What date was a batch created

I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a batch.
I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch was
created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system.

Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com

First, as you probably know, this is not a forum for getting instant answers
because it is not monitored officially.

Second, SY00500 stores the batch history. It is in the company database. You
will need to create a report based on this table.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Sandy D''Anna, GP Project Manager" wrote:

> I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a batch.
> I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch was
> created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system.
>
> Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com
0
callen (2505)
4/21/2006 7:24:03 PM
I'm a new guy to this forum so thanks for the heads up on the response time.
Also thanks for the lead.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> First, as you probably know, this is not a forum for getting instant answers
> because it is not monitored officially.
>
> Second, SY00500 stores the batch history. It is in the company database. You
> will need to create a report based on this table.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Sandy D''Anna, GP Project Manager" wrote:
>
> > I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a batch.
> > I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch was
> > created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system.
> >
> > Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com
Charles,

Actually, I think the 'User ID' and the Date field in the SY0500 table are
really "last accessed" dates.  From some testing I seem to recall doing, as
soon as someone updates the batch by adding or removing a record, GP updates
the user id & date with that user.  So you really won't get a "created"
date.  In order to work around this for a project I was doing I had to
create a shadow table using batch source/batch id and store the user/date in
that table to keep track of the original creator.

patrick
mbs dev support

"Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
> First, as you probably know, this is not a forum for getting instant
answers
> because it is not monitored officially.
>
> Second, SY00500 stores the batch history. It is in the company database.
You
> will need to create a report based on this table.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Sandy D''Anna, GP Project Manager" wrote:
>
> > I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a
batch.
> > I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch
was
> > created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system.
> >
> > Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com

0
prot1 (1345)
4/21/2006 11:55:51 PM
I did some testing and discovered that SY00500 only stores unposted batches.
To get batch history, you have to look at the individual series. For example,
purchasing batch history is stored in POP30000 and SOP batch history is
stored in SOP30100. Of course, not every series has a batch history table.
You have to look in the transaction history tables. Unfortunately, the
created user can be overridden by the last person who modified the
transaction.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> Charles,
>
> Actually, I think the 'User ID' and the Date field in the SY0500 table are
> really "last accessed" dates.  From some testing I seem to recall doing, as
> soon as someone updates the batch by adding or removing a record, GP updates
> the user id & date with that user.  So you really won't get a "created"
> date.  In order to work around this for a project I was doing I had to
> create a shadow table using batch source/batch id and store the user/date in
> that table to keep track of the original creator.
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support

> "Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
> > First, as you probably know, this is not a forum for getting instant
> answers
> > because it is not monitored officially.
> >
> > Second, SY00500 stores the batch history. It is in the company database.
> You
> > will need to create a report based on this table.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Sandy D''Anna, GP Project Manager" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a
> batch.
> > > I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch
> was
> > > created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system.
> > >
> > > Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com

0
callen (2505)

How to change background color of a window that has been created.
I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can you help? Hello Jerry, > I need to change the background of a window that has been created, can > you help? > Answer depends upon the type of window. Typically you can do this in OnEraseBkgnd. Certain controls respond to WM_CTLCOLOR and yet some other, like CButton, need to be owner drawn to change the color. If you have a generic CWnd, you can always specify the brush in the window class; so no special painting is needed. This is good when you know that the background will have one color all the time. -...

Creating a Report using Tables (that have no relationships)
Im looking to create an invoice report that uses data from three different tables that are created dynamically by a query. The data for these will change but I would like to simply pull the data from these tables to create a report. The tables have the following information: 1. Company Info (name, address) 2. Customer Info (address, name, etc) 3. Customer Order (products, price, other info) 4. Invoice Info (ID, GST #, etc) I realize I could have created a table with relationships but the data above is dynamic as there are 4 different companies and based upon user inp...

creating a recurring reminder email message
I want to create a reminder message that gets emailed to a distribution list on the same date every month. How can we do that? ...

Problem creating full text index
I seem to be unable to create a full text index of either my public or private store. When I try to creat the index I get the error; The directory name is invalid. Facility: MSSearch.Admin.1 ID no: 8007010b Exchange system Manager This seems to be happening for both the public and private stores. The directory does exist. I have looked over the permissions and tried to compare to known working servers and I haven't moticed any obvious differences. Any ideas? Did you follow this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822932/en-us Nue "Jonathan Huber" <JonathanHu...

Date on Template
I created some templates and am choosing to bring over a date to be shown in the template when it is run. I have selected this attribute to be date only and not date & time. Every time I run the template it still shows date+time+time zone. Is there a way to show only the date and not the rest of the data. Thanks for any help anyone can provide. ...

How do I create a spread sheet for tracking batting statistics?
Trying to keep a running log of batting stats for the season. Can anyone help? http://www.baseball-almanac.com/bstatmen.shtml "Robert" wrote: > Trying to keep a running log of batting stats for the season. Can anyone help? ...

