voiding checks and fiscal periods closed

Hello:

I know that if the fiscal period of March is closed in the Fiscal Periods
Setup window that payables checks cannot be voided for March.  Now, if a
payables person cannot void checks in April and the fiscal period of April is
not closed, could that be because the invoice that the check is being applied
to is dated in March.

That would make sense based on how payables would throw the check back into
open.  But, I just wanted to check with you all.

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

You are correct.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"childothe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I know that if the fiscal period of March is closed in the Fiscal Periods
> Setup window that payables checks cannot be voided for March.  Now, if a
> payables person cannot void checks in April and the fiscal period of April is
> not closed, could that be because the invoice that the check is being applied
> to is dated in March.
>
> That would make sense based on how payables would throw the check back into
> open.  But, I just wanted to check with you all.
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s
0
callen (2505)
4/9/2006 4:06:03 AM
Thanks as usual, Charles!!!

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> You are correct.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "childothe1980s" wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > I know that if the fiscal period of March is closed in the Fiscal Periods
> > Setup window that payables checks cannot be voided for March.  Now, if a
> > payables person cannot void checks in April and the fiscal period of April is
> > not closed, could that be because the invoice that the check is being applied
> > to is dated in March.
> >
> > That would make sense based on how payables would throw the check back into
> > open.  But, I just wanted to check with you all.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > childofthe1980s

Automatic spell checking lost
Using Outlook 2003 on many systems. All but one automatically checks the spelling and corrects it. I have looked at all settings and they are correct. I have done a repair and still have the problem. Any thoughts - should I remove and reinstall? Any ideals on this? "John Leonard - Sage" <sagegrp@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:O%23NkunCkEHA.2764@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Using Outlook 2003 on many systems. All but one automatically checks the > spelling and corrects it. > > I have looked at all settings and they are correct. I have done a repair > ...

Self Closing MsgBox
Found this code below on-line, it is designed to close a file after it has been open for a period time. The problem is that the MsgBox sits there waiting for a reply. I want the MsgBoxes to display so the user will know what is happening, but I would like them to display for only about 5 to 10 seconds and then disappear and the code to continue. Dim Start, Finish, TotalTime, TotalTimeInMinutes, TimeInMinutes Application.DisplayAlerts = True TimeInMinutes = 6 'Timer is set for 180 minutes; change as needed. If TimeInMinutes > 5 Then TotalTimeInMinutes = (TimeInMinutes * ...

Possible to copy sheets into another (closed!) workbook?
Hi there Would anyone know how I can copy some worksheets into another workbook which is closed. The files are so big that I can't open them both at the same time. Thank you very much! Manuel Do it in batches. Open bigfile1 and copy the sheets to a new workbook. Close bigfile1 and open bigfile2. Copy the sheets from newbook to bigfile2. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On 17 Feb 2005 16:25:39 -0800, "Grotifant" <mschlabbers@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi there > >Would anyone know how I can copy some worksheets into another workbook >which is closed. The files are so b...

Check for more than 2 decimal places
I'm look for a macro that will check the number of decimal places in a range of values. I would like to have a pop up box alert the user when a cell is found in that range that contains more than 3 decimal places. For example if the numbers in a range are 50.35, 25.2, 35.235, and 35, the macro would stop on that cell and deliver a pop up box showing me that it contains more than 3 decimal places. I can create an excel formula to check the information: =if(B2<>trunc(b2,2,"error",B2) however I don't know enough VBA to get this fomula into a macro to check a range....

Check Box #4
Does anyone know of a way to convert a cell to a check box? We would like to convert the cell rather than using the active X controls on top of it. Thanks. You could double-click the cell and "convert" it to a=20 checkbox: Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal Target _ As Range, Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveCell .Value =3D "=FC" .Font.Name =3D "Wingdings" .Borders(xlEdgeLeft).LineStyle =3D xlContinuous .Borders(xlEdgeTop).LineStyle =3D xlContinuous .Borders(xlEdgeBottom).LineStyle =3D xlContinuous .Borders(xlEdgeRight).LineSt...

