voided check in wrong year

I voided a check in February of 07 that was dated 1/5/06, the check was never
cashed.  Now the GL and TB for the Checking account is off every month going
back to the date the check was issued.  How can I correct this?
--
Bridget Thiele
ZefTek Inc

Bridget:

I would do a reversing journal entry dated 1/5/06 and have it reverse
on the date in February '07 you voided the check.

You'll have to open January 06 period and then close it after you do
the journal entry.  Be aware though, that you're going to be changing
account balances in a closed year (assuming you're on a calendar year
and that you've produced year-end statements) and that will throw your
GL Trial Balance out of whack with your financial statements.

Personally, I think having the GL and the "TB for the Checking
account" as you put it out of balance is the lesser of two evils.

Good luck,

Frank Hamelly, MCP-GP
NOVA Solutions LLC
Melbourne, FL

0
fhamelly (399)

ESM error stating that mapi32.dll is the wrong version
Hi, Problem solving a failed Exhange 2000 SP3 server, I had to install IIS and Reinstall Exchange. Copied back ofline backup and all seemed Okay. Nagging problem. Everytime I start ESM, I get a message that mapi32.dll is the wrong version. (Note: it is the Exchange sp3 version....) I have done a bit (lot) of reading on this and it tends to relate to putting Outlook on the same machine. Office\Outlook is not installed (not sure but doubt it ever has). All stated fixes are for restoring the Outlook version (mapifix.exe). I want to get ESm working. Note; ESM continues to load if o...

Newibe, Passing value to the MFC activeX wrapper class. void putref_SQLPane(LPDISPATCH * newValue) Please help
Hi, I am using VS2003 VC7.1 MFC, and it has created a wrapper class for an activeX that I am trying to use. if I look at the activeX's documentation it says the following: Private Sub Form_Load() With qbQueryBuilder1 Set .SQLPane = qbSQLPane1 End With End Sub the equivalent ( Set .SQLPane = qbSQLPane1 ) wrapper function that VS2003 created for me is: void putref_SQLPane(LPDISPATCH * newValue) { static BYTE parms[] = VTS_PDISPATCH ; InvokeHelper(0x68030007, DISPATCH_PROPERTYPUTREF, VT_EMPTY, NULL, parms, newValue); } How do I pass a putref_SQLPane the proper LPDI...

Checking Version/Build of CRM client
The current full version build of the V3C indicates its 3.5300.0.1361. When you check the version in the Outlook client, it displays the first few sections but leaves off the 1361. I'm look for a way to verify if the V3C has in fact been applied to an Outlook client. -- Thank You, Robert Harrison Portland: 503-345-9176 ext 814 Seattle: 206-686-3254 ext 814 Gateway Solutions Inc www.GSIcrm.com Certified Microsoft CRM Solution Partner ...

How to change the year?
I have a date column in my work sheet where I have enterred the year as 2005, but actually should be 2001. The cell format is date-month-year. My date range is B5:B55. How can I change the year on only for the dates in this range. Thanks. Victor Victor, The difference between a 2001 and a 2005 date is 1461. So do this: Put 1461 in a cell. Copy. Select B5:B55. Edit - Paste Special. Click "Values" and "Subtract." OK. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "la90292" <la90292@myrealbox.com> wrote in message news:ebnzG62qFHA.3720@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gb...

Check all
Does anyone know how to check all check boxes with the click of one check box, this is on a continuous form and will append the table on a global scale. Thanks in advance. Assuming the CheckBoxes are bound to a field in the RecordSource for the continuous form then an update query would be my tool of choice. Stacey wrote: >Does anyone know how to check all check boxes with the click of one check >box, this is on a continuous form and will append the table on a global >scale. Thanks in advance. -- HTH - RuralGuy (RG for short) acXP WinXP Pro Please post back to this forum so ...

