web service fails when text field on invoice are having apostrophe

We have a procedure 'Invoice Close' (xfer to GP) .This procedure fails for
invoices that include an apostrophe in the Sales Order Description.

Need help how to handle this.
0
mundada (1)

In your code, you'll need to wrap the apostrophe. This error is caused by web
services or sql stored procedures that can not handle the apostrophe
character and treat it as a text qualifier. For more information, consult
MSDN.

-Mike

--
Micheal LoPatriello
Coordinator,

"jagdish mundada" wrote:

> We have a procedure 'Invoice Close' (xfer to GP) .This procedure fails for
> invoices that include an apostrophe in the Sales Order Description.
>
> Need help how to handle this.
0
mlopat (88)

How to auto populate fields based on primary contact.
Hi, I hope someone can help, i an new to MS CRM and am trying to workout how to auto populate the primary contact job title, phone no and email based on the primary contact, and to update them is the primary contact changes. I have looked on the web and it appears i should be able to use a workflow, OnChange event or field mappings to achieve this. Would someone be able to tell me which would be the best option and some idea of how to do it. Thanks Richy81 You need custom code to do it, either a callout (3.0)/plug-in (4.0) or an OnChange event handler calling the web services. Some...

Build of plain MFC DLL fails in VC7.1
I cannot get the MFC DLL code generated by the Visual Studio .Net 2003 wizard to compile/build successfully. I create a "new" project (Project Type: Visual C++ Projects->MFC, and template: MFC DLL), with DLL type="Regular DLL using sharded MFC DLL". Once the files are created, I try to "build solution" or " build projectName", and all I get is a message on the "Output" pane: Build log was saved at "file://e:\srs_mdl_cpp_v8_code\dllTest3\Debug\BuildLog.htm" dllTest3 - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s) ---------------------- Done -----------...

Columns with text on same side with Footnotes & Pictures
I originally posted this to the Word forum and was suggested to also post here to see if anyone could help... I have an unusual formatting situation - I have a memoir written by my Danish Great Grandfather and I want to present the translation in the left column and the English translation on the right. I also want to include footnotes and insert pictures throughout that help illustrate parts of the memoir. I essentially want each column to not do an automatic column break but continue on the same side for subsequent pages. Then, the original text and the English translation would a...

Expression Web Easter Giveaway
Expression Web Easter Giveaway http://www.frontpage-to-expression.com/expression-web-giveaway.html * What prizes do I have a chance to win? First Prize - Microsoft Expression Web 3.0 x 1 Second Prize - Migrating from FrontPage to Expression Web Ebook v2.0 x 2 Third Prize - Expression Web Tips vol l & ll Ebooks x 3 **Special Prize is - SEO Tools for Expression Web 3 OR SEO Toolbar for Expression Web 2 OR SEO Toolbar for Expression Web 1 * When does it start and end? 12th March 2010 - 30th April 2010. * What do I have to do to enter the drawing? Simply download and...

Sending entire objects via socket vs primitive message fields
I am using a library called "The Network Development Kit". http://www.codeproject.com/internet/ndk.asp The kit allows me to easily establish client/server connections and assemble "messages" (consisting of strings, integers, etc) to pass back and forth between the client and server. With my initial protocol design, I have been passing data via the primitive data field types (strings, int's, etc). The basic logic flow requires me to: 1) Deconstruct the object and assemble the varying field values into a CNDKMessage. 2) Send that message to the server and reconstruct th...

need query to random update field with 0,1,2,3 or 4
Hi, I need to update a field with a random number 0 1 2 3 or 4 in order to test a report. Can anyone set me up with a query for this? There is no criteria to update from, it should update all records in the table. Thanks, Robbie On Tue, 7 Aug 2007 12:06:30 -0700, "Rob" <rob@nospam.com> wrote: >Hi, I need to update a field with a random number 0 1 2 3 or 4 in order to >test a report. Can anyone set me up with a query for this? There is no >criteria to update from, it should update all records in the table. > >Thanks, >Robbie > UPDATE yourtable SE...

counting total cells with text
Hi , I have a column with text and blanks and I am trying to count the total number of cells with text. I searched through this site and found something with COUNTA() - COUNT() but this doesn't work because I have no numerical values. Any ideas are sincerely appreciated Thank you -- peace ------------------------------------------------------------------------ peace's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27035 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=444459 One way =ROWS(A1:A20)-COUNTBLANK(A1:A20) -- bill k -...