Checking a forms fields for null
Hi All, I can think of a few ways to accomplish this, but would like to know of a better way. just like when you fill out forms on the web if the field is mandatory it pops up a msg say somthing like "This field isn't optional" if it is left blank. What is the best way to do this in access on a form? I'm using now: if ISNull(myFeild1) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild1" end if If ISNull(myFeild2) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild2" end if if ISNull(myFeild3) then msgbox"Please fill in myFeild3" end if I use s...

Check the security update from MS Corp.
--wadrggrtzyh Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ipwfliboy"; type="multipart/alternative" --ipwfliboy Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="adodlupkrh" --adodlupkrh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintai...

Using a Check Box in a Subform to select records
I have a Form with a subform and two combo field are used to filter for records in the subform. The records in the subform have a bound check box. When I check one record on the subform and then move my forcus off the subform, every record becomes checked. Any suggestions? Thanks Are you sure the check box is a bound control? The behaviour you are getting suggests that its more likely to be unbound. What does it say in the control's ControlSource property in its properties sheet? If it is bound to a column in the underlying recordset then the behaviour could be explained by ...

Deposit vs Check
Can anyone tell me if it is possible to make money put a deposit before a check number on the same date. My payroll goes in on Friday and I write checks that day. Money makes it look like I am negative because money puts checks before deposits. Any help would be great. ewingerter | 2009-05-23 | 7:56:01 PM wrote: >Can anyone tell me if it is possible to make money put a deposit >before a check number on the same date. My payroll goes in on Friday >and I write checks that day. Money makes it look like I am negative >because money puts checks before deposits. Any help would be gr...

A unique document number could not be found. Please check setup
has anyone come across this message Is this when creating a new transaction? It's possible that you've 'run out' of numbers....what does the module setup say? If you have something like ABC99999, it may not be able to go to ABC100000 without manual intervention. -- Victoria Yudin Dynamics GP MVP Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports http://www.flex-solutions.com/gpreports.html "rcr" <rcr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:642E314C-DFEF-48C9-BD37-EB047270430E@microsoft.com... > has anyone come across this message Victoria has one ...

close button does not close
Acutally the close button, the big X on the upper right side, does close Excel, I just need to click it twice. While this really isn't a problem, It is annoying. Is there anything I can do to fix this. Thanks It turned out that Groupwise was conflicting with it. I followed the directions in this article and it fixed the problem. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260199 "goplayoutside" wrote: > Acutally the close button, the big X on the upper right side, does close > Excel, I just need to click it twice. While this really isn't a ...

how do I assign a variable to a check box or radio control?
I need to assign the value of a radio control or check box when clicked on to a variable, preferably using the SetTemVar macro. Use the AfterUpdate of the control (if it's a stand-alone control), or of the option group (if it's part of an option group) to SetValue (in a macro) or assign the value (in code.) Not sure if it's really a good idea though. Considerations such as: - You can quite easily read the value from the form. - Doesn't work in versions of Access before 2007. - If it's a bound form, the tempvar would not be up to date when you move to a different recor...

Outlook not closed properly
When I open the outlok 2002 the program always display the following message "The data file "Personal Folders" was not closed properly. The file is being checked for problems." How come? I'm closed the outlook by file-> exit ...

Money 2004 too picky on what it lets you VOID
Money 2004 too picky on what it lets you VOID I just upgraded from Money 2000. I use CheckFree for online payments. Money 2000 used to let me set CheckFree transactions to VOID (for instance if I knew a CheckFree payment was stopped). Money 2004 seems to explicitly not let me set these types of transactions to VOID (it just is not there in the "mark as" right-click menu). Workaround is to delete the transaction, then re-enter it as a non-CheckFree transaction, and then void it. Sheesh. se That's strange......I have never had a problem voiding a transaction...... Bo...

Check this corrective patch from the MS
--jvpplluf Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="fjivqayfwxnprlkf"; type="multipart/alternative" --fjivqayfwxnprlkf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="cigzxgkmd" --cigzxgkmd Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to continue...

