Which services does GP use

We're trying to disable unused services on our GP server.  Does anyone know
which services are required to run GP other than MSSQLSERVER?
0
RYF (3)

The SQL Server agent service, while not required specifically for GP, might
be used for SQL Server. Other than those two, that's it.

"RYF" wrote:

> We're trying to disable unused services on our GP server.  Does anyone know
> which services are required to run GP other than MSSQLSERVER?
0
CharlesAllen (483)

Services Exchange Server
When using the Microsoft Exchange Server service how do you get Outlook 2000 to recognize the service over a broadband, VPN connection? Outlook should be using your default network connection - if you've established a VPN connection and can ping the Exchange server by name, you should just be able to open Outlook. SWT wrote: > When using the Microsoft Exchange Server service how do > you get Outlook 2000 to recognize the service over a > broadband, VPN connection? ...

xp service pack 2 installation seems frozen
i am running Windows xp pro 32bit. I Had a virus and did a repair using xp disc, i managed to recover all my files and programs, but my windows reverted to service pack 1. Everytime i turn on my computer i get an update alert and you click on it it starts updating to service pack 2.The problem is it keeps stalling in the same spot for hours everytime.The dialog box says " creating cabinets", and then there is no progress at all from then on. PLEASE HELP!! Download Windows XP Service Pack 2 directly from Microsoft's download site to a newly created folder on yo...

Using the combo box from the forms toobar
When using the combo box from the forms toolbar I get text that is a specified size. I can increase the size of the drop down arrow and box but I can't change the text size. How do I change the text size? Hi R, > When using the combo box from the forms toolbar I get text that is a specified size. I can increase the size of the drop down arrow and box but I can't change the text size. How do I change the text size? You can't. The combo box from the forms toolbar is a fixed font. If you need a different font, you'll have to use the combobox from the control toolbox. Re...

How do I organize my drop-down font list? Most-used first.
I hate going through the whole font list each time I design (or update) a page. Any way to organize the drop-down font list with my "favorites" at the top of the list? Thank you!! Not an option. Besides, with only a handful of web-safe fonts you really shouldn't need to. http://www.ampsoft.net/webdesign-l/WindowsMacFonts.html -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "Mary" <Mary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0B633D68-8C98-4DAA-A024-4B240CDE4650@microsoft.com... > I hate going throu...

Using Sound Recorder in Word VBA SOMETIMES does not work
I am recording short (< 60 secs) snipets of sound using Sound Recorder under control of Word VBA using the following Public Sub recordSound() Selection.InlineShapes.AddOLEObject ClassType:="SoundRec", FileName:="", LinkToFile:=False, DisplayAsIcon:=False End Sub All is OK most of the time but on some machines I get a message that says "Unable to load package" (or something like that ... I have never seeh it but 2 people have reported this). Does anyone know what might be causing this? I think both occurances were under Word 2007 on Vista. ...

cannot use wildcards in LDAP query
I am using genifax and two of the tools they provide error out when using wildcards as part of an LDAP query in the production envioronment. I also tried the tool against servers running LDAP in different sites but they fail. I tested this tool against a lab machine all the same service pack/patches and it works correctly. Any ideas? sorry this is a 5.5 server running sp4 on nt4 sp6a "Charles Hibbits" <Charles_hibbits@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23v7mrVmJEHA.4052@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > I am using genifax and two of the tools they provide error out when using...

reconcile Inventory with General Ledger when using Average Perpetu
The customer wants to have the ability to reconcile their inventory balances with the general ledger accounts when Average costing is being used. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser...

Security Transmission in GP
Hi, I would like to know if the information transmitted in the network when a GP 9.0 Client connect to a GP Server, is encrypted? My password travel clear over the network? The transactions? If the answer is not, How can I encrypt it without disturbing GP or the network? Ariel, To enable encrypted connections for an instance of SQL Server 2000, you should set the Force Protocol Encryption option to Yes. Setting this option to Yes encrypts both the credentials transmitted during the logon process and all data transmitted across a network between SQL Server and the client. You can ...