Unable to create attribute thorough metadata service
Hi, I am getting "The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized." error message when I am Trying to create picklist attribute through metadata Webservice in Console Application. I have written the below code. Please help. metadatacrmsdk.CrmAuthenticationToken token = new metadatacrmsdk.CrmAuthenticationToken(); token.OrganizationName = "DEVWIPRO2"; // You can use enums.cs from the SDK\Helpers folder to get the enumeration for Active Directory authentication. token.AuthenticationType = 0; // Create the metadata Web service. metadatacrmsdk.MetadataService...

Web address for Office components bug reports?
What is the website address for reporting suspected bugs in Office 2004 components? In article <BCDF9E08.E0A%nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu>, "Norman R. Nager, Ph.D." <nnager@vnoxsxpxaxmv.fullerton.edu> wrote: > What is the website address for reporting suspected bugs in Office 2004 > components? In any application, choose Help/Send Feedback on <application>, which will take you to this URI: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/feedback/suggestion.asp However, if you haven't posted it here as well, please do so! Thanks, J.E., for the web address a...

Workflow to update a memo field with a field from another record
I would like to update/append to a memo field in an account record whenever the status of an associated opportunity is won. The problem is, that the update object action gives me the option to update the account memo field, but doesn't let me select another field, it just lets me put in text. Is there a way to put something in this text field that MSCRM will pull out the field from the opportunity...say: {Opportunity.memofieldname}? or will it always assume what is being entered is just text? Thank you in advance, Rob Rob, Sounds like you are going beyond what the workflow actions are...

E-mail SOP invoices
We have over 1500 invoices produced a month which currently are printed and stuffed and mailed. We want to e-mail these. I know we can print individually and use the send to feature but is there a way to do this for all at once? Yes there is! It is called The eBill! Series from Hawk Mountain Software. You can contact them at 610-562-8222 and ask for my dear friend Mr. Mike Mozeko. Or you can visit their order page at http://www.hawkmountain.com/order.htm. They have their prices published, so you will not have any surprises. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum...

Concatenate Field for Report/Query
I have a table with just Authors that has a relationship to the Title table. In most instances there is more than one author per title. When running a query/report that lists "Title -- Author" I get: Book 1 -- John Smith Book 1 -- Jane Doe Book 1 -- John Gray Book 2 -- Mary Poppins Book 2 -- Dick White I would like the report to say: Book 1 -- John Smith, Jane Doe, John Gray Book 2 -- Mary Poppins, Dick White Can you concatenate only one field like the Author field? If so how do you do it, what's the code, and do you put the code in the query or in the report? See whether ...

Allow completed service activities to be re-opened
Depending on the role/rights of the user, being able to open completed service activities would be useful - activities may have been accidently closed, or if representing a service activity over a few days (or weeks) there may be some difference of opinion whether a task is completed necessitating the item to be re-opened. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open th...

DPM Failed to communicate with protection agent
Hi, We have installed DPM 2010RC and SharePoint 2010Beta (stand alone installation). We have backed up data and when we try to restore one file back to original location without using recovery farm we are getting below error message. DPM failed to communicate with the protection agent on <SharePoint_SERVERNAME> becuase the agent is not responding. (ID:43) The agent staus shows OK. Any Suggestion.. Once this issue is reproed, can you please mail the logs present under %DPMINSTALLDIR%\temp\* from both DPM and the Sharepoint Server to praveend [at] microsoft [dot] ...

Is it possible for an unauthorized app to communicate with a service?
There are a lot of programs that install a Windows service as well as a system tray app. The system tray app can be run by any user, and usually allows the user to change program settings. If a non-administrative user runs the system tray app and changes some settings, the changes are usually saved not just for that user, but for all users. This means that it isn't the system tray app that is saving the changes (since it was run by a non-administrative user and therefore doesn't have permission to save changes for all users). Instead the system tray app must be communicating...

modify field type of existing field in table
Is it possible to modify the existing field type while in the tabledef collection? Set tdeF = db.TableDefs("CLMPMedians") tdeF.Fields.Append tdeF.CreateField("StationNum", dbInteger) tdeF.Fields("Median").Type = dbDouble I don't see a reason to through in an ALTER TABLE SQL command if I'm already doing indexing and field work in the TableDef. I have seen code to create a new field with new type and new size, adding it to the table, then deleting the old field and renaming the new field, is that really necessary? Is there no "short ...

