Why should I upgrade to 8.0?

If you were currently running MBS 7.5 at the moment, are there any
compelling reasons to move up to 8.0? Or would you be better off waiting it
out for their 9.0 release?

If you haven't seen reason enough, you might as well wait.
When you do decide to upgrade, you will still have to go through 8.0 as
there is noupgrade path from 7.5 to 9.
Your VAR will do both upgrades one after the other so there should be no
downtime.

HS

"ElmerT" <elmer.tagarino@gisimplement.com> wrote in message
> If you were currently running MBS 7.5 at the moment, are there any
> compelling reasons to move up to 8.0? Or would you be better off waiting
> it out for their 9.0 release?

0
HSalim (1270)
10/13/2005 3:22:15 AM
Thanks!

I'm actually trying to get comments from others that have upgraded. Was it
because of 8.0 just being the latest and greatest of the product or was
there a really good nice to have? What features were in 8.0 that weren't in
7.5 that you really needed/wanted to have?

Say for example you were running financials, what's in 8.0 that can get be
excited to migrate? Of course 8.0 does look a little prettier than 7.5
because of the Office interface. But that is hardly enough reason to get a
customer motivated to upgrade their product.

Elmer

"HSalim[MVP]" <HSalim@msn.com> wrote in message
> If you haven't seen reason enough, you might as well wait.
> When you do decide to upgrade, you will still have to go through 8.0 as
> there is noupgrade path from 7.5 to 9.
> Your VAR will do both upgrades one after the other so there should be no
> downtime.
>
> HS
>

> "ElmerT" <elmer.tagarino@gisimplement.com> wrote in message
>> If you were currently running MBS 7.5 at the moment, are there any
>> compelling reasons to move up to 8.0? Or would you be better off waiting
>> it out for their 9.0 release?

8.0 had some nice features in it.  For financial, the ability to correct or
back out a journal entry was compelling for my clients who post large
entries.  Not only do they not have to retype the entries in order to
correct them,  but also the entries are linked so you can easily see that a
JE was corrected by another.

Other features include more navigation options:  lists, custom toolbars,
etc.  The letter writing assistant seems cheesy but is actually useful and
my clients love it.

There were some more changes in SOP.  Not sure what modules you are looking
at.  You can download the What's New document and see some other changes.

"ElmerT" <elmer.tagarino@gisimplement.com> wrote in message
> If you were currently running MBS 7.5 at the moment, are there any
> compelling reasons to move up to 8.0? Or would you be better off waiting
> it out for their 9.0 release?

Off the top of my head, here are the reasons I like 8.0:

- in Bank Rec there is a new screen that will give you the balance of a
checkbook on a particular day - I use this almost daily
- in SOP you can now enter negative quantities or amounts on an invoice - I
use this once a month or so, where otherwise I would have to create
additional credit memos or returns
- customization of toolbars - things that I need every day are now on my
toolbar, although I am not quite sure this makes up for the loss of the
ability to pin down palettes
- ability to kick yourself out - not so big for us internally, but huge for
our customers that used to have to track down an IT person or the person
with the system password every time they got kicked out
- in POP you can print historical purchase orders - not a huge need, but
once in a while it comes up
- in POP, blanket POs - again, not a huge need, but nice to have the ability

None of these things are very exciting, but they are nice.  And it IS nice
to be on the latest and greatest.

If you haven't upgraded yet, it probably means none of the 8.0 features are
compelling enough - I would say wait until 9.0 - that will probably have
enough to tip the scales.

