Windows 7 and Dynamics GP 10 SP1

We are on Dynamics GP 10.0 SP1.  We have many users that want to upgrade to 
Windows 7, but we are not ready to upgrade Dynamics.  Does anyone know of a 
way to install Dynamics GP 10 SP1 on a Windows 7 machine?  I was told there 
is a Feature Pack 1 that will allow the install, but it appears to me that 
you have to have SP4 installed before you can install the feature pack.

Thanks
0
Utf
3/10/2010 10:54:01 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

4 Replies
2436 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 16

GP has a DVD image available that you can install. They had many problems 
with the .net 2.0 sp1 so that GP could not be installed (easily) on any 
machine that had .net 2.0 sp1. They created a new installation image that was 
GP sp2 including feature pack 1. There is also an installation image for GP 
10 sp4. The installation images are .msi files while the service packs are 
..msp files. The service packs are cumulative so that if you get the new image 
you should be good to go.

You can download the image from CustomerSource/PartnerSource. Each of your 
workstations should be running the same build of Dynamics, however. My 
recommendation would be to download the new image and upgrade each of your 
workstations so they are running the same build of Dynamics GP.

The current build is 1411, there was a hot fix released after SP 4. I think 
the SP4 DVD image is build 1368.

Kind regards,
Leslie

"inin" wrote:

> We are on Dynamics GP 10.0 SP1.  We have many users that want to upgrade to 
> Windows 7, but we are not ready to upgrade Dynamics.  Does anyone know of a 
> way to install Dynamics GP 10 SP1 on a Windows 7 machine?  I was told there 
> is a Feature Pack 1 that will allow the install, but it appears to me that 
> you have to have SP4 installed before you can install the feature pack.
> 
> Thanks
0
Utf
3/11/2010 12:28:01 AM
Thanks so much for your response.  I have downloaded the service pack and 
found feature pack 1.  

I have one more question.  Does this feature pack change the program in any 
way that could make integrations fail?  I thought this feature pack only 
changed the way Dynamics installs, but since you recommended I run this on 
all workstations I am not sure now.  We have many other programs that 
integrate with Dynamics that have to be tested before we can put a program 
update into production, which is why we have not upgraded to SP4.  

Thanks again!   

"Leslie Vail" wrote:

> GP has a DVD image available that you can install. They had many problems 
> with the .net 2.0 sp1 so that GP could not be installed (easily) on any 
> machine that had .net 2.0 sp1. They created a new installation image that was 
> GP sp2 including feature pack 1. There is also an installation image for GP 
> 10 sp4. The installation images are .msi files while the service packs are 
> .msp files. The service packs are cumulative so that if you get the new image 
> you should be good to go.
> 
> You can download the image from CustomerSource/PartnerSource. Each of your 
> workstations should be running the same build of Dynamics, however. My 
> recommendation would be to download the new image and upgrade each of your 
> workstations so they are running the same build of Dynamics GP.
> 
> The current build is 1411, there was a hot fix released after SP 4. I think 
> the SP4 DVD image is build 1368.
> 
> Kind regards,
> Leslie
> 
> "inin" wrote:
> 
> > We are on Dynamics GP 10.0 SP1.  We have many users that want to upgrade to 
> > Windows 7, but we are not ready to upgrade Dynamics.  Does anyone know of a 
> > way to install Dynamics GP 10 SP1 on a Windows 7 machine?  I was told there 
> > is a Feature Pack 1 that will allow the install, but it appears to me that 
> > you have to have SP4 installed before you can install the feature pack.
> > 
> > Thanks
0
Utf
3/11/2010 7:12:10 PM
Integrations can be complicated. Depending on what you are using to 
integrate, I'd check with the vendor to make sure they do not have any 
issues. I haven't had any problems with any of my client integrations, but 
your site is unique to you :).

To get this wkstn up on SP 1 you will need to make a couple of changes. The 
problem with SP 1 was that you needed to install GP from the CD before you 
could apply SP 1. If your workstation has .Net 2.0 sp1 installed, the GP 
install will fail. I've had success with uninstalling .net and then going 
through the installation and patch to SP1.