Adding same data to a field in many records
I have a table of contacts that are given 'types' via a look up table, e.g. Speaker, Audience etc and a second table of events that these contacts attend - a third table records which contacts attend which events (a many to many relationship). I would like to be able to choose all my audience types for example from a set county and in one operation assign them to one event, rather than having to assign them individually! Is this possible? I have a query that pulls out my contact types with the relevant attendance field ready to receive the Event ID but thereafter I am stuck - al...

Outlook 2003
Kind of a funky setup... I have a mortgage company I support that has internal mail services provided by Exchange and external/Internet mail services provided by an ISP. The internal domain is 'domainname.local' and the external domain is 'domainname.com'. When using Outlook 2000, we had setup delivery services to where Outlook would try to send via the ISP first, then use Exchange. If the recipient were external, the mail would deliver via SMTP through the ISP. However, if it were internal, Outlook would send the email via Exchange services. Now that we've started up...

GP9 SP2 failed prematurely
while installing GP9 SP2 on an XP machines (SP2), the installed failed prematurely. any advice? whats your error message? let us know ? "HFLo" wrote: > while installing GP9 SP2 on an XP machines (SP2), the installed failed > prematurely. > > any advice? > If you mean the service pack install failed, then you should be able to just re-run it. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions, Inc. "HFLo" <HFLo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:69199797-216C-499E-9B03-8005805D64BB@microsoft.com... > while installing GP...

Query Field Criteria
I have an Access program with several tables, queries and reports; thousands of data points. I have a field named "Capacity" belonging to tblCapacity which also has fields plantCode, Year... I want to create a query to display the capacity for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 for each plant. i.e. split the field "Capacity" into 5 separate fields - can this be done by supplying "Criteria"? It would look like this: Plant Company Capacity 2006 Capacity 2007 Capacity 2008 .... - - - - - - ...

Cannot enter certain text in cell
I have a very strange question. I cannot enter the text NWE in any cell. Excel changes the entry to NEW. Is NWE a reserved word? The only way I was able to do it was to enter =upper("nwe") in the cell. What is going on? TIA, -GB Go to Auto correct option Excel 2003 - Tools | Autocorrect options | under Autocorrect Tab | Replace : nwe | you will find 'new' | click delete Excel 2007 - office button | Excel options | Proofing | Autocorrect option | Replace : nwe | you will find 'new' | click delete Now try to type NWE in any cell. On Nov 16, 4:54=A0am, "...

colored text prints black on embedded excel charts
Just upgraded to XP Pro machines from NT and are still using office 2k. For some reason (possibly a memory problem?) when I drop in a label or text box and color the font to something other than black it may or may not print in color and after second send to print will only print in black. It appears fine on the screen though. Any known workarounds for this? Thanks~ Aminna Aminna - You may need updated drivers so the printers work with XP. Check the manufacturer's web site. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions ...

Integrating apps into corporate web site...
Hello: This may be a somewhat broad question, though I am looking for a more specific answer. We want to integrate the features of MSN Messenger 6.0 and Live Meeting Presenter or Premier into our web site using .net XML web services. Intending, of course, to host live corporate conferences and chats via the web site using all application features. Is this possible? We need a good starting point. Thanks. ...

Copying fields in backend
Hi Access Group. Can somebody help me with my problem. Scenarium: I have an Access backend, only with tables ;-). These tables are updated with data written from a program which is not developed in Access. I have no forms in the backend in which I can call Modules or Subcodes. What I need is that when the table "tbl_prod" has been updated with new data, then the text value of field "tbl_prod.Article" is to be copied into the emty field "tbl_prod.Barcode" of the updated record. Is it possible to made this copy only in the table field settings, or can it be do...

Text bullets
How do you recommend adding text-only "bullets" to a document? I have a frequent need to create one or more styles that add a specific word to the start of a paragraph, such as special notices (Tip:, Caution:, Note:, Danger:, etc.) or other content (e.g., GAP: in a gap analysis report). It would be nice to include this in the paragraph style as a bullet so that its use is consistent. -- lcshrm See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA.htm (Word 2003 and earlier) or http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/QandA2007.htm, as appropriate. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill ...