Ver 10-Adding a new GL account message

Hi Folks
Does anyone know how to permanently switch off the message that appears if
you are adding a new GL account and you a defining a segment that has not
been created in segment maintenance?   I'd like to be able to switch off that
prompt permanantly at a few clients as they do not want to make use of that
functionality.
This message also causes havoc when adding new account via Integration
Manager.
Many thanks
Sheila

The message already have "Don't Show" checkbox, right?!
--
Regards,
--

"Sheila" <Sheila@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Folks
> Does anyone know how to permanently switch off the message that appears if
> you are adding a new GL account and you a defining a segment that has not
> been created in segment maintenance?   I'd like to be able to switch off
> that
> prompt permanantly at a few clients as they do not want to make use of
> that
> functionality.
> This message also causes havoc when adding new account via Integration
> Manager.
> Many thanks
> Sheila

0
Mohammad
5/2/2010 6:58:37 AM
Strange the replies don't seem to be appearing:

Anyway, you can either create a new account with a new segment, and select
for the message not to be displayed again when the message appears, and
delete the account.

or

update the SY01401 table where coDefaultType = 13 and set to 0 in the
particular Company Database.

The message appears on a per user basis, so need to change for the
particular User for Integration Manager.

Mick

"Sheila" wrote:

> Hi Folks
> Does anyone know how to permanently switch off the message that appears if
> you are adding a new GL account and you a defining a segment that has not
> been created in segment maintenance?   I'd like to be able to switch off that
> prompt permanantly at a few clients as they do not want to make use of that
> functionality.
> This message also causes havoc when adding new account via Integration
> Manager.
> Many thanks
> Sheila
Meant to say update the column "USRDFSTR" = 0 in the SY01401 Table where
coDefaultType = 13.

Mick

"Mick Egan" wrote:

> Strange the replies don't seem to be appearing:
>
> Anyway, you can either create a new account with a new segment, and select
> for the message not to be displayed again when the message appears, and
> delete the account.
>
> or
>
> update the SY01401 table where coDefaultType = 13 and set to 0 in the
> particular Company Database.
>
> The message appears on a per user basis, so need to change for the
> particular User for Integration Manager.
>
> Mick
>
> "Sheila" wrote:
>
> > Hi Folks
> > Does anyone know how to permanently switch off the message that appears if
> > you are adding a new GL account and you a defining a segment that has not
> > been created in segment maintenance?   I'd like to be able to switch off that
> > prompt permanantly at a few clients as they do not want to make use of that
> > functionality.
> > This message also causes havoc when adding new account via Integration
> > Manager.
> > Many thanks
> > Sheila
Hi Mick

Thank you very much - I am going to try that.
Thanks
Sheila

"Mick Egan" wrote:

> Meant to say update the column "USRDFSTR" = 0 in the SY01401 Table where
> coDefaultType = 13.
>
> Mick
>

> "Mick Egan" wrote:
>
> > Strange the replies don't seem to be appearing:
> >
> > Anyway, you can either create a new account with a new segment, and select
> > for the message not to be displayed again when the message appears, and
> > delete the account.
> >
> > or
> >
> > update the SY01401 table where coDefaultType = 13 and set to 0 in the
> > particular Company Database.
> >
> > The message appears on a per user basis, so need to change for the
> > particular User for Integration Manager.
> >
> > Mick
> >
> > "Sheila" wrote:
> >
> > > Hi Folks
> > > Does anyone know how to permanently switch off the message that appears if
> > > you are adding a new GL account and you a defining a segment that has not
> > > been created in segment maintenance?   I'd like to be able to switch off that
> > > prompt permanantly at a few clients as they do not want to make use of that
> > > functionality.
> > > This message also causes havoc when adding new account via Integration
> > > Manager.
> > > Many thanks
> > > Sheila

How to be notified when messages are delivered or read

Excel Jululian 04-28-10
Good morning please help can i create an index sheet for all my excels files (XLS) regrads yes george, if thats what you want to do. RegMigrant "George A. Jululian" wrote: > Good morning > > please help > > can i create an index sheet for all my excels files (XLS) > > regrads oh, go on then two ways - build an excel macro what gets the information from windows so can (kind of) keep itself up to date. I am guessing you have no macro background so i offer the much cheaper way:- got to Start, run type "cmd" wi...