If you cannot uninstall .net (you can re-install it after you get GP on the 
wkstn) there is a work around, it's command line but it _does_ work. There is 
a KB article on point. I understand your needing IT clearance before changing 
the workstation build, I have several clients that have a more formalized 
approval process.

Is the new workstation 64-bit or 32-bit? What is the build number of GP on 
your other workstations? You can get the build number from the Help>>About 
screen.

Kind regards,

Leslie

"inin" wrote:

> Thanks so much for your response.  I have downloaded the service pack and 
> found feature pack 1.  
> 
> I have one more question.  Does this feature pack change the program in any 
> way that could make integrations fail?  I thought this feature pack only 
> changed the way Dynamics installs, but since you recommended I run this on 
> all workstations I am not sure now.  We have many other programs that 
> integrate with Dynamics that have to be tested before we can put a program 
> update into production, which is why we have not upgraded to SP4.  
> 
> Thanks again!   
> 
> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
> 
> > GP has a DVD image available that you can install. They had many problems 
> > with the .net 2.0 sp1 so that GP could not be installed (easily) on any 
> > machine that had .net 2.0 sp1. They created a new installation image that was 
> > GP sp2 including feature pack 1. There is also an installation image for GP 
> > 10 sp4. The installation images are .msi files while the service packs are 
> > .msp files. The service packs are cumulative so that if you get the new image 
> > you should be good to go.
> > 
> > You can download the image from CustomerSource/PartnerSource. Each of your 
> > workstations should be running the same build of Dynamics, however. My 
> > recommendation would be to download the new image and upgrade each of your 
> > workstations so they are running the same build of Dynamics GP.
> > 
> > The current build is 1411, there was a hot fix released after SP 4. I think 
> > the SP4 DVD image is build 1368.
> > 
> > Kind regards,
> > Leslie
> > 
> > "inin" wrote:
> > 
> > > We are on Dynamics GP 10.0 SP1.  We have many users that want to upgrade to 
> > > Windows 7, but we are not ready to upgrade Dynamics.  Does anyone know of a 
> > > way to install Dynamics GP 10 SP1 on a Windows 7 machine?  I was told there 
> > > is a Feature Pack 1 that will allow the install, but it appears to me that 
> > > you have to have SP4 installed before you can install the feature pack.
> > > 
> > > Thanks
0
Utf
3/12/2010 2:20:01 AM
I'm agree with Leslie.
Additional information that lately I need to install GP10 with SP3 to some 
salespersons in the office because they've upgraded to Win7.

Some steps that I've to change are: UAC settings and un-install for .NET 
greater than 2 (.NET 2 SP1 and so on).
And GP10 will installed successfully on it.


Hope it help.

"inin" wrote:

> Thanks so much for your response.  I have downloaded the service pack and 
> found feature pack 1.  
> 
> I have one more question.  Does this feature pack change the program in any 
> way that could make integrations fail?  I thought this feature pack only 
> changed the way Dynamics installs, but since you recommended I run this on 
> all workstations I am not sure now.  We have many other programs that 
> integrate with Dynamics that have to be tested before we can put a program 
> update into production, which is why we have not upgraded to SP4.  
> 
> Thanks again!   
> 
> "Leslie Vail" wrote:
> 
> > GP has a DVD image available that you can install. They had many problems 
> > with the .net 2.0 sp1 so that GP could not be installed (easily) on any 
> > machine that had .net 2.0 sp1. They created a new installation image that was 
> > GP sp2 including feature pack 1. There is also an installation image for GP 
> > 10 sp4. The installation images are .msi files while the service packs are 
> > .msp files. The service packs are cumulative so that if you get the new image 
> > you should be good to go.
> > 
> > You can download the image from CustomerSource/PartnerSource. Each of your 
> > workstations should be running the same build of Dynamics, however. My 
> > recommendation would be to download the new image and upgrade each of your 
> > workstations so they are running the same build of Dynamics GP.
> > 
> > The current build is 1411, there was a hot fix released after SP 4. I think 
> > the SP4 DVD image is build 1368.
> > 
> > Kind regards,
> > Leslie
> > 
> > "inin" wrote:
> > 
> > > We are on Dynamics GP 10.0 SP1.  We have many users that want to upgrade to 
> > > Windows 7, but we are not ready to upgrade Dynamics.  Does anyone know of a 
> > > way to install Dynamics GP 10 SP1 on a Windows 7 machine?  I was told there 
> > > is a Feature Pack 1 that will allow the install, but it appears to me that 
> > > you have to have SP4 installed before you can install the feature pack.
> > > 
> > > Thanks
0
Utf
3/14/2010 5:45:01 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How to do incremental backup in Win2008 SP1
Hi there, I'm using backup via task scheduler to backup server to network storage: wbadmin start backup -backuptarget:\\Storage\BACKUP\NTBackup -allcritical -vsFull -quiet In performance settings checked - always perform incremental backup. All works well but - I can do restore only for the last date backup was done. Instead of this I want to be able do restore to any date of backup. Is this possible? Thanks in advanse, andrey. ...

