Windows 2008 compatability

We have a customer who is looking to upgrade their server to Windows 2008
from Windows 2003.  They are currently running GP 8.0.  Is Windows 2008
compatable with that version of GP?
0
Susan (148)

The question is more, is GP 8 compatible with Windows 2008 and the answer is
no. However, if you like the new brave world we live in, you can run GP 8.0
in Windows 2003 R2 compatibility mode while on Windows 2008.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Susan" wrote:

> We have a customer who is looking to upgrade their server to Windows 2008
> from Windows 2003.  They are currently running GP 8.0.  Is Windows 2008
> compatable with that version of GP?
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/28/2009 5:59:01 PM
Thanks for the confirmation Mariano.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> The question is more, is GP 8 compatible with Windows 2008 and the answer is
> no. However, if you like the new brave world we live in, you can run GP 8.0
> in Windows 2003 R2 compatibility mode while on Windows 2008.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Susan" wrote:
>
> > We have a customer who is looking to upgrade their server to Windows 2008
> > from Windows 2003.  They are currently running GP 8.0.  Is Windows 2008
> > compatable with that version of GP?
0
Susan (148)
7/28/2009 7:47:01 PM
Why would they want to use a configuration that is not supported by the
developer of the software?

It might work, but is it really worth the risk?

What happens if they need to call Microsoft's tech. support for help?

"Susan" <Susan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We have a customer who is looking to upgrade their server to Windows 2008
> from Windows 2003.  They are currently running GP 8.0.  Is Windows 2008
> compatable with that version of GP?

0
news_jamrock (304)
7/28/2009 11:23:15 PM
On Jul 28, 4:23=A0pm, "jamrock" <news_jamr...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Why would they want to use a configuration that is not supported by the
> developer of the software?
>
> It might work, but is it really worth the risk?
>
> What happens if they need to call Microsoft's tech. support for help?
>
> "Susan" <Su...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> > We have a customer who is looking to upgrade their server to Windows 20=
08
> > from Windows 2003. =A0They are currently running GP 8.0. =A0Is Windows =
2008
> > compatable with that version of GP?- Hide quoted text -

Emulated software is the reality of today.    I don't see GP upgrading
to 64 bit so that it will become the norm in GP.    The tech support
is on a Windows 2003 and the virtual part is Windows 2008.      It
shouldn't be a problem.

Jim

0
jhummer26 (50)

How the windows program update happens?
Dear All, I would like to know how the windows programs update happens? I have my project based on windows and would like to update thro' my web link automatically when i realease the new libraries. So, how i can do this. Pls help me on steps to do this and sample programs would be grt to understand. Thanks, Sweety Windows updates occur through a windows service. If (on XP) you go Control Panel/ Administrative Tools/Services you should see a service listed called "Automatic Updates". Click on this and you'll see a fuller description. This service obviously connects to a...

Pop-up windows in Excel
Hi there, I'm using Windows 2000 Professional and Excel 2000 (9.0.7616 SP-3). I only see this problem in Excel, as opposed to Word and PowerPoint, however, it may be a Windows problem, not particularly Excel. I don't know. Anyway, this is the problem. The pop-up window in Excel for Format/Cells has two rows of tabs: Borders, Pattern, Protection on one row, and Number, Alignment and Font on another row. Only one row of tabs is completely visible. The other row, you can only see the top edges of the tabs-- -enough to tell you there's another row of tabs, but you can&#...

Landed Cost / Purchase Invoice Entry Window
I am currently working with a client that imports in products from overseas. They deal with Landed Costs. Currently they have 39 Groups. One of the issues that are having issues is with the Enter/Match Invoices, which is the Purchasing Invoice Entry window. They use this window to associate the freight for the invoices from the vendors. They will not know the actual freight costs till they receive the invoice. The Freight cost vary depending on the price of fuel. Would like to know if anybody knows of a ISV / third party software that handles this process more efficiently then wi...

Get rid of the Window number in the MainWindow title bar
I would like to get rid of the window number aded after the document name in the title bar of the main window when I create more than one window for the same document in a MDI application. How can I do this? Where the window number is manage? Thanks in advance Eric Eric wrote: > I would like to get rid of the window number aded after the document > name in the title bar of the main window when I create more than one > window for the same document in a MDI application. > > How can I do this? > Where the window number is manage? > > Thanks in advance > > Eri...

