What date was a batch created

I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a batch.
I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch was
created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system.

Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com

First, as you probably know, this is not a forum for getting instant answers
because it is not monitored officially.

Second, SY00500 stores the batch history. It is in the company database. You
will need to create a report based on this table.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Sandy D''Anna, GP Project Manager" wrote:

> I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a batch.
> I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch was
> created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system.
>
> Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com
0
callen (2505)
4/21/2006 7:24:03 PM
I'm a new guy to this forum so thanks for the heads up on the response time.
Also thanks for the lead.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> First, as you probably know, this is not a forum for getting instant answers
> because it is not monitored officially.
>
> Second, SY00500 stores the batch history. It is in the company database. You
> will need to create a report based on this table.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Sandy D''Anna, GP Project Manager" wrote:
>
> > I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a batch.
> > I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch was
> > created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system.
> >
> > Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com
Charles,

Actually, I think the 'User ID' and the Date field in the SY0500 table are
really "last accessed" dates.  From some testing I seem to recall doing, as
soon as someone updates the batch by adding or removing a record, GP updates
the user id & date with that user.  So you really won't get a "created"
date.  In order to work around this for a project I was doing I had to
create a shadow table using batch source/batch id and store the user/date in
that table to keep track of the original creator.

patrick
mbs dev support

"Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
> First, as you probably know, this is not a forum for getting instant
answers
> because it is not monitored officially.
>
> Second, SY00500 stores the batch history. It is in the company database.
You
> will need to create a report based on this table.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Sandy D''Anna, GP Project Manager" wrote:
>
> > I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a
batch.
> > I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch
was
> > created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system.
> >
> > Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com

0
prot1 (1345)
4/21/2006 11:55:51 PM
I did some testing and discovered that SY00500 only stores unposted batches.
To get batch history, you have to look at the individual series. For example,
purchasing batch history is stored in POP30000 and SOP batch history is
stored in SOP30100. Of course, not every series has a batch history table.
You have to look in the transaction history tables. Unfortunately, the
created user can be overridden by the last person who modified the
transaction.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Patrick [MSFT]" wrote:

> Charles,
>
> Actually, I think the 'User ID' and the Date field in the SY0500 table are
> really "last accessed" dates.  From some testing I seem to recall doing, as
> soon as someone updates the batch by adding or removing a record, GP updates
> the user id & date with that user.  So you really won't get a "created"
> date.  In order to work around this for a project I was doing I had to
> create a shadow table using batch source/batch id and store the user/date in
> that table to keep track of the original creator.
>
> patrick
> mbs dev support

> "Charles Allen" <callen@nospam-bkd.com> wrote in message
> > First, as you probably know, this is not a forum for getting instant
> answers
> > because it is not monitored officially.
> >
> > Second, SY00500 stores the batch history. It is in the company database.
> You
> > will need to create a report based on this table.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "Sandy D''Anna, GP Project Manager" wrote:
> >
> > > I'm in GP v8.0. I need to know what date a user created and/or saved a
> batch.
> > > I've looked all over and there doesn't seem to be any trail when a batch
> was
> > > created/saved short of turning on the User Tracking system.
> > >
> > > Please get back to me ASAP - sdanna@sfgmortgage.com

0
callen (2505)

CSocket::Create()
Hi there. I'm using Visual C++ 6 and have an application that uses CSocket::Create() to allocate a TCP/IP listening port - with a value of 0 passed in as the port number so that MFC will take care of the allocation. When I do this, I find that the ports allocated range from 1024 upwards. Is this correct? Shouldn't the ports allocated range from 49152 through 65535 in order to avoid the Registered Ports? Any info would be appreciated! The change in the ephemeral port allocation postdates the release of VS6. Therefore, older systems allocate ephemeral ports in the low range; new...

Macro help with hiding columns based on date ranges in a column
I have a scheduling spreadsheet where I need to schedule healthcare staff to cover 6 floors of a longterm care center. In column A I have the floor number assignment starting with floor 1. In column B I have each day of the current year from 01/01/2004 to 12/31/2004 repeated for all 6 floors. As you can imagine it's difficult working with so many rows of data. As the scheduling person plans in smaller windows of time, I would like to employ a simple auto-hide of date ranges that they don't need to see for their planning purpose. I was hoping that someone could provide me with some macr...

Can't I Create "Lists" in 2002?
I read in an Excel 2003 book about creating "lists". I have 2002 and I can't find the feature as described. Was this a new feature of 2003? If so, damn, guess I'll have to upgrade. (I don't mean a drop-down list, I mean a list) -- slobizman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ slobizman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30522 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501736 Data|List was added in xl2003. slobizman wrote: > > I read in an Excel 2003 bo...

VBA to create formula from a list in one sheet.
I am looking for a script that will create a formula that adds up cells from multiple sheets and places the formula on a totals sheet. The script needs to grab the name of the sheets from a range on a seperate sheet in the workbook. I hope this make sense. Range("A1").Formula = "=SUMPRODUCT(SUMIF(INDIRECT(""'""&C1:C3&""'!C8""),""<>""))" where C1:C3 is a range housing the relevant sheetnames in separate cells, and C* is the cell to add. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mai...