How to share printer connected to Windows 7 pc with a pc using Vista ?
I have upgraded to Windows 7 and now face the problem that no one else but myself can use the printer. Before I had a home network setup and all other pc's connected via wireless network to print. How to I setup just the printer so others can use it ? Jason, Have you enabled printer sharing in Network and Sharing Center? Have you shared your printer already? Carlos "Jason" wrote: > I have upgraded to Windows 7 and now face the problem that no one else but > myself can use the printer. > > Before I had a home network setup and all other pc&...

Admin.exe hangs durning Windows 2000 server reboot
Help! We have Exchange 5.5 running in a NT domain - on a Windows 2000 server. The server is patched with all the MS patches - except the "sp4 rollup 1", When we go to restart the server - it seems to hang - there are no entries in the event log - only the visual of the " admin.exe" program failing to shutdown. We click the "end program" and it still hangs. We had stopped any non-essential services prior to the restart. Had to hit the off button to shut it down. Any thoughts or suggestions? Please advise. Thank you. Citigate Cunningham Helpdesk On Wed...

Error code 2293 using windows live email
Hi I have recently installed windows live email and have Windows 7. I have a Access 2003 database of club members. I can no longer email members by clicking on a button. The button runs the following code: Private Sub btnEMail_Click() Dim vMessage As String On Error GoTo ErrorCode vMessage = Nz(DLookup("EMailSubject", "tblPersonal")) DoCmd.SendObject acSendNoObject, , , EMail, , , vMessage, , True AddHistoryRecord MembersNo, "E-Mail Sent :- (" & vMessage & ")" 'add histo...

Convert Access 2000 to Access 97 10-02-03
I am running Access 2000 (9.0.6926 SP-3) with all updates with OS WIN2K Pro. When I convert a database to previous version (Access 97), it gives the following error when I try to open it using Access 97 SR-1: "MSACCESS caused an invalid page fault in module MSACCESS.EXE at 0167:3001fb25." I successfully converted and used databases using Access 97 when this same Office 2000 Premium suite was on an older computer using OS WIN98. Could this problem be caused by some of the recent Office or Windows 2000 updates? Anyone have any experiences with this? Thanks... ...

Folders #7
I installed MSN Office 2003 trial. All of my mail folders below my in box went away. Is there a way to restore them? Will they be restored if I unistall 2003 and return to 2000? Danny Baudoin <dannyb56@msn.com> wrote: > I installed MSN Office 2003 trial. All of my mail folders > below my in box went away. Is there a way to restore them? > Will they be restored if I unistall 2003 and return to > 2000? Depends. If you overwrote your PST with another of the same name, then you're screwed. Search your HD for files with type ".pst", making sure you choose the...

Test Mail...Please Ignore #10
Testing NNTP Client, Please ignore message Thanks ...

Can Outlook.Application be used to control open message windows?
Hi We have a VFP 8 CRM application which - amongst other things - stores links for any client to any document relating to them on our file server. When you go into a client record you can see instantly if there are any documents on file relating to them and it is straight forward to add a new file to a record if we received something via email for instance. The physical location of the file is not too important to our users as they simply double click any file they want to view and the file is executed in the shell object to open it's associated viewer. The problem I am currently trying...