Install 3.0 Failed
I am in the process of installing 3.0 on a server. All of the inital checks are fine. I proceed to install and it fails with an error "Action Microsoft.Crm.Setup.Server.CreateSetupUserAction failed HRESULT 0x80040237" I searched the Knowledge Base and found KB 941498. I did what it said but got the following error for msxml2.dll - LoadLibrary("msxml2.dll") failed. The specified module could not be found. How do I go about getting XML 2 (the parser I'm guessing) when it hasn't be supported in years? Is there something else I can do? I am installing 3.0...

Calculate Dates with If Then Else Statements
I need to calculate total years’ full time experience (i.e. 2.5 years, 3.25 years, etc.) in an Access 2003 database form. This is what I am trying to do: If the Full-Time End Date is Blank, use Today's Date, ELSE if the Full-Time End Date has a Date, use that Date. Separately, these two formulas work: =DateDiff("m",[FullTimeStartDate],Now())/12 =DateDiff("m",[FullTimeStartDate],[FullTimeEndDate])/12 My problem is writing a statement to calculate using the END DATE if one is entered, or NOW, if there is no end date. I have tried many combinations, but can’t ge...

System Restore all off, still creating restore points on 2nd parti
Although we have System Restore turned off on all drives, restore points are still being created on the secondary partitions. The OS partiton is drive C, NTFS. The secondary partition is drive D, FAT32. The restore points are being created when applications (i.e. DirectX, WinDVD, etc.) are installed from the second partition (drive D). We must install these from a secondary partition. What are we missing? These restore points are filling up our drives. Also, I thought System Restore wouldn't work on FAT32 drives? Thanks, -- Bill Baker Bill, I use two drives b...

Create a new restore point
How does one create a new restore point in both Vista and Win7? When I go to Accessories-->System Tools-->Restore all I get is how to restore from a previous one. That's not what I want. I want to create a restore point. OldEd On 3/9/2010 5:14 PM, OldManEd wrote: > How does one create a new restore point in both Vista and Win7? When I > go to Accessories-->System Tools-->Restore all I get is how to restore > from a previous one. That's not what I want. I want to create a restore > point. > OldEd Click "Computer" in start menu th...

Filter Date
Hi, I have a form which contains a listbox (holding the values Process Date and Quantity) and I have a textbox which displayed the current month. What I want to do is when I click on a command button (cmdMonthDown) and the textbox value changes from May to April I want the values in the listbox to be filtered so that only those values are disiplayed that were entered in April. If I'm not making sense please let me know otherwise your help would be appreciated. Thanks Reference the text box as a parameter in the list box's RowSourcee, e.g. if the text box shows the month name in fu...

Date Format when incoming date can be 0
I have a date fiels yyyymmdd which can have a value of 0 or a valid date in recent past. Excel displays the 0 date as 01/01/1900 and the non zero dates as expected. Cant figure this out , any help would be appreciated. Excel uses a sequencial number from either 1/1/1900, or 1/1/1904 (depending on your options) as the date value for Example 6/3/2005 is 38506 using the 1/1/1900 if the cell is formatted as a date it is responding with the date it thinks you mean. If you want the cell to display a zero =if(Date=0,"0",date) "DP NY10601" wrote: > I have a date fiels y...

Task start/end dates from MS project to Workspace site
We are currently running MSPS 2007 with WSS 3.0. I am trying to create a list in one of the project work spaces. I would like to auto-populate two columns in that list with the start and end date of certain tasks from the Project Plan in MS project. I am thinking we can do this by linking these columns to the the project SQL database fields. So, 1) Do I use the published SQL databse for this? 2) Which fields in the SQL database would I have to link to get the Start and End dates? EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice AutoList in ASP.Net http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...

Posted Batches are still available
Hi: We are using GP 9 with SQL 2005. We have a situation, where we have posted the batches but those are still available to post. Those are showing no. of documents and their batch totals, but when we print edit list of those batches, there is nothing. What is causing this situation? Thanks in advance. Are those Sales transaction batches? If yes, they may be order or quote in your batch. "Naseer Ahmed Farooqi" wrote: > Hi: > > We are using GP 9 with SQL 2005. We have a situation, where we have posted > the batches but those are still available to post. Those...

