Version 10 Startup Page

I just started using Version 10, and I see I have a home page when I start
Great Plains.  I see, too, that when I click the Purchasing button in my
navigation pane, I see all the Purchasing screens I can access.  When I start
Great Plains, is there a way I can have that Purchasing page appear instead
of my home page?

Mary Fetsch
0
MaryFetsch (18)

Mary, this is actually possible if you use a login macro with some extra
lines to take you to the purchasing navigation option. I will create a blog
article on this today. Visit my blog at
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com to see the article later on.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"Mary Fetsch" wrote:

> I just started using Version 10, and I see I have a home page when I start
> Great Plains.  I see, too, that when I click the Purchasing button in my
> navigation pane, I see all the Purchasing screens I can access.  When I start
> Great Plains, is there a way I can have that Purchasing page appear instead
> of my home page?
>
> Mary Fetsch
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
9/23/2009 2:57:01 PM
Thanks for your response.  I was hoping I could do this with a setting
somewhere rather than a macro, but it looks like I can't.  I look forward to
reading your blog later - it will be useful to have that information.

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Mary, this is actually possible if you use a login macro with some extra
> lines to take you to the purchasing navigation option. I will create a blog
> article on this today. Visit my blog at
> http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com to see the article later on.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Mary Fetsch" wrote:
>
> > I just started using Version 10, and I see I have a home page when I start
> > Great Plains.  I see, too, that when I click the Purchasing button in my
> > navigation pane, I see all the Purchasing screens I can access.  When I start
> > Great Plains, is there a way I can have that Purchasing page appear instead
> > of my home page?
> >
> > Mary Fetsch
0
MaryFetsch (18)
9/23/2009 3:10:02 PM
Mary,

The article has been posted, take a look at it at
http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-to-startup-gp-with-default.html
--
Best regards,
--

"Mary Fetsch" wrote:

> Thanks for your response.  I was hoping I could do this with a setting
> somewhere rather than a macro, but it looks like I can't.  I look forward to
> reading your blog later - it will be useful to have that information.
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Mary, this is actually possible if you use a login macro with some extra
> > lines to take you to the purchasing navigation option. I will create a blog
> > article on this today. Visit my blog at
> > http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com to see the article later on.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com
> >

> > "Mary Fetsch" wrote:
> >
> > > I just started using Version 10, and I see I have a home page when I start
> > > Great Plains.  I see, too, that when I click the Purchasing button in my
> > > navigation pane, I see all the Purchasing screens I can access.  When I start
> > > Great Plains, is there a way I can have that Purchasing page appear instead
> > > of my home page?
> > >
> > > Mary Fetsch
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
9/24/2009 12:25:01 AM
I thanked you on your blog, Mariano, but I'll thank you again here.  I
commented on your blog that we'll be putting a macro in each user's Startup
directory rather than having a login macro.  Thanks for the macro idea!

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Mary,
>
> The article has been posted, take a look at it at
> http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com/2009/09/how-to-startup-gp-with-default.html
> --
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Mary Fetsch" wrote:
>
> > Thanks for your response.  I was hoping I could do this with a setting
> > somewhere rather than a macro, but it looks like I can't.  I look forward to
> > reading your blog later - it will be useful to have that information.
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
> >
> > > Mary, this is actually possible if you use a login macro with some extra
> > > lines to take you to the purchasing navigation option. I will create a blog
> > > article on this today. Visit my blog at
> > > http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com to see the article later on.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> > > The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com

0
MaryFetsch (18)

Receipt template
Hi! I'm making custom receipt template. I use different headers ("OverlayFirstPage" and "OverlayOnlyPage" differs from "OverlayMiddlePage" and "OverlayLastPage"). Problem is that these headers are of quite different size and there is a lot of space between header and document section on middle and last page. Can I define different <TOP> parameters in <DOCUMENT> depending on what page it is (or what overlay uses)? Thanks, Koit I got it myself, using page number: <IF> <CONDITION>\p=1 | \p=\t</CONDITION> <T...

Changing the default page size in visio2002
Hi all, I have set up a template for a series of flowcharts, which includes a foreground page, a background page and a specific stencil. I set the page size to A4 in the page properties (for both foreground and background pages) for the printer paper size and made the drawing "same as printer paper" size. Next time I created a new document from the template, the foreground, background and stencil are as expected, but the page size has returned to 'Letter'. Is there any way to make the default page size 'A4' and make it stick? I would have preferred something like i...