Transferring the "latest date" entry to the summary page
Hello Excel experts! I use Excel 2003. I have a client who has a workbook consisting of a separate worksheet for each of his customers, as well as a summary page. Within each separate worksheet, In column "A", he tracks the last date that he visited a client and inserts a new row each time that he does. He'd like his summary sheet (the main page I'm trying to link this data to) to always reflect this latest "date" row automatically and I'm really not sure how to do that. I can link any one particular cell within that column, but I don't know how have it...

Changing closing totals on closed batches
We have just disovered that our store manager made a royal mess out of some of the register batches in January and February. The closing totals entered by the manager are incorrect, and in some cases caused overages or shortages of several thousand dollars (I disabled the over/short limit checking when the store first opened, and I forget to turn them back on.) Is there any way to change the closing totals for batches which have already been closed and had a Z report run? We know for a fact that the correct amount of cash was taken from the drawer (cash in drawer - opening total = sal...

Interpolate Nearest Date
Howdy Folks, I have two tables in Access. One table contains barometric pressure measurements taken every 10 minutes. The other table has depth to well water measurements taken at different time intervals (some are 30 seconds apart, some are longer) and different locations. I would like to associate the less frequent (barometric pressure) data with the generally more frequent (water level) data. Ultimately, I would like the barometric pressure reading closest in time to the water level reading to be used. If this showed up in a 3rd table, that would be fine, too. The problem is that ...

Creating a template in Excel?
I want to create a spreadsheet that after entering data, the first time a person hits Save it automatically makes them do a Save As. In years past this use to be a template. How can I do this? This is still a template. Just do a save as on your original file and select "Template" which is *.xlt. Roger "KGreen" wrote: > I want to create a spreadsheet that after entering data, the first time a > person hits Save it automatically makes them do a Save As. In years past > this use to be a template. How can I do this? ...

Help creating an Excel Add-in using VS205 in either VB.NET or C#
Hi there, I know that what I'm asking is relatively simple so I would appreciate any help I could get. I want to create an Excel Add-in but I don't want to use VBA. The reason is that I want to hide my code. So what I would like to do is to create an Excel Addin using VS 2005 in either VB.NET or C#. Any sample code out there or perhaps steps by step instructions somewhere on the web as to how to create one? Essentially I want to create an Excel Addin and when I deploy it using an MSI on a machine I want to be able to run a formula something like =MyFormula() and this should ret...

Another Date Question
I have the following in a VBA add-in: Rows(1).Insert Range("A1").Value = "H" Range("B1").Value = MemoNumber Range("C1").Value = Date Range("C1").NumberFormat = "m/d/yyyy" Range("C1").NumberFormat = "@" I use the last three lines to obtain a date in the format m/d/yyyy for input to another process. Problem is, this doesn't always work. I use the exact same code in various places in the add-in. Sometimes it works, sometimes I don't get the format I expect. I have just inserted the row - shouldn't th...

copy partial worksheet to a different worksheet based on date??
Hi, The subject says it all?? How do I copy information from one worksheet to another based on a date? I have a worksheet which I am keeping a list of equipment, date bought, what it is, how much it cost, chargeable or not and where it was bought from. Some of this equipment is chargeable to a customer some not. When I write an invoice I want to insert items from the equipment list which have chargeable as YES or Y into the new invoice, but only for the items which are for the week of the invoice. (That's Monday to Saturday of that week). Once again I'm assuming a Macro of ...

can't create any project with RichEdit... any ideas?
I have tried to create either a dialog based application or an application with view/form class containing a RichEdit control. here is the problem: these applications never stays... yes, that's right.. the debugger starts the program and then its exit immediately (without any action from my side) with error code 0 (which is OK, since I haven't added any code yet). I have try that with 3 machines, with both .NET and VC6.. its Obvious that its my fault, but what is it? TY! donald wrote: > I have tried to create either a dialog based application or an application > with view/fo...

How do i make a Query for a certain Date Range?
Is it possible to create a query to pick out certain year ranges? I have a column for birthdate - this shows as 01-jun-82. I would like to create a query for seperate age ranges such as 15 - 19 years, 20 to 29 years, 30 - 39 years, 40 - 49 years, 50 - 59 years and 60 and over. I would then create a report to view the data. I am hoping that the person would automatically go into the next year once they had their brithday if they went up an age bracket. (e.g if they are 29, and turn 30, next time the report opens, they are in the 30 - 39 section automatically). What would i type in the crite...

text entry converts to Arabic date
When I type the text a0n-n (that is a-zero-n)into a cell (where n refers to any digit) in Excel 2002, it is auto- formatted to a custom format defined by B2d-mmm, and appears in the cell as some Arabic text followed by "-n". This does not happen in Excel 2000 or 2003. Help? Check this KB Article: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=812385 >-----Original Message----- >When I type the text a0n-n (that is a-zero-n)into a cell >(where n refers to any digit) in Excel 2002, it is auto- >formatted to a custom format defined by B2d-mmm, and >appears in the cell as some ...