Posting to a new year without closing the previous year
Hi, I need to clear some doubts about entering transactions in a current year without closing the previous year Is GL posting to a new year not allowed Is Transaction affecting the Inventory quantities not allowed. Thanks Asma Asma: You can post to both inventory and GL without closing the current year. In GL there will be no issues whatsoever. In inventory there will be some smartlist objects and other information that will not be correct when you look at some historical "year to date", "current year", or "prior year" type inquiries and reports. "...

a/p checks and unclaimed property
I have found some ideas 1 incr adj for the check(s) amount then mark the checks as clear on the next recon 2 void the checks enter credits to fully apply the invoices document either well enought to satisfy audit requirements Am i missing an easier way the end result is we will be cutting a check to the state for unclaimed property Be careful with this. Many states require you to send the amount to them, its called escheat laws so you may have to send the amounts to your state if the outstanding AP meets certain guidelines. In that case, the expense stays but you'll need to void/cred...

Check it out:Very good online resources,tons of cool men and beautiful women eager for lovers....:
Check it out:Very good online resources,tons of cool men and beautiful women eager for lovers....: 1.Very good online resources: http://groups.google.com/group/all-good-things/web/very-useful-websites 2.cool men and beautiful women eager for lovers http://groups.google.com/group/all-good-things/web/tons-of-men-and-women-are-looking-lovers 3.Buy tickets online: http://groups.google.com/group/all-good-things/web/want-to-buy-tickets-online-come-here I think this is a wrong group for this kind of message. We are all nerds here who are only interested in drinking beer and coding in MFC. Who w...

Account Distribution in check printing
Hi I need to print Account Distribution along with the check; I am using 3 per page/No Stub check format. The way I am using for printing check is, from the payable transaction entry window itself. (On fly). Any idea? Thanks BS You should be able to pull on the accounts related to the transaction by modifying the report in Report Writer. I am not sure if it already has the table linked that contains the accounts but I am sure you could add the table if necessary. If you have access to CustomerSource then look it up in KnowledgeBase. "BS" wrote: > Hi > >...

Why does spell check change to English(US) on replies/forwards?
My default language is set to English(UK) spell checker reverts to English (US) when replying or forwarding messages. How can I change this so it is always English(UK)?Cheers,Tom ...

filtering check boxes
I know how to filter a field that is not a check box, I use the simple code below Private Sub Label41_Click() Me.Filter = "[Month] Like 'Jun'" Me.FilterOn = True End Sub However how can I use this code to filter a check box. Check box is either "Yes" or "No" I tried using Yes, and True but that does not filter. Any succestion? Sandrao Try using -1 instead of True -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "sandrao" wrote: > I know how to filter a field that is not a check box, I use the simple code > below > Private Sub Label41_Clic...

void partially applied payables checks
Must be able to void partially applied payables payments and credit memos. The need to create a dummy voucher is cumbersome and creates unnecessary GL entries. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGr...

AP Check Process
I have several clients that are required to include enclosures when processing, printing, and submitting payments to their suppliers. They would like to see an indicator on the several places invoices are entered allow for an indication that an enclosure is required. Then print or select checks based on this indicator so they can streamline the stuffing of envelopes combining the check and the enclosure. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" ...

Time wrong
The clock on my PC is correct however when I send to someone it shows a time 3 hours in advance. Anyone have any thoughts how to correct? ...

How to check if mouse wheel has been used, system-wide?
Hi! I have the following task - I need to check time to time if mouse wheel has been used by the user, in ANY application. I have some kind of user activity detector, to do certain actions in application when user is idle for some time. It would be nice to have the ability to check if mouse wheel has been used. I already know how to check for keyboard (GetKeyboardState and compare with previous call's result) and mouse (GetCursorPos and compare with previous call's result). I know how to set up a hook, and can achieve what I need via hook. But, customer says sometimes system runs slo...

Find the number of years between two dates
I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to automatically add their ages in another column Try this Formula, assuming that the dob is in cell A1 =DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"y") & " years, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"ym") & " months, " & DATEDIF(A1,NOW(),"md") & " days" regards Mukesh "duke" wrote: > I have aroster of players with thier date of births. I would like to > automatically add their ages in another column On Fri, 9 Sep 2005 19:47:02 -0700, "duke" <duke@disc...

