w2 and State information

This year the W2 grabbed the state information from the company information
card, but used only the first 2 characters, so if in my company information I
had Missouri as the state, W2 listed the state as MI.  GP needs to either
limit the state designation to 2 letters in the company info page or change
the way state W2 info is taken from within GP.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=c2a0ebc3-e559-4b54-abe7-aad9b99175c7&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
Smith1 (93)

Year to Date information on pay stub
Currently the system only shows pay codes with a YTD value for those codes that appear on a given pay period. Any pay code that may have been used in a prior period is not shown. At any given time, employees do not know what the YTD details are for specific codes that would have been a factor on previous pays. This is a real problem at year end when employees want to verify T4 values against their last pay stub for the year and the value may not show. The payroll register does show this detail on a pay by pay basis, so why can't these values be applied to a pay stub? Please adv...

State field not working in Mail Merge
I tried doing a mail merge for labels from a list of accounts; however the State/Province field will not display. Has anyone else run into this or have a solution? Thanks. ...

does any tools of VS.net can gather information on the performance of te xml web service?
thx ...

Create a new column using information from separate columns
Hello! Another question that I posted under Access, I hope this is the right place to ask this. I have a little bit of a problem, and I wasn't able to find the solution anywhere. I have column A "Title" that is linked with column B "Day of the week". Each title can have 1, 2 or 3 days of the week (which will then be column C, D, etc). It looks like this: TITLE DAY1 DAY2 DAY3 Math Mon Tue History Tue Fri Mon English Wed Mon How can I create a new column that lists all the "titles" that appear on Monday and a separate column fo...

Ignore the troll I need information
Got a system that has been malware comprimised. I need to get into the administrator account. We only see one user. How do I tell Vista I want acess to the administrator account? -- Member - Liberal International This is doctor@nl2k.ab.ca Ici doctor@nl2k.ab.ca God, Queen and country! Never Satan President Republic! Beware AntiChrist rising! http://twitter.com/rootnl2k http://www.myspace.com/502748630 USenet NEwsgroups is the ULTMIATE form of blogging and social networking! While In the PC Logout Do a CTRL +ALT +DEL and select Login put Administrator Password Should be ...

"Information store could not be opened"
I am trying to set up an e-mail account in Outlook 2003 on a 64 bit machine running Windows 7. I have tired this many ways, so I will generally describe the basic scenarios: 1) I open Outlook without an e-mail account setup in control panel--->mail...the wizard in outlook takes me through the process of setting up the account...the test is complete in the configuration wizard as though the mail account worked...no luck, I get the error message telling me "the information store could not be opened" 2) I set up an e-mail account in control panel-->mail...i get...

Complex MFC State Issue.
I have an MFC SDI app. Through a menu option, the user shows a modeless dialog (a resource in the ..exe). Then, through another menu option the user shows a modal dialog (a resource in a .dll). Now, this DLL is not an MFC Extension DLL, just a regular Win32 DLL that links to MFC to show dialogs and such. The header file that defines the exports of the DLL hide any reference of MFC (this is so that console and ATL applications can link to the DLL and have it show dialogs). Now, my problem happens when I have the modeless dialog (.exe resource) open. Then I open the modal dialog that ...

Exchange Information Store will not start
Yesterday we installed the lastest patch from Microsoft on our Enterprise Server 2003 machine that has our Exchange Server 2003 on it. When I brought the machine back up, everything started but the "Microsoft Exchange Information Store." I tried manually restarting it, but it will not restart. All of the services necessary to start MEIS are up and running. The error code I get is 0 and when I look at the even log it simply says failed to initialize VSERVER. We are running the prerelease version of Exchange Server 2003. I suspect the issue will be resolved when I install the f...

unable to open default email folders. The information store could not be opened
When I open Outlook 2003, I get a message that says "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The information store could not be opened" When I go to modify the account and change the server name, it has a FQDN in there that says nvheathorn01.nvheathorn.com and it resolves to a public IP. How can I get it to accept my servers local private IP? If I type in the local address for the exchange server name, it gets changed automatically to the FQDN. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. ...

Information Stores Dismount unexpectedly
Hi, I have an exchange 2003 server deployed using the NAS option. The exchange server is a windows 2003 standard. The NAS box is a windows 2003 storage server. It has been operating for some time now without incident. However, recently the following occiured: -The Mailbox store and the Public folder store both dismounted unexpectedly. In reviewing the event logs, I found the following event: Event Type: Information Event Source: MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store Event Category: General Event ID: 1221 Date: 9/28/2005 Time: 8:12:02 PM User: N/A Computer: MINTAKA Description: The database &q...

Displaying custom entity information
I have a custom entity in which I am storing key data about an account. Question: Is there a way to setup a left navigation bar access to the custom entity that immediately goes to the form itself instead of the 1 to many relationship list screen for creating NEW custom entities records? In essence a 1 to 1 relationship that simply displays the tabs and fields that make up the entity. ...

Information Store Size #5
I have a client running SBS2000 which I will be upgrading to SBS2003 w/Exchange SP2 to take advantage of the new Treo700W. I'm trying to get the databases as small as possible before the migration. The Priv is the only real issue. The EDB is 10.8GB and the STM is just under 2GB. I exported the mailbox resources to a CSV and added up the sizes and it came to 5.8GB. I would assume the actual number is less when you figure single-instance store space savings. Is the balance in the "Deleted Item Retention" and is there any way to report on those numbers? how much whitesp...