Just my 2 cents,

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

> Thanks!
>
> I'm actually trying to get comments from others that have upgraded. Was it
> because of 8.0 just being the latest and greatest of the product or was
> there a really good nice to have? What features were in 8.0 that weren't
> in 7.5 that you really needed/wanted to have?
>
> Say for example you were running financials, what's in 8.0 that can get be
> excited to migrate? Of course 8.0 does look a little prettier than 7.5
> because of the Office interface. But that is hardly enough reason to get a
> customer motivated to upgrade their product.
>
> Elmer
>

> "HSalim[MVP]" <HSalim@msn.com> wrote in message
>> If you haven't seen reason enough, you might as well wait.
>> When you do decide to upgrade, you will still have to go through 8.0 as
>> there is noupgrade path from 7.5 to 9.
>> Your VAR will do both upgrades one after the other so there should be no
>> downtime.
>>
>> HS
>>

>> "ElmerT" <elmer.tagarino@gisimplement.com> wrote in message
>>> If you were currently running MBS 7.5 at the moment, are there any
>>> compelling reasons to move up to 8.0? Or would you be better off waiting
>>> it out for their 9.0 release?

0
victoria (3340)
10/13/2005 10:29:49 AM
I have to agree with some of the other posts,

1) Ability to kick yourself out if you're stuck is great. Especially if your
working remotely at 2am
2) Journal entry correction and copying is also very nice. I find it most
helpful when some one posts with the wrong #$%^ date.
3) The new interface is actually pretty good too.  Customized toolbars are
nice step in the right direction but I miss the push pin as well. The menus
seem cleaner too.
4) For us FRx 6.7 (which we upgraded to with 8.0) is considerably more
stable than 6.5
5) Advanced Security seems to be faster in 8.0 than in 7.5

For us, 1&2 were enough of a timesave to upgrade.  The rest has just been
bonus stuff.

Mark

"ElmerT" wrote:

> If you were currently running MBS 7.5 at the moment, are there any
> compelling reasons to move up to 8.0? Or would you be better off waiting it
> out for their 9.0 release?

0
MarkPolino (12)
10/13/2005 1:23:02 PM
Salim,

I read in the customer source site that MS does have a
7.5 to 9.0 path.

"HSalim[MVP]" wrote:

> If you haven't seen reason enough, you might as well wait.
> When you do decide to upgrade, you will still have to go through 8.0 as
> there is noupgrade path from 7.5 to 9.
> Your VAR will do both upgrades one after the other so there should be no
> downtime.
>
> HS
>

> "ElmerT" <elmer.tagarino@gisimplement.com> wrote in message
> > If you were currently running MBS 7.5 at the moment, are there any
> > compelling reasons to move up to 8.0? Or would you be better off waiting
> > it out for their 9.0 release?

0
26point2er (113)
10/13/2005 1:38:02 PM
Yes!  I forgot about the Advanced Security - there is a noticeable
difference.  As for FRx - 6.7 will work with GP 7.5.  I agree with Mark, 6.7
is much more stable.

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

"Mark Polino" <MarkPolino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have to agree with some of the other posts,
>
> 1) Ability to kick yourself out if you're stuck is great. Especially if
> your
> working remotely at 2am
> 2) Journal entry correction and copying is also very nice. I find it most
> helpful when some one posts with the wrong #$%^ date.
> 3) The new interface is actually pretty good too.  Customized toolbars are
> nice step in the right direction but I miss the push pin as well. The
> menus
> seem cleaner too.
> 4) For us FRx 6.7 (which we upgraded to with 8.0) is considerably more
> stable than 6.5
> 5) Advanced Security seems to be faster in 8.0 than in 7.5
>
> For us, 1&2 were enough of a timesave to upgrade.  The rest has just been
> bonus stuff.
>
> Mark
>
> "ElmerT" wrote:
>
>> If you were currently running MBS 7.5 at the moment, are there any
>> compelling reasons to move up to 8.0? Or would you be better off waiting
>> it
>> out for their 9.0 release?

0
victoria (3340)
10/13/2005 2:13:56 PM
You'll pretty soon find that your best reason to update is that MS will most
likely stop the support on 'too old' versions.