VENDOR CHECK REGISTER REPORT
Can anyone tell me where to find this report Brian, There is no separate Vendor check register report. You can always take the payment register for vendors by going to Smartlist, Payables Transactions, Apply filter to return those transactions by document type - Payments, you'll get the vendor payments alone. You can further apply date filters and checkbook filters to take the payments by date, by bank. You can then save it as Favorite, so everytime you need not modify the same. -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Brian" wrote: > Can a...

Why do sheet tabs keep disappearing? Box in Tools is checked.
When I open a new or existing Excel file, the sheet tabs at the bottom may or may not show up. I have repeatedly gone to Tools, Options, View and made sure the sheet tabs box is checked, but still no tabs. How do I get them back? I can't get from one page of a workbook to another. This is in Offfice 2003. Hi Arlie, Try Tools/Options/General In the Sheets in new workbook box, check and see how many sheets are set to appear when opening a new workbook. Larry -- keithl816 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ keithl816's Profile: http://w...

Void trans. Money 2006 doesn't recog.goes to same transaction/bug?
In my checking acct. I entered a check number and it had to be voided. When I try to to go to a new withdrawal, it starts with the number that was just voided instead of going to the next check, is this another bug? I tried closing the program and restarting but does the same thing. They fix this in 2007 also? Seems the more I work with 2006, seems to be bug infested and they want you to buy 2007 to fix it? Bruce I just tried this in M07 and M04. I entered # 2111. Then I voided it. Then I went to enter another new transaction. In both versions, It started the transaction by auto-fil...

Set a recurring task ie. a task to check a website each month
It would be advantageous to be able to set a recurring task ie. a daily, weekly, monthly or other multiple task. An example would be if you needed to go to an accounts website or prospects website once a month to look for leads. Or to check out a competitor for new things on their website. It could also apply to phoning or mailing etc. This would save constantly having to remember to create a followup or write up to dozens of followups at different dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote f...

Logged in as wrong user
I did try posting onto a previous question on this topic but haven't had a reply as it is way down the list of postings so perhaps noone has noticed it. I have somehow managed to get myself in a knot - when I try and log onto CRM from my PC as myself I am ending up logged on as CRM Admin. I have obviously checked a box about "remember password" or somesuch but deleting cookies and restarting the PC hasn't helped (although everywhere else is now prompting me to re-enter my login details). All previous references to this explain the problem but don't tell me how to ...

Check Boxes #6
Is there an "easy" way to add check boxes to a worksheet? As it stands, I have to manually attach it to the underlying cell, and adjust the size. I would like to add several hundred checkboxes. Am I doing somethig wrong, or is it just that akward and labor intensive in Excel? Hi Adam, Try: '=============>> Public Sub Tester01() Dim SH As Worksheet Dim rng As Range Dim rCell As Range Set SH = ActiveSheet '<<==== CHANGE Set rng = SH.Range("A1:A100") '<<==== CHANGE Application.ScreenUp...

Money using wrong date to calculate ROI YTD
I have opened a new file in Money to track investments for a stock club. I entered all transactions, which go back to Jan. 2002. When I look at performance for the account, the ROI YTD is not accurate, as Money is using values for the stocks going back only 6 months form the date I enterd the transactions rather than the values as of 1/1/03. What to do? In microsoft.public.money, Brooks wrote: >I have opened a new file in Money to track investments for >a stock club. I entered all transactions, which go back >to Jan. 2002. When I look at performance for the account, &g...

Document extra check was printed and mark it void
I'm trying to figure out how to tell GP8 that an extra check was printed but we need it to be void. We printed checks today and accidently printed 1 more than we should have. Since we used that check number, GP will move on to the next one. We want to be able to go into GP and document that we did print that check but it should be void. Does that make sense to anyone? Did that exra check print on a check or on blank paper. Do you want to re-use that check number? I'm not 100% with GP 8, but in 10 you just go to "Void Historical Transactions" and void the check. ...

checking
Checking ...