Web Services Create Sales Order - Customer credit limit has been exceeded!

Whenever I use the GP Web Services to attempt to enter a sales order for a
customer that has a credit limit set (i.e. - credit limit = $0), I get the
exception "Customer credit limit exceeded".  The request message that I send
to the CreateSalesOrder() method contains both line items and payments, but
it seems that GP ignores the payments while it's posting the line items.
When I set the customer's credit limit to "Unlimited" the order goes through
just fine...

Two questions:
1)  What are the "pre-requisites" that consitute a "payment" that satisfies
the credit limit requirement?  Currently, I am populating the
SalesOrder.Payments[] object with one credit card Payment object, populating
the Type, PaymentCardTypeKey, and PaymentAmount properties of that Payment
object.
2)  Is there any way around this issue, short of giving the customer
unlimited credit (won't get past the auditors!)

Thanks in advance,
Jess Chadwick

0
jchadwick (9)

Are you setting the payment aount on the sales order object?  (ie setting the
payment aount on the header)

"Jess Chadwick" wrote:

> Whenever I use the GP Web Services to attempt to enter a sales order for a
> customer that has a credit limit set (i.e. - credit limit = $0), I get the
> exception "Customer credit limit exceeded".  The request message that I send
> to the CreateSalesOrder() method contains both line items and payments, but
> it seems that GP ignores the payments while it's posting the line items.
> When I set the customer's credit limit to "Unlimited" the order goes through
> just fine...
>
> Two questions:
> 1)  What are the "pre-requisites" that consitute a "payment" that satisfies
> the credit limit requirement?  Currently, I am populating the
> SalesOrder.Payments[] object with one credit card Payment object, populating
> the Type, PaymentCardTypeKey, and PaymentAmount properties of that Payment
> object.
> 2)  Is there any way around this issue, short of giving the customer
> unlimited credit (won't get past the auditors!)
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Jess Chadwick

0
chrishet (13)