Access 97 installation error in Windows Vista
Dear all, On completion of the installation, a message box entitled "Workgroup Administrator" appears with the message: "An error has occurred at changing workgroup database" On clicking the OK button, another message box with the same title appears: "Setup couldn't create a system.mdw file. After setup is complete, reboot your computer then run the workgroup administrator before you run this application (-1011)." Please help. Thx. Chlaris Chlaris wrote: > Dear all, > > On completion of the installation, a message box entitled "Workgroup...

release date for GP 9.0, spanish version.
Someone knows what is the date to release GP 9.0, spanish version? Thanks. -- Evelin. Hi Evelin, can I contact you about the Spanish version. We are starting to do some research. Thanks "Ana Evelin Rosa" wrote: > Someone knows what is the date to release GP 9.0, spanish version? > > Thanks. > > -- > Evelin. Sure... this is my email address: anar@segacorp.com Bye. -- Evelin. "Zach Morgan" wrote: > Hi Evelin, can I contact you about the Spanish version. We are starting to > do some research. > > Thanks > > "Ana Ev...

CFileDialog changes in MFC 7.0
hi, i just moved to work with .NET MFC 7.0. when opening a CFileDialog object , i get a very different look of this dialog. i use .NET 2003 and i want to get the old style of the CFileDialog. can someone help ? thanks ...

Dynamics GP Service Packs
-- Thanks Titan ...

Importing messages from OE to WLM 07-09-10
I have read and followed the instructions and suggestions for importing OE messages to WML, but when I attempt import I get the following message: >>>No messages can be found in this folder or another application is running that has the required files open. Please select another folder or try closing applications that may have the files open.<<< I have insured thaty files are not read only and that folders.dbx is contained in the folder. Advice please. Which instructions did you follow? Transferring data from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail: For Messages:...

Excel problem with dynamic matrix with a name
I do have a strange problem with Excel. For a long time I used the "dynamic matrix" but now, Excel shuts down with an error. I tried it on 4 computers, all with Excel 2003. I use this method for searching and dropdownmenus. It works as following: (sorry, I don't know exact the English formulas): - Put some data in the range B6:B12 (f.a. Apple Chair Glass Book Television Key Kitchen) - In cell C4 type: Sheet1!B4 - In cell C5 type: =text.together("Sheet1!B";numberarg(B:B)) -> result will be in this situation: Sheet1!B12 - Make a name Test "=indirect(Sheet1!...

MS Word as editor in Windows Live
I am new to Windows Live. Can I use Word as my email editor? I can not find a way to do it. Nope. I believe you can use Word in Outlook, though. -- Dave N. MS-MVP (Mail) Windows 7 Ultimate http://download.live.com/wlmail "Tom65" <Tom65@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88784E02-A286-4289-A450-4C4E36F3FEDF@microsoft.com... > I am new to Windows Live. Can I use Word as my email editor? I can not > find > a way to do it. ...

GP 10.0 Upgrade Error
We are encountering the following error when running the utilities to upgrade the DATA (from version 9.0 to 10.0): "File not found: C:\Program Files\Microsoft\Dynamics\GP\SQL\0\Upgrade.dll.UPGRADE_9_0_362.DRIVER.INI" The upgrade of the application went without problem, but we can't get past this error. The DEXSQL.LOG file doesn't appear to show any errors. Thank you, in advance, for your assistance. G What version of 9 are you on? If you're not on at least GP9 SP2 you will get that error. Are you using the OEM GP 10 install CD? I believe if you...

Cannot open attachments in Windows Mail
I recently purchased a new computer with Windows Vista. I cannot open any attachments in E Mails in Windows Mail. I can save the attachments to a new folder and open them from there. I get an error message telling me that there is not a program associate with the attachment when trying to open from Windows Mail. Is there anything I can do?? It depends with what the attachment was created with as to whether you can open it. eg a .doc or xls file requires MS Office or the Office viewer "Allan" <adavids2@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:8EE16F19-2EA0-4FB...