"ElmerT" wrote:

> Thanks!
>
> I'm actually trying to get comments from others that have upgraded. Was it
> because of 8.0 just being the latest and greatest of the product or was
> there a really good nice to have? What features were in 8.0 that weren't in
> 7.5 that you really needed/wanted to have?
>
> Say for example you were running financials, what's in 8.0 that can get be
> excited to migrate? Of course 8.0 does look a little prettier than 7.5
> because of the Office interface. But that is hardly enough reason to get a
> customer motivated to upgrade their product.
>
> Elmer
>

> "HSalim[MVP]" <HSalim@msn.com> wrote in message
> > If you haven't seen reason enough, you might as well wait.
> > When you do decide to upgrade, you will still have to go through 8.0 as
> > there is noupgrade path from 7.5 to 9.
> > Your VAR will do both upgrades one after the other so there should be no
> > downtime.
> >
> > HS
> >

> > "ElmerT" <elmer.tagarino@gisimplement.com> wrote in message
> >> If you were currently running MBS 7.5 at the moment, are there any
> >> compelling reasons to move up to 8.0? Or would you be better off waiting
> >> it out for their 9.0 release?

0
BeerMan (22)
10/13/2005 3:05:05 PM
Very good point, BeerMan.  And great name too!  :-)
The last list I saw said that GP 7.5 will be supported until October 31,
2006.

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

"BeerMan" <BeerMan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You'll pretty soon find that your best reason to update is that MS will
> most
> likely stop the support on 'too old' versions.
>

> "ElmerT" wrote:
>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> I'm actually trying to get comments from others that have upgraded. Was
>> it
>> because of 8.0 just being the latest and greatest of the product or was
>> there a really good nice to have? What features were in 8.0 that weren't
>> in
>> 7.5 that you really needed/wanted to have?
>>
>> Say for example you were running financials, what's in 8.0 that can get
>> be
>> excited to migrate? Of course 8.0 does look a little prettier than 7.5
>> because of the Office interface. But that is hardly enough reason to get
>> customer motivated to upgrade their product.
>>
>> Elmer
>>

>> "HSalim[MVP]" <HSalim@msn.com> wrote in message
>> > If you haven't seen reason enough, you might as well wait.
>> > When you do decide to upgrade, you will still have to go through 8.0 as
>> > there is noupgrade path from 7.5 to 9.
>> > Your VAR will do both upgrades one after the other so there should be
>> > no
>> > downtime.
>> >
>> > HS
>> >

>> > "ElmerT" <elmer.tagarino@gisimplement.com> wrote in message

0
victoria (3340)
10/13/2005 3:38:03 PM
Oh, even better then!
HS

"26point2er" <26point2er@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Salim,
>
> I read in the customer source site that MS does have a
> 7.5 to 9.0 path.
>

> "HSalim[MVP]" wrote:
>
>> If you haven't seen reason enough, you might as well wait.
>> When you do decide to upgrade, you will still have to go through 8.0 as
>> there is noupgrade path from 7.5 to 9.
>> Your VAR will do both upgrades one after the other so there should be no
>> downtime.
>>
>> HS
>>

>> "ElmerT" <elmer.tagarino@gisimplement.com> wrote in message
>> > If you were currently running MBS 7.5 at the moment, are there any
>> > compelling reasons to move up to 8.0? Or would you be better off
>> > waiting
>> > it out for their 9.0 release?

0
HSalim (1270)
10/13/2005 3:43:08 PM
Beerman,

And how is that a valid reason to upgrade. Just because Microsoft stops
"support on 'too old' versions" does that stop the version from working?
Does the functionality go away? If the existing product is satisfying all
of your needs, and there are no compelling reasons to upgrade, why go
through the expense?

If you have good reasons to upgrade then go right ahead and do it but
just becasue Microsoft says so has never been a valid reason to do
anything!!

Lyle

In article <313F4A19-0B9D-4375-9977-1EA227890904@microsoft.com>,
BeerMan@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> You'll pretty soon find that your best reason to update is that MS will most
> likely stop the support on 'too old' versions.
>

> "ElmerT" wrote:
>
> > Thanks!
> >
> > I'm actually trying to get comments from others that have upgraded. Was it
> > because of 8.0 just being the latest and greatest of the product or was
> > there a really good nice to have? What features were in 8.0 that weren't in
> > 7.5 that you really needed/wanted to have?
> >
> > Say for example you were running financials, what's in 8.0 that can get be
> > excited to migrate? Of course 8.0 does look a little prettier than 7.5
> > because of the Office interface. But that is hardly enough reason to get a
> > customer motivated to upgrade their product.
> >
> > Elmer
> >

