VERY URGENT HELP REQUIRED

Hi TO ALL Tech and MSVP:

I use to assign item to a site. But today while trying to assign any item to
a site, it does not work. I went through Cards>> Inventory >> Item >> Item
Qty and Site go to button >> Selected the site >> Save.  also i tryed Cards>>
Inventory >> site > assign by site id and range of item silent no error when
no error message , also these items does not added into IV00102 table also it
exist only one with "   " Location code where it should be one with blank +
number of lines shold add with location in the table. means no link created
between item and site.

What could be the reason. I am using Great Plains 8 SQL-2000 (DO I NEED TO
UPGRADE WITH SQL-2005) with service pack 4a. and i realize only after
installing this service pack , all set to go online but realize in test
period. some items are assigned to the site before service pack 4a is ok..

is anyway service pack can be rollback- uninstall to previous service pack.
what a great service pack to fix one bug you got many other which we will not
known untill after sometimes..

Thanks
0
AFT (40)

I've never seen this issue.

You may want to create a dexsql.log file to see what is happening when you
try to save the record. There is a techknowledge article on how to create a
dexsql.log file. The main thing to remember is that you want to get to the
point right before the problem occurs; rename the file; replicate the
problem; then copy or rename the file so you have a snapshot of what is
happening.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"AFT" wrote:

> Hi TO ALL Tech and MSVP:
>
> I use to assign item to a site. But today while trying to assign any item to
> a site, it does not work. I went through Cards>> Inventory >> Item >> Item
> Qty and Site go to button >> Selected the site >> Save.  also i tryed Cards>>
> Inventory >> site > assign by site id and range of item silent no error when
> no error message , also these items does not added into IV00102 table also it
> exist only one with "   " Location code where it should be one with blank +
> number of lines shold add with location in the table. means no link created
> between item and site.
>
> What could be the reason. I am using Great Plains 8 SQL-2000 (DO I NEED TO
> UPGRADE WITH SQL-2005) with service pack 4a. and i realize only after
> installing this service pack , all set to go online but realize in test
> period. some items are assigned to the site before service pack 4a is ok..
>
> is anyway service pack can be rollback- uninstall to previous service pack.
> what a great service pack to fix one bug you got many other which we will not
> known untill after sometimes..
>
> Thanks
0
callen (2505)
7/18/2006 3:24:01 PM
Thanks for your quick response - let me check the kb article and will update
of the outcome..

thanks.

0
AFT (40)
7/19/2006 6:29:01 AM
hell and thanks ,

I was looking on techknowledge on various issues and resolution and from the
dexSql.log message which u said me to generate in your suggestion , i found a
similar error message match and then I used that resolution and found things
working , problem is solved now i m back on track as normal . thanks for
giving me an idea and tips .

thanks again.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> I've never seen this issue.
>
> You may want to create a dexsql.log file to see what is happening when you
> try to save the record. There is a techknowledge article on how to create a
> dexsql.log file. The main thing to remember is that you want to get to the
> point right before the problem occurs; rename the file; replicate the
> problem; then copy or rename the file so you have a snapshot of what is
> happening.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "AFT" wrote:
>
> > Hi TO ALL Tech and MSVP:
> >
> > I use to assign item to a site. But today while trying to assign any item to
> > a site, it does not work. I went through Cards>> Inventory >> Item >> Item
> > Qty and Site go to button >> Selected the site >> Save.  also i tryed Cards>>
> > Inventory >> site > assign by site id and range of item silent no error when
> > no error message , also these items does not added into IV00102 table also it
> > exist only one with "   " Location code where it should be one with blank +
> > number of lines shold add with location in the table. means no link created
> > between item and site.
> >
> > What could be the reason. I am using Great Plains 8 SQL-2000 (DO I NEED TO
> > UPGRADE WITH SQL-2005) with service pack 4a. and i realize only after
> > installing this service pack , all set to go online but realize in test
> > period. some items are assigned to the site before service pack 4a is ok..
> >
> > is anyway service pack can be rollback- uninstall to previous service pack.
> > what a great service pack to fix one bug you got many other which we will not
> > known untill after sometimes..
> >
> > Thanks
0
AFT (40)

Need help with CListCtrl
Using CListCtrl, but when I sort the indexes do not go along with the records. Here's what I mean: Suppose I add these items: Row 0: John Row 1: Bob Row 2: Tom Now when I click on the header and sort them in alphabetical order: Row 1: Bob Row 0: John Row 2: Tom Now when I call GetItemData(0) I am expecting to get "John". 0 is where I added "John". But instead, I get "Bob" (the new sort ordered index). So this presents a problem. I have no idea where John is anymore.. in case I wanted to edit that item later, I have to scan through all the items. You...

