Version 10 Startup Page

I just started using Version 10, and I see I have a home page when I start 
Great Plains.  I see, too, that when I click the Purchasing button in my 
navigation pane, I see all the Purchasing screens I can access.  When I start 
Great Plains, is there a way I can have that Purchasing page appear instead 
of my home page?

Mary Fetsch
0
MaryFetsch (18)
9/23/2009 2:31:02 PM
greatplains 29623 articles. 6 followers. Follow

4 Replies
505 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 9

Mary, this is actually possible if you use a login macro with some extra 
lines to take you to the purchasing navigation option. I will create a blog 
article on this today. Visit my blog at 
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com to see the article later on.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com


"Mary Fetsch" wrote:

> I just started using Version 10, and I see I have a home page when I start 
> Great Plains.  I see, too, that when I click the Purchasing button in my 
> navigation pane, I see all the Purchasing screens I can access.  When I start 
> Great Plains, is there a way I can have that Purchasing page appear instead 
> of my home page?
> 
> Mary Fetsch
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
9/23/2009 2:57:01 PM
Thanks for your response.  I was hoping I could do this with a setting 
somewhere rather than a macro, but it looks like I can't.  I look forward to 
reading your blog later - it will be useful to have that information.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Mary, this is actually possible if you use a login macro with some extra 
> lines to take you to the purchasing navigation option. I will create a blog 
> article on this today. Visit my blog at 
> http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com to see the article later on.
> 
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "Mary Fetsch" wrote:
> 
> > I just started using Version 10, and I see I have a home page when I start 
> > Great Plains.  I see, too, that when I click the Purchasing button in my 
> > navigation pane, I see all the Purchasing screens I can access.  When I start 
> > Great Plains, is there a way I can have that Purchasing page appear instead 
> > of my home page?
> > 
> > Mary Fetsch
0
MaryFetsch (18)
9/23/2009 3:10:02 PM
Mary, 

The article has been posted, take a look at it at 
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-to-startup-gp-with-default.html
-- 
Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com


"Mary Fetsch" wrote:

> Thanks for your response.  I was hoping I could do this with a setting 
> somewhere rather than a macro, but it looks like I can't.  I look forward to 
> reading your blog later - it will be useful to have that information.
> 
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> 
> > Mary, this is actually possible if you use a login macro with some extra 
> > lines to take you to the purchasing navigation option. I will create a blog 
> > article on this today. Visit my blog at 
> > http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com to see the article later on.
> > 
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > 
> > 
> > "Mary Fetsch" wrote:
> > 
> > > I just started using Version 10, and I see I have a home page when I start 
> > > Great Plains.  I see, too, that when I click the Purchasing button in my 
> > > navigation pane, I see all the Purchasing screens I can access.  When I start 
> > > Great Plains, is there a way I can have that Purchasing page appear instead 
> > > of my home page?
> > > 
> > > Mary Fetsch
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
9/24/2009 12:25:01 AM
I thanked you on your blog, Mariano, but I'll thank you again here.  I 
commented on your blog that we'll be putting a macro in each user's Startup 
directory rather than having a login macro.  Thanks for the macro idea!

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Mary, 
> 
> The article has been posted, take a look at it at 
> http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-to-startup-gp-with-default.html
> -- 
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> 
> 
> "Mary Fetsch" wrote:
> 
> > Thanks for your response.  I was hoping I could do this with a setting 
> > somewhere rather than a macro, but it looks like I can't.  I look forward to 
> > reading your blog later - it will be useful to have that information.
> > 
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> > 
> > > Mary, this is actually possible if you use a login macro with some extra 
> > > lines to take you to the purchasing navigation option. I will create a blog 
> > > article on this today. Visit my blog at 
> > > http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com to see the article later on.
> > > 
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Mary Fetsch" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > I just started using Version 10, and I see I have a home page when I start 
> > > > Great Plains.  I see, too, that when I click the Purchasing button in my 
> > > > navigation pane, I see all the Purchasing screens I can access.  When I start 
> > > > Great Plains, is there a way I can have that Purchasing page appear instead 
> > > > of my home page?
> > > > 
> > > > Mary Fetsch
0
MaryFetsch (18)
9/25/2009 1:51:02 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Referencing and page breaks
Hi, I have a big document where I am cross-referencing several tables, figures,etc. For reasons I cannot understand Word sometimes add a page break after a corss-reference filed. Is there anyway to prevent this? Also, I sometimes need to cross-reference several objects at once, e.g. Tables 1 to 4. Word only allows the cross reference to be lable and number ("Table 1"), but only the number is not an option, as I would like. Can this be done. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks, -- Susana 1. Make sure you haven't gotten a page break inside the...

