W-2s across state lines

Hello:

If an employee say works in Virginia but lives in North Carolina, how does
Great Plains print the proper W-2 forms with the proper amounts per the two
states?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

Assuming the person who set up the employee and the person who enters payroll
transactions has properly identified NC with that employee, then the system
should automatically print any wages withheld for that state on the W2.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"childothe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> If an employee say works in Virginia but lives in North Carolina, how does
> Great Plains print the proper W-2 forms with the proper amounts per the two
> states?
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s
0
callen (2505)

Insert a line or shape in a table
Creating a chart from Excel, I copied and pasted it to my Word document. I now need to put in some lines to create a graph, but when I insert the line, the table expands and places the line within one segment. I want to extend the line across the top of the whole table. I don't see where I can lock the table so it won't change. Drawn lines have nothing to keep them in place. Use a real bit of data, and the line will stay locked in place: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Cu...

Plotted line to show OVER plotted points
I have two separate plots on one chart. A set of points (blobs) and separate fitted line. However the line is 'engulfed' by the points. have tried 'series order' - but it doesn't stop the points appearing o top of the line How do I ensure the line properly displays on top of the points ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com This works if both series are Scatter. Plot the points-only series on the primary axis, and the line-only series on t...

how to paste a series formula across worksheets?
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel <i>have a budget workbook w/12 worksheets, 1 per month. i have a row of starting totals for each month. how do i copy the starting total in january's worksheet and paste it across the following months' worksheets in increasing months? Ex: in january's worksheet, cell A2 has the total of $100. in february's worksheet, the formula in A2 is: &quot;=100+Jan!A2&quot;. how do i copy/paste the formula across the rest of the worksheets so that they read &quot;=100+Feb!A2&quot;,...

Newbie
This is my situation - the data that I am attempting to chart is a combination of numbers and y/n which are answers to questions about usage: Example: Location: Apple Task To Be Done (Y/N): Y Task Should Be Done(Y/N): Y Quantity Done (#): 12 Quantity Not Done (#): 4 There are 13 locations Each location has 2 resources Ultimately, I am trying to show value added using current resources. However, I am stuck. Can anyone help? Thank you. You have left out more than you've supplied. How are you defining, measuring, and calculating "value"? What parameters do you want ...

Delete Blank Lines
Hi All: I have a file with many blank lines. I don't want to delete them by hands because this is a huge file. Is there any way I can delete these blank lines wisely? Any advice and suggestions will be highly appreciated. Thanks. Charles Charles, How about sorting the file and then "mass" highlighting and deleting them? -- Ken Hudson "Charles" wrote: > Hi All: > > I have a file with many blank lines. I don't want to delete them by hands > because this is a huge file. Is there any way I can delete these blank > lines wisely? Any a...

Mysterious line
After reconfiguring a form in excel a problem occured during printing. A mysterious line appears across the page. It does not appear in print preview. Only during printing. The printer works fine on other items so it's not that. I did create a custom paper size during redefining. Frustrated hi, print some other document on the same printer. also some document for another machine. if the line is still there on all of them, it's the printer. >-----Original Message----- >After reconfiguring a form in excel a problem occured >during printing. A mysterious line ap...

Grey Header Line
I have received an email in Outlook 2002 that the font is a light grey in color in the header. I'm sure it indicates something - I just can't find the explanation anywhere. The curiosity level is high. Thanks in advance, MoonDogii Could it be an expired email item? "MoonDogii" <bmohney@REMOVECAPSclayburngroup.com> wrote in message news:unwuB7kWGHA.5012@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have received an email in Outlook 2002 that the font is a light grey in >color in the header. I'm sure it indicates something - I just can't find >the explanation ...

