object variable or With block variable not set ...

DST
I am trying to run MSexTMZCFG.exe and getting the following error "Unable to retrieve the server distinguished name. Unknown error (0x80005000). I used ADSIEdit to copy the server domain name. Any ideas? Which version? The most recent version will take just the netbios name. "Tina" <tina@nospam.postalias> wrote in message news:2DBD2EF5-4527-4E49-BEAD-7979B5F9C5BC@microsoft.com... >I am trying to run MSexTMZCFG.exe and getting the following error "Unable >to > retrieve the server distinguished name. Unknown error (0x80005000). I used > ADSIEdit to co...

Please help! MS Exchange Server is sending personal info!
I have all my personal banking, credit card numbers, passwords, drivers license #, ect, on in my contacts. And some sensitive info in notes. My company just changed to an inhouse server and is using ms exchange and it copied my contacts folder to the server, which can certainly be viewed by anybody in the office. And I run the risk of all this going everywhere. I went on the internet site and deleted everything I could, but now I can never go into outlook while being connected to the internet. Please help! What is the best solution? Thanks, Wendy Mark your contact properties in the permissi...

Open Subform in a New Window using a command button
I have a form with a subform which does exactly what I need. However, I want to someway change the subform to a command button so when you click the command button, it will open the subform using the same filter. My form is frmPatent and the subform is sfRelated. The Link Child Field is RelatedMtr and the Link Master Fields is Matter. Can anyone assist me. Thanks! LDMueller Place a button on the form and try this in VBA: docmd.openform "subformname", acnormal,,"RelatedMtr= '" & me.matter & "'" replace the subformname with your own subfo...

Store Ops & HQ on the same server
Can I run Store Operations and Headquarters Server on the same server? I was testing this on a standalone PC and the HQ Client gave me an error message: HQ Server & HQ Client cannot have the same network address (or something like that). Since the test system is standalone, I was unable to use an IP address for the Address on the HQ server tab. I suspect (and hope) that with a networked system this will not be an issue. This is fairly critical to me, since I have not budgeted for a second server for my primary (HQ) store. Thanks, Tom -- The worst words in business: "We...

Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project
Looking for Visual C++ programmer with MS SQL Server 2005 to work off-site on small project. Please send me an email to: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net Lawrence M. Seldin, CMC, CPC Contributing writer for FUTURES Magazine Author of RECRUITSOURCE PEOPLESOFT EXAM and RECRUITSOURCE SAP/R3 EXAM Author of POWER TIPS FOR THE APPLE NEWTON and INTRODUCTION TO CSP NOTE: To send me an email, remove TAKEOUT from my email address: larryTAKEOUT@seldin.net NOTE: My web home page: www.seldin.net ...

windows xp
i have installed windows xp on my computer during activation it told me my key product is no good so i called the number they are telling me the product key is good and i was to contact anyone here to help me resolve my issue please help me activate my windows thank you Hi Melinda Welcome to the Microsoft Dynamics GP Community. When you caalled in your code you should have been walked through the registration process by the automated system. If this did not happen and you call back and still have no luck may be try teh windows xp community for help. Fliehigh "Melinda" wrote...

New Exchange server #3
Hi, I have bought a new server on which to run Exchange 2000. I have 2 x 36GB SAS SCSI and 4 x 146GB SAS SCSI. Following advice form this newsgroup I will configure 3 sets of RAID 1. O/S and Pagefile on 36GB RAID 1 Logs on 146GB RAID 1 Databases on 146GB RAID 1 This server will also have our Intranet which is not heavily used. Which drive should I put that on? Any comments would be appreciated. With our existing Exchange server setup we also have a POP3 Mail server in our DMZ. I want to do away with that server and let Exchange handle all the Mail traffic. Can someone point me to some...