Reporting in CRM help!!!!!!!
Hi guys, It would be great if anyone could help me with this one. In the Sales Pipline report instead of using estimatedvalue for my calculations I want to use another custom field. Does anyone know how this can be done and if so how. I don't want to change any of the functionality of the report just simple change the field that use. My custom field is also a Money field Thanks Will Assuming you are using v3.0, You need visual studio to modify reports. Reports are saved in SQL reporting Services. If you are using 1.2, you customize reports using crystal "Will" wrote: ...

Please help #3
What does it mean when your publication has a blue screen with a pink background? That is what happens when I open Publisher. I cannot tell what colors are what. It means yucky colour scheme. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" mlyon1@hotmail.com wrote: > What does it mean when your publication has a blue screen > with a pink background? That is what happens when I open > Publisher. I cannot tell what colors are what. =========================== Maybe the info at the following link will help: http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd...

Help needed with Vlookup code
I have noticed other vlookup codes in excel and after looking at them have started to try and use them myself. 2 questions. 1) The codes i saw had a lot of $ signs in them. I dont use them when i use vlookup and it seems to work fine. Is there a reason $ signs are added? 2) I have a vlookup code "=VLOOKUP(A9,Database!A1:F8000,2,FALSE)" and so on for a few lines and when it finds a blank box it puts 0 in there to represent that. Is there a way i can have it so that instead of putting a zero in it just leaves the box blank? -- Help Needed -------------------------------------...

very interesting query- please help

Bar Code
I'm opening a new retail business and would like to use the Manufactures bar code on many of my items......but for the life of me I can't figure out how to load the information into my system. I've serched the HELP screens, but no answers. I'm desperate - Can anyone guide me on how to do this? Sincere, thanks to anyone who can help :) Monica If using the UPC as your ILC doesn't work, you can add the UPC codes to the Alias tab of the Item Properties. Then if you're searching for WIDGET you don't need to memorize the UPC codes. HTH, Tom "Monica" ...

please help....
been trying to find how i can get office microsoft publisher,word,excel,templates and i own a windows 98 SECOND EDITION machine...I know it is somewhere yet i dont know where to look to find it...Can you please assist me in where i may locate on how to find it?Would like to download this too my system...Did have a windows 98 at the office i use to work at and we had microsoft there so i do believe it is somewhere.. thank you...kittenjasmine KittenJasmine, The only way you have Office is if you paid for it. It has nothing to do with which version of Windows that is installed on your compu...

HELP!!! How do you create a query crieria for multi values??
Hello all, please hyelp, its an emergency!!! Need to create a query where one of the searches is male or female, how do I allow user to enter both as the search options?? Also how do I convert tix boxes into a query criteria (e.g. serach for all ticked) Thanks so much for your help ...

Dlookup HELP 02-01-08
I am trying to use a DLOOKUP in a report To lookup a value in a stored query from information that is the report. I have a report that gives me a customers parent account name and I am trying to then use that parent account name to look up a comment stored in another query. This is how my formula looks =DLookUp("TXTFIELD","Query","Query.ParentAccount"="ParentAccountFromReport") Any sugesstions? Perhaps something along the lines of =DLookUp("TXTFIELD","Query","ParentAccount=""" & ParentAccountFromReport &a...

How can we make a control in a form to a required field
Hello, My form is based on a query which consists of 3 tables: 1. Inovices 2.Supplier 3.Projects There is a tendency save the record without filling in the supplier number and when they want to update the record they can not see anymore the record. Wht is the VBA in the controls/field of the form that supplier number and project number are compulsory meaning they can not save the record if they leave thses 2 fields missing Thanks in advance -- H. Frank Situmorang Frank, Don't go about this in VBA. Put the restrictions in the table design by setting the field properties to requi...

Macro help: Adding Specified Blank Formatted Rows Automatically?
How do I make a macro that will prompt with a dialog box to copy the rows a certain number of times. For example, if I have 2 rows of data and I want to be able to specified any number of copies of the 2 rows blank without the data but maintain the formats (colors, condition, formulas, code, etc.). I want to add the rows to the existing worksheet. Also, I would want to this macro to be flexible to maintain it�s function if I add or delete columns from the chart. See sample chart File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=279064 (question5 sample1.xls) ----------------...

HELP: Email body deleted when I receive voting response
Hi All, I am sending emails in outlook through excel with voting buttons. But, whenever I vote using voting buttons in outlook, Email body gets deleted when the voting response email is sent. Is there any outlook property that I can use to keep the email body when the voting responses are sent? So for eg: If I have enabled voting buttons and asked to vote on something from person xyz, the person xyz votes "accept" or "reject" and the email body is deleted when I receive the vote response email. Is there a solution for this? I want the email body to stay w...

help 04-20-10
since yesterday when ever i try and open an icon on my desk top this message comes up windows cannot access the specified file, pathway you may not have permission to access it? what does this mean and how do i fix it???? Also about a week ago when i was on the internet these system messages kept coming up saying my computer was in trouble and peple were trying to access my personal information and i needed to upgrage my spyware. i couldnt go into any programes except the windows security site and then i had to buy the 6 month protection to access anything on my computer. now ...