Grouping daily transactions by month (using pivot tables), across years
Hello - Could someone please let me know the best way to use a pivot table to group daily transactions into monthly totals. I noticed there is a "Group and Show Detail" option----but it seems to be unable to portray 2 separate Januarys when they fall into two separate years. For instance, if my data is 1/1/07 1000 1/4/07 8000 1/19/08 10000 I just get a total for January, rather than two separate totals for Jan 07 and Jan 08. Is there a way to allow the pivot tables to show Monthly totals, but ensure that I can distinguish between years? Is there possibly a way to in...

merging a value in a text field with each line in a memo field
I am trying to merge a value in a text field with the information in a memo field using a query to create a report. This is the query I am using: SELECT AVRelay+","+IPRange FROM T_Sites AVRelay is the text field and IPRange is the Memo. IPRange has multiple lines, each of which I need appended with the value in AVRelay for the report. It should look like. 2,192.168.1.0/24 2,192.168.0.0/24 2,192.168.2.0/24 Instead it looks like 2,192.168.1.0/24 192.168.0.0/24 192.168.2.0/24 I have searched far and wide but has come up empty. Please help! I would gues...

Ping Jon Peltier: Custom colors above & below horizontal lines
Hello again, I was wondering if you had any suggestions on how to color-code "zones" within a chart. Using some the techniques described on your (EXTREMELY helpful!!) website, I have created a box-and-whisker plot, and added horizontal lines indicating certain target values (upper and lower). I would like to conditionally color-code the plot areas delineated by these upper and lower horizontal lines...i.e. below the 5th percentile line=red, above the 25th percentile line=green, between the 5th and 25th percentiles=yellow. Any thoughts, ideas, recommendations etc. would be greatly ap...

make an excel worksheet (sheet 2) open w/ the cursor located in t.
I have an excel worksheet with three sheets. Sheets 2 and 3 are locked so that entries can be made in only certain cells. Sheet 3 is linked to sheet 2 so that when an entry is made on sheet 2, the entry appears on sheet 3 in the corresponding cell. I would like sheet 3 to open in the cell the last entry was made (which is the corresponding cell on sheet 2 because sheet 3 is completly locked except for the link to sheet 2) Is there a simple way to perform this task? ...

ANN: nxslt.exe (.NET XSLT Command Line Utility) version 1.5
Hello! I'm glad to announce version 1.5 of the nxslt.exe - .NET XSLT command line utility. What is nxslt ------------- nxslt is a feature-rich command line utility that allows to perform XSL Transformations (XSLT) using .NET Framework's XSLT implementation - System.Xml.Xsl.XslTransform class. nxslt is compatible with command line options, provided by Microsoft's MSXSL.EXE Command Line Transformation Utility. In addition, nxslt has some distinct advanced features, like support for XInclude and XPointer, embedded stylesheets, custom URI resolving, multiple result documents, custom ...

Drop shadow on Drawn Lines 2008
I post in the Acrobat forums at Adobe Forums. I gave suggestion for creating forms using either underscores or Leader Tabs to create Form elements to use in Acrobat Forms Wizard. Name: _____________ Address: _____________ and so on. I've been chastised mercilessly by another contributor That say doing that adds unnecessary Characters. the contributor suggested used Drawing lines. I tried on a Blank page using Drawing line after I found the correct menu. But I found a couple of things wrong. 1. There is no way to control the starting/ending points (does not...

Access/Excel: Create multiple Lines/Column out of one mulit-line Column?
Hallo everyone! I spent a lot of time today searching for a response to my question but I had unfortunately no success. The problem is the following: I have got an Access-table called Employee with an ID and one corresponding Field/Column called comment. These comments are stupidly multi-line (separated by a Return). It's my aim to have access (he he, wordplay) to these two fields in Excel whereas the field shouldn't be longer that 255 characters. I considered three solutions: The table could be changed after being exported to excel in the following two ways: - Multiple Comment Column...

When no data report states error
When I run a report based on a query and there is no data to report the report states "error" in the body of the report. Is there a way for the report to say "nothing to report"? Or something else other than "error" When people see error they think something is wrong rather than no data or nothing to report. Thanks, Tom Hi Tom, The standard way of handling this is to use code such as this in the report's On No Data event to prevent the report opening at all: Private Sub Report_NoData(Cancel As Integer) MsgBox "There is no data to report"...

