Version 9 - Home Page Metrics

Can you remove the option to add metrics through security, but leave the
other home page options?

Thanks

I don't think you can do it in regular security, you'd need modifier
to disable the 'Metrics' checkbox so it couldn't be selected.  Field
level security would work.
0
leslievail1 (120)

GP 10
In Great Plains 10, the page down key doesn't work when looking through reports printed to the screen. The mouse wheel doesn't work either. Is there some setting I need set so they will work? Thanks! Mary Fetsch Mary, Unfortunately there are no settings to handle this, it became a known bug to Microsoft team, you can workaround it by clicking on the report Zoom button and the scroll will work. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Mary Fetsch" w...

Office 2004 Student/home edition not working with internet
I've recently run in to a problem with any of my Office 2004 programs (besides messenger?). If my computer is connected to the internet, these programs will open for about 30 seconds and then 'unexpectedly quit'. My mom bought the home and student version, and there are still available licenses for me to download, but she is in another provinces... so I hoped I would be able to find another solution to this problem. <br> If anyone has any advice that may help me with this problem, it would be greatly appreciated! Start by going to the Help menu in one of the applications a...

OWA Admin error page
Hi WWW, I installed OWA Admin tool succesfully. ( DC:win2000SP4 - Exchange2003 ) But when I try to open https://myserver/OWAAdmin/ the following error message appear : Server Error in /OWAAdmin application. Access denied to C:\Program Files\Outlook Web Access Administration\ failed to start monitoring file changes. Can somebody help me because I don't have a clue where to start. Problems with permissions somewhere ? As always thanks in advance. Steven. ...

Exchange OWA Conditions Page
Hi, I'm a little knew to exchange. About a year ago someone that is no longer here created OWA for all of employees to use. When we open up OWA is works, but we would like a "Terms and Conditions" type page with interaction from the user of "ok" or "cancel" before the users sign in. Is something like this possible? We are currently running Exchange 2003 Standard Server. Thanks in advance! John wrote: > Hi, I'm a little knew to exchange. About a year ago someone that is no > longer here created OWA for all of employees to use. When we ope...

Free System Page Table Entries
Hi, Was wondering if you guys/girls had any experience of what the value of Free System Page Table Entries should be? I know that they should be over 5000, but we have something weird going on on our new Exchange 2003 Virtual Serve. Let me summarise what we have:- 3 Node Cluster 1 VS hosts 3500 users over 20 Databases and value is over 11K. Happily running for well over 4 months without a reboot. No major issues. Recently introduced a new VS on the 3rd node. Only 20 users on it (currently testing) but the FSPTE's are under 4000? Even after a clean reboot the value isn't any higher. ...

test #9
does it work -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Depends on what you are testing. This is not a test newsgroup and should not be used for connectivity issues. ...

How to replace Page Footer with Report Page Footer
Hi, I am wondering, if I can put my Report Footer to replace Page Footer position. Is it possible to do that? TIA Yanto No. You cannot easily move the report footer to the bottom of the page. Firstly, the summary information that Access collects across the report is not available if you use the page footer. There are workarounds, but the data may be unreliable: depends on which pages were visited (if you rely on events), and the timing of the compilation. Secondly, the page footer appears on every page, not just the last one. Thirdly, the Report Footer section can grow or shrink to fit ...

Great Plains 9 Restore
Hi, I am trying to upgrade from great plains 9 to great plains 9 sp2. So, we have setup up a test server where I have installed GP 9 and restored the data. At the moment I am just reading the KB923671 from customer source and one of the prequisites that you need to do before installing the service pack deals with Reports.dic and Forms.dic My question is when you install GP on such a scanario does one have to copy/restore the Reports.dic and Forms.dic files from the live system [or from the backups]. Or are they irrelevant? Thanks Sanjay, The FORMS.DIC and REPORTS.DIC are irreleva...