Pivot Tables: New dimension members show up checked in dropdown
I've noticed that when distinct new members are added to dimension dat they show up as checked in a dropdown list when the pivot table i refreshed. Is there anyway to disable this so that they don't show up (pre checked? Basically, I have a model that depends on a subset of the members which I have checked in a dropdown, and the rest are unchecked - an when a distinct new member is added it automatically shows up a checked in the dropdown list, which gives me wrong answers. E.g. I have Stock Tickers as a dimension and avg. price as the measure I have 10,000 Distinct Tickers of whic...

YE Closing Procedures
The year end closing procedures need to be more efficient and user friendly. For example, the payables and receivable management is date sensitive except for amounts since last close, vendor yearly summary etc. These modules should be fully date sensitive and the ability to enter into multiple years without caveats should exist. Year end is stressful enough ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the b...

Excel 2000 closing X
When attempting to exit Excel the X in the top right corner is grayed out. The only way to close the program is to go to file, exit. What is causing the X to be unavailable? How do i fix it? Thanks Do you have the GroupWise add-in installed? You can also close excel by holding down alt while pressing F4 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Jo Hunt" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:030601c3d323$4cdb4360$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When attempting to exit Excel the X in the top right > corner is grayed out. The only way to close the program > is to...

How void receipt/shipment with wrong Item account codes
Series : Purchase Order Processing http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/135/20100312185625.png No sure by create a Purchase Return can help =96 my concern is wrong account codes & the standard cost. Under Item maintenance, the item (V0910) has already with wrong account codes and wrong standard cost, Has been wrong even BEFOFE the creation of the receipt shipment. So, the Shipment transaction is now with the wrong accounts. I am wondering if by doing a purchase return (Transaction > Purchasing > Return Transaction Entry) can help to reversing all the wrong entries f...

how do we check the nullity of a string
hello friends, i am using ms access 2003, i have a couple of doubts 1. how do we check the nullity of string with vb6 code 2. when we use the code MsgBox(" hello world"), then hello world will be displayed. now i want to embedded double quotation marks in the output messsge i.e for example i want the out put as hello "the" world. i mean the output should include quotation marks too. how can i accomplish this? thanq Too check the nullity of a variable simply use isnull() if isnull(varname) then .... As for quotations, if you absoltely want them you'll n...

check spelling on greek

Can't see Previous Year in Checking
using MS Money 2003 on win 2000 Can't see the transactions I downloaded for 2002. They are still not reconciled, but I can't see them in the transactions. I can see the savings account of the previous, but not the checking. I'm sure this is simple, but your help is appreciated. thx Try changing the sort order at the top of the register. Maybe sorting by date in the reverse of what you are currently seeing. Also make sure that it is set to view all transactions. "Quigley" <adfred123@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:069e01c344d1$81a120a0$a101280a@phx.gbl....

Excel-Can't close 1 open Workbook without closing other open Workb
This concerns Excel 10(?). I have Office XP, but it is Office 10 in my explorer files. Problem: I have a few opened Workbooks that I'm working on. When I close one Workbook, it closes all open Workbooks at once. How do I separate them and stop all these from closing at once? Has something changed to the template--"Book1.xls"? If so, how do I correct that? Are you clicking the X in the most upper-right corner? If so, that's closing Excel as a whole, regardless of how many worksheets are open. To close one, click on the X that is below the main one in the upper right ...

Prior Period adjustments
I need to post a headcount entry in a prior year (closed) to use in a headcount report as an opening balance (YTD/BB) in FRx Is this possible? Thanks -- BWS You should be able to post without any issues, or I should say, as long as you have Post to History enabled in your GL Setup screen. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Pierre" wrote: > I need to post a headcount entry in a prior year (closed) to use in a > headcount report as an opening balance (YTD/BB) in FRx > > Is this p...

Spell check on a protected sheet #2
Hi I think I've fixed it: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() CommandButton1.TakeFocusOnClick = False ActiveSheet.Unprotect Password:="password" Cells.CheckSpelling MsgBox "Spell check complete. Press OK to continue" ActiveSheet.Protect Password:="password" End Sub I added the Message Box as if there are no spelling issues on the shee the users sees nothing happening when they press the button an naturally assumes its not worked. Thanks again for all your help Jon : -- jontai ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jonta...