Windows 7 Clients

Using MS Dynamics GP Standard 10.00.1301

Considering upgrading from Vista Ulimate 64 to Windows 7 Ulimate 64.

Any know issues I should know?
0
scuba (23)

Take a look at my articles:

"The Technology Corner: Windows 7 and Microsoft Dynamics GP 10" at
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/09/technology-corner-windows-7-and.html

"The Technology Corner: Windows 7 and Microsoft Dynamics GP 10 Update" at
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/09/technology-corner-windows-7-and_20.html

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"scuba" wrote:

> Using MS Dynamics GP Standard 10.00.1301
>
> Considering upgrading from Vista Ulimate 64 to Windows 7 Ulimate 64.
>
> Any know issues I should know?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

how to get top most *visible* window?
Hi, How can I get top most window in Z order on the system which is visible only ? My application shows a top most window. Here is my code to get top most window where I used GetWindow function to get top most window relative to my window hMyTopMostWindow. HWND hSystemTopMostWindow = GetWindow(hMyTopMostWindow, GW_HWNDFIRST); while (!IsWindowVisible(hSystemTopMostWindow)) { hSystemTopMostWindow = GetWindow(hSystemTopMostWindow, GW_HWNDNEXT); } Using above code serves my purpose but not feasible to use it when I am using it in iterative calls. Is thers any window function that does same thi...

Cannot resolve recipients on some clients
Hi everyone, I need someone to point me to the right direction with this one. Over the last couple of weeks I have noticed that users cannot resolve the recipients name by doing Ctrl+K or check name using the username. If they navigate to the GAL the name is there. What stops the names from resolving? Many thanks, Koumin Koumin Balumin wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I need someone to point me to the right direction with this one. Over > the last couple of weeks I have noticed that users cannot resolve the > recipients name by doing Ctrl+K or check name using the username. If &...

CRM 4 web client deployment
In CRM 4, assuming I set up access correctly, is it accurate to say that I can set up a CRM installation in, say, Orlando, and have salespeople access the CRM system on a public computer in an internet cafe in San Francisco? In addition, after we properly implement the CRM 4 server, the salesforce all over the country could access CRM from their own laptops through the internet without ever having to visit the office or VPN in? Thanks in advance. I've searched the literature and I can't seem to find an EXPLICIT answer to this question. On Mar 28, 5:34=A0pm, Dijohnston <Dijo...

Programmatically accessing the Windows registry
Is there an MFC class to do this? There is no MFC registry class however there is an ATL class named CRegKey. Otherwise you should be able to find various implementation of registry classes at www.codeguru.com or www.codeproject.com. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [VC++ MVP] ----------------------------------- "slip" <slip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E4F86F9C-CD4A-4C5A-AF56-896FD1D783AE@microsoft.com... > Is there an MFC class to do this? yes, class CRegKey Header: atlbase.h "slip" wrote: > Is there an MFC class to do this? I have on...

cannot connect to CRM using web client
Hello... I have the following problem. I set up CRM 3.0 on a Virtual PC Server inside a windows 2003 server. Inside the VPC the crm server behaves correctly, I can open Internet explorer and connect normally. Now, when connecting from the host server or from another computer in another network, I cannot connect to CRM. Is not that I'm having network problems, because when IE tries to connect to CRM Website, it asks for a user and password. In a normal case the user will be crmdomain\user. the user is created in Active Directory and CRM within the VPC. Apparently the VPC IIS i...

Open Link in NEW WINDOW!
There has to be some way to setup Outlook to open all web links in a BRAND NEW BROWSER WINDOW, rather than opening the link in a window I already have open and am using for something else. Does anyone know how to do this? ...

Refreshing a window (simulating F5)
Hello! I'm developing some shell estensions, but I'm rather new to them, as well as Windows programming. In particular, I've developed a context menu shell extension and an overlay icon one (in one COM component). After dealing with the selection of an item in my context menu I need to update the current window (and maybe all the open ones in the future), in order to run the overlay extension's IsMemberOf method and be able to display a different icon than before. That is, as if the user pressed F5! I've looked in the documentation and found that UpdateWindow should do, b...