> > "HSalim[MVP]" <HSalim@msn.com> wrote in message
> > > If you haven't seen reason enough, you might as well wait.
> > > When you do decide to upgrade, you will still have to go through 8.0 as
> > > there is noupgrade path from 7.5 to 9.
> > > Your VAR will do both upgrades one after the other so there should be no
> > > downtime.
> > >
> > > HS
> > >

> > > "ElmerT" <elmer.tagarino@gisimplement.com> wrote in message

0
Lyle1 (38)
10/13/2005 8:29:16 PM
I don't remember if there was anything earth-shaking.  It has been so long
ago, the excitement wore off and we have gotten used to the new features.

The new 9.0 is really nice because of business portal and main page where
you get your dash-board type at-a-glance info.
There are some small UI changes in look and feel, some functional changes
that affect the user, and a lot of re-engineering under the hood.  If you
are looking to create a customization, the WebServices feature (to be
released shortly after) is a great leap forward.

Payables had some long overdue check selection/editing features that make
upgrade worth it.

This is the first delivery of the Wave 1 commitments.  I'll spare you the
marketing spiel.

Another great reason to upgrade: Starting with this version, any product
released will have full support for 5 years, after which it will move to
legacy support.  The support life cycle for earlier versions, including 8.0,
is much shorter.

HS

..

"ElmerT" <elmer.tagarino@gisimplement.com> wrote in message
> Thanks!
>
> I'm actually trying to get comments from others that have upgraded. Was it
> because of 8.0 just being the latest and greatest of the product or was
> there a really good nice to have? What features were in 8.0 that weren't
> in 7.5 that you really needed/wanted to have?
>
> Say for example you were running financials, what's in 8.0 that can get be
> excited to migrate? Of course 8.0 does look a little prettier than 7.5
> because of the Office interface. But that is hardly enough reason to get a
> customer motivated to upgrade their product.
>
> Elmer
>

> "HSalim[MVP]" <HSalim@msn.com> wrote in message
>> If you haven't seen reason enough, you might as well wait.
>> When you do decide to upgrade, you will still have to go through 8.0 as
>> there is noupgrade path from 7.5 to 9.
>> Your VAR will do both upgrades one after the other so there should be no
>> downtime.
>>
>> HS
>>

>> "ElmerT" <elmer.tagarino@gisimplement.com> wrote in message
>>> If you were currently running MBS 7.5 at the moment, are there any
>>> compelling reasons to move up to 8.0? Or would you be better off waiting
>>> it out for their 9.0 release?

0
HSalim (1270)
10/14/2005 1:54:55 AM
I've often skipped a version when upgrading products - Office, for example.
As a business-owner, I would even skip it with GP if I was not in need of
the new features (personally, I'm too geeky to resist.  Heck, I would want
to be a part of the beta program)  but I would not be comfortable with no
support.

That is understandable because Great Plains is the backbone of the business.
When it goes down, the business can be greatly hampered and cause a
tremendous amount of anxiety all around.  Having solid support for this
would be an important concern for many business owners.

I know of a company that has not upgraded from 5.5 - fully paid up on
enhancements and all, but very loathe to upgrade because of the
customizations.  they are now going to upgrade to 9.0.  The end of official
support did cause anxiety even though they probably are better supported
than many users.( great VAR, savvy internal support etc)

HS

"Lyle" <Lyle@nowhere.com> wrote in message
> Beerman,
>
> And how is that a valid reason to upgrade. Just because Microsoft stops
> "support on 'too old' versions" does that stop the version from working?
> Does the functionality go away? If the existing product is satisfying all
> of your needs, and there are no compelling reasons to upgrade, why go
> through the expense?
>
> If you have good reasons to upgrade then go right ahead and do it but
> just becasue Microsoft says so has never been a valid reason to do
> anything!!
>
> Lyle
>
> In article <313F4A19-0B9D-4375-9977-1EA227890904@microsoft.com>,
> BeerMan@discussions.microsoft.com says...
>> You'll pretty soon find that your best reason to update is that MS will
>> most
>> likely stop the support on 'too old' versions.
>>

