Wennsoft and Great Plains 8.0

I have a client considering moving to GP 8.0 from 7.5.  They have Wennsoft's
project software.

What is the community experience with Wennsoft 8.0?  Good, Bad, Indifferent?

What I'm looking for is information around the upgrade process, "gotcha's",
customizations, etc.

Thank you in advance.

Robert Houdeshell

empty display in place of 0.0 ... possible?
Someone here was kind enough to provide a formula which converts kg in one column to lbs in another. Is it possible where there is no kg value, that the lb value instead of displaying 0.0, displays an empty cell? Thanks, Dave Horne Excel 2007 One way is to apply conditional formatting to the cell, such that if the cell value is zero then the foreground colour is set to white (so it appears blank). Hope this helps. Pete On Jan 7, 10:39=A0am, "Dave Horne" <daveho...@home.nl> wrote: > Someone here was kind enough to provide a formula which converts kg in on= e > co...

How to register CRM Workgroup server 4.0
Hellow, i have a problem with a CRM Workgroup server 4.0 on a Registration Assistant. Fill all the form data but when I give the register button tells me I need an internet connection and not register, the server have connection to internet and everything is ok. I would appreciate some help. Thank's __________ Informaci�n de ESET Smart Security, versi�n de la base de firmas de virus 5356 (20100810) __________ ESET Smart Security ha comprobado este mensaje. http://www.eset.com On Aug 11, 4:34=A0pm, "microsoft" <jcasti...@sbsoftware.es> wrote: > Hellow, i have ...

Importing address books from Eudora 6.0
I have been using Eudora 6.0 and am considering switching to outlook. I was able to Import my email messages to outlook, but not my address books. I have a number of separate address books, so would like to be able to import them into either separate address books or groups in Outlook. Can anyone help Thanks I have the same problem! Did you solve it meanwhile Axel did anyone get this problem fixed i am having the same problem ...

Having great problem with an C# application
Hello! We have a C#.ASP.NET application that runs on a IIS 6. The application contains actually several asp pages but there is no GUI. The application receive an xml file that is processed. There is also an MFC dll that is called from this asp application to make a syntax check on quite many commands. You don't have to know what a command is. The problem that we get is the following when the asp pages calls the MFC dll it will crash in such a way that the whole application pool on the IIS will be restarted. The IIS runs on a windows server 2003. We have added some rows in the MFC dll to ...

CRM and Great Plains Customer Notes Fields
Hi all, Just checking on the CRM/GP integration. I see that using Biztalk Customers in GP can be Accounts/Contacts in CRM. I just wanted to see about the notes of GP Customers and CRM Contacts. Are these shared as well? Can a person edit fully in GP and then have them show up in CRM or vice versa? Just want to make sure of this before proceeding. Thanks. Tavis ...

Bug in payroll arrearage transaction screen GP 9.0
We got an error that locks up GP. To get the error navigate to CARDS >> PAYROLL >> ARREARS TRANSACTIONS. Select an employee that has a fully collected arrearage. Click the ALL option for View:. Now on a transaction with a zero balance, select the date and try to change the date, either by typing or dropping down the calendar and selecting another date. Once you do that, you cannot get the focus off of that field, even if you put the date back to the original. The only fix appears to be end GP with the task manager or reboot. I know there is no reason to need to change the da...

Error Messages #8
Upon sending mail, I occasionally get the error code 0X800CCC0F. After a few attempts the e-mail will be sent. I am also unable to send more than e-mails to more than 5 people at any one time. For those that it doesn't send to I get the error message 'Too Many Recipients'. Any help out there would be greatly appreciated. Andy Porter <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am also unable to send more than e-mails to more than 5 > people at any one time. For those that it doesn't send > to I get the error message 'Too Many Recipients'. ...

