web commerce for GP and also multiple categories

2 questions (1 about the Inventory Module, and the other about GP web
commerce)

1) We currently use the Category Field on the Item Maintenance Options
screen to categorize our products under areas such as

-topic
-target audience
-format

etc etc

There are 6 "Categories" from which you can choose, and then you can
apply a value to one of those 6 categories.  The thing is that our
client wants to assign multiple values to a product for a given
category.  For example, let's say we sell DVDs.  If a movie is in
English, Spanish, and French on 1 DVD we need to be able to go to the
Language category and assign ALL THREE languages to this category.

Is there any plug-in or solution for expanding upon the native
Catorization functionality built into the "Item Maintenance" options
screen such that we'll be able to do many values for each category (as
opposed to 1 value per category).  We have GP 7.5.

2) Regarding a web storefront, what are the options outside of building
an econnect storefront from scratch that will enable us to create an
ecommerce storefront with Great Plains.  I've found the following 2
third party solutions:

-Nodus eStore Advantage
-eCatalog from Azox

Has anyone worked with these?  What do you think of them?  Are there
any others?

0
rwuhrman (30)

Rob,
You can use Extender to store additional Data.
For v7.5 you will have to buy it directly from eone - www.eonesolutions.net
It is now being distibuted by miscrosoft in v8 and your service plans will
switch to MBS automatically when you upgrade.

I have worked with Nodus on their credit card processing side.  Good
company.
Estore Advantage has a run-time license of eConnect, so you can do quite a
bit with it.

HS

"Rob Wuhrman" <rwuhrman@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>2 questions (1 about the Inventory Module, and the other about GP web
> commerce)
>
> 1) We currently use the Category Field on the Item Maintenance Options
> screen to categorize our products under areas such as
>
> -topic
> -target audience
> -format
>
> etc etc
>
> There are 6 "Categories" from which you can choose, and then you can
> apply a value to one of those 6 categories.  The thing is that our
> client wants to assign multiple values to a product for a given
> category.  For example, let's say we sell DVDs.  If a movie is in
> English, Spanish, and French on 1 DVD we need to be able to go to the
> Language category and assign ALL THREE languages to this category.
>
> Is there any plug-in or solution for expanding upon the native
> Catorization functionality built into the "Item Maintenance" options
> screen such that we'll be able to do many values for each category (as
> opposed to 1 value per category).  We have GP 7.5.
>

> 2) Regarding a web storefront, what are the options outside of building
> an econnect storefront from scratch that will enable us to create an
> ecommerce storefront with Great Plains.  I've found the following 2
> third party solutions:
>
> -Nodus eStore Advantage
> -eCatalog from Azox
>
> Has anyone worked with these?  What do you think of them?  Are there
> any others?

0
HSalim (1270)
10/5/2005 10:14:43 PM
Extender is the easiest way to go for tracking additional information about
your items. I have a customer that has a window with about 12 additional
fields. I believe you would need to purchase Extender through a partner from
eOne Solutions, the developers. I don't know if Microsoft has a 7.5
compatible version to sell.

I have spoken to two different people about their experience with Azox and
both reported glowing results.

"Rob Wuhrman" wrote:

> 2 questions (1 about the Inventory Module, and the other about GP web
> commerce)
>
> 1) We currently use the Category Field on the Item Maintenance Options
> screen to categorize our products under areas such as
>
> -topic
> -target audience
> -format
>
> etc etc
>
> There are 6 "Categories" from which you can choose, and then you can
> apply a value to one of those 6 categories.  The thing is that our
> client wants to assign multiple values to a product for a given
> category.  For example, let's say we sell DVDs.  If a movie is in
> English, Spanish, and French on 1 DVD we need to be able to go to the
> Language category and assign ALL THREE languages to this category.
>
> Is there any plug-in or solution for expanding upon the native
> Catorization functionality built into the "Item Maintenance" options
> screen such that we'll be able to do many values for each category (as
> opposed to 1 value per category).  We have GP 7.5.
>

> 2) Regarding a web storefront, what are the options outside of building
> an econnect storefront from scratch that will enable us to create an
> ecommerce storefront with Great Plains.  I've found the following 2
> third party solutions:
>
> -Nodus eStore Advantage
> -eCatalog from Azox
>
> Has anyone worked with these?  What do you think of them?  Are there
> any others?

0
CharlesAllen (483)

multiple CD's, same bank
I've got multiple CD's opened up at the same bank. They are all under the same account number, but each under a separate heading. Each of the CD's mature at a different time, and they will be rolled over into new CD's over the next 18 years. Futhermore, my bank provides online banking services directly within MS Money, including automated download of statements. So...what would be the best way to set up these accounts in Money? Should I create one account named CD and then make a cash transaction for each CD? Should I set up each CD as an individual investment accou...