>> "ElmerT" wrote:
>>
>> > Thanks!
>> >
>> > I'm actually trying to get comments from others that have upgraded. Was
>> > it
>> > because of 8.0 just being the latest and greatest of the product or was
>> > there a really good nice to have? What features were in 8.0 that
>> > weren't in
>> > 7.5 that you really needed/wanted to have?
>> >
>> > Say for example you were running financials, what's in 8.0 that can get
>> > be
>> > excited to migrate? Of course 8.0 does look a little prettier than 7.5
>> > because of the Office interface. But that is hardly enough reason to
>> > get a
>> > customer motivated to upgrade their product.
>> >
>> > Elmer
>> >

>> > "HSalim[MVP]" <HSalim@msn.com> wrote in message

0
HSalim (1270)
10/14/2005 2:34:10 AM
Victoria:

Stupid question but how can I tell what version of FRX I am running?

I just discovered this forum about a week ago and it has been a great help.
Thank you for your participation.

Thanks
Leslie

"Victoria [MVP]" wrote:

> Yes!  I forgot about the Advanced Security - there is a noticeable
> difference.  As for FRx - 6.7 will work with GP 7.5.  I agree with Mark, 6.7
> is much more stable.
>
> --
> Victoria Yudin
> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>

> "Mark Polino" <MarkPolino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have to agree with some of the other posts,
> >
> > 1) Ability to kick yourself out if you're stuck is great. Especially if
> > your
> > working remotely at 2am
> > 2) Journal entry correction and copying is also very nice. I find it most
> > helpful when some one posts with the wrong #$%^ date.
> > 3) The new interface is actually pretty good too.  Customized toolbars are
> > nice step in the right direction but I miss the push pin as well. The
> > menus
> > seem cleaner too.
> > 4) For us FRx 6.7 (which we upgraded to with 8.0) is considerably more
> > stable than 6.5
> > 5) Advanced Security seems to be faster in 8.0 than in 7.5
> >
> > For us, 1&2 were enough of a timesave to upgrade.  The rest has just been
> > bonus stuff.
> >
> > Mark
> >
> > "ElmerT" wrote:
> >
> >> If you were currently running MBS 7.5 at the moment, are there any
> >> compelling reasons to move up to 8.0? Or would you be better off waiting
> >> it
> >> out for their 9.0 release?

0
LASM (37)
10/24/2005 12:48:03 PM
Leslie,

When you're in FRx go to Help > About.  It will have a version number in
there....for example 6.7.4031.  The first 2 'segments' are the version, the
last 4 numbers signify what service pack you have.

Another way is to look at the properties of the FRx32.exe file.  On the
version tab it should show the same thing as under Help > About.

--
Victoria Yudin
Microsoft MVP - Great Plains

"LASM" <LASM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Victoria:
>
> Stupid question but how can I tell what version of FRX I am running?
>
> I just discovered this forum about a week ago and it has been a great
> help.
> Thank you for your participation.
>
> Thanks
> Leslie
>
> "Victoria [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> Yes!  I forgot about the Advanced Security - there is a noticeable
>> difference.  As for FRx - 6.7 will work with GP 7.5.  I agree with Mark,
>> 6.7
>> is much more stable.
>>
>> --
>> Victoria Yudin
>> Microsoft MVP - Great Plains
>>

>> "Mark Polino" <MarkPolino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have to agree with some of the other posts,
>> >
>> > 1) Ability to kick yourself out if you're stuck is great. Especially if
>> > your
>> > working remotely at 2am
>> > 2) Journal entry correction and copying is also very nice. I find it
>> > most
>> > helpful when some one posts with the wrong #$%^ date.
>> > 3) The new interface is actually pretty good too.  Customized toolbars
>> > are
>> > nice step in the right direction but I miss the push pin as well. The
>> > menus
>> > seem cleaner too.
>> > 4) For us FRx 6.7 (which we upgraded to with 8.0) is considerably more
>> > stable than 6.5
>> > 5) Advanced Security seems to be faster in 8.0 than in 7.5
>> >
>> > For us, 1&2 were enough of a timesave to upgrade.  The rest has just
>> > been
>> > bonus stuff.
>> >
>> > Mark