Dynamics CRM 4.0
Hi, I've modified the format in the system settings screen to be "English (United Kingdom)", however all dates are still appearing in US format. Even when you expand the calendar control it displays incorrectly. Numeric values are correct - showing the pound sign and correct decimal point. I've restarted IIS, made sure all SQL logins are British English and the default regional settings of the server are set to British English. Even rebooted the server but this still hasn't corrected the problem. Can anybody tell me how to resolve this please Thanks I was looking ...

stacked column chart not baselining at 0
I have a data set with categories in columns A-B, and data in columns C-I. I've configured my chart to use stacked bars for the first 6 data series and a line for the last one. The first 6 are revenue allocations, with the 7th being a cumulative total. Most of the chart looks as expected, but the first category or row of data is displaying oddly. The figures in this row are all negative (or 0), so I expect the top of the bar to sit at zero, but it doesn't. The top of the bar sits at the value of the 7th/line series, so that the bottom of the bar is at 2x that (negative) value. ...

Microsoft Query #8
I'm using Excel to query an oracle database. When I go to Microsoft Query to edit my query, I can't view my criteria or tables. I click on the view menu and am unable to select view "criteria" or "tables". Thus, all that shows up in the screen is the data in my query. This has happend to me before. Can anybody help me? I was able to answer my own question. It seems when query is complicated enough, you are unable to view the criteria, since you are now using SQL to query the data. It seems that if you click on the SQL button and scroll down, delete th...

How to find the check form to use for GP 9.0
I don't want to use Deluxe as our check vendor. I want to use Harland. Microsoft MBS sales just gives us Deluxe's phone number, when we request help with obtaining the correct format for Harland checks. Harland has two check formats for GP payable checks. 1) Great Plains Accounting 7.0 - 9.0 2) Great Plains Dynamics Harland isn't sure and can't reference Deluxe. Thanks, John John, From what I can tell from Harland's website, you want the Laser Multi-Purpose checks they show under Microsoft Great Plains. That's the one with the check in the middle, stub on t...

CRM 3.0 change the format of the of the phone number
I load all phone number with the format +41 44 123 45 67. After usign German SFO clients some of the phone number have been changed on teh CRM server to +41 (44) 123 45 67 (additional parenthesis) and some have been changed to 41 44 123 45 67 (lost +) How can I tell CRM or the SFO client not to change the format of phone number? Anyone have a solution for this? "brunost" <brunost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FEE0BBFA-F583-4E26-ADE7-68E4F8BDAB19@microsoft.com... >I load all phone number with the format +41 44 123 45 67. > > After usign German...

How to remove standard desktop icons in Win CE 5.0
Hi, I am trying to delete standard desktop icons in Win CE 5.0, such as Recycle Bin, My Device, Media Player and Internet Explorer. I wrote an application which runs at boot-up time. In that application, I added the following statements to delete the registry keys for desktop icons. But it did not work. RegDeleteKey( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, TEXT("Explorer\\Desktop\\{000214A0-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}") ); RegDeleteKey( HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, TEXT("Explorer\\Desktop\\{000214A1-0000-0000-C000-000000000046}") ); Any one knows how, please help. Thanks. JH ...

Restoring exchange db after 8 hours
We want to restore the exchange database 8 hours after backup with Arcserve. This doesn´t work. There are no errors, but the database is unmountable. On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 22:47:03 -0700, Restoring exchange database <Restoring exchange database@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We want to restore the exchange database 8 hours after backup with Arcserve. >This doesn�t work. There are no errors, but the database is unmountable. Call Arcserve Support. And don't forget the sacrifical offering to make it work, either. :-) -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne "An...

The Subject Tree is in a different order following 4.0 upgrade
We are working with an instance of CRM that has a quite extensive subject tree. Following the upgrade to V4.0, some of the level 2 or level 3 subjects display in a different order. The subject tree in 3.0 always displayed in alphabetical order but in 4.0 this is not the case. Has anyone else seen this, and is there a way to re-order the subject tree. Yes, I have experienced the same issue with CRM 4.0 at one of the clients. I believed this is a bug in CRM and you should open a support case with Microsoft support to see if they have a hotfix for this issue. Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP...

Caption style is gone, changed to "Style Caption + Left: 0"
I needed to change the formatting of the Caption style, but Word changed the name to "Style Caption + Left: 0". Meanwhile the Caption style is missing from the lists where I can select a style, though it still appears in lists such as the "Based on Style" list. I'm familiar with the style + formatting convention, which lets me use Ctrl-Space to give me the basic version of the style. But I'm unable to turn this new type back into just Caption. Help much appreciated. -- Christopher Brewster Lockheed Martin, Eagan MN Message posted via OfficeKB.com htt...