HELP ! Windows Server 2003 SP2 boots indefinitely
Hello, Since the last Microsoft Update (last week) two of my servers Windows server 2003 SP2, where the update was accepted, boot and reboot indefinitely. The other servers Win 2003 which didn't accept the update are running fine. How can I get rid of this last update ? Or can we correct this awful bug? I need your help ! Thanks You can uninstall it from the recovery console. From the recovery console command line navigate to; %SystemRoot%\$NtUninstallKBxxxxxx$\spuninst where xxxxxx is the KB article number you want to uninstall. and execute BATCH spuninst.t...

MSN & Windows Messenger in Outlook 2003
Hi, Can someone tell me why, even though I've uninstalled Windows Messenger, it always starts up when I open Outlook 2003, even though I've got MSN Messenger installed? I can see under the Tools, Options, Other tab the option under Person Names, but is it not clever enough to know I'd rather use MSN Messenger? I suppose I could turn this option off (I'm not sure of the benefits, anyway!) It's not serious, just a bit irritating. TIA, Pete ...

How to undock toolbar in window?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Hi, <br><br>I was trying to move the different toolbars around and clicked on &quot;Dock toolbar in Window&quot; now the toolbar is floating but I want to bring it back the way it was. How do I change that? I tried snapping it back to place but it just floats over the toolbar in word. Please help. <br><br>Thanks. Control/Right-Click the bar & select 'Dock in Window'. Alternatively you can go into the Customize Menus & Toolbars dialog & tick the checkbox in the Dock c...

How do I change the size of the automatic window outlook
Can I change the size of the initial window that outlook opens up into? I do not like it when it takes up the whole screen. "bhanley" <bhanley@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E723FC0E-546B-4400-A689-0B1289EB0DEB@microsoft.com... > Can I change the size of the initial window that outlook opens up into? I > do > not like it when it takes up the whole screen. Make sure the shortcut you're using to start Outlook isn't specifying that Outlook should open maximized. If it's not, then size it the size you want by dragging the...

AutoArchive #7
How can I default everyones autoarchive to somthing else besides c:\documents and settings? I have users that are using the default path to archive PST files? Is there a reg hack or tool that can redirect them? ...

programatically Assign username/password to a windows service
Hi I have a service installed on the system. I need to change the username/password with which it runs. Can someone please guide me how to accomplish so in VC++. Please note that the service is already installed on the system, and I dont have its code, so I can't modify its code to assign username/password at service install time. One more thing, does it make any difference if the service is a dotnet service and my code is in C++. Regards Usman This information is kept in the Registry. Look at the SCM APIs, such as ChangeServiceConfig, and work from there. Note that to do thi...

Changing hourly increment in Plan A Meeting/Meeting Request window??
I have a user who, when she goes to Plan a Meeting/Meeting Request window, she sees 3 hour increments (on the timeline to the right of each selected attendee). INcrement go... 12 o'clock (space)3 o'clock(space) 6 o'clock, etc. I cannot recreate it. Changing the normal calendar view does not affect it. I have combed thru every menu and submenu with no luck. any ideas? ...

windows 7 upgrade error 0x80070570
Whilst trying to install the windows 7 upgrade from windows vista I get the following error message about half way through! 0x80070570! I have tried several times and each with the same result! The compatibility passes each time and all updates appear to be there! Please help Ryan wrote: > Whilst trying to install the windows 7 upgrade from windows vista I > get the following error message about half way through! 0x80070570! > > I have tried several times and each with the same result! > > The compatibility passes each time and all updates appear to be >...

Importing Outlook Email into Windows Live Mail
I recently upgraded from XP Pro to Win 7. In XP Pro, I was using Outlook 2003 but upgraded to Outlook 2007 as my email program of choice for Win 7. I would like to try Windows Live Mail (WLM), since Outlook Express is now dead, and I don't have a newsreader program anymore. My problem is, I cannot find out how to import my saved email and contact database into WLM. When I made the switch from XP to Win 7 & Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007, Outlook 2007 automatically inported everything for me, so the transition was smoth. Has anyone made this transition from either Outook...