One Entry to Multiple Rows

Downloading multiple messages
All of a sudden outlook has started downloading multiple messages from my pop account (ie 22 of the same) It is also sending out 22 of the same message. How can I resolve this issue? What version of Outlook do you have? Does it download duplicates of *all* messages, or just of one or two messages? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "GW" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:005101c3bf4c$e748bf30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > All of a sudden outlook has started do...

View as web page in OWA
in OWA 2002, i remember there is a feature "View as web page" on the right side of the email. in OWA 2003, after open the received email, such feature no longer there. Anyway to enable this feature? ...

Categories deleted converting from Quicken
Hi folks, I just converted from Q2003 Premier to the Money 2005 Trial 2 days ago. I noticed today that a number of categories have been removed from the transactions in my checking account and credit card accounts. What I've noticed so far: 1. All sub-accounts for Utilities were gone. This wasn't too bad because I could use find replace since the payee name has been the same on these for all years I have in Quicken/Money. 2. All sub-accounts under Insurance were gone. 3. The category Groceries came over, but there were no transactions in it. Quicken had several hundred...

Upgrade GP 9.0 SP2 to GP 10.0 Advice
Hi, We are planning our upgrade of GP9.0 SP2 to GP10.0. We are running SQL 2000 and would like to also upgrade to SQL 2005. I am using the following url (and read some threads on this forum): https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/knowledgebase/hottopics/hot_topic_updatingmicrosoftdynamicsgp10.htm?printpage=false (page: Updating to Microsoft Dynamics GP 10.0) The chart Microsoft provides says I can go from 9.00.0281 (which is SP2) to 10.0 or any patch install. What does "any patch install" mean? Does this mean I can't go directly to 10.0 Feature Pack 1? Would i...

Multiple Sales Transaction for Same Work Order
I am in the process of trying to create a store level report by department, catagory, and item of the moneys received in total by both deposit on work orders and on direct sales that are not work orders. We require a 100% deposit (of a single tender type) on work orders. I then need to break this deposit down by department, catagory and item. Then I must add that to the same break down for direct sales. Thereby getting a total of all moneys received during a specified period for the store across all registers. So basically I am trying to figure out the data structure and org...

Multiple Language Issues
Hi all, Has anyone successfully manually updated a non-English supported 5.5 to 2003? (The reason for the manual update was a broken admin account.) Mail and contacts were all exported to PST files, and then imported to 2003. However, although the text of the messages is fine (English and Russian), the text for contact names and message subjects gets gorched if they contained any Russian text. Does anyone know the correct sequence to follow to take messages and contacts in Russian (or other languages) from 5.5 to 2003, while retaining the non-English subject lines and contact names? ...

Need Help With GP Item Pricing
GP ITEM PRICING I need to use “Bucket Pricing” for items in GP. For example below is the pricing schedule that I need to use. First 20 …………….$ 1.75 Next 280 ……………… 1.36 Next 700 ……………… 1.23 Next 2,000 ……………… 1.09 Over 3,000 ……………… .82 So if I had a Qty. of 350 it would be as follows 20 * 1.75 = 35 280 * 1.36 = 380.80 50 * 1.23 = 61.50 Total : $477.30 In GP I can only set it up to do a “Quantity Range” in the Item Price List Maintenance window. Problem is if I set it up that way and enter a quantity of 350 it will default to the $1.23 ...

Get firefox- The fastest web browser in the world!
FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web browser in whole world download now from site: http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ joke-master wrote: > FireFox is a web browser created by Mozilla,it's the fatest web > browser in whole world > download now from site: > http://hot-firefox.blogspot.com/ > If you don't mind it's memory leaks. If you re-boot each day it may not be a problem for you. Al ...

Multiple Report Dictionaries
We just acquired another company and some of the modified reports will need to be different than the ones we currently use. There are a few people that will need to work with both companies in Great Plains. Is there a way to change which reportws dictionary a company uses - or a user uses - without editing the launch file? Thanks,, Mike You could have two installations of the client on the workstation. Each installation would have a different dictionary file. The user would have to pick the right one. "MikeW" <MikeW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

how do I keep email messages online and also go to outlook
When I open outlook my email messages go to outlook and if I am away from home can no longer open my yahoo mail account or att mail acount and see my messages because then downloaded into my outlook. Is there a way to have the move ot outlook, but not leave my online account? Set Outlook to leave messages on the server for the accounts in question. -- Russ Valentine "jann" <jann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:146B7F22-72FC-4BF6-A672-06EC5ED88C87@microsoft.com... > When I open outlook my email messages go to outlook and if I am away from &...

in Publisher I want to merge/send email with multiple attachments
Using Publisher 2007 I know how to do a merge and then email out from a list. Publisher gives the option to attach multiple attachments to the email but when the send actually goes out it only carries the first of the attachments and discards the others. Is there a trick to making multiple attachments stay attached? or is this a bug... Thanks to anyone who can clear this up.. Rust Gilbert Rust, Since you already know how to do email merges in Publisher 2007, you're probably the ideal person to answer my question...I have been trying to do an email merge using an existing publis...