Date Range
Hi, When I want the date rage appeared on the report header, I use textbox and put (qry criteria) in its recordsource. It works fine. However, For this time, I got a message like this ‘First([Between [From this date] And [To this date]])" Is there something wrong with the qry criteria? Would you please show me how to fix the problem? Thanks Chi It's very hard to understand the crtieria, can you post the full SQL What is the First in the beginning? Why there are to square brackes in the end And in the beinning? First([Between [From this date] And [To this date]])" T...

how to calculate the substraction between two dates
hi, i have two cells ,in which there are two dates. (for instance ,one cel l 08/02 ,the other 07/30) if the gap of the two dates is 2 days , something will be set to do. but it is difficult to judge the the substraction between two dates any good ideas. thanks Perhaps this might be of help .. Assume the *dates* "2-Aug-2004" and "30-Jul-2004" are input in A1 and B1, and A1:B1 is custom formatted as: mm/dd viz. it'll show as: In A1: 08/02 In B1: 07/30 Try in C1: =DAY(ABS(A1-B1))-1 Format C1 as: General or Number C1 will return: 2 i.e. the number of days...

restore .ost file created in different exchange profile
Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from an .ost file created by a different user in a different domain name, please? OST files are linked to the mailbox/profile for which they were created. If you've got an orphaned one, you can't open it - you will need to google OST2PST (an old utility that may still be floating around) and try to run it against the file (make a backup copy first). Or see www.exchangerecovery.com - I know it works, but it's $$$. hughie wrote: > Does anybody know how to restore email and other data from > an .ost file created by a di...

Creating new P&ID master symbols
I would like to create a new master P&ID valve symbol and add it to the Valves and Fittings stencil. I want to duplicate the tags and properties of exisisting valves so that it functions like the other valves in the stencil (auto-numbers, same data fields, etc.). Is there a way to copy all the information (not just the shape properties) from one valve and apply it to the new one? Use the Shape Conversion command from the Process Engineering menu to do this. Here are the steps: 1) Drag an existing valve onto the page so that there is at least one valve in the document. 2) If your ...

Money 2005
I have used Money 2003 for 2 years now. I did not use ANY of the online features nor did I have a .NET Passport. I just purchased Money 2005. I took my existing .mny file and converted it for use in Money 2005. I enabled my checking account (from US Bank) to use online services. NOT ONLY did 2005 create a brand new duplicate account with my recent activity in it (see my other posting), BUT it also duplicated most of my existing budget categories too. For example, I had an existing category called "Day Care". Now I have two of them: "Day Care" and "Day Car...

download the Credit Card transaction date not the the posting date
Then I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS Money I always get the Posting Date not the Transaction date. Do I need another column in the register, help does not tell me how to do that? Or is the only solution changing each entry by hand? ( that doesn't make sense) This credit card offers downloads in either QIF or spreadsheet. In microsoft.public.money, riskymanr wrote: >Then I download a statement from a Credit card and import it in to MS Money I >always get the Posting Date not the Transaction date. Do you mean you first enter the transactions by...

How do I create a 4-d chart?
I am trying to create a chart with 4 dimensions. In effect, I need a 3-D column chart where the vertical bars are "stacked" colmns. How can I do this? Evanr Have you heard about Tufte's "small multiples" or Cleveland's "trellis" displays? These approaches create a series of small plots instead of trying to put everything into a single overly complex chart. I would stay away form 3D charts in Excel. Trellis is a trademarked by Insightful software. I use the term "panel charts" to reflect trellis and small multiple charts in Excel. I have...

If Formula , Adding Days to a Date
A B 1 06/06/10 I want to make a formula that calculate as following; in Cell (B1) if the date in future the result will be [Enrolled], if not it will be Cell (A1) + 730 Days On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 02:14:01 -0700, Khalid A. Al-Otaibi <KhalidAAlOtaibi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > A B >1 06/06/10 > >I want to make a formula that calculate as following; > >in Cell (B1) if the date in future the result will be [Enrolled], if not it >will be Cell (A1) + 730 Days Try this formula in cell B1: =IF(A1>TODAY(), "[En...

stop creating email link when @ sign is present
I want to stop the autoformatting when the @ sign is used in a field. How can I stop excel from automatically creating an email link when the @ sign is in a cell? Gregg, This feature can be turned OFF under Tools, AutoCorrect, the second tab, AutoFormat as You Type, unclick the first option Internet and Network Paths with Hyperlinks http://HelpExcel.com "gregg" wrote: > I want to stop the autoformatting when the @ sign is used in a field. How can > I stop excel from automatically creating an email link when the @ sign is in > a cell? gregg You don't say whic...

lookup a date from an array of date ranges if conditions are met
Please help...i need to lookup up a value on a specific date range. for example: column A: column b (from 9/01/2003 ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sounds like autofilter could be something, select the data (should have headers), do data>filter>autofilter, filter on the date column using custom and gate than or equal to and put 09/01/03 as a criteria -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "nscanceran" <nscanceran.wj1qn@excelforum-no...

Release Date of V 4.0
Hi Does any one know the official release date for CRM V 4.0? Will CRM V 4.0 be available for partners before it is available for the general public? Thanks alot ...