Currently no help is associated with this page.
I use Excel 2003 on Vista. A couple of days ago, I was getting this response to many helps such as F1; Search VLOOKUP; Click VLOOKUP. The problem went when I rebooted and tried again. I am hit again by this problem. I googled without finding anything. The problem seems to be with access to "local" help; Internet help is still found. Again, a reboot cured the immediate problem. I googled again and got 2 hits. Neither went anywhere effective. I would appreciate an explanation and a less destructive fix. Thanks! -- Walter Briscoe Some versions of Excel allow you to enabl...

Simple Date problem -_- Please Help !
Hi everyone, I have list of times in hh:mm format from cell A1 to A730 e.g. 9:30, 13:00, 13:32, 12:12 etc... How do I put number of minutes passed from 9:00AM i.e. if A1 has 9:30 then B1 must display 30, if A2 has 14:12 then B2 displays 312 and so on. What kind of function do I need to use? Please help! Thanks alot :D format cell as [mm] and use =A1-TIME(9,0,0) James8309 wrote: > Hi everyone, > > I have list of times in hh:mm format from cell A1 to A730 > > e.g. 9:30, 13:00, 13:32, 12:12 etc... > > How do I put number of minutes passed from 9:00AM > >...

Urgent: Free/Open Source alternative to MapPoint?
I have a small non-profit client that occasionally (once or twice a year) needs to produce charts for inclusion in PowerPoint in the form of the US map, with states colored based on the data in the spreadsheet. These are extremely small sheets, and so infrequently produced they don't need the bulk of the features, and can't justify the $300 cost of MapPoint. Are there any free, open source apps out there that can simply generate the US map with state colors and legends from data in Excel 2003/2007 sheets? ...

help hyperlinks
plz help me I have a spreadsheet column containing hyperlinks (paths) t different jpg files. How can I get it to work so that if I click on an of the hyperlinks, it will open the jpg in a Imaging application? using micros thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi If you have created hyperlinks using Excels 'Insert hyperlink' functionality and an image application is associated to *jpg files clicking on such a hyperlink will automatically invoke your application But if you currently only have the filename as text (that is no hyperlink), you may try the following in...

urgent help
hi members how can I insert rows after every fiftth row I have data of more than 6000 rows that means I want to insert 2000 rows in that sequenc -- b166e ----------------------------------------------------------------------- b166er's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3491 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=55456 See other post. -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) "b166er" <b166er.29t4vb_1150986001.8819@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news...

help with uniforms
I have a database, I use for ordering uniform and keeping a check on employees allocation. The company we use to supply the uniform have changed their pricing structure, which is causing me a few problems. Any outsize orders are liable for a 10%, 20% , 30% or 40% mark-up At the moment all my prices are generated when you pick an item from a combo box, it automatically fills in the price. The size is input by the user. Because of the pricing changes and the sizing differences with my stock: Shirts 14” –22” Blazers 34” - 58” I was hoping to have a combo that recognises the 14” – 18.5...

Confident no one can help with this booklet issue...
Please tell me what the problem is with printing booklets. Everytime I print one the First days of teh calendar appear on page one and the the last three days and the notes appear on page two. In other versions of Outlook they printed on page two and three. Which is the way they should. Is no one printing out calendars any more? I've posted many times for help on this and can't get any. I'm using outlook XP. Is there a fix for this problem? Eric ...

Help settings up SBS 2003 with PPPoE
Hey everyone, We currently have a server in our office running sbs 2003 with a single NIC with client computers connected. We were just using a dynamic IP through DSL, but switched out to a static. I am working on setting up the static through PPPoE but know adjustments must be made. Can anyone guide me through the setup? I had trouble finding a guide online. Do I need to switch to a two NIC config? What adjustments need to be made through the router and sbs connection set up? I'm a little confused on all of it. Any help would be appreciated!! Thanks Alex What r...

HELP: Need to transfer/share files between 2 PC through Internet.
I need to develop a program to conncet two systems through dial up connection and to share the files/folders of that tho systems.... any idea.. any guidance... warm welcome..... regards, Aji. ...

Item / ItemDynamic Help
We are running HQ and SO 1.3r. We have an "outside" application that has loaded some items into the HQ database. However, the programmer failed to load the corresponding ItemDynamic entries. Can someone provide me with a SQL program that will search through the ITEM table and add the appropriate ITEMDYNAMIC entries for each of our stores? So, far - no inventory has been received for these items but they soon will be and then this problem will only be compounded. Your SQL expert assistance is requested. Thank you ... in advance. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. -...

Need help in coding outlook
Hi, For Each oMailItem In oInbox.Items Debug.Print oMailItem.SenderName Next The above codes are part of my code. The issue is when the inbox item is not mail item the code will be error. When the inbox item is a report item (delivery failure notification) the code will be error. How to fixed that? Regards, Gunawan You can use the .Class property to determine what kind of item it is, before you invoke the properties and methods of a particular type of Outlook item. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming issues "down the hall" at microsoft.pu...