Pivot Tables 04-09-10
Hello All! Can someone please point me to a description of Pivot Tables and their use? Perhaps, a not too expensive text book would be appropriate. -- James Silverton Potomac, Maryland Email, with obvious alterations: not.jim.silverton.at.verizon.not Here are a few links: Debra Dalgleish's pictures at Jon Peltier's site: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivottables.htm And Debra's own site: http://www.contextures.com/xlPivot01.html John Walkenbach also has some at: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/general.htm (look for Tony Gwynn's Hit Da...

Line splits across 2 pages
In one of my access reports I have there is one line that splits across to pages where the top of the letters appear on page 1 and the bottom of the letters appear on page 2 Any idea why it happens and how to avoid it? Thank you, Samuel Samuel wrote: > In one of my access reports I have there is one line that splits > across to pages where the top of the letters appear on page 1 and the > bottom of the letters appear on page 2 > > Any idea why it happens and how to avoid it? > > Thank you, > Samuel Go into design mode and shorten that line. -- Joseph Mee...

Outlook consumes Page File...
Hi there, When I go to use Outlook, it goes and slowly increases the usage of the Page File to the point where the machine becomes extremely slow. The computer otherwise is fine, it's just when I use Outlook from Office XP that it does this. I tried starting Outlook Safe Mode and still does the same thing. How can I fix this? Thanks, Gordon Gordon J. Rattray <gords@shaw.ca> wrote: > When I go to use Outlook, it goes and slowly increases the usage of > the Page File to the point where the machine becomes extremely slow. > > The computer otherwise is fine, it...

Repeated Columns Don't look same on all pages...
I have 1 repeated column that I print on every page. One of the rows on this repeated column bleeds into the next column which is what I want on my header. Unfortunantely this bleeded cell does not print on every page except for the 1st page. The other pages it gets cut off at the cell it is in. Is there anyway to make it print fully on each page. I tried making this row a row to print on every page but that did not work either, it still gets cut off. Does my question make sense? could it be that there is a space bar entry in the adjacent column. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Softwar...

Add Page Numbers to PDF
I am looking to progammatically add page numbers to a PDF using VBA. I create a multi-page PDF using various Excel reports. The PDF then needs to be numbered sequentially. I have been able to research and find code to add a watermark to the PDF, but, no luck on page numbering. I am using Excel 2007 and Acrobat 9. Code Example: Sub WatermarkPDF() Dim bolResult As Boolean Dim pdfDoc1 As AcroPDDoc Dim jsObj As Object Set pdfDoc1 = CreateObject("AcroExch.PDDoc") If pdfDoc1.Open("C:\Test\Ranges\Reports\Custom_Merged.pdf") Then ...

publisher version cross use
I have been sent a Publisher Document by Email ansd my Publisher is version 98, It says cant read a different version. I dont NEED to update, anyone know a way round it please??? Ask the sender to send you a .pdf file. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "whosaprettyboy" <whosaprettyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E13B7CAC-3BA3-4DA8-88CC-CBD3270E30A7@microsoft.com... >I have been sent a Publisher Document by Email ansd my Publisher is version > 98, It says cant read a different version. I dont NEED to update, anyone > know > a w...

Multiple Versions of Office Apps
Version: v.X Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC I have not upgraded to Office 2008 because the budgeting programs I use in Excel require macros. I do, however, want to upgrade Entourage for better Exchange compatibility. If I install Office 2008, can I still keep my Office X version of Excel on the same system (PowerBook G4)? Will there be conflicts? Thanks, -Jd On 3/25/08 9:04 AM, in article ee95f9d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "jdbrewer@officeformac.com" <jdbrewer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: v.X > Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tig...