Inform the form for an action
Hello, I have a small problem and I would appreciate it if someone could answer me. I have created for my company an MFC control (No need to know more). Lets say an edit box or a grid. That control resides on the form and receives user input. I can simply trap the user input and take the appropriate actions. Lets say that it is using the message WM_CHANGE. But... my problem is the following: How can I make the form realize that a special condition (on the control) has been met and take the appropriate action? e.g when the control reaches the maximum number of characters entered I wa...

Using Outlook Contact Information to Send a Letter to a Contact using a Custom Word Template
The feature works fine until you try to use a template other than normal.dot. When you use any other template, only the headers and footers appear in your letter - none of the text that is part of the template. My custom template does have the word "Letter" in it (required for the feature to display it in the wizard) and it is recognized by the wizard as a valid template by it's appearance in the wizard dialog box. Any ideas about how to make the Outlook feature export the contact data as well as make the custom template text appear in the letter that is based on it? - Rik Yo...

Information from images in headers not being shown
I have a document and in the header of that document there are various images. These have been inserted and linked. I can see the links in the Links dialog. I have a script that should at least show the path and filename of these images. It only does that for other images that are not in the header. Nobne of the images in the document are inline, and while this script works for the "body" images, it does not return any details on the "header" images. Sub sd() Dim myShape As Shape For Each myShape In ActiveDocument.Shapes MsgBox myShape.LinkFormat.S...

Hide version-information tab in properties in Visual C / C++
Hi @ all, i´ve got a question: Some DLLs, for example some network driver DLLs, do not show the versioninformation in the properties-dialog (right klick -> properties). With the GetFileVersionInfo()-API-function I also can´t get any versioinformation. I opened the DLL with a hex editor and found that there is a versioninformation at the accordant position. When I open the DLL with Visual Studio the resource editor also shows the version resource with the accordant informations! How can I read these informations with c++? How the programmer of the DLL was able to hide the version...

Store email with user information
There should be a field on the user setup window to store that user's email address. This way adminstrators could run a report and mass email the system users. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/Ne...

system state
do i always have to back system state when backing up exchange 2003 server? and do i always have to restore at same time? i tried to restore system state and it said that i needed to reboot for active directory to be restored... On Fri, 4 Mar 2005 08:19:37 -0800, "ntexchange" <ntexchange@gmail.com> wrote: >do i always have to back system state when backing up exchange 2003 server? >and do i always have to restore at same time? i tried to restore system >state and it said that i needed to reboot for active directory to be >restored... > You don't need to...

Information stores
Hi, Does anyone know a way to get information on information stores....such as the size, no. of users hosted etc via scripting etc. Pritesh. This article may be a start and also links to the area on MSDN where more information on this sort of thing can be found: 320071 HOWTO: Programmatically Get the Size of Mailboxes on Exchange Server http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320071 Thanks, Richard Roddy Microsoft Exchange Support This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -------------------- >Message-ID: <408CECC8.106E3DD7@dhl.com> >D...

Problem to backup system state on Windows 2008 server with DPM 201
Hi I have one DPM 2010rc installation that is backing up several windows 2008 servers som of the windows 2008 server have problem with the system state backup. “Affected area: Computer\System Protection Occurred since: 2010-03-29 11:22:28 Description: The replica of System Protection Computer\System Protection on heiapp02 is inconsistent with the protected data source. All protection activities for data source will fail until the replica is synchronized with consistency check. You can recover data from existing recovery points, but new recovery points cannot be created until t...

CMFCRibbonButton pressed state, how to do that ?
First of all, I express my best wishes to the success of the new VC Feature Pack, which surely made happy evrybody who is still coding unmanaged code, integrating C codes and yet needing a steadily powerful MFC for his programs user interfaces. My question is about Ribbon buttons : how to put a certain CMFCRibbonButton in a pressed state ? I have a chess program : and I need a button that does the flipping of the chess board, if user pressed the button, I want to keep it pressed, untill the user press it again. I have examined the MSOffice2007 demo program, and I noted the print layout but...

Creating an invoice using Information Bridge Framework and MS CRM
Hi We are trying to use the IBF for MSCRM to create a printable invoice. Does anyone have a concise set of steps for achieving this? We have successfully installed the IBF, and have edited the isv.config so that we can create a letter from the invoice record. However how do we link the Word document to the 'letter' or replace the 'letter' with something more meaningful? -- Thanks Gill Opsis www.opsis.com.au ...

Changing Quote state from Active to Draft
I'm sure this question has been covered, but I cannot find any definitive information. That said, is there a supported way via the SDK to change the state of a quote from active to draft? My reason for asking is we need the ability to change the value of a custom field within the quote after it has been activated. My thought would be to temporarily set the state to draft, update the custom field and then set the quote right back to active. I have been trying to use SetStateQuoteRequest with no success. Tim ...

updating free/busy information at the server level
Hello, Can someone please tell me if it is possible to modify the free/busy information on the server level. We would like to update the number of months of calendar free/busy information for all on the exchange server. I have not found a way to do this. Thank you, Darlene Darlene, That is a client side setting and not a global Setting on the server. Maybe the folks over on the Outlook newsgroup have a way to change all clients. -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes only!. This po...

how do I copy information from a webpage into publisher?
Use the right click on the mouse. Text and images will need to be done separately. -- Don Vancouver, USA "....lalala...." <....lalala....@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AC312C21-342D-4977-91F4-7A7FE86E2330@microsoft.com... > ...