GP Customization
i'd tried to modify form labels in the original windows of Dynamics.dic in Dexterity v8.0, i'd changed the contents of strings in Resources too, each String in resources represent a text label in a window, I'd changed few window approach using the same approach, when i tried to run GP, nothing appeared as it should be, the altered strings are not shown the way they should be, instead, GP replaced them with original ones, and the wierd thing, when i open the window in Dexterity, it shows me my work and modifications. how can I do such modifications within dexterity, thanks --...

Can view excel by two windows ?
Hi All Can view excel by two windows ? When I open two excel. in the window bar can view to icon. When switch between two excel, those are prompt to single windows. How to view two excel by two windows for compare ? Tool-> Arrange is not good. Moonhkt Not sure if I understand your problem, but maybe Tools->Options->View->Show Windows in Taskbar "moonhkt" <moonhkt@gmail.com> wrote in message news:06263621-1703-43c7-93d0-c611f48c6738@b41g2000pra.googlegroups.com... > Hi All > > Can view excel by two windows ? > When I open two excel. in the window ba...

Licence question 01-02-10
I have just purchased a licence for Office Home and Student 2007 which permits me to install the product on 3 systems. One of my daughters has a Mac. Can I use the licence to download Office for Mac (and if so, how?) or must I purchase a sepparate licence? Not that I'm aware. That's an entirely different program with a different versioning system. -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "je7rry" <je7rry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60C2B8A0-DE7B-4EC1-A6E3-9F9DC57BFD41@microsoft.com... > I have j...

GP 9.00.0114 Upgrade and Integration Manager 9.00.0029
We have recently upgraded to 9.0 and have one remaining issue. When I run the integration manager it throws an error "The destination could not be initialized due to the following problem: ActiveX component can't create object". Any help would be appreciated. What version did you upgrade from? Did you have any major issues. We are upgrading from 7.5 to 9.0 shortly. "todd" wrote: > We have recently upgraded to 9.0 and have one remaining issue. When I run > the integration manager it throws an error "The destination could not be > initialized d...

Windows Server 2008 RC2 in Windows Server 2003 Domain
I'm having trouble with one domain controller that has all of the FSMO roles (I have 6 Domain controllers in total running server 2003) I updated my schema to version 47 (Windows server 2008 RC2) and would like to add a new physical server with W2K8 R2 on it and transfer all of the FSMO roles on it. I don't want to upgrade all DC's yet to 2008 R2 yet, so the domain functional level will stay the same for a while (Windows Server 2003). Is there anything I should watch out for with this scenario? Or by just adding a W2k8 R2 box with all the FSMO roles and then decomm...

GP 9.0 on 64bit SQL issue
I see from an old article that the eConnect 9.0 runtime is not supported in the 64bit environment. Can anyone give me more info on this (was there a hotfix, is eConnect 10.0 compatible with GP 9.0)? Thanks. -- Nan eConnect 10 is only compatible with GP10. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Nan11" wrote: > I see from an old article that the eConnect 9.0 runtime is not supported in > the 64bit environment. Can anyone give me more info on this (was there a > hotfix, is eConnect 10.0 ...

formula help #7
i need to multiply 2.5 * d1 then from the sum of that * by 20% an output the product. or D1 E1 =(2.5*486.08=1215.2*0.2= 1701.28 Basically I need that, but there is nothing in e1 and d1 has 486.08 i it. I hope this kinda explains i ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com Casar, with 486.08 in D1, enter in E1, or any other cell =3DD1*2.5*120% which will multiply D1 by 2.5 and add 20%. However, the result is = 1458.24, not 1701.28 (which is 40% a...

Office 2004 SP1
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3180433858_7894198 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit OK, what exactly did SP1 fix (or supposed to fix)? -- "Thus I helped the tyrant of the gods and with this foul payment he has responded; for it is a disease that is somehow inherent in tyranny to have no faith in friends." [Prometheus, Aeschylus, Prometheus Bound 225] --B_3180433858_7894198 Content-type: text/html; charset="...