A0 page size | PP slow
Dear all, I am working on an A0-sized poster in PP, and PP is getting really slow? What to do? Can I clear undo history or something like that? Thanks Benjamin Hi Benjamin, Yes you can reduce the number of undo's and recent files displayed, but I'm not sure that will help with the "slows". How large is the saved file? Bill Dilworth "benjamin.friedrich" <benjamin.friedrich@gmail.com> wrote in message news:507e8462-7b3b-4c27-b078-a22ff359eba6@q29g2000yqn.googlegroups.com... > Dear all, > > I am working on an A0-sized pos...

I want cells to show green if <10% and red if>10%. please help
I am trying to make cells show a green background if the result is less than 10 and a red background if the result is grater than 10 I am relatively new to Excel and although I have spent some time trying I cant work this one out. Pleas Help! First select and highlight the cell(s) you want to use. Format > Conditional Formatting > Select "Cell value is" "Less than or equal to" ".1" (place decimal point one in the selection) Now click the "Format" button and select the "Pattern" tab and select your shade of green. Now click the &...

How do I center a sheet i 10 business cards on a pre-perf'd sheet
I used Publisher from Office 2003 to create a set of 10 business card which, together look like a rectange that is smaller than the pre-porforated A4 page it it should be printed onto. Unfortunately, the set of 10 business cards is displaced towards the top of the pre-perforated A4 page in a way that leaves the perforations cutting through the graphics of each of the cards. How do I recenter the set of business cards to the middle of the sheet to be printed on, or how do I adjust the margins of the A4 page so that my cards are appropriately positioned? Are you using a label template...

Watermarks 03-24-10
I have a 6 page document. I am trying to insert a watermark on page 4 only. I have gone through and created section breaks between pages. I have tried to unlink them from previous headers. When I insert the watermark it still shows up on all pages. I am using Word 07 Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. Word 2007 doesn't seem to know how to create a watermark that isn't in all sections. I consider this a bug, but apparently MS doesn't agree. :-( Because a watermark is just a WordArt or picture anchored in the header, you don't have to deal with the bra...

how do i get to the back page of a postcard on publisher?
I'm new to using publisher and I picked a postcard as my newest project and I can't get to the other side of it...do i have to make a whole other postcard to do the other side? From the menu bar, select Insert, Page. -- Don Vancouver, USA "rach" <rach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5ADEC20-3C30-4CF4-812D-782E06CDA213@microsoft.com... > I'm new to using publisher and I picked a postcard as my newest project > and I > can't get to the other side of it...do i have to make a whole other > postcard > to do the other side? ...

play films and pictures freeze anda restart after 10 minutes
Hi, as object videos and pictures start playing after 10 minutes, when i select video don't start playing, only after 10-15 minutes suddenly video start.... update codecs and operative system... what's the problem? :( Thanks in advance, regards. -- Necsus ...

Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook 02-01-10
Yesterday all was working just fine; last night I recieved this message when I tried to open Outlook: Canot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\Users\Travis\AppDate\Local\Outlook\Outlook.pst I am the only user on this machine; anyone have a suggestion to help me regain access? I tried a system restore but that didn't help. Thanks- "Travis" <Travis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FC...

10,000+ Website Hits/Day = Making Money!!
Are you looking for an inexpensive way to increase traffic to your website? Then, how about Free? Join the thousands who are participating and watching their site visits soar!! Banner explode members receive as many as 10,000 visits per day. One webmaster from Arkansas gets an average of 15,000 visits per day to his personal music home page. The system is very simple which is why it produces such great results. This is free and open to all sites profit or not. By displaying a total of 5 banners on your web page, in a few months you will have your banner displayed on a minimum of 50,000 web p...

Can 2 pages of Microsoft office publisher be sent as an email mess
I have produced a 2 page newsletter, but when I email it as a message only the page that I'm viewing arrives. If I'm viewing page 1, it goes but not page 2. If I'm on page 2 it will be sent but not page 1. I would like my clients to get both pages as a message that they can read by scrolling down without having to open an attachment or receive 2 emails. Robert Send your recipients a PDF attachment, much safer and it will arrive just as you composed the newsletter. If you have 2007 Microsoft has a free save as PDF add-in https://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?Family...