About enhancing technical skills in MS Dynamics GP 10.0 Manufacturing applications
Hi, I did my certification in MS Dynamics GP 10.0 Manufacturing applications. Now i want to enhance my technical skills for that i need a dummy project, so that i can learn implementing the real life scenarios. I would be much obliged if anybody can help me in this regard. Many thanks, Asif If you are already certified in Manufacturing, now get your hands dirty. Dummy projects are just that -- dummy! -- and will never come close to the real deal. Find a project where you can have a limited participation, then start to take on bigger responsibilities as you go from project to project. T...

CRM 3.0 Error "HTTP 403 (forbidden)" to open Report
Hi, please help me!!! i am a system administrator but i've this problem: if i open some crm's report (for exemple Account Distribution) i'll have this error page: You are not authorized to view this page You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If you believe you should be able to view this directory or page, please try to contact the Web site by using any e-mail address or phone number that may be listed on the www.crmcg.it home p...

Makita TD090DW 10.8-Volt Compact Lithium Ion Cordless Impact Driver Kit
Price:$278.00 Image: http://specialdealfinder.info/image.php?id=B001DN1T9Y Best deal: http://specialdealfinder.info/index.php?id=B001DN1T9Y I brought this for my husband for christmas. I saved over $200 by buying from amazon.com. My husband loves it. I would buy more tools like this in the future. I own the 18 volt tools from makita and love them then this little powerful guy came around and had to have one powerful for the size and nice to hold all day in a service truck and crain thanks makita This is a great tool, small, lightweight with a lot of power. I own a Makita 18 volt LXT and...

Reminders #8
How can I assign 'placement' of reminders on my screen; instead of them popping up on top area of screen, we want them to pop-up at the bottom. Can anyone assist with this answer? ...

CRM 4.0 preview blank ??
Hi I have a customer running CRM 4.0, every machine but one can't show the preview (example) data. No matter if it is on activities or accounts. When the icon is clicked the preview pane is dropped down but theres nothing in it, if we hover the mouse over it, it shows that there are fields ?? Firefox and google chrome is installed on the same pc, it's Vista and IE 7.0 as primary browser. ANY IDEAS ?? Jack ...

Import Data from ACT 6.0
Hi, I would like to import my data from ACT 6.0 into CRM 3.0., Does anybody have step by step instructions in how to do this? Thanks there are multiple options 1 - use the Microsoft data migraiton framework 2 - buy and use scribe migrate 3 - write your own code 4 - buy a 3rd party utility which transfers act to an easier database then extract from that sorry there is no easy quick way to do this ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Behzad1m" <Behzad1m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C19676E-...

Installing Explorer 8 Problems
When it is extacting files it gives error: The procedure entry point SHRegGetValueW can not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll What does this mean?? "Carol" <Carol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06955CD3-ACFD-4425-B45C-B0FBBD335D5A@microsoft.com... > When it is extacting files it gives error: The procedure entry point > SHRegGetValueW can not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll > What does this mean?? That your OS needs to be updated. ...

Integration Manager 9.0 c/w SP1
We recently upgraded to GP 9.0 and Integration Manager 9.0. Upon trying to run our integrations, we find when we run them we are constantly finding the error "DOC 1 ERROR: Null Value not allowed for field “tax” ", yet there is a value in the source data when we preview the table. We've checked the data type and even switched it between the various allowed types with no success. We have further found that the system doesn't see the children in the relationship. When we select "There must be at least 1 record in the child for each record in the master", i...

=?Utf-8?Q?H=C3=BCcre_=C4=B0=C3=A7indeki_Say=C4=B1n=C4=B1n_YTL_Olara?= =?Utf-8?Q?k_yaz=C4=B1ya_=C3=A7evrilmesi?=
Kullandığım program dışında excel üzerinde manuel fatura kesmek istiyorum. KDV hesaplanmasını formülle yaptırıyorum fakat çıkan sonucun faturanın altında yazılı halde gözükmesini istiyorum. Örneğin: Toplam Tutar : 650,50 YTL YANLIZ : Altıyüzelliyeniliraellikuruş KULLANDIĞIM PROGRAM : Microsoft Windows XP, Professional, Versiyon 2002 ...