Undeliverable email W/exchange & Inet email
I have a few office 2000 professional workstations that are configured with both an internet email account and an exchange email account. THey have been working perfectly for several months and then all of the sudden when I try and send through the external email it comes back undeliverable because it is trying to send from the exchange (.local) account. I have completely removed all accounts and recreated them and as soon as the exchange is added back in it does the same thing. I have verified that the order of my services is correct. I have also completely unistalled and reinst...

Changing the system state backup
Hey All, I was wondering if the following is possible: For a system state backup, you can easily change the location on the server by changing the configuration. But I would like to know if you can change it to a networked drive? I have the situation that there are a few servers (2008, non R2) with only a C: drive that doesn't have enough free space left for the backup and no other drives available. Thanks Mike Thanks for reaching the newsgroup for raising this issue, When system state is backed-up to a \\machine1\share, it can't be backed-up from ...

Unable to set up on-line account
Missage I get when I try to connect to an on-line bank. I checked my internet connection and it's working. I'm able to open IE browser within Money 2005. Please help. --------------------------- Microsoft Money --------------------------- Money cannot complete a required online call at this time. Please check your Internet connection settings and try again. --------------------------- OK Another reference to M05, what's going on? Bal wrote: > Missage I get when I try to connect to an on-line bank. > I checked my internet connection and it's working. I'...

insert fold lines
I wish to add fold lines in the margin of a letter to help with folding so the address appears in the window of the envelope. See http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm#Window_Envelopes, which is concerned mainly with getting the address to print in the proper location to show in the window. While you're following those steps, measure the distances from the top of the paper to the folds. In the Word template, use the line drawing tool to place a line in the margins at those positions. The most precise way to place the line is to insert it close to where it belo...

Horizontal Lines In 2000
Hi Wonder if you can help me. I set up a worksheet. When I print it, the lines for each row do not print. Is their any way (simple) to print the horizontal lines??? Maven In XP - menu options : File Page Setup Sheet Print Gridlines Don't remember exactly how it was in 2000, but very similar -- / Sean the Mc / "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." - Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931) "maven" <paulboca@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:JZgOc.4653$yV.1806@bignews5.bellsouth.net... > Hi >...

some emails not opening, subject line only, not message
Got about twenty emails today. 15 of them opened just fine, but there are 5 of them that only show subject line and not the actual message content. Can't seem to find anything in the help files about this. Would greatly appreciate any help in this matter. Thanks, Bill Are you sure there is content in them beyond the subject line? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Out...

Adding a custom line to the header outlook 2003
Is there a way to add a custom header in outlook 2003? I would like to put in a tag so that when another program reads my mail if it sees the tag it will be able to be routed in a specific way. You will need to use Extended MAPI/CDO 1.21/Redemption to add a special named property. See http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/faq.htm#14 Note that you can add any header, not just the From and Sender headers. Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSpy - Outlook, CDO and MAPI Developer Tool "jojo" <jojo@dontreply.com> wrote in message news:uB3w9qOAGHA.1028@T...

MS Access Rpt how do you close up a line when the field is empty
In an Access report ... I want to close up the 2nd line in the report for my [Address 2] field when it is blank so there is no space left between Line 1 ... [Address 1] and Line 3 ... [City, St Zip Code] How do I accomplish that? Thanks! Set the Can Shrink property of the textbox containing [Address 2] to Yes. Also set the Can Shrink property of the report section containing the controls to Yes. This will only work if there are no other controls occupying the same vertical space in that section of the report. HTH, Rob "tcrank" <tcrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

'Automatic' change to Line Chart from XY Scatter Chart
Hello, I've been working with (x,y) data which is typically ordered in groups, but the groups are unordered (e.g. points 50->100 then points 151->101 then points 49->1). I add the appropriate index (x-value) and then re-order the data based on that index. The index is a distance (in metres) and the points are about 1 metre apart (but not exactly 1 m). There are typically 3 or 4 series of data on the graph. Before I re-order the data, I graph the data with an XY-scatter chart and it usually* works fine. After I re-order the data based on the index, it magically becomes a line...