Conditional Formatting 05-06-10
Hi and TIA. I have a worksheet like so. I'm trying to conditionally format the cells in Column C. If this is possible where do a place a call to the procedure? I want the procedure to run for each individual row except I can't simply copy the formula down the sheet because I have headers and totals rows. I'm new to excel. I'm an Access geek. Any advice or if you can point me in the right direction is appreciated. Thanks for your time! Header: USS Vinson A B C 1 3 3 1 2 2 3 4 3 1 2 2 Tot 6 8 ...

change page setup from printing 1 business card to 2 rows of 5
the program wont let me make this simple change. all i want to do is set up the page so that it prints the card in two rows of 5 but there is no way to change it. Oh but there is, give this a try. Here's I do it with Publisher 2000. File Page Setup Special Size Business Card from the drop down menu OK Create card. Assuming you are using standard business card stock of 2 wide and 5 high; File Print Page options button Print multiple copies per sheet Custom options button Margins = .5" Gap = 0" Side Margins =...

How to ShellExec IE to the home page?
Howdy, From my win32 C++ app I need to spawn an instance of Internet Explorer (or the default browser, either way is fine) that just opens to the browser's home page. I know how to shellexec a specific http file, but not how to get the default browser to just open to its home page. Another obvious way to skin this cat (that I'm not sure about) is to find a way to know where the iexplorer.exe is located and fire it off with CreateProcess. Is there a documented registry setting that points to either IE or the default browser's exe file? The solution needs to work with all versi...

Page Bread Bug!!
Hi, I am a fairly experienced user of XL but I still have not found an explanation for this happening... Sometimes a workbook will suddenly switch to a page PER CELL for every worksheet within it (and all other open workbooks as far as I can tell). Has anyone seen this before and know why it happens? Once it happens i can't find anyway of reverting to normal except by closing and not saving (I've tried all the obvious page setup options etc.) Thanks in advance. ...

Formatting changed when received by version 97
Hi, I have a problem with my Outlook XP. I am using Outlook XP with SP2 installed and using Word as my email editor. My problem is that when my emails are received by a 2000 or XP version of Outlook, all text is displayed correctly, but when a version 97 receives my mail then the font is changing mid sentence and extra blank lines are being added. The whole email look a complete mess. I know 97 only uses text and not HTML so something must be wrong with the way 97 removes the HTML tags. Has anyone had this problem or know of a fix? TIA Mark It is not so much that Outlook 97 does not ...

How to start header on second page?
I want the header to start on the second page. Other programs prompt you where to start. Excel doesn't seem to do this. Do I have to write a macro to accomplish this? If so, how do I find out how to do that? IF you mean that you want a constant row to appear on each PRINTED sheet then file>page setup>sheet>rows to appear -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "LLeips" <LLeips@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:95BADAB4-E7D1-487A-B283-360A3DACC7D4@microsoft.com... > I want the header to start on the second page. Other programs p...

report footers at bottom of page
How do I position a footer at bottom of page when the number of recods in the details section is variable? -- John John Vincent wrote: >How do I position a footer at bottom of page when the number of recods in the >details section is variable? In general, you can't. There are so many things that may be going on in a report (Can Grow, KeepTogether, the number of details, etc) that it is impossible to figure out if the report footer will fit on the same page or another page. In some restricted scenarios, it may be possible, but your best bet is to figure out ho...

Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0: x86 (KB829019) & version 1.1
Hello Everyone in this network, I need help. I am not very computer savy. I tried to update the above two through Microsoft Update but am getting an error being Failed. Can someone help me with this. My system has windows XP with SP3. I am even unable to download certain softwares due to this i think. I had remote access to work system from home but since my computer crashed last time i am having all sorts of trouble. Please help. Thanking in advance, Bhavesh. ...

Date Difference 02-24-10
Good Morning. I am trying to figure out how to calculate the number of days between two dates. I have a table callled events. That table has event date, event type, event outcome. For example a defendant will have an Advisement Date (AA as stored in the table) and say a Preliminary Hearing date (PH). When i enter information I will enter the date, event type and the event outcome will be (PD for Pending, CN for Continued, or CP for completed). For example Case Number 10-12345 will have an AA on 01/05/10 which is Completed and a Preliminary Hearing on 02/05/10 which was C...

Publisher doesn't let me edit anything from the master page
Anything on the Master Page is uneditable. I used the master page before to put stuff on every page and edit it individually. It won't let me select it on those individual pages if its on the master page. is there an option somewhere to allow changes to be made to the stuff on the master page after it's applied to a page?? -- -angry and frustrated customer JJ wrote: > Anything on the Master Page is uneditable. I used the master page > before to put stuff on every page and edit it individually. It won't > let me select it on those individual pages if its on the master...

Can't install 12.2.1 on any computers 10.4-10.6
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel "You cannot install Office 2008 12.2.1 Update on this volume. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume." I get this error on every computer in the building, PowerPC computers running 10.4 and Intel computers running 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6. All the computers currently have 12.2.0 and have all current OS updates. Any ideas? On 10/1/09 7:54 AM, in article 59b7db0d.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "macinmypocket@officeformac.com" <macinmypocket@officeformac.com...