Web Interface
Hello I have installed CRM 3.0 and am trying to log into the web interface however all I get is service unavailable. Everything is running that I can tell is there anywhere in the logs I should be looking for errors? When I try and open Work flow I got this error: "The specified Microsoft CRM server is not responding. This might happen if it is currently unavailable, it is not a Microsoft CRm server. Or you are not a valid user" I understand I need to log into crm via the WEB however when I go to the default site (http://dino:5555) all I get is service unavailable. We have ...

Can I embed or link multiple .pdf files into or to an excel file?
I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked files print along with it. use hyper link "GrubbyG" wrote: > I would like to link .pdf files to an excel file. Within my excel file I > would like to have a column that has file names in it. Then have excel link > those files to the excel file so when I print the excel file all the linked > files print along with it. ...

Sending multiple Emails so each person does not get the list
We want to send out multiple emails to several email accounts. We dont want the accounts to see the list of accounts that the email went to. How does one do this in Outlook? In any contacts folder, Tools | Mail Merge is the best choice. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message = ...

Saving as web page
When publishing spreadsheets as web pages I would like to set the page to fit within a full screen view. I have some that fit and some that don't and I've worked with the formats in Excel to fit everything within the screen on all of them, but that doesn't seem to help. Can I set the format to do this? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Jeff ...

Web service error
When I Call the CRM webservice from an aspx page the first time I get this error System.Net.WebException: The request failed with HTTP status 401: Unauthorized. at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.ReadResponse(SoapClientMessage message, WebResponse response, Stream responseStream, Boolean asyncCall) at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters) If I click refresh it gets me the correct data. Could this be the solution ? Anyone tried it http://support.microsoft.com/kb/885274 -----------------------------...

Online payment for bills with special categories, possible?
For instance I have bills for my credit card or loan payments that I have categorized as either "credit card payment: Amex" or "Loan Payment: Wells Fargo". When I view the bills in the summart there is no option to pay these online. Am I missing something? ...

Publish A Workbook Onto The Web, Then Access Using My Web Browser.
How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved it as a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can type in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a remote computer. Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all be done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party? -- sigmad You have to have a website first of all, otherwise, where do you want to host this page? "sigmad&q...

Sales for Outlook Web Site question
Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it supposed to copy files to \inetpub\wwwroot\ or repoint the Default Web Site to another directory? I am getting errors clicking on the Activities, Accounts, etc. and the "Promote E-mail to CRM Activity" button... Yes, it uses Cassini on port 2525. No, files don't need to be copied to inetpub. Mike "Jim Scavuzzo" <NOSPAM-scavuzzoj@ecg-inc.com> wrote in message news:eTbk8jW9DHA.2044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it > suppose...

Add Item to GP Menu
Does anyone have instructions on how to add items to the GP menu? I believe it can be done with Dexterity, but I have no idea what file to modify or how to use Dexterity. Thanks. "Ryan" wrote: > Does anyone have instructions on how to add items to the GP menu? I believe > it can be done with Dexterity, but I have no idea what file to modify or how > to use Dexterity. > > Thanks. Hi Ryan Please look at the Integration Guide PDF manual installed with Dexterity. Part 5 explains the navigation model and how to work with command forms, commands and menus. T...

Outlook 2003
Hi, Anyone know if it is possible to save multiple calendar selection views in Outlook 2003 yet ? For example a receptionist may have the ability to view say twenty or so users calendars. When she closes Outlook and opens it up again she has to select them all over again. I see lots of people wanting to do this and being told that it's not possible...or at least the posts I've read thus far. Jim. ...

Supporting multiple excel versions from .NET
Hi, I am using excel automation to write data to Excel. I am using Excel 9 and I using early binding to create the objects. I would like to support Excel versions 9 and upwards. To run the same application on a production system, with office XP,( which has only the framework installed), should I distribute the olb file, that I used while referencing, along with my installation? Are there any other dependencies, that I need to take care? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. ...

How do I remove multiple hyperlinks in the same cell (Excel)?
I have multiple hyperlinks in one Excel cell, each separated by a hard return (ALT-Enter). I can remove the hyperlinks using: -- right click > remove hyperlink -- or by using a macro but I cannot get this to work on multiple links in one cell. When I do this, all links go into one line separated by a square box. I have had to create a separate line for the second hyperlink, and this is making my spreadsheet look out of alignment. Please help! ...