Outlook Reminder #7
I cannot delete old calendar event reminders. help. I am using Outlook 2007. They keep poping up. Restart Outlook with the /Cleanreminders switch. http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2161/outlook_2007_clean_up_command_line_switches/ -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com Author - The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/5m3f5q "Michael" <mjkiwak1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:92D484F1-F201-4F78-9EA6-0EFB26F93633@microsoft.com: > I cannot delete old calendar eve...

Money 2004 crash on Windows 2003 and XP
Hi, So I got money 2004 installed ok, yet whenever I tried to start it, it crashes. I do find that if I open an existing file, thus bypassing the initial account setting up phase, everything's working. Any suggestions? Well, both of my 2003 and xp showed the same, yet it works on a fresh installed xp in vmware. ...

550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for someone@internal.com
L.s. I've got one e-mail domain and a local domain: e.g. internal.com and internal.local Ofcourse these domains are stated in the recipient policy, but messages sent to the internal.com domain are rejected with "550 5.7.1 Unable to relay for someone@internal.com". I just can't seem to put my finger on it..... Anyone out there who is able to help me? Why are you doing that? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Dennis Schoone" <Dennis Schoone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FAA6632...

Open .xls file from Explore window
I have a new problem with Excel, which appeared suddenly. I can launch Excel from the Start menu, and open any .xls workbook. But I cannot simply double-click a .xls file from Explore, as it launches Excel ok, but fails to open the file, and just hangs there until I close the window or end the process. This method of opening spreadsheets worked fine until a few days ago. Now this is driving me nuts! I even reinstalled Office 2000 hoping it would fix things, but to no avail. Nothing I can do to the filetypes (in folder options) seem to help either. Help! I could use some pointers! Many th...

Pivot Chart #7
In Pivotchart, Everytime I press the refresh button,How can I keep the same chart type I like? (but not a default chart). Thanks. XL retains only certain aspects of a customized PivotChart. One option would be to create a macro that does the customization you want. The other is to create a normal chart from the data in a PT. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <418a01c4a015$75c998c0$a301280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... > In Pivotchart, Every...

Users can't use CRM via their outlook clients at branch office in
Hi. Our users cannot use CRM via their outlook clients at our branch office within the VPN networks while they can access the CRM well through the web. We have CRM 3.0 and we are using the Beat firewall which was provided by Fuji Xerox. The CRM outlook client works great when they are in the headquarters and even at home and internet café. But when they try at the branch office, they get the error message of “There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft CRM server. The server might be unavailable.” Please could you help me to resolve this problem? Thanks in advance. Ha...

Internet Explorer
HI, My Media player plugin has stopped working. Recently I downloaded TVUPLayer plugin and VEOH player. How to correct this issue? THanks Hi VG, Windows Version? Basically you have to reset your default 'Player' application for media files. The instructions differ depending upon which Windows version your have... XP, Vista, Windows 7. Please always quote your Windows version, Service pack level, IE version and any error messages you receive (in full detail)... "Media player plugin has stopped working" does not tell us anything... Go to the Win...

Outlook client via Internet with dynamic IP
I am attempting to connect to an exchange server from the internet. The Exchange server is on a connection with dynamic IP. I already have a dynamic DNS name resolution, but outlook requires a netbios name, and not a DNS name. Any solution? Thank you in advance Cesare ...

Windows Live Mail instal problem
I have Windows 7 Home Premium with all updates I uninstalled Windows Live Mail a while ago and now I want to try it again. When I run the installation program it tells me:- You already have this program and it will not instal. The program no longer appears in the the list of programs that can be uninstalled in "Programs and Features". Nor does it appear in c:\Program Files or anywhere else on the HD The only suggestion I could find when I Googled was to remove all the ..msi files from C:\windows\installer which I did (put them on a USB drive so I could put ...