Using a spread sheet for e-mail addresses
I have a large number of e-mail addresses in a spread sheet column. Is there a way to copy the e-mail addresses into the To box (bcc) of an outgoing e-mail without first installing them in my contacts folder? Thanks, Len Urban Save the column as a text file, open the file in Word or your favorite text editor, replace all the line endings with semicolons, and paste it all into the BCC field. -Peter "Len Urban" <lturban@verizon.net> wrote in message news:hgVph.373$9B6.212@trnddc07... >I have a large number of e-mail addresses in a spread sheet column. Is >ther...

Reporting services available for use with access?
I am building a DB in access for my project managers, some will be using just access. Is it possible that report builder can be used in Access? In some way? ...

authorizations/segregation of duties in small company gp
We are a small company upgrading from GP 7 to GP 9. As part of the upgrade process, we're trying to change some of our processes and the general ledger access profiles so that we can utilize 9's better security. If we only have three accountants, we can't let #1 be the only journal entry originator, and #2 and #3 be reviewers, because if #1 goes on vacation, then nobody can originate a JE. Is there a way to say: if #1 is the originator, then #2 or #3 can review, but if #2 is the originator, then #2 can't review his/her own work, #3 has to review/post? I don't thi...

Most recently Used (MRUD) List
Is the MRUD only updated if you open a file from within Excel? That seems to be the way it's working for me. Is there any way to get Excel to add files the the MRUD if they are opened by double-clicking in an Explorer window? Pierre Only in XL2002 will the files show up in the MRU list. Earlier versions do not. Dana DeLouis offers VBA code in this google search thread. http://snurl.com/1qzz Gord Dibben Excel MVP - XL97 SR2 & XL2002 On Tue, 29 Jul 2003 19:07:38 -0400, stephens@no-fixed-abode.com wrote: >Is the MRUD only updated if you open a file from within Excel? That...

Date Formats in GP
Problem 1: MO Summary window In the MO Summary window (Inquiry>Manufacturing>Manufacturing Orders>MO Summary), when an MO is looked up, you have the option of checking which serial numbers have been consumed for subassemblies. When the user has a system date format of MM/dd/yyyy, opening the Serial Numbers window causes the following errors, in order (there are four in total): 1. An error occurred executing the SQL Statements 2. GPS Error: 54 3. SQL Error: 515 [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'MFGDATE', table '...

Using lparam in cheaderctrl
Hi there, I know that when insertcolumn is called from inside a clistctrl, it takes care of calling methods in header control to add the header text. However is there a way of sending some more information. I want to make use of the cheaderctrl's (HD_ITEM'S) lparam which is supposed to be an application define lparam. Can I do this at the time of inserting the columns? If not, when and how can I do it? Because then when I get a notification of onheaderclicked, I want to be able to read the value stored in this lparam to do stuff accordingly. Thank you. I think it's kinda anno...

Color lost when using two instances of Excel
I am using two instances of Excel on two separate screens. In one screen I have a workbook with custom color scheme and in the other a workbook with a default color scheme. Whenvever I copy data (either using paste or paste special) from a worksheet in one book to a worksheet in the other, the color scheme is copied across as well, thereby putting out the formatting of the colored cells. Has anyone come across this or any thoughts as to a solution? Open the two workbooks in the same instance of excel. You can continue to use multiple monitors with a single instance. Yo...

Using ADODB, how do I create a msgbox when duplicate data is enter
Hello, I am having a problem creating a msgbox, when data entered through a form into a table is duplicated. I would like for a msgbox to popup, and warn the user for dupliucate data, before the actual data is entered into the table. I have an index for no duplicate set on a field in a table. How would I go about this? I have seen code for Jet, and have tried to translate it over to ADODB, but with many problems. Any help with this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks I don't know the code which is causing the problems with Jet but have you tried working with the 'match&#...

Using Access to create an appointment and add attendees
Hi i am using Access to create an appointment in outlook. I have the code for creating the appointment but i am struggling to add attendees. This is what i have so far; DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objAppt As Outlook.AppointmentItem Dim objRecurPattern As Outlook.RecurrencePattern Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objAppt = objOutlook.CreateItem(olAppointmentItem) With objAppt .Start = Est_Finish_Date .Subject = Component ...