Page Numbers #3
Is there a way to get page numbers in a workbook to run consecutively from one sheet to the next? If you select multiple sheets, then print, Excel will consecutively # the pages. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get page numbers in a workbook to run >consecutively from one sheet to the next? >. > If I understand correctly, you can do this in the header/footer . You can insert the function and it will automatically number your pages. >-----Original Message----- >Is there a way to get page numbers in a workbook to run >consecutively from one sheet ...

POP Line Item Status Version 9
I just updated to V9, had an existing PO and now have added additional lines to the PO. When I print the new lines do not print, we do not have a release date (have tried adding a prior date) and still does not print on PO When I look at the line item detail, it shows line item status of 'New'. all prior 24 lines have 'Released) How does this change from new to released? -- Doug Hi Doug, Give this a shot! Go to Transactions > Purchasing > Edit Purchase Orders. - From here you will input your PO number and it will display all line item status's on your PO, ...

Center an SDI application on startup
Hi, How simple is it to centre an SPI application when it starts up in a non-maximised window? J Take a look at CWnd::CenterWindow: http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_CWnd.3a3a.CenterWindow.asp --- Ajay JoeB wrote: > Hi, > > How simple is it to centre an SPI application when it starts up in a > non-maximised window? > > > J Thats it! Thanks. Ajay Kalra wrote: > Take a look at CWnd::CenterWindow: > > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vclib/html/_mfc_CWnd.3a3a.CenterWind...

Open new page
How can I make a link to open to a new page ? Create the link to the page and it will open it. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "mousey" <mousey@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E40BF7DB-CD40-48B0-AE8E-0744D36CFDF5@microsoft.com... : How can I make a link to open to a new page ? I wonder does the OP mean new page as in the recent discussion as to whether a page overwrites the current page (target=_self) or opens in a new window (target=_blank) -- Trevor Lawrence Canberra Web Sit...

Not all versions of fonts installed showing up in Publisher...
I want to use Trebuchet Italics--not the style tool on plain Trebuchet, but it doesn't show up as a choice in Publisher. I checked and the Italics version is installed on my computer. How do I get it to show up in Publisher? Thanks! Lori On the Font Schemes task pane, click Styles and Formatting, select what formatting you want to change and click the italic look. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "lori" <lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:03A14085-D0F9-4FDC-AB23-BAA1DCE983E3@micr...

Two Cherries 520-6020 10-Inch Brass Back Dovetail Saw
Price:$16.35 Image: http://discountadvisors.info/image.php?id=B000JRBL48 Best deal: http://discountadvisors.info/index.php?id=B000JRBL48 I took this saw for a test drive and its' ok straight out of the box. The set is a really wide (which makes the kerf wide). The finish on the handle was disappointing. Some areas were missing finish and other areas had too much finish. But that's no big deal. For the price, this is a good deal but it requires some work. I put the saw on an anvil and took out the set (gently!) with a hammer. (I also heard of people clamping it between the...

Default Value in Table 02-22-10
I need a default value in my table to be the date value of another field in the table + 25 days. When I try to place this in the default value box, it says there is a type mismatch. ="ANLDate" + 25 Both fields are short date format. Any help is greatly appreciated. Cora, What you are trying to do cannot be done at the table level. You will need to do that on the form level. Is there any particular reason you are doing this in a table? -- Gina Whipp 2010 Microsoft MVP (Access) "I feel I have been denied critical, need to know, information!"...

Printing in batch of 10 documents or 20 pages single sided
i know.. i've read alot of post regarding this but it seems there's no confessions regarding the fix (registry fix" i tried it myself but still publisher prints it by batch of 20 (double sided)/10 (singles). anymore suggestions? this is being a mail merge printing.. thanks sorry kinda confused now.. i mean 20 singles and 10 double sided.. "ggs90025" wrote: > i know.. i've read alot of post regarding this but it seems there's no > confessions regarding the fix (registry fix" i tried it myself but still > publisher prints it by batch of 20 (...