Stretching Video in Windows Media Player 11
I have a computer running Windows Vista on a screen resolution of 1280x800. When I try to play videos with an aspect ratio of 4:3, on full-screen view in Windows Media Player (version 11), there are black bars on the left and right sides of the video. Is there any way to stretch the video in Windows Media Player, to fit the screen? On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:20:01 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a computer running Windows Vista on a screen resolution of 1280x800. >When I try to play videos with an aspect ratio of 4:3, on full-screen view in ...

User Account Control on Terminal Server 2008
I have a 2008R2 x64 Terminal Server and I need to allow users to run a .exe file. I keep getting the UAC warning and it wants a username and password. It is complaining about the publisher being unknown. This works for the admin account but I need it to work for normal users on this terminal server. I have raised the “Privilege Level” and changed the “Compatibility mode” and I have lowered UAC but I am not able to get by this. There was an old KB article but that was pulled so no luck there and I do not want to turn off UAC. Is a way to get this to work? "Noob&q...

Recently installed Microsoft Office 2008 and now I cannot open Excel, Powerpoint or Word
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I recently installed Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac earlier this month through a Lease program my work offers. Upon installation I was able to use Excel, Powerpoint and Word. I tried to open up some of the excel files I was using and I would get an error message. I tried opening up the other applications such as powerpoint and word and those to were affected. I am able to open entourage as well as the messenger and project gallery. I tried installing the service pack updates and restarting my computer and that did not hel...

user does not have access to the Items lookup window in Mfg
Hello: I’m ready to chalk this one up to simply a corrupt user ID and recreate it. A user who has security access to just about every window in GP 9.0 service pack 3 (including Manufacturing) does not display any inventory items in the “Items” lookup window when he clicks the magnifying glass for Item Number in either the Routings window or the Item Engineering window. He is able to lookup items in Item Maintenance and elsewhere in GP but not in Manufacturing. For the heck of it, I created a new user ID. That new ID is indeed able to see the items in this lookup window (in Manufactur...

Code 8007066F "Windows Update encoutered an unknown error
The update failed to install and I received the above error code and message. How can I fix this? Insert your Office 2007 into the appropriate drive-bay. -=- "Webrider0" wrote: > The update failed to install and I received the above error code and message. > How can I fix this? I tried with the Office CD in the drive but the same error code and message came up. "Ǝиçεl" wrote: > Insert your Office 2007 into the appropriate drive-bay. > -=- > > > "Webrider0" wrote: > > > The update failed to insta...

how to get excel to open in a new, and seperate window with each .
Am running Win XP 2003 an Office 2000 SR-1 Pro. I want to open mulitiple excel windows at once. It won't let me. It opens multiple documents/worksheets in only one excel window. How do I change this? Sonja, Tools - Options - View tab. Select "Windows in taskbar." -- Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Sonja at Work" <Sonja at Work@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BC8D465F-D0F5-44DF-98DC-19BC75976C29@microsoft.com... > Am running Win XP 2003 an Office 2000 SR-1 Pro. >...

MS Money & Windows Mobile 2003
Is there an update to MS Money for the pocket PC? I have the HP iPAQ5555 with Pocket PC 2003 (Windows Mobile) and I can't install Pocket MS Money. I get an error message stating I can only install Pocket Money on "Pocket PC 2002". It sounds like Microsoft updated the software for the Pocket PC but made it incompatible with Pocket MS Money. Is this so? Joe ...

close find window
Is there a macro command that will close a "find" window? The macro recorder does not seem to record clicking on cancel. I have created a temporary workbook for this macro. Have 2 cols, Col A having numbers from 1 to 10 and col B having alphabets A to J. I have done a simple find for the alphabet "b". Its working for me properly. Sub test() Range("B3").Select Cells.Find(What:="b", After:=ActiveCell, LookIn:=xlFormulas, LookAt:= _ xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, SearchDirection:=xlNext, MatchCase:=False _ , SearchFormat:=Fal...

Order: Maximized window on creation?
Hi, Could someone please tell me, if it is possible to have the Order window maximized as default, when a new order is created? Sure. Put the following into the OnLoad event: window.moveTo(0,0); window.resizeTo(screen.availWidth, screen.availHeight); -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup The JavaScript Snippets Directory: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/topic.aspx?id=JS13 ---------------------------------------------------------- ...

i have a good idea could be added to windows 7
I use windows operating system in programming automation,control and data acquisition systems and sometimes i face some problems. the most one is to puse some application to make some pc resources free untll resume the application back. my proposal is avalibility of Puse and resume/Continue in windows task manager. this help in many states as example some application need long time and i want to puse it and turn off pc then resume next day. also if system crach during some application running why not resume it automaticaly (configured) by itself.(in industry application). p...