0
victoria (3340)

HELP: Deleted Items Limit Set to 0 days does not work!
Hi Gurus, I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does not removed from the server immediately. Has anyone come accross this issue? Please advice. Thanks in advance On Wed, 2 Feb 2005 20:20:23 +0800, "hanafiah" <hanafiahh@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi Gurus, > >I've set the Deleted Items Limit to 0 days from the Deletion Setting at the >Mail store level but when i delete an item from one of the mailbox it does >not removed from the server immediat...

Money 4.0 backup file to Money 2004
I can't seem to get the old backup file to convert to Money 2004... it keeps telling me that it was created by an incompatible version. Does anyone know of a workaround? Should I see about getting an intermediate version and working from that? Thanks for any help! Gord --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.687 / Virus Database: 448 - Release Date: 16/05/2004 In microsoft.public.money, Gord Spence wrote: >I can't seem to get the old backup file to convert to Money 2004... it keeps >telling me th...

great palins 8.0 us payroll
can i see a traning demo session on us payroll 8.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=64dd06be-2f56-4c41-91cc-e1c977be182a&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains ...

error message #8
How do I install Money 2004 and set it up to use Norton Utilities? In microsoft.public.money, bkoch wrote: >How do I install Money 2004 and set it up to use Norton >Utilities? Try it? If no go, read various opinions and experiences that have been posted: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_q=&num=50&as_scoring=d&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&btnG=Google+Search&as_epq=&as_oq=nav+norton&as_eq=google&as_ugroup=microsoft.public.money&as_usubject=&as_uauthors=&as_umsgid=&lr=&as_drrb=q&as_qdr=&as_mind=12&as_minm=5&as_mi...

Spell Check option for crm 4.0
Hi Could you guys share your thoughts on what are the different options available for spell checking in CRM 4.0 Thank You Kind Regards Get a spellchecker for your browser. http://www.ie7pro.com/ includes spell checking amongst lots of other great features. Other addins for IE exist for this too, most produce red-squiggle underlining similar to MS Word. Make sure they have dictionaries to support your language and region (eg UK vs US English) Adam On 02/06/2010 15:16, ~Jij wrote: > Hi > Could you guys share your thoughts on what are the different options > available for spell ...

Hyperlink #8
Does anyone know why I cant insert a hyperlink in a shared worksheet? Hi this is a restriction of shared workbooks. Only hyperlinks inserted BEFORE sharing the workbook work, no chance to insert new ones -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Nick wrote: > Does anyone know why I cant insert a hyperlink in a shared > worksheet? ...

Reading and writing UTF-8 files
I have to do some simple text editing to large-ish (2 Mbyte) html files generated by Word. They are, I believe, in UTF-8. It is the !%^&* problem where single apostrophes become sequences of funny characters, some spaces are shown as unprintable characters, etc. The following code just reads and writes a file, and shows the problem. It applies whether I use a String or a StringBuilder, and whether or not I explicitly force UTF-8 encoding. Can somebody just tell me basically how to copy an html file by reading it in and then writing it out, which is all the following meth...

upgrade already?
I purchased and started using Money 2k3 about a month ago. Does anyone know of a free upgrade for those that just bought 2k3? Thanks, Hans ...

Upgrading to Outlook 2003 #3
What is the correct procedure to upgrade users from previous versions of Outlook to Outlook 2003? I am having several problems of having duplicate personal folders to not having contacts list available in new messages. PLEASE HELP..... Users have winxp/with office 2003 - coming from various window operating systems/and various office versions. An in place upgrade should not create new .pst files unless you have the original .pst file somewhere other than the default, such as on a network share. For the Contact problem, you need to install the Outlook Address Book Service - Tools-&g...