Frequently used formulas
Is there a way to access frequently used formulas easily? I have a report where I need to import the data and then type in the same formula each time in order to create analyzable results. Is there a quicker way? Thanks I'm not sure this will work well for you, but it might be worth a try. Why not create a workbook with just the formulas in place, but without the data? Then you'd open that workbook, import the data into it and save it out with a new name? If that's not good for you, perhaps simply copying the formulas into a notepad (.txt) file and saving it s...

Upgrade GP 10 and Citrix terminal server
We upgraded SQL Server to Windows Server 2003. Now I read that a Terminal Services Server has to have Windows Server 2003 as well. Is this only if the TS is used as the server? We have GP installed as a client and all the outside users connect to it (Citrix 4.0). If this is so, then I have to delay my upgrade another 2 weeks :( What about client workstations? Can they run Gp 10 if they only have office 2000? I know some new reports go to Excel, and that is probably why it says Office XP, 2003 or 2007 is required. Can anyone please respond ASAP? Our VAR is out of the office today, and I...

What event to use in a field property on a from
In my form Souls field Age I want to have this field calculate the current age of the soul from the field DOB that is also in the form. DOB is a formated date and AGE is formated General Number 0 decimals. What is the best event to use when adding or updateing the record. The DOB may be blank in some instances and then be updated at some later time. Thank You in advance for all the help. I am using Ver 2007 You should not be storing the Age in a table. Instead, you should calculate it in a query, and use the query wherever you would otherwise have used the table. To compute Age, g...

using xml to build ASP.NET applications
hiya, ATM, I use vis studio to drag and drop controls on to my web forms. Apparently, an app can be built via XML and XSLT.I've been googling, but I'm still none the wiser as to why people would go to a low level of xml when they could use the IDE? Is it because: 1) the same xml can be used to build cross-platform apps? 2) it performs better (maybe there is less metadata if done in this way)? 3) it is easier to modify using XSLT than it is to go in and manually alter controls that have been dropped onto a webform? Can anyone give me a clue? Also, the people that use XML to build t...

COUNTIF using 2 ranges??
OK, here's the deal. I have a worksheet with about 500 rows of data, o each row has a unique ticket number, a type code (1-9) and a compan name (about 20 different companies) What I need to do is get th results for each company and each code. Therefor, the number o tickets that belong to company XYZ that have a code of 3 would b entered into one field. Then 4, 5, 6 etc. I have tried COUNTIF and array formulas but have has no success. I you have any ideas, please share. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Snickstx, a pivot table will give you what you are looking...

CRM Security Service not starting
I recieve an error in the event log "Error: An error occurred while attempting to update the SCP (Active Directory update). -2147016656 (0x800720030) Description: There is no such object on the server." I am running the CRM 1.2, Crystal 9, all on the same Domain Admin level ID, SQL Server is installed on a seperate server with the same domain admin id running the service. I have not installed any SPs. I have the correct MDAC 2.8 version. the Build Version table contains Build Date Timestamp BuildNumber BuildQFE 8/23/2005 7:08:01 PM <Binary>...

Using Outlook/Exchange Server as a central dispatch manager?
I'll try to be detailed, but brief. Running Exchange 2K with mixed Outlook clients throughout office. We're a service company and we have a mailbox called "dispatch". When a service call comes in, we create a new task in the Dispatch mailbox, add the detail and then "assign" it to someone. They accept and update until the call is complete (every time a change is made it synchs with dispatch's task). When the call is complete/closed, the task in central dispatch is closed and then processed We want to enhance some of this -- are there any features in Exchan...

Using a Yes/No field to trigger a calculation in another field
I am trying to use an IIF statement to have a filed calculate based on another field having either Yes or No in it. The fields are: TotalTuitions - all the tuitions added together MultiClassTrigger - Yes/No fiield MultiClassDisc - 10% discount to be calculated depending on Yes/No IIF statement - MultiClassDisc:IIf([MultiClassTrigger]=Yes,[TotalTuitions]*0.1,0) This will work the first time that Yes is selected in the Trigger field but then the value will stay when I change the Trigger field back to No. With No selected it should change the discount field back to zero. ...