System Settings Error.Window does not open.
Hello, fresh install of CRM 3.0.The user logged in has all privileges assigned.Everytime I select system settings I receive "error"contact system administrator.All other options are fine. Any ideas what may be causing this? Thanks in Advance. You may want to try whether your reporting area work well. If not, you may have configuration issues. Please check on KB http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;909588 to see if you have configuration issues. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Tex" wrote: ...

Cost of SSRS with SQL Server 2008 Standard
Anyone know how Microsoft packages (and for what price) sells SSRS for use with a single CPU SQL Server 2008 Standard db? For various reasons, I can't use the ASP.net SQL Server Express with Advanced Services (free, single CPU). But I can't find any links that tell me how SSRS is added to a Standard SQL Server. Thx. Dale SSRS is not added to SQL Server 2008 separately, it is part of it: you buy SQL Server 2008, you have SSRS, just like you buy a car, you have a passenger seat beside you: you do not need it to drive, but you do not pay extra for it. "dale" &...

Open Second Window of Same Document

Viewing window in outlook 2003
In office 2001 the set up for outlook was with the mail/folder column on the left and to the right of it the inbox or subject at the top and the messages below. Now in outlook 2003 I have 3 columns, mail on the left, inbox in the centre and message content on the right. Is it possible to re-arrange these to the layout I had in 2001? Thank you. look under the View menu. the right pane is the Reading Pane. The left is the Navigation Pane. "Stewart" <twoduncans@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:db34gd$74k$1@newsg4.svr.pol.co.uk... > In office 2001 the set up for outlook...

Windows 7
Can I create a theme myself for wallpaper? I got several images (.jpg) would use it as theme (random). Alan T wrote: > Can I create a theme myself for wallpaper? > I got several images (.jpg) would use it as theme (random). The topic of THIS newsgroup is to discuss Windows XP. I caught a glimpse of "Alan T" <alan_NO_SPAM_pltse@yahoo.com.au> on Tue, 15 Jun 2010 16:30:26 +1000, writing in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general: >Can I create a theme myself for wallpaper? >I got several images (.jpg) would use it as theme (random). Have a look h...

Window 7 Active Directory and VbsEdit
I've upgrade to Window 7 Enterprise x64 I also have Remote Server Administration Tools x64 (amd64fre_GRMRSATX_MSU.msu) installed VbsEdit is unable to find the libraries for ADODB.connection, ADODB.recordset, ADODB.Fields with both x32 and x64 versions. I'm sure these are for Active Directory access. I had been running VbsEdit (visual basic script editor) x32 on XP I think VbsEdit found them on XP because I had the Admin pack (WindowsServer2003-KB304718-AdministrationToolsPack.exe) installed. What do I need to install to make the Active Directory libraries available ...

Testando Windows Mail
Ol� testando, testando em 7/12/2009 �s 13:56 min Recebi o seu teste em 7/12/2009 �s 13:56. "Francisco Oliveira" <frat_erno@hotmail.com> escreveu na not�cia da mensagem:uOW#U81dKHA.4636@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Ol� testando, testando em 7/12/2009 �s 13:56 min > ...

windows explorer 12-15-09
every minute windows explorer stop and restart. It came just after the last update but I am unable to restart from a previous version (it said no prvious version!!!) How to do ? -- edouard16 ...

Quattro Pro 8 - Office XP
Is there a converter to allow the use (read and write) of Quattro Pro 8 files in Excel 2002 in Windows XP? I have intalled the Quattro Pro 7 converter for Excel 2000 without much success. Hi AFAIK MS does not provide such a converter. Some options: - save the file in QP 8 as Excel file - check www.dataviz.org for a commercial converter -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:18DAE8D6-377D-41E0-B7EF-78EF6D9F2A6B@microsoft.com... > Is there a converter to allow the use (read and write) of Quattro Pro 8 ...

interface with windows CE devices, not only windows XP
We are spending time looking for an application to interface with data acquisition devices (bar code) which are not Windows XP xompatible but CE compatible. Why not look into having Dynamics compatible to both?? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://...

\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM "Access is denied"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/307545 hello, i'm receiving the following "Access is denied" when i type "md tmp" to start the recovery commands. is there a way around this? i do not have an admin password setup, help... thanks! -Vic When first at the Recovery Console you are presented with a list of Windows installations. The first thing that you must do is select the Windows installation that you wish to logon to. Did you type in the number of the Windows installation (usually 1) and then press <Enter> to logon to the installation? ...