Number of Pages: A Better Way?
Word 2003 Windows Vista Business I'm trying to determine programmatically the number of pages in one document for use in another document. I've worked out that: NumberOfPagesInOtherDoc = OtherDoc.ActiveWindow.Panes(1).Pages.Count gets me what I want, and it is probably robust enough for my current needs. However, I'm wondering if there isn't a more efficient way. I recognise that the concept of "the number of pages in a document" is a somewhat fluid thing - influenced by stuff like the printer driver, etc. - but I somehow expected there to be a mo...

access report 03-29-10
i have a combo box in a form to select 1 of 5 values and i setup list so each selection has a number value ie, 1. table 2.dessert etc. i have check boxes on the report that have to be checked based on the value selected on the form. i have to show all check boxes on the report but only check the box for the value choose in fhe form. i have tried to do conditional statement on the report and check for numeric value and then set check value to true based on that but haven't had any luck. any help greatly appreciated. Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice ...

OL2002 isn't dialing up on startup
Seems like it should be simple enought to figure out, but I can't! When I open OL2002 I hear a beep, and it does not dial up. If I open I.E. it dials up fine, and if I click on the former Outlook Express it still dials up (and tells me that Express is not the default). My 2 email accounts (both POP accounts) are set up correctly because they work when tested with the "test account settings" button in the email account setup (I have to already be connected to the net via other avenues). OL2002 is set to be my default email, the internet options>connections is set to &...

WDM to WinCE porting 02-06-10
Hi I am porting a WDM driver to WinCE. I changed the following WDM Code // Create a WDM Memory Descriptor List for this chunk of memory m_pMDL = IoAllocateMdl ( a_pMemory, (ULONG) a_ByteCount, FALSE, TRUE, NULL ); // Make sure the user's memory block is entirely valid, // then lock all the pages in physical memory. MmProbeAndLockPages ( m_pMDL, UserMode, IoModifyAccess ); // Get the kernel-mapped address of the buffer m_pLockedKernelBuffer = MmGetSystemAddressForMdlSaf...

The page cannot be displayed
hi, i've recently installed CRM 3.0 but could not view it on my desktop via IE (the page cannot be displayed). but if i try to browse it on the server using IIS (right click the website and 'browse'), it works fine. i tried disabling the pop-up blocker on my PC but still the same error. any suggestions? thanks. bob What URL are you using to try to browse CRM? You said you can browse via IIS, so I take it that you can't browse it using IE even on your server. This likely means that you have to set up DNS entries and headers in your CRM website so that you can get to ...

how to have excel repeat a template on each page of each workshee.
i have created a template that i want to have on each page of each worksheet. is there command to make this happen/ You can create a new default template, with your preferred settings: Open a new workbook. Copy your template onto each worksheet Choose Save As From the Save As Type dropdown, choose Template (*.xlt) Name the File "Book.xlt" Save it in the XLStart folder (usually in Program Files/Microsoft Office/Office) When you click the New button on the toolbar, the new workbook will be based on this template. If you want new sheets to be inser...

How to Change ITEM Average Cost in GP 10
How to Change ITEM Average Cost in GP 10 - while the feature disappeared from utility --> Inventory on release 10.0??? Inventory Tile, then from the desktop Utilities->Adjust Cost Or Microsoft Dynamics GP->Tools->Utilities->Inventory->Adjust Costs -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008 Documentation for Software Users Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Mohamed Salah" wrote: > How to Change ITEM Average Cost in GP 10 - while the feature disappeared from > utility ...

VLookup 05-27-10
I have a workbook with two worksheets. On the first - it has the following columns: Inv # Employee Fees Paid on the second worksheet i have the following: Inv # Employee Fees Billed Hrs Billed I want to be able to pull the information from the 2nd worksheet onto the first one. I know how to do vertical lookups but in this case, I need two. I need the system to first look for the invoice # and then look for the employee. Once it sees those two matches, i want it to populate the fees billed and hours billed. Is this possible? Thanks! I almos...

Copy Page Breaks
Is there a way to copy page breaks so you don't have to set the manually on every page? I have a workbook with several similar sheet that I must change the page breaks on as data is added and removed. would like to set the new breaks on the first page manually and the copy it to all others. Thank -- jwleonar ----------------------------------------------------------------------- jwleonard's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=948 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27650 So you reset all the existing page break...

Page navigation control buttons
My 2000 does not show page navigation control buttons even when I follow directions by that annoying paperclip. ...

HYIP-System.com
Investing from as low as $1.00 http://www.HYIP-System.com/?ref=1618643 \Martin ...

Page Break Problem
One user has problems viewing and printing Excel worksheets. Each cell becomes a page in the workbook. When I do a page break preview it shows each cell as a page. The same file opens without trouble on other PC's. Everybody is using Office 2000 Pro. I removed Office and reinstalled but the problem is still there. Ran a virus scan and that came up empty. Hi I would suggest checking the printer driver on the PC. As far as I know, going to Print Preview, or Print, uses the printer driver software, so I'd try that first. Make sure it's the right one and it's the latest dr...