Adding Palettes to V8.0
Hi, What is equivalent to Setup > Company > Palettes in V8.0. I have a 3rd Party application (cnk) and I need to access it's forms and reports Thanks There are some third party developers who have added some Palette functionality back to v8.0. However, this is not what you need. You need to look at the Great Plains Integration Guide that is provided with Dexterity and add into your chunk the commands and menus required for the navigation model used in v8.0 of Great Plains onwards. The other choice is to use Shortcuts, but this would need to be set up for Multiple users and...

testing #10
cant post? "JDS" <jdslater@mchsi.com> wrote in message news:6YLMl.688725$yE1.662347@attbi_s21... > cant post? Clearly you can, but this is the wrong newsgroup for test posts. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Adding columns automatically based on worksheets
MVPs In a workbook, I have initially 2 sheets. Sheet1 contains information about sheet2 which is reflected in Column B. How can I automatically add a column (column C, D, etc..) of information if I add another sheet3, Sheet4, etc.. Meaning, I want to be able to freely add sheet3, sheet4 and in sheet1 columns would be automatically be created based on these new sheets. ...

Hyperlinks #10
I have a 9 page site created with Publisher. I saved it as an html file and when I open it, all the links work fine. However, I've uploaded it and none of the links on page 1 work. Of course, i can't get to page 2 to see if any of those work. What to do? Thanks for any help. What to do? Post your url so someone can see what the problem might be. A stab in the dark is that Pub is turning your text into one large graphic. Mike frazzeled wrote: > I have a 9 page site created with Publisher. I saved it as an html file and > when I open it, all the links work fine. Ho...

Adding columns to item table
Are there any incompatibility issues I would need to worry about in adding additional columns to tables in the database? I'm already using most of the available fields in the item table and I would like a place to store each items ASIN assigned from amazon. I don't need to be able to read or write this in either the POS or the Manager, I just need to be able to access it through SQL queries. I would like to know the same thing. Has anybody done that without problems? <tfitts@gmail.com> wrote in message news:ce05743c-7ca2-49cc-89da-815d91c77e4d@1g2000prd.googlegroups.com......

Which message is Notify when the checkbox of CTreeCtrl is checked
Hi, I use a tree to display information in Dialog.The tree item has a checkbox(not image),I want to get the notification when the checkbox is checked or unchecked. But I dont know which kind of message it will trigger. Could someone tell me ?Thanx everybody. > I use a tree to display information in Dialog.The tree item has a >checkbox(not image),I want to get the notification when the checkbox is >checked or unchecked. >But I dont know which kind of message it will trigger. Use Spy++ - it's invaluable in diagnosing issues just like this in GUI applications. Dave -...

Outlook 2001 & new Exchange server
We recently moved to a new server (Exchange 2003 on Win2003; old server was Exchange 2000 on Win2000). We have one Mac user (MacOS 10.3). Our experience with Entourage X was abysmal, so she uses iCal and Groupcal (from Snerdware) to access her calendar. To look at other users' calendars, she uses Outlook 2001 (which runs in Classic mode). When we moved to the new Exchange server, she could no longer access calendars that she had previously accessed, either from File | Open | Other User's Folder or File | Open and then the shortcut (the error was about permissions, which were as befor...

Can't give access to new Test Company on GP10
I created an additional company on GP10 which I called TEST. Through SQL Server, I restored a backup file of our production database to test. Then I went into GP > User Access Setup, and tried to assign access to the TEST company to users, but it would not allow it. The message read, "The user could not be added to one or more databases." I created the new company as sa, and sa does have access to the TEST company. I would appreciate any help with this. Thanks! Have you tried going into SQL server and removing all the permissions from the Test database before going into...

[P2007]
Hi, I have a PM user who has just changed the login account password in AD and after that he is no longer able to login to PWA, an access denied message will show up instead. Even if I assign him as an administrator, he is still getting the same problem. He has no issue using Project Professional (with his account) to connect to the project server, it is just the PWA that he is unable to access. Did anyone encountered the same issue before? Regards Godrid Godrid: Most likely his desktop is sending the incorrect credentials. Verify that the user didn't save the passw...

This message has not yet been submitted for delivery (EMail Router Workflow)
I have CRM 4.0 and an external Exchange/SMTP host. The Email router is installed and I believe working. All tests complete successfully. Also - I can create a new Activity --> Email and receive an email message via CRM4 no problem. I created a workflow that is supposed to send an Email to the customer when a case is resolved. When I create a test case and resolve it - the email appears in Pending Queue. When I double click the Email it says "This message has not yet been submitted for delivery." There are no errors in the WIn Event Log. My outgoing messages are set to Email Rout...

Lock Account with OL2000
I use exchange 2000 (Sp3) + OL2000 (SP3) I found that my OL network secuity is changed to "None" It will pop up a window for logon if I open OL But if enter wrong message, my Account will be locked. I have check my Domain Group Policy. The account will be locked only if logon over 5 times Any one can help me?? THX ...

Automatically creating new pst file when pst is too big
Would anybody know how to automatically create new pst files after it reaches a certain size? I would like outlook 2000 to automatically archive all email folders and then after reaching a specific size create a new pst. After creating the new pst then it would either inform the user of the location of the old pst or add the new pst to the current profile. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Alex ...