HOW TO OFF PAGE DOWN KEY IN ACCESS
On Mon, 25 Feb 2008 17:15:00 -0800, timal <timal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: It's considered polite to ask a comprehensible question (indicating the context and what you're trying to accomplish) in the big textbox, not just in the subject line. Also, please don't type in ALL CAPS - it is hard to read and looks like you're shouting at us. -- John W. Vinson [MVP] ...

js string in aspx page
I have a javascript function in my aspx page that is grabbing values in ddl and textboxes. I am forming a string to call the report server page via url and having problems. I suspect it has to do with string conversion of values pulled from the page, but I cannot figure out why as it works in other areas of the page. The commented out section does work when hard coded. Below is the snippet of js that I am having trouble with. Can someone point out the problem? I tried it both with and without the .toString() function. Thanks. var varQuarter = new String(...

How do I modify the spreadsheet to fit less rows per page?
I have approximately 300 lines and only want 25 lines per page on legal paper, how do I do this? I have tried everything including help and cannot figure it out Insert page breaks every 25 lines and change row heigth to lmake it ook how you want it to look. or goto <view><page break Preview. select all and play with row height until you have just 25 lines between page breaks "LeeAnn" wrote: > I have approximately 300 lines and only want 25 lines per page on legal > paper, how do I do this? I have tried everything including help and cannot > figure it ou...

How can I put 2 separates pages together for a front
I created a several single pages of a program I'm putting together. Now I would like to put some of these pages together and take advantage of the duplex printing capability of my printer. Is there anyway to do that short of cut, copy and paste. For only several single pages, copy and paste is probably the easiest way. -- Hope this helps. Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of my services on a paid consulting basis. Doug Robbins - Word MVP, originally posted via msnews.microsoft.com "iamrcc" <iamrcc@discussions.microsoft.com...

How can I create a link to a specific sheet from external web page
Hi, I have hyperlinks inside a workbook which take me from one page to another. These work fine in an exported web page. I would like to be able to create a hyperlink on a different web page that points to a specific sheet on the exported Excel spreadsheet. The problem is that no matter what sheet I link to, the link always goes to the default sheet for the exported web page. Thanks in advance for any suggestions to make this work. I'm not sure if this'll work for you, but this kind of hyperlink worked for me in MSWord: C:\My Documents\excel\book1.xls#sheet2!c99 John D wrote...

mystery pages appearing
I am trying (for the first time) to create a booklet using Publisher. When I started trying to insert extra pages, suddenly I found large text boxes filled with what appears to be Latin covering all my previously prepared pages. When I deleted the text and the object, it appears to just leave blank pages. Then I try to delete those pages and the Latin boxes reappear. Has anyone ever heard of this? There is no reason anything in Latin should be in my computer and I run anti-virus and all the protective software all the time. Any ideas? Thanks, Gail gailrolfe wrote: > I am tryi...

editing Master Pages For Pub 2003
As I learn Pub2003 and it's features I have refined an earlier post. When I view a premade website Master Page it contains nothing viewable. Am I doing something wrong or is editing of these Master's not allowed? Thanks in Advance and have Mercy on a Publisher 2003 Newbie (I use Dreamweaver But it's included in the Office product I have and I'd like to use it as some features look interesting). TIA for any help! Rich K RichK wrote: > As I learn Pub2003 and it's features I have refined an > earlier post. > > When I view a premade website Master Page it con...

version details
Where on my PC do I find what version of excel I am using? 03 or 07 or what. thanks In excel>help>about -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "SS" <nonense50@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message news:bQhjm.20803$Tr5.17908@newsfe13.ams2... > Where on my PC do I find what version of excel I am using? 03 or 07 or > what. > > thanks > In Excel, go to the Help menu and choose "About Microsoft Excel". This will display the version and any installed service packs. Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft M...