Upgrade from Home/Student to Business
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I need to update a machine that is running office 2008 HSE to the Business edition so that entourage will work with Exchange server. <br> If there is a POP account already setup in Entourage, when I make the upgrade, will that account and all of its contents remain? I just don't want to lose that data You should uninstall Office first using the Remove Office tool, which you can find in Applications/Microsoft Office 2008/Additional Tools/Remove Office. Doing so will not affect your Entourage data...

CRM 4 cannot activate Language pack activation after upgrade
Hi folks!! I have an important migration to work on, basically driven because of the need of the language pack, but after upgrading from 3 to 4, I cannot activate the language pack. They install without error, but no way to activate them. I am almosr certain it may be related to the fact that many of the different entities may have found themsleves modified and some "default" field removed (as some other post mentionned), but just in case, I am posting this request for help. I am goign to embark in trying to work around this by doing (in lab of course) many steps to see if it will...

Outlook Express 6.0 hung up
I can't close Outlook Express or perform any other functions in the program. It says it's offline. When I close it via Task Manager, it takes my PC offline. I've tried rebooting, running Norton System Works, Norton virus scan, etc., etc. The weird thing is the other user on my PC has no problem with the program when she logs on separately. I hate to reinstall IE as we may lose all our messages and folders. Running XP home edition (w/o SP-2). Any potential remedies would be greatly appreciated! Thanks. Colin <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I...

Converting Leads to Opportunities in CRM 3.0 (changes since CRM 1.2?)
We are in the process of upgrading from CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0. In 1.2 we were able to convert Leads to only Opportunities. However, in 3.0 it appears that you must also convert the Lead to an Account or Contact as well (i.e. after clicking on the Convert Lead button, if you select only the Opportunity checkbox, the OK button is disabled, however, if you also select either Account or Contact, the OK button becomes enabled). Is this a change in functionality from CRM 1.2 or is there a setting that impacts this behavior? Thanks in advance. ...

Percentages #8
Hi there, hope somebody out there in cyberworld can help me with the following probably easy to answer post. I have a number in box A1 lets say 100. This number is what I have dealt with over the month. In box B1 I have 10 and in box C1 I have 10. The numbers in B1 and C1 are figures within the 100 that I have missed for the month. How do I calculate out of 100% what I have achieved. I know how to calculate what percentage I have missed, i.e =sum(B1:C1)/A1*100 = 20%. ACHIEVED A1 = 100 MISSED B1 = 10 + C1 = 10 PERCENTAGE ACHIEVED = ? Thanks in advance for any help given. Terry ...

IE 8 Parsing issues?
Hello, since a few month we're having strange requests in our web server logs. Example: 2010-01-27 18:00:35 W3SVC183691552 194.183.128.104 GET /SysRes/GLOBALSkin/Ski/head><body+onload= - 80 - 194.183.153.12 Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+8.0;+Windows+NT+5.1;+Trident/4.0) http://my.domain.at/ 200 0 3 21699 757 46 Sometimes embedded resources like Scripts or CSS files are not loaded correctly. The path to the external resources is broken by adding any HTML code snippet of the page which embeds the resources. It happens on different pages / applications on our serv...

Outlook 2000 after XP upgrade: "unable to access folders"
I just upgraded from ME to XP. All if a sudden my shortcut buttons for inbox, outbox, deleted items, and everything else results in a message: "Unable to display the folder: unable to display the folder: folder no longer exists." I am, however, able to access these folders using the toolsbars view>go to. So these folders must exist, but apparently do not appear in the place that Windows XP expects them. Can anybody offer any suggestions or advice? Thanks, Sandor J. Woren window Try starting outlok from the Run command ...

Ignoring #DIV/0! in a formula
Is it possible to ignore a cell in a formula if the data is #DIV/0 ive tried messing around with IF statements but I cant seem to figure it out =IF(ISERROR(cellref),erroraction,noerroraction) =IF(ISNUMBER(cellref),noerroraction,erroraction) You can also use it in range functions, such as =SUM(IF(ISNUMBER(range),range)) but you must array enter (Ctrl-Shift-Enter) Jerry DLZ217 wrote: > Is it possible to ignore a cell in a formula if the data is #DIV/0 ive tried > messing around with IF statements but I cant seem to figure it out "Jerry W. Lewis" <post_a_reply@no_e-ma...