RMS - CRM
I run Dynamics CRM 4.0 and RMS 2.0 . What options do I have for Accounts integration between these three products (Crm, Accounts Application, RMS). I was hoping by now there would be a seemless link but I cannot see one and I've been waiting 4 years now ! :-) Because we are UK based Accounting 2009 looks our only option as GP seems far to complex for us. Can you help me out with these questions ? 1) Does anyone have any news on integrating pos2009 to accounting pro 2009? 2) Should I migrate to accounting pro 2009 and prey that a link is born. I'm getting fed up of double enter...

adding news groups
IN MS Outlook 2003 the Command for news groups is not listed in the add commands list. Answer posted here on a daily basis: To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make it your default newsreader the next time you launch it, clear the "Always perform this check..." box and then click the No button. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "MC" <MC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74EC91E3-23C0-44DC-8470-2770D35E2DA2@microsoft.com...

adding search folder
Under all mail folders I show I show two headings- "personal folders" and "fap..." which has all my e-mail. personal folders has a "search folders" folder which does not search my "fap..." folders. I would like to add a "search folders" so I can easily find flagged messages in my e-mail account. I would like to have the new search folder folders stored on my server as are all my other folders in the "fap.." folder set. How do I “search folders” to the e-mail folder list? AFAIK You can't add a Search Folder that searches...

Creat Project Web Access Site : new instance
Hi, Question of a beginner: Using ProjectServer 2007 + SP2 + Dec CU. I want to create a new instance of PWA in the SharedServices1. In the Create Project Web Access Site page, in the "SharePoint Web Application to host Project Web Access" drop down list, I don't have "Default Web Site" as usual. I only have the 2 options: "SharePoint - 22794" and "SharePoint - 80". What did I miss? What I have to do? Thanks for your help Robert: You didn't miss anything. No doubt the 22794 port is running your SharePoint Central admin an...

MS
I'm running a SBS2003 which comes with Exchange. When I go into the que I see all these outgoing messages, I click on them and Outlook Express (which we don't use) pops up with a message to an email account we don't have. They are all from Internet Email? When I go into Exchange Manager - Servers - my domain - Queues I see all these odd outbound ? - Default SMTP Virtual Server? Any ideas? I'm upto date with Trend, and I've done the house call scan and found nothing. I'm upto date with MS. -- Dave Are you being used as a relay by a spammer? Could one of local desk...

A message is queued at the Internet Mail Service (EXC01)
We are getting messages sent back to users not all the time but on an intermittent basis. I've looked around on the interent and only finds articles that relate to Exchange 2000 (BY THE WAY WE RUN 5.5). Does anyone have any thoughts on this. Thanks, KB when you say back do you mean ndr. try going to dnsstuff.com and checking your mx record to make sure you are not on a blacklist as well as you have a reverse ptr recrd. this sounds stupid but allot of companies are using mail firewalls that do rev lookups etc. "KB" wrote: > We are getting messages sent back to user...

new worm or something?
This last week my daily spam volume as like trippled from it's usually, on Friday I had about 100 bulk e-mails and this morning, I'm already up to 450 and I'm only at 30%. Most of them have attachments. Anyone else notice the uprise or is it just me. I thought there might be a new worm or exploit out there that's causing all this. Is there a website you guys usually check out that is good for this type of news? Someone's probably sold your name to a new list or something like that. Annoying, isn't it? Do you have antispam software? I've been very pleased with S...

adding macro to right mouse click menu
I know how to add macros to toolbars and menus, but I would like to add a macro to the right mouse click menu in Excel. Can anyone tell me how to accomplish this? Thanks and regards This can be done only with code. With Application.CommandBars("Cell").Controls.Add(temporary:=True) .Caption = "Click Me" .OnAction = "'" & ThisWorkbook.Name & "'!MyMacroName" End With -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "JimB" <JimB@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Testing 05-14-10
for testing ...

cannot delete messages
I have an Exchange 2000 Server, SP 3. Outlook 2000 clients. several users in my orgainziation have messages in their inboxes that they cannot delete. UNKNOWN error is all they get. is there any way to get these messages out? regards, JM ...

error message #26
If i create a shortcut to a workbook on the desktop, I get a the message that a file by that name is already open. Clicking ok makes the message go away and the file works fine. this does not occur when opening the file any other way. Not fatal, bu annoying Maybe... http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen From the FAQ at Debra Dalgleish's site. "paboombillanonymous@aol.com" wrote: > > If i create a shortcut to a workbook on the desktop, I get > a the message that a file by that name is already open. > Clicking ok makes the message go away and the ...