[4] 8 1/2 x 11 pages on [1] 11x17
I would like to (4) 8 1/2 x 11 pages on both sides of 11x17 stock with a fold down the middle. I can do it but the page come out in the wrong order. Have tried all the possible combinations of file/page suetup/layout/folded card. Duplex printing is selected it would need to print like this: ============== page 4 (upside down) -----------------fold---- page 1 ============== ============== page 3 (upside down) -----------------fold--- page 2 (upside down) ============== Can you tell me what the settings would be? File Page setup Special fold Landscape OK Yes to the next screen (it gi...

Version number
Is MS Excel 2002 the same as MS Excel XP? Yes. And the same as Excel 10. -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "pcw" <pchowing@mail.com> wrote in message news:1c72201c4222b$7fdf5f60$a401280a@phx.gbl... > > Is MS Excel 2002 the same as MS Excel XP? Hi yes -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany pcw wrote: > Is MS Excel 2002 the same as MS Excel XP? ...

Registering an evaluation version
I work at a small non-profit. We downloaded and set up the evaluation version of Exchange 2003. Liked it and so order a full copy from Microsoft. When I tried to install it it would not because it saw the evaluation copy as already installed. Now 120 days have passed and if has stopped working. I can't figure out how to get it to recognize that I have a legal copy. At the eOpen web site wheer you register products it states that no license key is required. Any suggestions please. Just insert the Exchange 2003 Full Version CD, and when you get to the choose components page, choose...

First MSM version supporting broadband?
Hi, I have been using Microsoft Money 99 for quite some time now. However I am interested in the online functionality, and it doesn't work because it expects me to be connecting through a modem (dial-up link). I am guessing that more recent versions allow connection through ADSL broadband (e.g. Ethernet, WiFi, VPN tunnel etc)? Since I live in the UK, I believe I cannot use the latest "Money" for this purpose, but I could upgrade to Money 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 or 2005. Which of these supports broadband link as above? Ideally I would want to upgrade to one of the earl...

Print report with second page
Hi All, I have a report that we print. We want to be able to print an additional page of data a check box is checked. I have a command button they press now that generates the report. How would I do this so that the report stays as one report with 2 pages. Verses generating 2 seperate reports. Matt -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

Home Page-Won't set to "Account List"?
I'm using the 2005 trial. I've been on 2002. I've had my home page set so that it shows my account list when Money opens. I can't seem to get Money 05 to do this. I can tell it to open with my favorite accounts, and then make all my accounts favorites, but there doesn't seem to be a way to put them in the order I want. Is this a "feature"? kp In microsoft.public.money, kp wrote: >I'm using the 2005 trial. I've been on 2002. I've had my home page set so >that it shows my account list when Money opens. Tools->Settings->StartMoneyWith...

how do i create a header and a footer for the number of pages
Under File>Page setup...>Custom header/footer enter &[Pages] -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "jff" <jff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F6B34B1-D941-41FB-9B26-2CF518AA59ED@microsoft.com... > In Excel click on Headers and Footers once the a box will pop up and you want to Customize either you Header or Footer which ever you want to do first. "jff" <jff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F6B34B1-D941-41FB-9B26-2CF518AA59ED@microsoft.co...

Is there a way to limit access to a page in Excel to one person?
Is there a way to limit who has access to a page created in Excel to only the people who need to have the access? Like perhaps to put a block on it?? Or fix it so that you have to have a password to gain access to the particular page?? Any help would be greatly appreciated. What do you consider as a "page"? What is printed out is usually referred to as a page or pages. Perhaps you are referring to a particular worksheet. If a worksheet, you could hide the sheet under Format>Hide>Sheet then Protect the Workbook under Tools>Protection>Protect Workbook and enter a ...

Determining the version/service pack of a database
I have a backup copy of a GP database but no accompanying DYNAMICS database. How can I determine (through a SQL query) what version/ service pack the database is at? Thanks. Zack, This is not possible. The current service pack (build numbers) level for each GP database are stored in the DB_UPGRADE table in the DYNAMICS database. select * from dynamics..db_upgrade On a second thought, if you know the version of GP where the database came from and if you take a pesimistic approach and restore the database to a shell company created with RTM version of GP, you can then proceed to apply s...