how do you create a trendline for only the x-axis values in excel
How do you create a trendline for only the x-axis values in excel? In article <501AE616-71DF-4657-BAB8-A21509D3EAA9@microsoft.com>, help@discussions.microsoft.com says... > How do you create a trendline for only the x-axis values in excel? > A trendline shows a relationship between a dependent variable (the y value typically) and an independent variable (or variables). So, what does it mean to have a trendline for only one variable? -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions ...

create a thumbnail
How do you create a thumbnail of a picture using Word 2007? proescheld wrote: > How do you create a thumbnail of a picture using Word 2007? You don't. Expression Web has a thumbnail command, as do some graphics programs, but Word doesn't. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. ...

date format
How do I change the date format to 10-Nov-2003 instead of 11/10/2003 in Outlook? change the date format in windows control panel, regional settings. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - OneNote 2003 Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups.google.com/groups?as_ugroup=microsoft.public.outlook.*&...

creating a table on microsoft excel 2003
I am trying to create a table in excell 2003 its confusing me like crazy i dont know how to insert it or anything, please help. clh wrote: > I am trying to create a table in excell 2003 its confusing me like crazy i > dont know how to insert it or anything, please help. It would be better if you posted a detailed description of exactly what you would like to do. You will get more help that way. gls858 As previously mentioned, please explain in more detail what you are trying to do. At its most basic level, you simply type information into cells in the arrangement you want your ...

"Bills & Deposits" skips next date after matching current payment
In Money 2004, after downloading from bank accounts and matching transactions to "Bills & Deposits," the next payment due date on Bills & Deposits skips the next future date. For example, if a monthly payment on April 1 is matched to the appropriate recurring bill in "Bills & Deposits," the next recurrence will show as June 1 rather than May 1. This also occurs for weekly, biweekly and even yearly recurring bills and deposits. This bug occurs with bills included in the Debt Planner and recurring payments in accounts not included in the Debt Planner (e.g...

Converting numbers to dates
Hi there, I have a spreadsheet that is a download from another program. It has exported the dates in military time with no ":" ie 3:00PM came through as 1500. Through left and right statements I can make it look like 15:00 in a new column and then copy and paste special-values so that the cell is no longer a formula, it is 15:00. Then I format the cell as time, but stays as text. If I hit F2 and enter it converts to time. Unfortunetly the spreadsheet is over 2000 lines. Can anyone help me with this? Winger, you could make a temporary helper column, with =TIME(LEFT(A2,2),RIG...

Notes By Date Order
Hi, Does anyone know if it is going to be possible to display notes in chronological order (for leads and accounts) in version 2 of MS CRM? I know this is achieveable now with Activity Summary from c360. Thanks Lee You can do this now by modifying the activity views. Microsoft for some reason did not include links to modify these views in the System Customization settings, but they are there if you know how to find them. Here's a list of links. Be sure to replace 'crm' in the link with your crm server's name. The one you need is the last one: Associated View: Notes. Good...

Opening tab-delimited files in Excel... how to stop the autoformat of dates? #2
Hello, I'm doing bioinformatics work in which I often download tab-delimite files describing genomes and open them in Excel. Unfortunately, Exce decides that genes with names like APR1 and SEP7 are actually dates and reformats them as such. This is a huge headache, as I often don' notice these problems until much later. Is there anyway to completely disable this date autoformatting? I'v searched high and low and have yet to find a solution. Thanks! P.S. I'm using Excel 200 -- salamande ----------------------------------------------------------------------- salamander&#...

extract data from a date range
Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help me, I have a range of dates with information attached to them, i am trying to figure out how to show only a selected range of them. e.g. i have a range from 10/07/2008 through to 20/3/2010 i only want to view the data from 20/3/2009 through to the 20/3/2010. can any one please show me how i can do this?? use the autofilter -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Detin8" <Detin8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FCE1FEFD-EE48-429D-9F95-D912F03C65C1@microsoft.com... > Hi, > I am wondering if anyon...

Custom dates
Hi all, Can anyone tell me how to format dates thus:- Saturday 9th May? Thanks, Danny use this if you don't need the th. =TEXT(A9,"ddd, d mmmm") or this if you do. You will notice if didn't finish the ifs =TEXT(A9,"ddd, d")&IF(DAY(A9)=1,"st ",IF(DAY(A9)=2,"nd ","th "))&TEXT(A9,"mmmm") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Aardvark" <djurmann(at)hotmail.com> wrote in message news:e04ZSpdNEHA.1388@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi all, > > Can anyone tell me how to format dates t...

Create a functional HTTP/1.0 server.
Hi All, i have to Create a functional HTTP/1.0 server. Server will be hosting files which on request by client should be transferred to them. so can any body tell me how to start this. i did some R & D on Winhttp functionality. ms-help://MS.MSDNQTR.v80.en/MS.MSDN.v80/MS.WIN32COM.v10.en/winhttp/ http/winhttpreceiveresponse.htm but it seems like a perticular URL checking. but i have to create a HTTP Server. so can any body help me out. regards, Rasheed. I would suggest doing a google search for source code that already implements this and implements it well. joe On Thu, 6...