If, say, =SUM(I2:I10) totals "0", how to change formula to put a "0" in I11?
I know this is going to be simple but everything I've not got anything to work. How can we change formula, pls, to have "=SUM(I2:I10)" show up as "0" in I11 if there aren't any values anywhere in I2 to I10? Thanks. :oD If there are no values to sum the formula should already be returning 0. What result are you getting? Biff "StargateFanFromWork" <NoSpam@NoJunk.com> wrote in message news:OV$7dJLnHHA.3704@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I know this is going to be simple but everything I've not got anything to >work. How can we change f...

Viewing CRM 3.0 Notes in SharePoint
I have added a page viewer webpart to a sharepoint (sps) page to display data on a CRM account. All data and tabs display as they should except Notes. When I click on the Notes tab, none of the existing notes are displayed; just to option to add a new note. If I add a new note, it is displayed only until the page is refreshed and it then disappears. Text, picklist, and other fields display existing data correctly. Has anyone know how to display CRM 3.0 notes in a SharePoint webpart? Thanks Vic Coleman Can you share your web part with the community? maybe we can all help to re...

Money 2005 sign-in problems after upgrading to vista
I have just upgraded to Windows Vista from Windows XP. after installing money 2005 i tried to restore a backup into money 2005 but the progrmme just comes back with password not rocognised please try again. I can log into Live ID with the same password. thou. Can anybody help please? Have you downloaded the M2005 patch? Easiest to do this by opening sample.mny. The following has been posted many many times by Cal Learner:- Be sure that your Money (*.mny) and backup (*.mbf) files are copied to a spot that you will have full privileges to, such as Documents. If they are in a place like P...

Installing Business Portal for GP9.0
Hi, I have a SharePoint Portal server that is seperated from the GP server. I'ld like to install the Business Portal for my GP. Where is the best placement for the Business Portal to be installed (on the SharePoint server or on the Great Plains server)? Thanks in advance, DK. ...

Business Management Error Move CRM 4.0 Database to Different Machi
Hi, I have backed up a CRM 4.0 _MSCRM and MSCRM_Config database from one machine and restored both on another machine ( Which had been useing a test database). After restoring both databases on the new host I used the Deployment Manger to import the restored database. After completing the import when I attempt to open CRM I get an error message saying " Business Management Error The user ID associated the current record is not valid" From the server where I'm logged an as Administrator On client PC I get the following. Server Error in '/...

Show Discount on SOP Invoice or nothing if 0
I am trying to create a calculated field on the bottom of the SOP Blank Invoice to show the discount amount if paid by the due date. I just can't seem to get it to work. It should be easy but I've wasted too much time already. thanks I have not looked at this field when discounts available are not posted to the GL but there is a field in the SOP10100 called Discount Available Amount (DISAVAMT) as well as amounts for Misc and Freight charges. Try these fields or a sum of the 3 in a calculation if they are properly populated. And let me know if this works! -- Richard L. Whale...

PDC module in Great Plains 8
Hi i just wonder do we have a Post Dated Checks solution as a module in Great Plains 8 regards Nader How do you want it to work? "Nader Yousef" wrote: > Hi > > i just wonder do we have a Post Dated Checks solution as a module in Great > Plains 8 > > regards > Nader When a customer pays for his goods he pays the cashier a cash deposit which should be recorded as a CRV and the balance is to be payed by a Post Dated Checks with different due dates and the customer account is credited and debit the PDC account and when the check is deposited and acce...

Problem upgrade from Mscrm 1.2 to 3.0
At the end of the upgrade i got this error message Failed to locate the Reporting Services Report Server configuration file. Verify the file specified in registry value HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\80\Reporting Services[RSConfigFilePath] Does anyone know what wrong? Thanks Mathias ...